Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black Men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 south_city
Msg: 26
I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black MenPage 2 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

I actually think a box with that exact question you suggested would be beneficial:

Will you date someone outside your religion or culture?

I think it would save both parties a lot of time or effort.

Match has a section where users can select the traits that they are interested in. That includes race and religion. Match also has a mutual search feature that can filter out many of the people that wouldn't be interested because you don't match the traits listed in their profile.

That being said there were instances when I got an email or wink from women. Despite that I clearly didn't match the traits they were seeking that were listed on their profile.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 27
view profile
History
I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black Men
Posted: 3/24/2018 9:54:52 AM

I think you are not following what this topic mainly about. It is not a religious discussion. Please if you want to talk about Islam and treatment of woman, open another topic in a religion POF forum, and I will reply you back there.

The topic was about your desire for women to be clear about which races or religions they will not date. You also raised the secondary topic of their perception being wrong.

These types of articles in the paper you provided a link to contribute to that perception.

I respect your idea about dating. However, I wish if you widen the scope of your reading. I will appreciate if you can show us a link for the U.N. Report. On the contrary, according the U.N. Study stated, the Egyptian women number one in beating husbands.

You bring up a very interesting point. I see the same sort of thing in Thailand. Thailand leads the world in penile reattachment surgery as angry wives cut off their husband’s penis. Women are also often subjugated.

So perhaps in these cultures where women are dominated by men, the reaction of some women is over the top anger expressed as violence?

What do you think is the reason for the violence by women in Egypt and Thailand, and are you comfortable, feel safe when dating an Egyptian woman?
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/24/2018 9:59:38 AM

(_Rise_Above_This_) Taking into consideration how many complaints there are about not even receiving a response after sending a message why do people feel the need, both men and women do it, basically stating "I don't date people of another race." Why don't they just ignore the message.

Word.

When I get a "not interested" reply (I know, hard to believe, but there actually are women foolish enough not to be totally smitten with me... ), I thank 'em for the reply, and we both go (happily) our separate ways -- she happy for not knowing what she's missing, and me for not having been a Whiny Douche.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2018 10:20:21 AM
Dragon, there seems to be a lot of jockeying around of sexuality in Thailand with men cutting off their own penises with the reassignment surgery. Then there are those that change their mind and want to reverse it. Lots of trannies and ladyboys there. Sounds like a sexually confused society.
 sundress1
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/24/2018 11:00:09 AM

I also wish if women do not give responses like, "I do not date Muslims or Jews,..etc."

That reminds of me of something a man had told me. He had emailed a woman on some internet dating website (not sure which one) and her response was "I don't date outside of my race". About 3-4 months later, he changed his profile and added different pictures. He got an email from the same woman saying she was interested in him. Go figure. Apparently there are people that will toss aside their requirements if the other person is hot enough. LOL.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2018 11:48:30 AM

there are people that will toss aside their requirements if the other person is hot enough.

MEDIOCRITY RULES !

"They will never forget you 'til somebody new comes along"

-"New Kid in Town", The Eagles
 Guerrero
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/24/2018 11:59:34 AM
NewYorker58

Maybe the issue with someone Muslim is because of what's apparent in you. You think women should play by your rules. That's not the American way. Is there something wrong with hitting up Muslim women? Are you turned off by women of your own culture? If you can be picky, understand so can women, and they don't have to explain themselves.

It looks like your came to watch the movie from the middle. Please try reread all the posts from the beginning. You are missing the whole point and wanted to start a religious discussion. This topic is not about that. However, to refresh your scope of reading, please have a look over these statistics from the website of the National Domestic Violence Online

- On average, 24 people per minute are victims of rape, physical violence or stalking by an intimate partner in the United States — more than 12 million women and men over the course of a year.

- Nearly 3 in 10 women (29%) and 1 in 10 men (10%) in the US have experienced rape, physical violence and/or stalking by a partner and report a related impact on their functioning.

- Nearly, 15% of women (14.8%) and 4% of men have been injured as a result of IPV that included rape, physical violence and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime.

- 1 in 4 women (24.3%) and 1 in 7 men (13.8%) aged 18 and older in the United States have been the victim of severe physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime.

http://www.thehotline.org/resources/statistics/

Muslims percentage in America is between 2-3 percent. Do you think they are responsible for the majority of domestic violence? Have you ever asked yourself how many times Prophet Muhammad- peace and mercy be upon him - beat up his wives? The answer is none in all of his entire life.

All of these domestic violence in America because of Islam?

Woman beaten by husband refused divorce because 'violence isn't a reason', say Israeli judges. Religious leaders described domestic violence as 'non-recurring' despite man being arrested on 3 separate occasions.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/woman-beaten-by-husband-refused-a-divorce-because-violence-isnt-a-reason-to-end-a-relationship-a7572986.html

Does that mean you must not date Jews because they beat up their wives too and their judges see it is not a good cause for divorce, unless he does it for 3 times?

Please if you have a hate towards any religion, try to find a better place to talk about it.

Again, this topic is not about me, or what turns me on or off? I myself date women upon their mentalities, rather than their body sizes or beauty. I do not date women that are similar to beautiful statues; pretty appearances, but no souls or minds.

Finally, advice, do not try to personalize things. If a man rejected you, do not take it as if you or him had a problem, rather than you and him were not compatible.
 Guerrero
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/24/2018 12:11:00 PM
HanoverFella

Well you can do as I do and wait for them to message you first, if they do, then obviously they didn’t mind what they saw...it is strange that they ask if you would date a chubby person/BBW, But not whether you’d date outside your race or religion
Good luck

You are correct, thank you.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2018 12:24:47 PM
I've read thru everything. I don't have a bone to pick with Muslims. I was only speaking to your wanting women to list certain things in their profile. On a side note, but not really, many men get no response or they get turned down, doesn't have anything to do with nationality, race or religion. With that said, take your own advice about rejection. I have no issues with rejection, I don't message men, but what you said is good advice.
 Guerrero
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/24/2018 12:38:48 PM

I've read thru everything. I don't have a bone to pick with Muslims. I was only speaking to your wanting women to list certain things in their profile. On a side note, but not really, many men get no response or they get turned down, doesn't have anything to do with nationality, race or religion. With that said, take your own advice about rejection. I have no issues with rejection, I don't message men, but what you said is good advice.

Are you sure your read all posts or just have a look over them? I did not want anything at all. I said in plain English, I wish, it is a wish. Do you the different between the word "wish" and "want", rather than both words start with the letter "W"?

Second, I did not want a list of any type, but if it was possible women to be clearer about their preference of dating, either inside or outside the scope of their culture.

I did not blame or accuse any woman. My wish for the purpose of saving time for both sides. That is all, and wish good luck for everyone here.

I also hope if POF puts an option about your partner preferences. That is going to help or - at least - reduce the number of messages the men or women get per day.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2018 2:12:47 PM
Wish/want, it's semantics. There's nothing wrong with you looking outside your culture, but if you feel and it's been your experience that non-Muslim women are not into dating Muslims, maybe it's time to put your focus on Muslim women. I don't even think Muslims are on women's radar to think to say anything, because its rare to be contacted by someone Muslim. A woman that says she'll date outside her culture could still have preferences. I could only suggest trying something different, someone mentioned Match, or focus on Muslim women. Something tells me you're not interested in them. Try meeting women IRL where your personality can shine.
 PollyR107
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2018 3:19:15 PM
Some women don't put a lot in their profiles including their preferences because most men don't read the profile and they message any women they fancy regardless. So no point really.

However, I do agree with some of the posters who say that the response of "I don't date....." and the likes are tactless. If I'm not interested, I'll just say, no thank you. There're millions of reasons why some men don't fancy me and vice versa. Nothing wrong with that.

Also please don't see messaging women who aren't interested in you as a waste of time. It's not. For OLD, you'll just have to keep going until you find the right one. This process usually takes quite a bit of time, I'm afraid.

On the topic, me and my BF come from different ethnic backgrounds, I'm Buddhist and he's non religious. We don't have any probs with the differences and they didn't stop us from wanting to date each other until we became an item. Some men didn't want the date me because they thought I was an immigrant who spoke little English and wanted a visa! Lol, I'm British. But hey, I saw them as good riddance, at least I didn't have to date these morons and waste my time.

So don't feel disheartened, focus on who wants to date you, others are just irrelevant.

Good luck.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2018 3:32:33 PM

I think women have the right to date men with backgrounds or religions, where they feel comfortable.

I agree with you OP. Everyone has a right to their own dating preferences.

I just wish if they could be clear about it in their profiles, so we do not bother and waste our time reading their profiles or messaging them

I also agree with other posters who said this could come across as racist or rude. And how much of your time does it REALLY waste?

I am not really mad at their responses or think they are racists at all. In fact, I think their responses are fair enough.

I disagree here. I think it is just plain rude to tell a person that you are rejecting them for such reasons. It's definitely NOT the same thing. But it would be just as rude as telling someone "I won't date you because you are fat, old, ugly," etc.

A simple "Thanks for your interest. I'm flattered. But we are not a fit." ALWAYS works best for me.
 Guerrero
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/24/2018 3:53:11 PM
Newyorker58

Wish/want, it's semantics. There's nothing wrong with you looking outside your culture, but if you feel and it's been your experience that non-Muslim women are not into dating Muslims, maybe it's time to put your focus on Muslim women. I don't even think Muslims are on women's radar to think to say anything, because its rare to be contacted by someone Muslim. A woman that says she'll date outside her culture could still have preferences. I could only suggest trying something different, someone mentioned Match, or focus on Muslim women. Something tells me you're not interested in them. Try meeting women IRL where your personality can shine.

Is English your first language? If so, it is better to study etymology to know the difference between a demand and hope.

Who told you that my experience non-Muslims women were not dating Muslims? If you read my first post carefully you would see that I said" I dated some women on this website." Did I state any word about their religion?" Are you a mind reader?

All your words after that based upon false thoughtful analogy. I date women upon their mentality, rather than their sizes, beauty, background, or color. If they have beautiful minds, then I will be able to reason with them.

I do not date women because they are sexy, hot, blonde. Women for me are brains, not bodies.
 Guerrero
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/24/2018 5:19:18 PM
L_LuuLuu

I just wish if they could be clear about it in their profiles, so we do not bother and waste our time reading their profiles or messaging them
I also agree with other posters who said this could come across as racist or rude. And how much of your time does it REALLY waste?

Well, we do not call a woman racist when she says she cannot marry a sober or vegan men, do we?

I am not really mad at their responses or think they are racists at all. In fact, I think their responses are fair enough.
I disagree here. I think it is just plain rude to tell a person that you are rejecting them for such reasons. It's definitely NOT the same thing. But it would be just as rude as telling someone "I won't date you because you are fat, old, ugly," etc.
A simple "Thanks for your interest. I'm flattered. But we are not a fit." ALWAYS works best for me.

I myself have no single problem if a woman tells me she cannot date me because I am a Muslim or not originally from the States. That is her opinion and should be respected. I have a huge self-confidence that helps me a lot in my life. Some

If the Lord Almighty Himself did not make everyone believes in Him, I'd be insane to think every woman will like me. Does everyone like the honey? Not really, it is a scientific fact.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 10:46:00 AM
the OP posted,,,
-----I also wish if women do not give responses like, "I do not date Muslims or Jews,..etc." I am not sure if this type of responses fulfill a psychological problem inside them. If they do not like the guy, just block him. That will save the time of writing response and get bothered by a response back or another message if you did not reply at all"

-----------------you sure do whine a lot, at this rate ya aint gonna be getting a date any time soon.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 11:10:23 AM
When I was available to date/ looking from an OLD site, my experience taught me, to simply not respond to a message from a man, I would not want to meet. I read over every profile prior to making that decision.
There was no need whatsoever to include, "No (fill in the blank) " in my profile.
I did include, "The man I seek, desires a LTR, he is family oriented, enjoys road trips, and riding a motorcycle".

LOL, If a man questioned me he usually asked if the "motorcycle" part was a deal breaker. .............."Yes"
 Guerrero
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/25/2018 12:13:16 PM
__TEXASCHICK__

the OP posted,,,
-----I also wish if women do not give responses like, "I do not date Muslims or Jews,..etc." I am not sure if this type of responses fulfill a psychological problem inside them. If they do not like the guy, just block him. That will save the time of writing response and get bothered by a response back or another message if you did not reply at all"
-----------------you sure do whine a lot, at this rate ya aint gonna be getting a date any time soon.

It will be nice if you can quoting rather than misquoting. That is how an alibi could be done. You were supposed to get my whole response, to understand it.

Here is it

from site to sight

"I just have a wish for women to simply be clearer in their profiles about what they are looking for"
Instead of saying you wish women's profiles were clearer about they what they want and don't want, why don't you suggest wording that wouldn't make them sound racist, but also lets men know they wouldn't date someone of a certain culture, color, or religious affiliation. Is there a polite to put that without making it sound racist?

Yes, they may say something like. "I prefer white men.", "I prefer conservative christian." Many women and men who prefer to have relationships within their backgrounds, are not racists at all. We do not call women racist, because they do not want to date a vegan or sober man?

It will be nice if POF added a box in every person profile asking if s/he is willing to date someone outside or her/his community or religion, do not you think?

I also wish if women do not give responses like, "I do not date Muslims or Jews,..etc." I am not sure if this type of responses fulfill a psychological problem inside them. If they do not like the guy, just block him. That will save the time of writing response and get bothered by a response back or another message if you did not reply at all.

I was replying to someone, since I felt it might hurt some men, if women were so frank. I myself do not really care. If you have a high self-confidence at yourself you will know what I am talking about. I also believe in women's right for expressing their opinions. If one woman does not like to date a Muslim, there is another woman is willing to.

I really do not care getting a date soon. I am not looking for hunting a date, but the right woman. The right woman where I can spend the rest of my life with.

Whining for weak women only ma`am. Real men, never whine.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 12:15:26 PM
I am America......and you? I can't imagine what you say to women when they turn you down. GOD only knows, but it's got to be really nasty, as that eventually happens with men with your attitude.

P.S. - if you're using a translator to write in English, it isn't a good one.

huna tadhhab al'ahmaq , walakun la taetamid ealaa alhusul ealaa tilk almar'at ealaa alghilaf:

https://www.muslima.com
 Guerrero
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/25/2018 12:32:53 PM
NewYorker58

I am America......and you? I can't imagine what you say to women when they turn you down. GOD only knows, but it's got to be really nasty, as that eventually happens with men with your attitude.
P.S. - if you're using a translator to write in English, it isn't a good one.

I am America. What type of English is that? It should be " I am an American."

Please leave your advice for someone else who can understand the difference between the word "Wish" and the word "Want". You have the right to hallucinate as you want about my response. If you are responding to me to grab my attention, I am not really interested at all.

You also do not understand the difference between personal and general topic. This topic was about a wish if women became clearer in their profiles, to avoid messaging them. However, I guess your lacking of understanding it, imposing some ideas of personalizing.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/25/2018 5:04:18 PM

(Newyorker58) P.S. - if you're using a translator to write in English, it isn't a good one.

NY58 schools OP; but, earlier in the same message in which she throws shade on his English, she writes this:

I am America......

Wow! You're an entire *CONTINENT?!?* How'd you get that, then?

I understand typos... but, if you're gonna give grief to someone, read, re-read, then re-read again, before you post.

Ninny.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 7:18:56 PM
Guerrero, I'm not argumentative, especially on a religious day for me, Palm Sunday. FYI, next week is Easter, not that you care, you just want to fvck non-Muslim women.
 Guerrero
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/25/2018 9:31:49 PM
NewYorker58

Guerrero, I'm not argumentative

I agree. You are not argumentative but manipulative.

FYI, next week is Easter, not that you care.

Should I? Neither Muslims, Jews, Jehovah Witnesses, Hindus, Buddhists,..etc. celebrate it, so what?

you just want to fvck non-Muslim women.

Give yourself a break and stop thinking with your lower body. Women are brains and mentalities.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/26/2018 12:21:29 AM

I just wish if they could be clear about it in their profiles, so we do not bother and waste our time reading their profiles or messaging them.

Am I asking too much out of these women?

Yes, you are asking too much. Are there not certain women that you would be unwilling to date?

For example, would you date women with missing front teeth, severe acne, or who are morbidly obese? If you wouldn't date these women, why are you not clear about this in your profile? Think about it for a minute.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/26/2018 2:47:01 AM

(Newyorker58) Guerrero, I'm not argumentative, especially on a religious day for me, Palm Sunday. FYI, next week is Easter, not that you care, you just want to fvck non-Muslim women.

I am in awe of your classiness -- especially on a "religious day"...
:rolleyes:

(Newyorker58) ... you just want to fvck non-Muslim women.

As opposed to, say, altar boys...

(*sips coffee*)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black Men