Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why would my ex girlfriend agree to coffee and not follow through      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cynderella
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Why would my ex girlfriend agree to coffee and not follow throughPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
100% agree with LIR

I had to giggle at all the "money and Love"
You put into your ex....how do you put a price on Love?
 ThatOneLady01
Msg: 27
Why would my ex girlfriend agree to coffee and not follow through
Posted: 3/26/2018 4:14:16 PM

ryan, Do you understand plain English?

Grow up. You seem like a 12 yr old in middle school.
I can't imagine why on earth ANYONE, would WANT to hang on to someone who obviously does not want you!
It's beyond pathetic. If you spent half the time, you spend on her, taking up space in your head, imagine the things you could accomplish!

If someone doesn't want me, I sure as hell don't want them. NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. After all this time (2 months is not a short amount of time) you should have moved on.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2018 4:33:06 PM

First of all dreaming of being with someone is not persistent because it's a non action and he's not doing anything to make that happen.

I never implied he was Only dreaming. He's been more on her 'tail' than he should have been, these 2 months.

If someone doesn't want me, I sure as hell don't want them. NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said the exact same thing the other day. Then they brought out another gal at the massage parlor. I think that's where the "NEXT!" comes from. ;)
 hemingway234
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2018 5:45:35 PM
Read very carefully:

Your feelings are not her feelings, they are separate.

The reason she does not want to see you is because she does not love you anymore.

I know it's tough right now but in time, you'll get over it and find a new girl.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/27/2018 3:11:52 AM

(Ladyinred0407) ryan, Do you understand plain English?

Grow up. You seem like a 12 yr old in middle school.
I can't imagine why on earth ANYONE, would WANT to hang on to someone who obviously does not want you!
It's beyond pathetic. If you spent half the time, you spend on her, taking up space in your head, imagine the things you could accomplish!

In Opie's defense, it's very easy to argue that objectivity alone should dictate your actions in relationships. It's a whole different ball o' wax when it's happening to you. You think Opie is the first person in the world to be told to "get over her"? (I agree that he should; but, I also realize that he almost surely won't, which is why I believe that he should -- and will -- ride this situation to its ugly and messy end.)

After all, good decisions come from wisdom. Wisdom comes from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions. You are, in effect, robbing him of a valuable life lesson. Big meanie.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2018 7:28:29 AM
LOL, LOL LOL^ ^ ^ ^ ^Says he, who sports the golden blonde mop on his head.

.............. and will -- ride this situation to its ugly and messy end.)

No doubt.

My childhood experiences taught me, to avoid the kids, who avoided me.
 ThatOneLady01
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/27/2018 2:07:20 PM

Or get falling-down drunk. I hear that works....

Lol you aren't going to let this go are you? I got drunk one time, I'm sorry that I wanted to have with someone when my relationship was going to shit.
 dpwesu
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/27/2018 4:02:43 PM
That's what we all know and love about Arlo even though he is wearing a moptop.

^^^^^^^

But that being said.......you won't find a solution to issues in the bottom of a bottle..........and the sooner you find that one out......the better.......

Look at the 60 year old guy who drinks like a fish???? Great example, huh???

Sooner or later.......it WILL catch up with you.........
 Kelley300698
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/22/2018 9:13:15 PM
Girls, whether or not they are an ex, do that. Even is a girl has a boyfriend, she may still be looking for an upgrade. In my opinion, she has either found an upgrade or else she is working on one and believes she can get and upgrade. And, since it's been over two weeks, I believe she has found someone better. If it doesn't work out, she will contact you because she knows she can have you anytime she wants.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2018 3:14:08 AM

. 2 weeks ago I asked her to get coffee to catch up and she said that would be nice and she would let me know when she's free.

This should have been the end of it, right here.

I guess my question is why would she have the never to accept a meetup and just not follow through?

She might have "liked" the idea, but she didn't agree to anything with you. Nothing was set. Nothing was established. And at the point of your post, she had not gotten back to let you know that she was free.

FFS, do you people ever actually listen to people with they speak to you?
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2018 3:16:58 AM

Not gonna lie yes there were unresolved feelings when I asked her. Either way the ball is in her court. She said she'd let me know when she's free and I find it hard to believe that she hasn't had a free hour in 2 weeks.

She might have somebody else.

Move forward.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why would my ex girlfriend agree to coffee and not follow through