Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 reason782
Msg: 226
Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.Page 10 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
everything is computational
 Inicia
Msg: 227
Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.
Posted: 4/24/2018 7:21:19 PM
Still this f-in age old waste of brain power fricking dumb stupid ass argument- you all seem like intelligent people-but wait you are still arguing a moot point-yes you are idiots every last one of you- for as many years as these philosophy boards have existed this is just continually strung out for discussion like somebodies s**t/blood stained underwear or bloody bridal sheets??????WTF Use those enormous brains for something f-in productive
 reason782
Msg: 228
Posted: 4/24/2018 7:41:19 PM

Waste of time, some folks are.

Know what's funny?

Doesn't matter if God respecting people are wrong, but, if those who believe everything happened by chance are wrong, well, go figure. (Natural causes only happen with preplanning)
You have to be able to recognise preplanning.

lol i love this guys pic and his demeanor
 ghostata
Msg: 229
Posted: 4/24/2018 7:55:17 PM
You mean indicia, we are only allowed to debate what you personally deem worthy of debate. Let me guess without looking... You are divorced and your first marriage lasted less than five years. Close?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2018 10:31:49 AM

Still this f-in age old waste of brain power fricking dumb stupid ass argument...

Now that's funny right there.
 ghostata
Msg: 231
Posted: 4/25/2018 11:34:37 AM
^^^ yep, a debate about the existence of God is a "waste of brain power fricking dumb stupid ass argument" . .as if there is anything you debate that is of any more significance. Maybe you can be one of the millions who talk about how great Trump is or is not. . . . fuking aholes,
 reason782
Msg: 232
Posted: 4/25/2018 1:29:23 PM

i believe people are computer programs

sent from the future to try and stop john conor.... hows da movie go again?
 Inicia
Msg: 233
Posted: 4/26/2018 9:30:37 AM
For those(one) who fails to understand here you are
www.dictionary.com/browse/moot
 ghostata
Msg: 234
Posted: 4/27/2018 6:54:55 AM
^^^The only thing moot applies to is your worthless opinions on the issue.
 Inicia
Msg: 235
Posted: 4/27/2018 8:04:37 PM
Roflmao... got ghosta's goat-you want it back i am slaughtering it for my daughter's QuinceaƱera your welcome to enjoy the feast of your goat.. thanks
 ghostata
Msg: 236
Posted: 4/28/2018 5:30:50 AM
^^^^ You give yourself far more credit than you deserve. Sad.
 ghostata
Msg: 237
Posted: 5/5/2018 1:10:52 PM
Reason went the way of Funchesf? Very sad.

Hey fun if you are out there...still ROFLMAO
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 12:26:32 AM
Evolution was a theory developed in the late 18th and early 19th century. One can discuss numerous "proofs" given to substantiate the claims of evolution. The one question that science cannot answer is "What laboratory has generated life from non-life"? This is the foundation on which all "evolution" rests upon.

I was just watching a Nova documentary on our local PBS channel on genetic manipulation. Of all the hope they talked about an MIT professor (with a PHd ) made the final comment:

"We cannot create life from non-living matter"!

With all the intelligence this world has in trying to create life they admit it's impossible. They can create chemicals that exist when life does exit but not life itself. Please explain how "unintelligent matter created life"? The response of "it just did" is not a scientific response. Of course, two responses are offered:

1. Bacteria came on asteroids.
Problem: Asteroids are either burned up in the atmosphere or a massive explosion ensues when it hits the earth (generating massive heat) Both destroy any kind of life.

2. Aliens. Even if we give credence to this concept how did their life forms develop? Evolution tells us that billions of years ago the Big Bang threw out all of the existing universe. When an explosion takes place massive amounts of energy is released. Massive amounts of energy results in massive heat. Again, any living organisms would be incinerated in the Big Bang.

Many of the foundational supports of evolution can be easily knocked out from under it. But this one monumental question of the origins of life coming from non-life has to be answered before any of this theory can be considered real science.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 12:27:44 AM
Evolution was a theory developed in the late 18th and early 19th century. One can discuss numerous "proofs" given to substantiate the claims of evolution. The one question that science cannot answer is "What laboratory has generated life from non-life"? This is the foundation on which all "evolution" rests upon.

I was just watching a Nova documentary on our local PBS channel on genetic manipulation. Of all the hope they talked about an MIT professor (with a PHd ) made the final comment:

"We cannot create life from non-living matter"!

With all the intelligence this world has in trying to create life they admit it's impossible. They can create chemicals that exist when life does exist but not life itself. Please explain how "unintelligent matter created life"? The response of "it just did" is not a scientific response. Of course, two responses are offered:

1. Bacteria came on asteroids.
Problem: Asteroids are either burned up in the atmosphere or a massive explosion ensues when it hits the earth (generating massive heat) Both destroy any kind of life.

2. Aliens. Even if we give credence to this concept how did their life forms develop? Evolution tells us that billions of years ago the Big Bang threw out all of the existing universe. When an explosion takes place massive amounts of energy is released. Massive amounts of energy results in massive heat. Again, any living organisms would be incinerated in the Big Bang.

Many of the foundational supports of evolution can be easily knocked out from under it. But this one monumental question of the origins of life coming from non-life has to be answered before any of this theory can be considered real science.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 3:36:28 AM
Dave of Indiana, you should educate yourself a little more on what Evolution is. Your ideas about it are outdated. And don't rely so much on what you see in a t.v. show or simpleton interpretations of what you hear on that show.

Really. Opinions like this which keep popping up are like people stuck in an Alchemy understanding and criticizing Chemistry, talking about lead-into-gold and earth air fire water and phlogiston theory.
 Inicia
Msg: 241
Posted: 5/24/2018 1:11:49 PM
existence is fluid as is energy-most basic theories both creation and evolution get really hung up and run into problems when pinning a start time(our linear binary logic) somewhere in that fluid cycle-where is the beginning of a circle the end???Infinite Pie anyone- we can all share-plenty to go around...no matter how you slice it
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2018 3:25:50 PM

Dave of Indiana, you should educate yourself a little more on what Evolution is. Your ideas about it are outdated. And don't rely so much on what you see in a t.v. show or simpleton interpretations of what you hear on that show.

Really. Opinions like this which keep popping up are like people stuck in an Alchemy understanding and criticizing Chemistry, talking about lead-into-gold and earth air fire water and phlogiston theory.

The word evolution has many meanings, only one is provable science:

1. Cosmic evolution- big band theory
2. Chemical evolution- the origin of higher elements from hydrogen
3. Stellar and planetary evolution
4. Organic evolution.Origin of life
5. Macro-evolution. Changes from one kind into another
6. Micro-evolution. Variations within kinds

The only form of evolution that has been observed and reproducible is number 6. Variations within a specie.

So the scientists in the public broadcasting documentaries are illiterate? At the beginning of the program their name, what science they have a PHd in and the university they teach and do research in should be assumed inaccurate?

Interesting that instead of answering evidence being presented the response is to attack the individual. I use to sit in company business meetings and when someone's argument was shown invalid they relied on a quick whit and a sharp tongue to silence their opponent. True science does not change with time. Speculation and weakly based theory's do. Science is not a guessing game but facts proven in a laboratory and reproducible but peer colleagues. Numbers 1 through 5 have never been found or proven under laboratory conditions.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2018 8:19:54 PM
Dave of Indiana, you still should educate yourself a little more on what Evolution is. And of what science is.
 gingerosity
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2018 12:59:59 AM
Indiana Dave... you're wrong in just about every way possible. You are confused about what the theory of evolution is, what a scientific theory is, what science is, what knowledge is, what proof is, and what all of these things aren't. The confidence imbued in your assertions indicates trying to help you is likely to be a waste of our precious time. The only sensible course is to suggest you help yourself, wish you bon voyage and pat ourselves down to make sure we still have all of our valuables.
 ghostata
Msg: 245
Posted: 5/28/2018 11:24:07 AM

Indiana Dave... you're wrong in just about every way possible.

^^^^ Laughable... the guy gives a valid opinion, at the least as accurate as those who commented....but they comment again...proclaiming he is wrong...they are right...end of story.

The ignorance of the supposedly enlightened is always constantly entertaining to me.

Frank was always the worst here...but you guys are not far behind.
 Inicia
Msg: 246
Posted: 5/29/2018 8:01:53 PM
all opinions are valid- roll your self in opinions- that is your projection- any and all entitled to do so- but all others outside of opinion projection can determine for self- at times self invalidates any all opinions to follow heart can be done and stated or held- to state it: fine self choice-stating opinions: freedom of speech, but opposition to your projections of self opinion as your "fact truth" is not self: therefore, the projected "self opinion" contain mind/ego and viscerality to replace fear of others projections (protection of mind) not self! None need defense we speak differences come and go self remains...
 WakemanR
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2018 1:21:54 AM

The word evolution has many meanings, only one is provable science:

1. Cosmic evolution- big band theory
2. Chemical evolution- the origin of higher elements from hydrogen
3. Stellar and planetary evolution
4. Organic evolution.Origin of life
5. Macro-evolution. Changes from one kind into another
6. Micro-evolution. Variations within kinds

The only form of evolution that has been observed and reproducible is number 6. Variations within a specie.

So the scientists in the public broadcasting documentaries are illiterate? At the beginning of the program their name, what science they have a PHd in and the university they teach and do research in should be assumed inaccurate?

Interesting that instead of answering evidence being presented the response is to attack the individual. I use to sit in company business meetings and when someone's argument was shown invalid they relied on a quick whit and a sharp tongue to silence their opponent. True science does not change with time. Speculation and weakly based theory's do. Science is not a guessing game but facts proven in a laboratory and reproducible but peer colleagues. Numbers 1 through 5 have never been found or proven under laboratory conditions.

Several things come to mind, Dave.

Firstly - I often see evolution and a religious belief as being held as two distinct and separate belief systems. This isn't the case. There are many Christians who believe in evolution, at least part of it. They're not mutually exclusive.

Secondly - Science is a process that informs us. Finding proofs can take a long time. However, the Scientific process is the only one that will lead us to absolute truth, since it demands concrete proof, has to have predictive qualities, and offers up actual evidence.

As such, there are things we know, and things we don't know. As Donald Rumsfeld once said, there are also things we don't know, that we don't know we don't know.

So, as of today, can science explain how life came from nothing? No. We're not sufficiently advanced or knowledgeable as of yet. Does that discount the theory of evolution? No. Just the same with say, Christianity. In the end you can follow it all the way back, and you're left with the question: Where did God come from? The answer given is usually something along the lines of, "he always was", which actually isn't an answer at all - any more than a "Well, life just happened" is a sufficient answer.

Still, since we can't yet answer with complete conviction, we can at least look at what we do currently know. I'd say evolution is unquestionably correct, but perhaps that's just me.

The only other thing I'd mention is your statement "True science does not change with time." is incorrect. In fact, the point that it CAN change, and WILL change should evidence be presented that contradicts a theory is proven, is the strength of the Scientific method. It is the very reason it holds up so well. Science is forever seeking, and it's silly to imagine we won't learn things in the future that bring our current beliefs into question. To have at least some faith in the scientific method is to accept that change is a constant. As we learn more, we know more.
 ghostata
Msg: 248
Posted: 5/30/2018 3:05:16 PM
^^^ Inicia... I have no idea what you just said. Just sayin.
 ghostata
Msg: 249
Posted: 5/30/2018 3:09:40 PM

Still, since we can't yet answer with complete conviction, we can at least look at what we do currently know. I'd say evolution is unquestionably correct, but perhaps that's just me.

I believe you misinterpreted what Dave said...I don't believe he is denying the fact of evolution, I believe he is saying evolution does not answer some fundamental questions... such how how life began, and it doesn't. Science may or may not be able to answer those questions in the future.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2018 5:30:07 PM

...evolution does not answer some fundamental questions...such as how life began...

That is fucking stupid. Do you know WHY it is stupid? Answer that and you'll be real smart.

Dave of Indiana, here, I'll help you. This is your chance to learn some real stuff about Evolution. It's up to you though. I can lead you to water, but it must be you who chooses to drink. It's right here. Put out the effort, and take the time. You hereby have no excuse to not know anything, because it's right here. At your fingertips.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC9A6E807AD05C906

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7A69E2AFC5365150

I triple-mad-dog-dare-ya. Watch this stuff. Just do it. No jibber jabbering. No crybabying. No talking bullshit. Just watch.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.