Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 301
view profile
History
Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.Page 13 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I was taught by the Catholic Church that god always was and always will be. I prefer to look at the universe like Hawkings. The universe always was and always will be and is a function of physical laws and random chemical reactions. The next best theory I've heard is by Tom Robbins that water created man as a means of transporting itself from one place to another.
I believe man created god as a means of legitimizing men with superior intellect and social power to take advantge of the sheeple.
In a perfect world my god would not let little babies die and Tyrant despots would immediately be struck down and removed from this earth. My god would be perfect in every way. Since this is not how the real world works god is a concept and exists in a concept form only.
Men get carried away with the idea that the universe needs intelligent design because blah, blah, blah. The people who believe this don't take into account the vastness of the time that has past and the astronomical numbers of reactions that occurred during that time to create life.
Life force and DNA may be considered god as well as the univere. Besides under estimating the vastness of time people want claim they have a soul that is so special only man goes to a heaven or after life. The great apes have 98% of our DNA and can be taught language yet according to some religions they don't have a soul and can be eaten as a source of food.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 302
view profile
History
Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.
Posted: 7/26/2018 5:30:09 PM
Hinduism has said that it's a useless question to ask about the beginning of time; That it stretches back and forwards infinitely, that everything just always has been and will always be.

Turns out...thinking that this is either what scientists have been saying or hinting at, or don't know it yet themselves...in a black hole, eventually, is a whole universe. Inside, there isn't really any singularity but instead space is vast and with no boundary like how we observe it in our universe. Stuff, and space, falls in. And/or time becomes space when crossing the horizon. That's dark energy - the universe's space expanding equally everywhere when the black hole is feeding in this respect. And that's why the quantum foam of particles trying to pop into existence everywhere, seemingly from nowhere. Entropy is "rewound" also.

Our universe has a buttload of black holes, and in each of those is a whole universe, bigger on the inside than on the outside; With no boundary from the inside despite a relative and apparent shape and boundary from the outside. And in each of those universes...more black holes, which each have yet another universe. And who knows how far this goes in the other direction - outside of the black hole in which our universe resides.

So...it just keeps going. Time, space, matter/energy evolution from the earlier stages after what we call a big bang, and entropy rewinding.

Quite an intriguing thought, I'd say.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2018 4:33:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEaecUuEqfc
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 304
Posted: 8/2/2018 5:07:13 AM
God is good, God is great.!! That's all.
 Kj__521
Msg: 305
Posted: 8/4/2018 9:28:37 PM
Here's a truism....Hawkings...now knows the Truth. He now knows all or nothing.

Whatever that Truth may be...we will All soon know. ;)
 gingerosity
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2018 1:30:40 AM

He now knows all or nothing.

It's worse than that, he's dead Jim.
 tomfiend
Msg: 307
Posted: 8/6/2018 8:15:10 AM

Hawkings...now knows the Truth. He now knows all or nothing.

Yep, and Christopher Hitchens too, I love how the rabid atheists proclaim how there is no God without knowledge of whether he exists or does not exist. We are just here because of the randomness of atoms created in the Solar Winds......sure thing.
 basilisk123
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2018 12:11:25 PM
Wouldn't you first have to define what a god is in order to reason that one exists? In my view, hawkings was an amazing person, and we are lesser for the loss of him. Whether there is a god or not. I think he lived his life as well as he could, and that is all any of us can ever really hope for.
 hotatatat
Msg: 309
Posted: 8/6/2018 1:14:59 PM
^^^^ No you wouldn't because how could anybody possibly define "God". God is whatever he is regardless of whether we define him or not, or alternatively he does not exist.

But look.... the piece of crap atheists on this board will delete this profile for taking a stand in favor of God, just like that crap deleted KJ521. Leftist trash is all they are.... pieces of garbage....and i don' t really care to come on here and try to debate this issue with this scum working in the background...so you will have to believe what you want to believe or think what you want to think. There is no debating such things with the trash working against honest debate? Who are they??? well could Frank . . . could be 47Seagull...she was a rabid atheist...had no problem accusing millions of Jews of mutilating their babies despite what the AMA said about it...could be Jovan who thinks believes are all mentally ill...all of them, could be loser administrators who can't find a real job making more than minimum wage. Who the heck knows for sure.

As bad as the far right...the leftist trash is simply just as bad or in many cases worse...intolerance is their middle name. Sad.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2018 4:28:10 PM
There is a saying in business, if you hire someone and they can't be bothered with the small details you certainly can't trust them with the big ones.
The god represented by the major religions is a very flawed god in the sense that the small details that could easily be corrected by an omnipotent god are not dealt with. The religious god can't be bothered to correct them, yet this god can create a world where a dark patch in the sky can be viewed by the Hubble telescope and be filled with countless galaxies.
My guess is to believe science. If science is wrong a new theory will replace the old one and explain more observable facts. Science doesn't claim to be the only answer just one of the better ones. Religions do not deal with all the holes in their logic, they just keep pounding their head on a stone altar of false logic.
 Inicia
Msg: 311
Posted: 8/8/2018 6:25:16 AM
Why is it so important to drive a wedge between different(institutions/factions/fields) for myself i find no irreconcilable problems between honoring human scientific understanding and honoring my spiritual faith- this continuous devaluing of different fields of study- belief-philosophy- only prevents advancement of civilization and creates division in humanity. Regardless of atheism or deism-agnosticism- etc faith in a god- surely would indicate one believes a scientific human understanding/advancement was supported by the fabulous brain/tools a-deity/ties blessed us with- and surely any scientific brain/logic would not devalue or disregard the very real social/cultural/societal benefits/advancement/tools faith (deism) has offered.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 312
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2018 4:13:03 PM
Dammit Jim, I'm just a country doctor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz2EpgkAz9U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBeBGdVJqZQ
 gingerosity
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2018 12:51:27 AM

surely any scientific brain/logic would not devalue or disregard the very real social/cultural/societal benefits/advancement/tools faith (deism) has offered.

It was worse than dead. His brain is gone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3at_Ev2kOoI
 Inicia
Msg: 314
Posted: 8/9/2018 6:24:12 AM
^^
^^
Funny shit!

dolatar
Msg: 315
Posted: 8/26/2018 4:23:49 AM
Incia they got you too....adminaholes..tholianreprobate.
 dolatar
Msg: 316
Posted: 8/26/2018 4:27:53 AM
Where is funchesf....oh that's right...victimized by those he accused of being victims. Lol....the funchesf babbling doll in stores near you soon.
 dolatar
Msg: 317
Posted: 8/26/2018 4:34:38 AM
Science does not replace God and God does not replace science. God apparently created scientific principals or at least used scientific rules to create the universe. As for the God of the bibles...ancient fables working with what they had available. Its flawed gods do not detract from the possibility of a real god.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2018 9:07:51 AM
Oh...eureka. So that's it. God is that dude...or those dudes and dudettes...in that other universe who made and runs a simulation on some kind of computer.

I wonder what it's like for them, or him or her or it, to sit there and observe their artificial simulations trying to speculate about them and wanting to reach out of the synthetic physics of their reality into the realm of the programmers and say howdy. Let alone speak of them as a moral superior. Must be weird.

When you are playing SimCity or WOW or something like that...if a character on the screen were to start talking autonomously to no one but like they're talking to someone, point out that they are ignoring the aspects of their world but instead that they see the screen itself and how it works which seems to be different than how their simulated world works, and declaring that they're speaking to YOU...that person outside of the monitor screen who resides in different physics and a different world...and they demand that you show yourself or say something: I wonder what that'd be like. And what if that character started calling you 'chicken' and making bock-bock sounds to mock you for not responding.
 dolatar
Msg: 319
Posted: 8/26/2018 10:31:44 AM
^^^^ no one cares whether you believe Drink....but since you don't have a good explanation for anything...no one does. . . other than science didi it...maybe you should. If God created the Universe, he also created the laws of physics or alternatively used the laws of physics to create the Universe....maybe God is a smart Martian...do you know better?
 BeckysNightmare
Msg: 320
Posted: 9/2/2018 8:06:16 AM

^^^^ no one cares whether you believe Drink....but since you don't have a good explanation for anything...no one does. . . other than science didi it...maybe you should.

Ah the goob of the gaps.

Just because someone can not explain something does not mean that some invisible sky daddy did it.

So just an fyi, when you make such stupid claims, people will think you are stupid.

If God created the Universe, he also created the laws of physics or alternatively used the laws of physics to create the Universe....

Just an fyi, laws are not created, they are defined and they have been defined by man and to date it is the best we have to explain how the universe works.

Though considering you are nothing more and a creatard who gets her panties in a bunch when anyone speaks poorly of your invisible friend.

So get those alts going to delete this profile and then start ranting about profiles being deleted, just so you can prove to everyone you are a special kind of stupid.
 POPPAPATAR
Msg: 321
Posted: 9/2/2018 11:04:42 AM
Welcome back Frank.....too bad you are as dumb as ever. Wonder how long you will last this time. Never has there been a poster in the history of POF who knows so little and yet thinks he knows so much. You are the epitome of abject ignorance and stupidity. Bigly sad.
 POPPAPATAR
Msg: 322
Posted: 9/2/2018 11:06:32 AM
Frankie...already gone. So sad.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2018 9:57:28 AM
Who created farts?
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2018 11:07:04 AM
God did... of course.

Isaiah 26:17-18
"We gave birth to wind"

Another favorite...?
Deuteronomy 23:1
" no man whose ball are crushed and penis lopped off shall enter into the assembly of the lord"

Guess that clarifies God's thoughts on transgender too....

Wonder if being a hatefilled forum troll is going to hurt someone's chances at heaven?

Progress is coming. Pedophile priests are almost looked down on by the church, they quit burning "witches", only toss fags from rooftops and stone flirty 14 year-old girls.

Religions are really coming around.
Of course... My religion is the best.
Fuck you guys.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2018 11:07:19 AM
Drinks.... very thought provoking post.

Do you think the troll has power and control issues?
Do you think religion or science is to blame?
Which might help fix her maladaptive mind?

Should she pray or take her meds?
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.