Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > do women really want to be seen as sex objects?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 26
do women really want to be seen as sex objects?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
And to answer the question, since I didn't the last time. I don't want to be as a sex object or objectified.

I was talking about this in a fb group, that I tend to get turned off easily when I find that a guy is fixated on sex and doesn't want to get to know me, but I guess that's mainly due to my not being open to short-term situations or wanting casual sex.
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 27
do women really want to be seen as sex objects?
Posted: 3/21/2018 11:40:51 PM
Uh, no. I have more to offer than just being someone's "sex object" or the as a "sexual being". WTF kind of mess is that?
 2ufo
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2018 9:08:00 AM

WTF kind of mess is that?

I think it's a mess of perspective and perception.

I AM a sexual being.

I am ALSO a lot of other things - brilliant in some ways, funny with a 'Far Side' sense of humor, introspective, impatient, sometimes emotionally cruel, self-knowledgeable... and the list goes on.

I have a lot to offer... INCLUDING being someone's sex object.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 29
they might just like to be seen and listened to, period.
Posted: 3/22/2018 9:48:19 AM
Back when I was at university, a few of the 6,000 women there adopted the "pull up your hair, put on a cap, and trudge to class in sweats" look. According to the ones asked, they were no longer in high school and needed to win the daily popularity contest, or worry they would get ridiculed by friends for not being their best. Of course, these ladies didn't dress like this every day--at night at the campus bars, the sexier clothes came out. obviously, their mood and mindset were different for those two occaisions.

I can understand any woman being turned off by a guy just trying to get into her pants--a woman trying to get into my wallet isn't going to impress me, either.
 HanoverFella
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/22/2018 12:13:14 PM
I don’t really think of a woman just in that way, but really, that is all some really bring to the table is their looks and sexual gratification ... as I read profiles of women listing all their past drama, failed relationships, thousands of dollars in school debt they must have, kids in tow..(along with hearing them complain about their ex the whole time). That is why so many post bedroom shots, laid out on their bed with next to nothing on, because that’s their last resort, because their personality, sense of humour, cooking skills, love for travelling, love of family and friends, their many hours at the gym etc. Just hasn’t worked to find them their prince yet.
If old has taught us anything, it’s that humans are visual creatures, and looks matter, and the reason most are still on here searching for mr/mrs right is because they are not a sex object or all the other things I mentioned outweigh their looks, so they get passed over anyway.
So to answer your question OP... yes! I do believe some women want to be seen as sex objects, look through some profiles or rate some pictures and you’ll see.
 south_city
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/22/2018 3:14:54 PM
I think some women might if they are looking for a casual relationship at the time. Although they might use a different term or phrase.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2018 11:06:16 PM

Yes. Someone who is interested in what I have to say and how I feel outside of bed too.

"How do you feel about getting out of bed and getting me a sammich?" - You will be tested, count on it. A guy is going to explore your boundaries. How you respond may determine the theme of a relationship.

Of course, you can have that discussion BEFORE you get into bed, so the sammich is already ordered and delivered.
( What? Why make anything when you can order it from your phone?)
 Nestaron
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/23/2018 12:34:46 PM
When you look at the females most have nothing serious intent anyways. If their not wanting to be addressed as sex objects why are they in bathing suits or on the bed with is that a bra what the heck? No thought to sex whatsoever right like what are we supposed to think intelligent conversation coming? I don't know what other guys get but what exactly does wearing a bathing suit and no reference to swimming at all anywhere in the interests and not even a reference to tans I mean nothing, they might as well throw on a bra and undies and said here I am, but don't think about me in the bed with you I want you to get to know my interests riiiiiigggghhhhttttt!!!!!!!
 feirene
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2018 12:59:51 PM
Some women know that being sexual with gain them interest, doesn't mean they want sex with everyone though. I learned it is best not to be sexual if you don't want men to want sex with you.

Even though my arse is on my page in my pics i don't care coz i am trying to appeal to guys who like to worship arses, it doesn't mean i want every man up my arse or anything but i want the guy who likes me to find my arse particularly attractive. I can choose to ignore what pops up in my inbox if i want and do that. I wrote a profile also so that men who do not read it will be disappointed.
 Belleatrix
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2018 8:53:36 PM
Sure, I'd like to be seen as a sex object.......a sex object that needs regular maintenance, and respect, and be listened to, and be treated well..........ya know, so it can last........like a car. I find that men usually take very good care of their car despite it being a motherf*cking object. Money and time funnels into that s*cker.
 feirene
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2018 12:42:35 PM
If people go on about your looks have they objectified you? My latest inbox reminded me of this. I won't start conversations with anyone who opens with a line about my looks coz it's obvious they like your looks if they approach you and i've stopped several conversations with guys because the conversation just gets stuck on my looks somehow, i think they have no idea what to talk about because i'm not that amazing looking but if someone approaches you to chat they should at least be able to chat properly and i get bored.
 Nestaron
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/24/2018 1:35:49 PM
Well the way I look at it women want emotional intimacy with being that sexual object, as that is what they give to men the whole package but to say you don't want to be is like saying sign you up for permanent friendzone with every man. You have to be his sexual desire to actually have a relationship, the topic is contradiction to a relationship. It should say do women "only" want to be seen as sex objects then my answer changes to no!!!
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/24/2018 3:31:15 PM
" I find that men usually take very good care of their car despite it being a motherf*cking object. Money and time funnels into that s*cker."

>>>b/c we can take that car to a show, make other men jealous, and few will try to steal a car away from us :)
 Nestaron
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/24/2018 9:03:09 PM

If people go on about your looks have they objectified you?

Yes otherwise they wouldn't approach you, people don't approach someone without sex appeal therefore they objectified you to approach you it's the stepping stone it needs to happen. No sexual attraction, no action it's that simple, I hated women not wanting me for me, but my sexual appeal and even stated it when I first came here it had been upsetting to me women wouldn't take the time to get to know me before wanting that stuff. But people here helped me look at it a new way as I am not sexual first but you need the sexual to get the rest of package which kinda sucks but that is life.

I am not saying drop your drawers I am saying allow them to look at you like you are sexual and have fun with it tease them with it entice them make your sexual self worth the effort that is all.
 feirene
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 12:29:25 AM

Yes otherwise they wouldn't approach you, people don't approach someone without sex appeal therefore they objectified you to approach you it's the stepping stone it needs to happen. No sexual attraction, no action it's that simple, I hated women not wanting me for me, but my sexual appeal and even stated it when I first came here it had been upsetting to me women wouldn't take the time to get to know me before wanting that stuff. But people here helped me look at it a new way as I am not sexual first but you need the sexual to get the rest of package which kinda sucks but that is life.

I am not saying drop your drawers I am saying allow them to look at you like you are sexual and have fun with it tease them with it entice them make your sexual self worth the effort that is all.

I'm not looking for action anyway don't need to be on any site for that. I suppose online people have to objectify you coz they don't know you. I don't mind it but it's boring if that's all they go on about.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/25/2018 2:11:40 AM
The car analogy is pants.
Lots of guys have rentals now, often makes financially more sense.
And most guys I know who ‘love’ their car only take good care of it for selling purposes later on.....when they get an upgrade :)
Out of all my friends (male and female) I’m the only one I know who had kept a car anywhere near 13yrs.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/26/2018 3:36:49 PM
Don’t expect a lot of empathy from men on this topic because I think most men would love it if women saw them as sex objects. Sex is the most important part of a romantic relationship because that’s what differentiates it from a purely platonic relationship. No sex = just friends.
 Canelas19
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2018 3:42:59 PM
I totally agree.

Don’t expect a lot of empathy from men on this topic because I think most men would love it if women saw them as sex objects. Sex is the most important part of a romantic relationship because that’s what differentiates it from a purely platonic relationship. No sex = just friends.
 Belleatrix
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2018 7:31:45 PM

>>>b/c we can take that car to a show, make other men jealous, and few will try to steal a car away from us :)

Some don't make it to a show though and you would think they rather skip their housing payment in order to give the car whatever it needs. I've seen it happen.

The car analogy is pants.
Lots of guys have rentals now, often makes financially more sense.

A few corrections there; lots of guys ARE rentals, often makes emotionally and financially more sense.

And most guys I know who ‘love’ their car only take good care of it for selling purposes later on.....when they get an upgrade :)

Most guys I know take care of the car because they see it as an extension of themselves, having meaning and all that good stuff.

Out of all my friends (male and female) I’m the only one I know who had kept a car anywhere near 13yrs.

With proper maintenance and having an overall plan idea on what it takes to keep it running as if new, will make anything last long. It's like everything, whatever you did to get it, do it to keep it.
 KPOL52
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/4/2018 8:13:19 PM
Most women want to be seen as attractive regardless of their size which for most women IS under their control. The same applies to men. NO one was born 50 or 100 or 200 pounds of more overweight. And I have nothing against larger or "skinnier" people. Obviously many men or women prefer their mate that way.

Some women have no issues whatsoever in using some amount of wiggle and jiggle ANYTIME it might offer them an advntage. They have their own ideas about dress to impress. If a woman can pull it off or find a man who does most of his thinking with his little head, more power to her.

Sadly, it seems so many ladies think simply "dressing" scantily or provocatively makes them sexy.

Not much good ??? without attitude and confidence in my mind.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/5/2018 4:24:40 PM
Do women really want to be seen as sex objects?
Do men really want to be seen as walking ATM machines?
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/5/2018 5:55:00 PM
"Some don't make it to a show though and you would think they rather skip their housing payment in order to give the car whatever it needs. I've seen it happen."

>>I can accept that, some of the residents of cities around where I live, dump a lot into their car b/c they rent living space, so there's no roof to invest in, no ability to get the landlord to let them put on a porch, etc. but they can take their car and their entertainment center along with them to wherever they move. And of course, a car is like clothes--it follows you where you go, but only people who come to your house can check out your marble countertops.

Personally, I find a hot rod semi-substitutes for the fun I miss in not having dates. That and comfort food :)

"With proper maintenance and having an overall plan idea on what it takes to keep it running as if new, will make anything last long. It's like everything, whatever you did to get it, do it to keep it."

>>>we all love to believe "they don't make 'em like they used to", but we forget odometers didn't go past 99,999 miles and that every gas station had a garage attached rather than a convenience store, b/c repairs occurred so often. Blame the poor quality of motor oil back then and few overdrive transmissions.

"do men want to be seen as walking wallets?"

>>>only if it really gets them laid :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > do women really want to be seen as sex objects?