Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black Men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zsuzsa62
Msg: 226
Ruff, ruff, ruffPage 10 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
"However I prefer to be clear from the beginning. For example, movies are rated, to eliminate people from specific ages from entering the theater and watching.
Grocery stories, each good or merchandise should have its shown price, to eliminate the questions about the prices. It does not matter what customers may think, either this price is too high or low, every product should be labeled.
The clearer you are, the better result you may to get reach your goal. Do not you think?"

Although in a sense you are advertising yourself in a profile, people aren't as uncomplicated as a product on a shelf. If I choose the available setting of non-religious, I think a sensible person, who practises any specific religion, would find that enough information to realize we wouldn't be a good fit. Bringing it up again in the body of my profile would seem redundant to me. It sends a vibe that doesn't fit with what I'm trying to attract. I feel it make things less clear and opens the door to misinterpretation because people, being people, have their own judgements, filters etc.

I have never once been contacted by a practising, religious person and so I think choosing the "non-religious" option has made things very clear in this area. On the very odd chance a religious person might contact me anyway, I could quickly explain my perspective and wouldn't mind. It's just part of on-line dating... not really that big of an inconvenience for either party.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 227
Ruff, ruff, ruff
Posted: 4/6/2018 3:14:44 AM

(NY58) Arlo, I think he's saying that only women are dogs that bark. You may have to tweet like a bird🐣 or meow🐱

What is the vocalization of a Three-Toed Sloth?
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 228
Ruff, ruff, ruff
Posted: 4/6/2018 5:03:42 AM

(zsuzsa62) Although in a sense you are advertising yourself in a profile, people aren't as uncomplicated as a product on a shelf. If I choose the available setting of non-religious, I think a sensible person, who practises any specific religion, would find that enough information to realize we wouldn't be a good fit. Bringing it up again in the body of my profile would seem redundant to me. It sends a vibe that doesn't fit with what I'm trying to attract. I feel it make things less clear and opens the door to misinterpretation because people, being people, have their own judgements, filters etc.

I have never once been contacted by a practising, religious person and so I think choosing the "non-religious" option has made things very clear in this area. On the very odd chance a religious person might contact me anyway, I could quickly explain my perspective and wouldn't mind. It's just part of on-line dating... not really that big of an inconvenience for either party.

Did you know that a sloth's metabolism is so slow that it only Drops a Deuce once every three weeks? Fascinating!
 Guerrero
Msg: 229
Ruff, ruff, ruff
Posted: 4/6/2018 5:12:46 AM
I have never imagined loneliness could lead a human being in his 60s to be a dog with 2-4 years kid IQ. I wonder if someone with this poor mental incapacity, how did he raise his kids? Poor kids.

Another stalker, tries to grab my attention by all means. Once, by speaking nicely, another time being mean, she even posted in Arabic to grab my attention. Here is a clear statement for everyone, even if she converted to Islam, I am not interested. The reason is Humans cannot marry dogs.

Any woman with a little bit of IQ, will never try to contact a man told her that, or post in this thread again, except a psycho stalker woman that is extremely mentally ill.
 Guerrero
Msg: 230
I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black Men
Posted: 4/6/2018 5:28:26 AM
julystorm7

"However I prefer to be clear from the beginning. For example, movies are rated, to eliminate people from specific ages from entering the theater and watching.
Grocery stories, each good or merchandise should have its shown price, to eliminate the questions about the prices. It does not matter what customers may think, either this price is too high or low, every product should be labeled.
The clearer you are, the better result you may to get reach your goal. Do not you think?"

Although in a sense you are advertising yourself in a profile, people aren't as uncomplicated as a product on a shelf. If I choose the available setting of non-religious, I think a sensible person, who practises any specific religion, would find that enough information to realize we wouldn't be a good fit. Bringing it up again in the body of my profile would seem redundant to me. It sends a vibe that doesn't fit with what I'm trying to attract. I feel it make things less clear and opens the door to misinterpretation because people, being people, have their own judgements, filters etc.

Making everyone happy is a wish, cannot occur realistically. Therefore, we have to do the correct thing no matter what.

Being non-religious doesn't implying you cannot date religious men. You can be non-smoker, and date smoker men. A nice simple sentence in the profile will mean a lot. However, if a man is too dump to get it, you must block him immediately if he contacts you. For example, I get along well better with non-religious white men. What do you think?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Ruff, ruff, ruff
Posted: 4/6/2018 7:32:58 AM

Did you know that a sloth's metabolism is so slow that it only Drops a Deuce once every three weeks? Fascinating!

OMG...I LOVE Sloths!

They're excellent swimmers, they only take 5 seconds to have sex,
and they only poop once a week. Pooping is when most of them meet
their death, however. Because they come down from their tree and
always poop in the same place..opens them up to predators.

They look like they're always smiling and they turn green because of
algae. What's not to like about a sloth?
 zsuzsa62
Msg: 232
Posted: 4/6/2018 7:45:54 AM
"Making everyone happy is a wish, cannot occur realistically. Therefore, we have to do the correct thing no matter what.

Being non-religious doesn't implying you cannot date religious men. You can be non-smoker, and date smoker men. A nice simple sentence in the profile will mean a lot. However, if a man is too dump to get it, you must block him immediately if he contacts you. For example, I get along well better with non-religious white men. What do you think?"

A nice simple sentence could also mean a lot of the wrong things as well, depending on how it's interpreted.
I think the sample you gave wouldn't be true to me. " I get along well better with non-religious white men"... this also states I'd get along better with white men, which isn't true in my case as I would date interracially. While I don't wish to make a life with a practising religious person, I do get along with religious people and so again, this isn't clear and can be misinterpreted. Simply stating non-religious hasn't even once created any confusion. More importantly to me, than that possibly slight risk of a contact from a religious person, is to not present myself in way that isn't comfortable for me.

I know some reactions to a rejection can be strong, but I'm ok dealing with that. I've never felt the need to block anyone. As you said, you can't keep everyone happy...but the "correct" or right thing is to have a profile that I feel fits me best. My profile is honest and I feel actually much clearer this way, as no unnecessary confusion can be created.
 Guerrero
Msg: 233
Posted: 4/6/2018 8:06:21 AM
zsuzsa62

"Making everyone happy is a wish, cannot occur realistically. Therefore, we have to do the correct thing no matter what.

Being non-religious doesn't implying you cannot date religious men. You can be non-smoker, and date smoker men. A nice simple sentence in the profile will mean a lot. However, if a man is too dump to get it, you must block him immediately if he contacts you. For example, I get along well better with non-religious white men. What do you think?"

A nice simple sentence could also mean a lot of the wrong things as well, depending on how it's interpreted.
I think the sample you gave wouldn't be true to me. " I get along well better with non-religious white men"... this also states I'd get along better with white men, which isn't true in my case as I would date interracially. While I don't wish to make a life with a practising religious person, I do get along with religious people and so again, this isn't clear and can be misinterpreted. Simply stating non-religious hasn't even once created any confusion. More importantly to me, than that possibly slight risk of a contact from a religious person, is to not present myself in way that isn't comfortable for me.

I know some reactions to a rejection can be strong, but I'm ok dealing with that. I've never felt the need to block anyone. As you said, you can't keep everyone happy...but the "correct" or right thing is to have a profile that I feel fits me best. My profile is honest and I feel actually much clearer this way, as no unnecessary confusion can be created.

I respect your opinion. However, being a clear honest person, avoid the risk.

FYI, some Muslims are non-religious, some Christians are agnostics, and some Jews are atheists. Thus, having a religion in your profile, does not mean you practice.

I gave you a metaphor example, in which you can rephrase it, by any way that makes sense for you.
Frankly, some women state they prefer men between certain ages, and that is nice of them. Really, I am not sure how a sentence like, " I prefer dating non-religious men" could be misinterpreted as discrimination, or gotten bad reactions.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2018 10:14:50 AM
awww...bummers.
Is Guerrero gone?
 2ufo
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2018 12:03:56 PM
^^^
I guess us lionesses scared away the dog.

Or maybe he's going to try to sue POF for letting too many blocks delete him. Will he cry 'religious discrimination', I wonder?

For what it's worth, this lioness didn't bother to block him.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2018 12:21:43 PM
Damn it, he is gone! That lion sure went out with a wimper. Does this mean I don't get to hear the vocalizing stylings of the sloth?

U2fo , speaking of wildlife, it's entirely possible he's been a busy beaver, harassing women he's been messaging. He was a pretty angry dude.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2018 2:24:39 PM
Twelve years later and finally................ POOF! I can't imagine why a person would stick around on an OLD site, for 12 years, 12 whole years!!!!! for someone who did not use online dating! Right? Did I misunderstand what the OP wrote? ...........

"However, if a man is too dump to get it, you must block him immediately if he contacts you.............

"Where does the Lone Ranger take his trash?" "To the dump, to the dump, to the dump dump dump."

Take out the GARBAGGGGE !!
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 238
Ruff, ruff, ruff
Posted: 4/6/2018 4:39:49 PM

(AT) Did you know that a sloth's metabolism is so slow that it only Drops a Deuce once every three weeks? Fascinating!

(browneyesboo) OMG...I LOVE Sloths!

I'm going to "Meet a Sloth", at a local (Ottawa) arena tomorrow. Gonna see if I can stuff one in my jacket and smuggle him out...

(browneyesboo) They're excellent swimmers, they only take 5 seconds to have sex,
and they only poop once a week. Pooping is when most of them meet
their death, however. Because they come down from their tree and
always poop in the same place..opens them up to predators.

They look like they're always smiling and they turn green because of
algae. What's not to like about a sloth?

Well, they don't fart -- the gases from their digestion are absorbed into their blood, and expelled via their lungs. So, they have Perma-Halitosis.

Too bad they don't fart. I imagine a sloth fart would be a long, drawn-out, mellow affair.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 239
Dogs are not of low honor
Posted: 4/7/2018 3:38:55 AM

(overunity) Here we have a Muslim OP calling non Muslims "dogs".

The same Muslims that are taught to lie by the Quran, etc.
Their lying is called "Taqiyya" and easily found by searching that word or "Muslim lying".

From the internet:

"Muslims lie when it is in their interest to do so and “Allah” will not hold them accountable for lying when it is beneficial to the cause of Islam. They can lie without any guilt or fear of accountability or retribution. A lie in the defense of Islam is approved even applauded in their “holy” books."

I may be reading you wrong, but it sounds like you're saying that lying for the religion is a uniquely muslim phenomenon?
 2ufo
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2018 11:14:29 AM
I think Islam is the only religion that explicitly permits lying.
Only so long as it's for the benefit of the religion.

I supposed, in other religions, you have to look harder for justification.
 south_city
Msg: 241
Posted: 4/7/2018 2:36:44 PM

Is Guerrero gone?

He's not the only one. I noticed several posters including Pig, Nestaron, and Halcyon have disappeared in the past week or so.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 242
More Sloth stuff!
Posted: 4/7/2018 2:55:20 PM
* They only poop every 10-21 days, resulting in a spectacularly huge brick. In fact, a sloth can lose up to 1/3 of its body weight from a good dump.
* Sloths are so sluggish because only ~25% of their body mass (presumably, pre-poop) is muscle; most mammals are ~50%.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 243
view profile
History
More Sloth stuff!
Posted: 4/9/2018 6:56:54 AM
Did you smuggle a sloth out?
We don't have many meet a sloths around here.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 244
"Lying for the Lord!"
Posted: 4/10/2018 4:54:08 AM

(2ufo) I think Islam is the only religion that explicitly permits lying.

(*shrug*) So, how is not being upfront about lying (which is what you seem to be implying that non-muslims do) any less objectionable?

Lying is lying. It's not graded on a curve.

(2ufo) Only so long as it's for the benefit of the religion.

Which is an incredibly subjective thing to say; let alone, a concept to embrace.

(2ufo) I supposed, in other religions, you have to look harder for justification.

No, you don't. You just need to get rid of a christain-centric worldview, and realize that "lying for the Lord" is a trait common to *ALL* Abrahamic religions.
 2ufo
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Lying for the Lord!
Posted: 4/10/2018 9:51:27 AM
Arlo,
Be careful. I think you're agreeing with me...
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 246
Lying for the Lord!
Posted: 4/10/2018 2:26:32 PM

(2ufo) Arlo,
Be careful. I think you're agreeing with me...

Everyone wants the glory of being told that I agree with them; however, you only get that warm-n-fuzzy feeling of having Uncle Arlo agree with you, thus confirming that you are, indeed, right, if/when you actually *ARE* right.

As I can't figure out what you're actually saying, 2flyingsaucer, I have to withhold your gold star.
 2ufo
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Lying for the Lord!
Posted: 4/11/2018 7:53:16 AM
^^^
I'll try to obfuscate less.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 248
Posted: 4/14/2018 8:51:48 AM
I understand preferences and to circumvent those that don't fit a certain criteria as long as it's stated in a respectful way. People are entitled to their preferences and it can save those from wasting any energy.

I don't like thugs, guys that sag, braids, gold teeth and those that fit that whole category, so when I started getting some messages from those that looked that part - I opted to preface it. Some took offense, but they typically were the ones that I was speaking to that I did NOT want to hear from.

OLD entails being specific about what you like, want and even asking initial questions that will help one assess if they fit your criteria - some don't, some do, but compatibility is important.
 Belleatrix
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2018 9:34:49 AM
A good way of explaining what the exclusionary criteria is, is to state what it is one is looking for, in enough detail that such because the exclusionary criteria but in a positive manner.

Now, when pressed for space (like tinder/bumble/etc), then you have a choice to either communicate or not. I have for example, and arrow pointing to the left for dildo auditions (aka hookups), fetishes, Trump supporters, pen pals
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Lying for the Lord!
Posted: 4/14/2018 10:49:26 AM
when did Arlo get deleted? Pig, Guerrero, halcyon...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black Men