Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black Men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 51
I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black MenPage 3 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

especially on a religious day for me, Palm Sunday. FYI, next week is Easter

For me, today is Blasphemy Monday, and I say f*ck them both.
 overunity
Msg: 52
view profile
History
I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black Men
Posted: 3/26/2018 7:28:42 AM
Yes Easter, when a box of chocolate eggs replaces the usual daily box of donuts.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2018 7:37:50 AM

Well, we do not call a woman racist when she says she cannot marry a sober or vegan men, do we?

Guerro.

I'm not sure what you meant by that statement

And

I'm very glad that you are not easily offended.

HOWEVER

Many others ARE going to find these words racist or rude. I don't know which persons would be offended. So, I'm going to stand by my statement:

I also agree with other posters who said this could come across as racist or rude. And how much of your time does it REALLY waste?
 Guerrero
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/26/2018 7:41:31 AM

halcyon_skies
Yes, you are asking too much. Are there not certain women that you would be unwilling to date?
For example, would you date women with missing front teeth, severe acne, or who are morbidly obese? If you wouldn't date these women, why are you not clear about this in your profile? Think about it for a minute.

If someone asked you for a quarter for laundry . do you ask back, if s/he prefers a quarter that was issued in a specific year?

Give me a break. I did not ask for medical lab results, or history of social life, rather than one simple question about if you are open to dating outside or race or not.

If that is too much for you, then okay.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/26/2018 8:18:25 AM

Give me a break. I did not ask for medical lab results, or history of social life, rather than one simple question about if you are open to dating outside or race or not.

If that is too much for you, then okay.

It isn't a simple question---it's a loaded one. It's considered rude, or at the very least, politically incorrect for a person of either sex to put in their profile that they won't date certain races or certain religions. To do so only opens the person up for harassment.

The women who are telling you they won't date Muslims are opening themselves up for being cross-examined. My opinion is that it's better to not respond to messages from people with whom you are not interested. Nobody owes anyone else an explanation for why they're not interested. It doesn't matter what the reason is.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2018 2:58:41 PM
Me earlier:

............my experience taught me, to simply not respond to a message from a man, I would not want to meet. I read over every profile prior to making that decision.
There was no need whatsoever to include, "No (fill in the blank) " in my profile

halcyon skies:

.............it's better to not respond to messages from people with whom you are not interested. Nobody owes anyone else an explanation for why they're not interested. It doesn't matter what the reason is.

Exactly.

We learned to be selective with whom we responded, no need to reply to any message from someone we had no interest in and no need to include, "I won't date, (fill in the blank) in my profile. Listing restrictions in a profile only seems to stir up trouble. Offering a, "No thank you," brings on, the "But why not? Followed by some nasty comments. Keeping things positive, "I desire a man who................." Had a far better result.

The best way to use any OLD site is to send an opening message, and then move on to the next. Perhaps using an OLD site selected specifically for the type of person, religious back ground etc, one seeks is a better option.

I wanted a man with a motorcycle. I used an OLD site for bikers.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/26/2018 3:23:39 PM

(Newyorker58, keeping it classy in obvious deference to her religion's dictates) especially on a religious day for me, Palm Sunday. FYI, next week is Easter

(Wilbur) For me, today is Blasphemy Monday, and I say f*ck them both.

Ah, damn it, you too? Now I have to try and square the fact that you're kind of a knob, with the fact that you're also kind of cool...
 Guerrero
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/26/2018 5:52:07 PM
L_LuuLuu

Well, we do not call a woman racist when she says she cannot marry a sober or vegan men, do we?
Guerro
I'm not sure what you meant by that statement

I meant we do not call a woman racist if she refuses dating a man who does not drink alcohol or eat meat at all. Do we?
 Guerrero
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/26/2018 5:58:32 PM
halcyon_skies

It isn't a simple question---it's a loaded one. It's considered rude, or at the very least, politically incorrect for a person of either sex to put in their profile that they won't date certain races or certain religions. To do so only opens the person up for harassment.

The women who are telling you they won't date Muslims are opening themselves up for being cross-examined. My opinion is that it's better to not respond to messages from people with whom you are not interested. Nobody owes anyone else an explanation for why they're not interested. It doesn't matter what the reason is.

You are making a huge deal from nothing. For example, When Jehovah Witness's woman says politely she does not date outside or her religion, how that could be rude? You have the right for responding the messages in the way that makes your comfortable. However, a polite response or blocking the man, is much better than not responding at all.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/26/2018 6:15:38 PM

(Guerrero) However, a polite response or blocking the man, is much better than not responding at all.

For you. Depends on personal preference. Some people like to peel Band-Aids off slowly, while others prefer one quick clean rip...
 hemingway234
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2018 9:06:39 PM
Why not focus on contacting fellow Muslims first - then religion won't be an issue?

It's better if the women don't put negative things in their profiles (men too) and just "vote" for whom they wish to speak to with their replies.

Other than that, I can only tell you that dating is the search for a needle in a haystack, and 99% of your time is wasted.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2018 10:34:34 PM
Newyorker58
Dragon, there seems to be a lot of jockeying around of sexuality in Thailand with men cutting off their own penises with the reassignment surgery

Do you really believe that?

Because you don't just chop it off

Genital surgery. When changing anatomical sex from male to female, the testicles are removed, and the skin of foreskin and penis is usually inverted, as a flap preserving blood and nerve supplies (a technique pioneered by Sir Harold Gillies in 1951), to form a fully sensitive vagina (vaginoplasty).

Lots of trannies and ladyboys there. Sounds like a sexually confused society.

That's true, but it's only confusing to Westerners. In their POV, the USA seems unusually uptight and rigid about sexuality.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/26/2018 11:12:47 PM

You are making a huge deal from nothing. For example, When Jehovah Witness's woman says politely she does not date outside or her religion, how that could be rude?

I think it's okay to say that you only date people who share your same religion. I also think it's okay to say that you only want to date non-religious people if you're non-religious. What I think is rude is to specifically state in your profile that you don't date Muslim, Jewish, or Black people.

You have the right for responding the messages in the way that makes your comfortable. However, a polite response or blocking the man, is much better than not responding at all.

The way that makes me comfortable is not to respond to people with whom I have no interest. No response is a response. It means the woman is not interested. Also, if a man gets too many blocks, his profile will be deleted by POF administration.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2018 11:42:12 PM
Dragon, no, I didn't mean they do the cutting, just that they want it done, so it's their choice for reassignment☺☺☺☺ Are the women there really cutting off penises?

An issue is confusion among transgender, their own confusion, translates to everyone else's confusion with should they get reassignment, then those that want their penises back. Those are big issues! I think it's the nature of people to want to know who and what someone is in order to feel comfortable. That's why dogs sniff things, to know what something is. We fear what we do not know or understand.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/27/2018 2:40:23 AM

Ah, damn it, you too? Now I have to try and square the fact that you're kind of a knob, with the fact that you're also kind of cool...

It's okay, Arlo. Some are slower than others with picking up on how cool I am, but hey, at least they get there eventually.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/27/2018 2:57:40 AM

(Newyorker58) Dragon, no, I didn't mean they do the cutting, just that they want it done, so it's their choice for reassignment☺☺☺☺ Are the women there really cutting off penises?

An issue is confusion among transgender, their own confusion, translates to everyone else's confusion with should they get reassignment, then those that want their penises back. Those are big issues! I think it's the nature of people to want to know who and what someone is in order to feel comfortable. That's why dogs sniff things, to know what something is.

This whole post is a head-shaker. Just WTF are you trying to say, here?

(Newyorker58) We fear what we do not know or understand.

Irony, thy name is Newyorker58...
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/27/2018 2:59:49 AM

(AT) Ah, damn it, you too? Now I have to try and square the fact that you're kind of a knob, with the fact that you're also kind of cool...

(The knobbishly-kewl Wilbur) It's okay, Arlo. Some are slower than others with picking up on how cool I am, but hey, at least they get there eventually.

Cannot... resist... Wilbur... is... kind... of... cool.
 feirene
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2018 6:31:02 AM
I date outside of my colour but i don't wanna be with anyone religious, that goes for white religious people also. Not sure what race i am, guessing caucasian?
 Guerrero
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/27/2018 12:22:03 PM
halcyon_skies

I think it's okay to say that you only date people who share your same religion. I also think it's okay to say that you only want to date non-religious people if you're non-religious. What I think is rude is to specifically state in your profile that you don't date Muslim, Jewish, or Black people.

You agree with me then, because that is basically what I said.

The way that makes me comfortable is not to respond to people with whom I have no interest. No response is a response. It means the woman is not interested. Also, if a man gets too many blocks, his profile will be deleted by POF administration.

People usually resend their messages, if they do not get responses. They may think the message was squished among another messages. Human beings are not mind readers. However, if you want to stop a man from messaging you again, ask him to stop by blocking or showing no interest.

I wonder if someone disagrees with me about it.
 Guerrero
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/27/2018 12:25:48 PM
feirene

I date outside of my colour but i don't wanna be with anyone religious, that goes for white religious people also. Not sure what race i am, guessing caucasian?

I think that is fair enough.

I myself do not care about the woman's color, race, or background, but the mentality.
 feirene
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2018 2:39:06 PM

I myself do not care about the woman's color, race, or background, but the mentality.

Same. I chat to a lot of guys to get a feel of them, and on a shallow basis i get on with the majority of them and think this is normal. Once you go a bit deeper you might find out things that put you off and there's nothing wrong with that either as you're not actually going to be deeply connected to many people for many reasons.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/27/2018 3:35:11 PM

You agree with me then, because that is basically what I said.

Not exactly. Again, I don't think people should say in their profiles that they won't date people of a certain religion or ethnic group. Therefore, I disagree with this statement from your original post:

I just wish if they could be clear about it in their profiles, so we do not bother and waste our time reading their profiles or messaging them.
 Guerrero
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/27/2018 5:32:10 PM
halcyon_skies

Not exactly. Again, I don't think people should say in their profiles that they won't date people of a certain religion or ethnic group. Therefore, I disagree with this statement from your original post:

Look at my original post then, you will see I said, "I just wish if they could be clear about it in their profiles, so we do not bother and waste our time reading their profiles or messaging them."

Did you really think I meant every woman types down every single religion, race, or background she does not feel comfortable with? Do you know how many religions around the world?

Which is easier for for you, to say that you are vegan, or stating a list of the food you do not eat?
 Guerrero
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/27/2018 5:37:33 PM
feirene

Same. I chat to a lot of guys to get a feel of them, and on a shallow basis i get on with the majority of them and think this is normal. Once you go a bit deeper you might find out things that put you off and there's nothing wrong with that either as you're not actually going to be deeply connected to many people for many reasons.

I agree. However, I hope if there were a lot of wise women like that around.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/27/2018 6:35:26 PM

(Guerrero) People usually resend their messages, if they do not get responses.

What?

I think most people would consider re-sent messages to be annoying and pesky. I know that *I* would never re-send a message.

(Guerrero) They may think the message was squished among another messages.

And, if they're wrong, they'll come across as a pushy Douche-Bag.

The "My way or the highway!" mentality is an absolutely *TERRIBLE* attitude with which to approach dating.

(Guerrero) Human beings are not mind readers.

No, they most certainly are not. However, barring psycho- and sociopaths, most human beings have a well-functioning level of empathy and self-awareness, and enough self-respect not to fall apart because they don't get a response.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black Men