Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ladies. how many messages do you receive?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Ladies. how many messages do you receive? Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
There are people who say "You will meet The One when you least expect it." That could mean 10, 20, 30 years from now. Are there people in nursing homes who are their 80's and 90's, who are still waiting for The One to magically show up when they least expect it?
 siisaa
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Ladies. how many messages do you receive?
Posted: 1/1/2019 7:37:49 PM

There are people who say "You will meet The One when you least expect it." That could mean 10, 20, 30 years from now. Are there people in nursing homes who are their 80's and 90's, who are still waiting for The One to magically show up when they least expect it?

That's why trite cliches are not to be taken seriously. If someone is serious about meeting "The One", they need to work on themselves and, most importantly, fish in the right ponds. I tell my friends & acquaintances who express frustration about not meeting the right people..."Don't fish in a swamp expecting to find a good catch."
 hemingway234
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2019 8:32:00 AM
Sometimes you will meet the one when you least expect it. Other times, you will find them when you are proactive.

I say be proactive and put your cute mug up on a dating site.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2019 8:25:39 PM

It's not so much that you have changed or gotten older, it's that that the world has changed.
Well, um, there is a point at which "gotten older" is a reason, too . But thanks for making some of us feel better. So we older folks can blame the world instead, cuz we know that we are still as sexy and exciting as we ever were.

"will not respond to one-line messages".
My strategy is then to write a two-line message.

If you get one that obviously took some time to write., will you respond if your not attracted to the photos? And taking it a step further, if you get a simple message from an attractive guy, will you reply to that one instead?
I think we all know the answer to that one.

I've realised I must have two heads
Well, technically, you do have two heads.

this place is full of talking corpses.
And real corpses, according to one post I just read. Maybe you should open your mail parameters to talking corpses then, or if you're not too picky, shy corpses, too.

I find that when some men moan about not getting the messages they think they should, they often forget to include the messages from people they don't desire from their presentation.
Yea, I tend to not count messages from men and prostitutes in my statistics.

Several of them were just to insult me such as calling me loser or boring
As long as they weren't men or prostitutes, I would count those, though, especially if they were hot.

Most of the messages I've received from women just said "hi". And every time I see that I think about how most women want the initial message to be longer than that. I don't mind. It's like talking to someone you're interested in IRL. The conversation usually starts with hi then goes from there.
THe "Hi" message is equivalent to the eye contact/smile in a bar. That's the extent of what she's gonna do to express interest. The rest is up to you.

I have received a few since I uploaded my Santa pic. Have gotten a lot more views too. Before that, every once in a blue moon. But I have plenty of things working against me. I pretty much expect nothing, really, so never disappointed. And Santa's going away, alas....so may as well winterize my mailbox, disconnedt the power and board up the windows til I can upload another pic.
 SpecialKate
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2019 7:58:17 AM
I totally agree. And what is with the guys who do message you, they are 60 and above saying they want children?
Are you kidding, then why are you messaging a 60 year old woman? Guess what there won't be any children there. I think they just keep hoping for the young thing. No thanks, I will pass you by. There does not seem to be any older men looking for someone there age. Guess I am wasting my time. I wish to live with reality and not fantasy.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ladies. how many messages do you receive?