Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 toker232
Msg: 351
Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.Page 15 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
You have chutzpah lurker, taking me on if you truly believe I delete people on a regular basis
..maybe cash or Frank will take you out and you can blame me...feel free :-)
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 352
view profile
History
Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.
Posted: 9/10/2018 11:04:38 AM

This question is important. Here's the answer. A universe with no possibility of harm and suffering, accidental or otherwise would be a closed universe and one that's inconsistent with human freedom. The seeming absence of God actually promotes man's self-empowerment in the same way that a loving parent allows his child to stumble and make mistakes. It's not because that parent doesn't love the child it's because there is simply no other way for the child to grow into their own strength and ultimate independence. A Journey of Souls at Amazon Michael Mckinney

I have something to ponder: We value freedom so much, and use it as a factor in these types of discussions. However, in a world which was perfect...would we even need freedom in the first place?
 _Batmån
Msg: 353
view profile
History
Hawking was wrong about the non-existence of God
Posted: 9/10/2018 5:50:31 PM
The only other times I have seen this was when former moderator miss_allison used her knowledge and former moderator permissions under the handles of mr_yoshi, The_Wizard_of_Oz, EdJacobs and some others I cannot recall. Msg: 335

Your facts are uncoordinated. This sort of thing has cropped up before, and it has always been due to human error.

All profiles created by Allison could be viewed. She had no moderator privileges after she closed the account that had them.
 tester343
Msg: 354
Hawking was wrong about the non-existence of God
Posted: 9/13/2018 6:06:37 PM
How sad can it be when a moderator[s], tholian, Joker, Hal with blue and orange crayons have to post like children on the very forums they have utterly destroyed through the worst moderating in the history of the Internet. You can go after the device identification of my phone, laptops, desktops and and tablets...I've got ten of them in my business and family...but even if you manage to get them all, I'll simply backup my phone and reset to get a new device number. I'll leave when I choose to leave, not when miscreant children tell me to leave very. Capiche? :-)
 val7080
Msg: 355
Posted: 9/13/2018 6:28:06 PM
You are so right. Thing about it. Nothing is something. All one has to do is see the beauty of the universe to know there is a grand design. A God that is good.
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 356
Posted: 9/14/2018 8:52:28 AM
God and a Scientist

The Scientist said to God, God we've decided that we NO Longer need you
We can clone people, we can transplant hearts, and do all kinds of things once considered miraculous.
God said: That's fine but to prove you don't need me, let's have a man making contest, the ONLY requirement is
YOU have to make Man out of dirt.
The Scientist said: GREAT
He quickly reached down to pick up a handful of dirt, then God said , WAIT not so fast,
Go get your OWN dirt.

J Osteen
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 357
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2018 5:31:50 PM
If you could remove God from the equation it would be measurable.
Or just beliefs, remove that and measure again.

Wait... is it my God's or yours?
 talkitup
Msg: 358
Posted: 9/17/2018 1:36:18 PM
^^^^ what exactly is the "equation" if God is removed that makes whatever you say is measurable...measurable? Is this Gobbledygook speak?
 talkitup
Msg: 359
Posted: 9/20/2018 11:39:23 AM
Maybe God resides in the Fourth Dimension...

https://nypost.com/2018/01/10/studies-find-evidence-of-a-fourth-dimension/

still wondering what Hopeless was talking about when he mention measuring an equation without God.......so sad.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 360
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 5:13:58 PM

God and a Scientist

We can clone people, we can transplant hearts, and do all kinds of things once considered miraculous.
God said: That's fine but to prove you don't need me, let's have a man making contest, the ONLY requirement is
He quickly reached down to pick up a handful of dirt, then God said , WAIT not so fast,
Go get your OWN dirt.

Then the scientist said "I am getting my own dirt. You get your own dirt. There's nothing that says this dirt belongs to you, so stop trying to claim it. And don't start acting like a baby either. You made the challenge...which we don't even have to take up in the first place...so don't throw any tantrums when we take you up on it.
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 361
Posted: 9/30/2018 6:30:38 PM
^^
Hmmmm!!
Please come to this side blind man, you'll see the light!!..and D-sign.. "Dirt owner":):)
 basilisk123
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2018 1:49:13 AM
This thread really does unleash the crazy, doesn't it?
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 363
Posted: 10/1/2018 4:38:40 AM
^^
Do you feel better now? If so, Then go out take your dog and sing a song!!
===============

"I have decided to stick with love.
Hate is too great a burden to bear." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

========
Have a happy Monday!!
 aremeself
Msg: 364
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2018 7:12:44 AM
Nothing burped and the cycle started.
Everything fell into place.
When this universe plays out,
Another one will appear.

And if you can make yourself believe that..........
 musicamongtheflowers
Msg: 365
view profile
History
HAWKING was wrong about the non-existence of God.
Posted: 10/15/2018 1:11:58 PM
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see." -Arthur Schopenhauer

Thanks gingerosity. I love that quote.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 366
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2018 9:41:34 PM

Go get your OWN dirt.

J Osteen

First of all a scientist will not waste time talking to himself in the guise of talking to a God who will not answer his questions.
Secondly the dirt belongs to the universe. I don't think there are any papers filed in the courts around the world giving God a legal claim to dirt.
Third, J Osteen likes to take donations to do God's work but had to be shamed into taking hurricane victims into his church to help them. J Osteen is a conman who uses God to create his own personal wealth.
This is the false logic used by the religious who argue for a definition of cosmology
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 367
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2018 8:57:31 PM
^ It's really just a juvenile smart ass obnoxious remark unsuccessfully disguised as a clever joke that's supposed to make a point, but doesn't and isn't. Just like that one with the little girl on an airplane saying to the atheist adult "you don't know shit". There's a lot of them out there. And they all just sound like what an ignorant kid would say who argues with stupid come-backs.
 lnitia
Msg: 368
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2018 8:59:16 AM
what is a cross of rhetorical question and a joke?
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.