Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black Men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 76
I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black MenPage 4 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

Look at my original post then, you will see I said, "I just wish if they could be clear about it in their profiles, so we do not bother and waste our time reading their profiles or messaging them."

Did you really think I meant every woman types down every single religion, race, or background she does not feel comfortable with? Do you know how many religions around the world?

Nope. I think you want women to specifically state in their profiles if they don't date Muslim men. That's really what this is all about, isn't it?

You only threw "Jewish" and "Black" into the equation so it wouldn't appear so obvious that you think women are wasting your time and dismissing you because you're Muslim.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 77
I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black Men
Posted: 3/28/2018 3:23:40 AM

(Guerrero) Look at my original post then, you will see I said, "I just wish if they could be clear about it in their profiles, so we do not bother and waste our time reading their profiles or messaging them."

Did you really think I meant every woman types down every single religion, race, or background she does not feel comfortable with? Do you know how many religions around the world?

(halcyon_skies) Nope. I think you want women to specifically state in their profiles if they don't date Muslim men. That's really what this is all about, isn't it?

You only threw "Jewish" and "Black" into the equation so it wouldn't appear so obvious that you think women are wasting your time and dismissing you because you're Muslim.

You win the Internet today, halcyon_skies.
 Guerrero
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/28/2018 6:32:28 AM
Arlo_Troutman

What?
I think most people would consider re-sent messages to be annoying and pesky. I know that *I* would never re-send a message.

Please stop living in utopia, and consider matters upon how they really are. By not replying back a person, you show disrespect and being a passive person. Start to be active and take an action. You should be specific and clear in your behaviors and actions. Blocking a person will never hurt.

I am not really sure what type of common sense you have or logical thinking you are using for keeping an open channel with someone you do not want to hear back from from him or her anymore?

And, if they're wrong, they'll come across as a pushy Douche-Bag.
The "My way or the highway!" mentality is an absolutely *TERRIBLE* attitude with which to approach dating.

Please differentiate between sending 300 messages to a person, or just a follow-up message. You can avoid a follow-up message by blocking. I am not sure why should be waiting for a follow-up message if you can stop it. However, people have different mentalities.

You win the Internet today, halcyon_skies.

You cannot win what has not been actually there from the beginning, do not you think?
We are not in war or fight here, but expressing opinions.
 Guerrero
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/28/2018 6:52:07 AM
halcyon_skies

Nope. I think you want women to specifically state in their profiles if they don't date Muslim men. That's really what this is all about, isn't it?

You have the right to think Santa Claus is a real fact, or the earth is moving, rather than revolving around the sun. You prejudge, and take your prejudgment as a real fact. Please try to build your thesis upon what people say, rather than their intentions. In real fact, it is not smart at all.

Since you could not answer me, you wanted to swerve the topic to another direction and personalize it. Very poor attitude. If you studied organizational behavior, you might find a better way and understand what I am talking about.

Blow is the main point we were talking about

Not exactly. Again, I don't think people should say in their profiles that they won't date people of a certain religion or ethnic group. Therefore, I disagree with this statement from your original

Look at my original post then, you will see I said, "I just wish if they could be clear about it in their profiles, so we do not bother and waste our time reading their profiles or messaging them.

Which is easier for for you, to say that you are vegan, or stating a list of the food you do not eat?

Women who do not want to date outside of their races, they refuse everyone else, regardless of his religion, race, or background.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCTh6JAJGyk
 dragonbytes
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2018 7:16:37 AM
Newyorker58
Are the women there really cutting off penises?

Polygamy is popular with men in Thailand, having multiple minor wives is common. Western culture has invaded their culture, in the past family honor was paramount with meant men take financial care of their first wife and children. In the West, we divorce and try and avoid any financial ties, which is becoming more common in Thailand.

The first wife cutting off their husband's penis is only partially sexual jealousy and that is a minor part, it;'s mostly about men spending too much of the family money on their minor wives. They often go a step further by feeding it to the ducks. If you google the phase and add Thailand you will see how common that is. One women even tied the penis to a balloon and lunched it into the air.

BTW, the whole concept of marriage is a bit amorphous by our standards. People say they are married, but it often means they just declare they are married and it isn't official. They often have a Buddhist wedding that isn't official in any way.

When you officially get married all you do is register at a government office, there isn't any ceremony. Of course you could have a Buddhist ceremony either before or after registering.

An issue is confusion among transgender, their own confusion, translates to everyone else's confusion with should they get reassignment, then those that want their penises back. Those are big issues! I think it's the nature of people to want to know who and what someone is in order to feel comfortable. That's why dogs sniff things, to know what something is. We fear what we do not know or understand.

I have often seen male dogs try to hump another male dog. They smell everything. Don't think they are a good model for human behaviour.

I haven't seen this confusion among transgender, and in any case there isn't any penis left to reattach.

Sometimes it's confusing trying to figure out if a women is actually a women. Generally speaking, ladyboys are over the top sexy while normal women are more modest even if they are bargirls.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2018 7:28:35 AM

I myself do not care about the woman's color, race, or background, but the mentality.

I have a preference, though it isn't the type of preference most people mean when they state that.

I have a preference to date women of a color, race, or background,that I haven't dated before. More of a preference for novelty. I tended to avoid dating the same nationality of the last woman I dated.

Before I got married, I was interested in dating either in Medellin Colombia, Cambodia or Venezuela. I have a friend who's inlaws live in Medellin Colombia and he goes back on a regular basis, I though that would be a good opportunity to reach out.

I have never dated a Muslim woman, so she would be more interesting because of that fact.

It's only a preference, not like a hard and fast rule.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/28/2018 8:20:18 AM

Since you could not answer me, you wanted to swerve the topic to another direction and personalize it. Very poor attitude. If you studied organizational behavior, you might find a better way and understand what I am talking about.

I did answer you, as did many other posters. You're just too obtuse to accept people's explanations. I had already explained to you why blocking was a bad idea---it can get someone's account deleted.

Au contraire, is you with the poor attitude. If you already have all the answers, then there was no reason to start this thread and waste people's time.
 Guerrero
Msg: 83
Posted: 3/28/2018 8:38:49 AM
halcyon_skies

I did answer you, as did many other posters. You're just too obtuse to accept people's explanations. I had already explained to you why blocking was a bad idea---it can get someone's account deleted.

I will be more than happy to see where you mentioned before blocking people would lead to delete an account.

Who on earth told you blocking people is going to delete your account or someone else account?

If that was true, why blocking is an option is first place? Why POF made it an option ma`am? Do you really think before typing down a reply?

Au contraire, is you with the poor attitude. If you already have all the answers, then there was no reason to start this thread and waste people's time.

A poor attitude comes from poor thinking. Again, you rejudge and think you are correct. Jumping from a tree to another without making a point, means poor attitude. If you think this topic wasting time, why do you participate in first place? It is really not smart at all to waste your time, for something you know it does not worth it. That is called poor thinking, which results in poor attitude. Do not you see, there are many other topics around?
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/28/2018 9:57:04 AM

I will be more than happy to see where you mentioned before blocking people would lead to delete an account.

I mentioned it in message 63.

Who on earth told you blocking people is going to delete your account or someone else account?

If that was true, why blocking is an option is first place? Why POF made it an option ma`am? Do you really think before typing down a reply?

Perhaps you should go back to the school where you earned your degree, and ask for a refund. Blocking was put into place to stop people from being harassed. For example, if a woman receives a message from a man she isn't interested in, and she politely tells him, "Thanks for your interest, but we're not a match. Best of luck in your search." and he comes back with a nasty message to her, saying, "I wasn't interested in a fat ***** like you, anyway.", that's the time for her to use the block feature. It wasn't designed as a screening tool to use just because one isn't interested in another person.
 Guerrero
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/28/2018 11:00:05 AM
halcyon_skies

I mentioned it in message 63.

You said "I did answer you, as did many other posters. You're just too obtuse to accept people's explanations. I had already explained to you why blocking was a bad idea---it can get someone's account deleted.

It will be nice to show me and everyone else, in which thread you explained the source of getting the idea of blocking a person would lead to delete an account. Since you never mentioned it before and you will never show us. Again, the same attitude jumping from a tree to an other, do you know who really does that? It is better to talk about what you just know.

Perhaps you should go back to the school where you earned your degree, and ask for a refund. Blocking was put into place to stop people from being harassed. For example, if a woman receives a message from a man she isn't interested in, and she politely tells him, "Thanks for your interest, but we're not a match. Best of luck in your search." and he comes back with a nasty message to her, saying, "I wasn't interested in a fat ***** like you, anyway.", that's the time for her to use the block feature. It wasn't designed as a screening tool to use just because one isn't interested in another person.

Schools should be for those who live in a world, in which they are not understanding. If you want to reply someone back, in which you are not interested, good for you. You may have time, and no other work to do. Professional people usually do not waste their time, and simply block.

The phobia inside your head about blocking people is going to lead to delete an account or it should be just for bad people is very irrational and illogical. Blocking means an individual does not want to exchange communications with a specific person anymore, nothing else.

Again, if you think this topic is wasting time, why do you even replying back and forth. Do you know what I am still reply you back? To prove what I have said befor, nothing else.

Have you every tried to take IQ test?
 Chromis1
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2018 11:44:32 AM
Haha, this thread is just the sort of entertainment that keeps me around. Some of the best threads are those in which an OP will disagree with anything, said by anybody, that doesn't line up exactly with what the OP wants ... er, I mean "wishes" ... to hear.

So here's our newest entrant.

I read HS state in message 63,

Also, if a man gets too many blocks, his profile will be deleted by POF administration.

OP responds

It will be nice to show me and everyone help where you said blocking a person will lead you to deleting an account.

So the sky is pink, after all.

Believe it or not, OP, it's true. If a man receives too many blocks, POF will delete his profile. Kinda common knowledge among those who spend enough time here in the forums, and for the many here who personally knew those who at one time moderated the boards. Please, though, disagree with me.

Your original point, OP ... you "wish" women would include in their profile a sentence stating "I won't date Muslims". That's right, no? This is for what you wish. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN, at least not here on POF. So there's your answer. I also tend to believe that, more often than not, a response such as this to a message from you, is the woman's polite way of saying "Nope". I also think the better practice is to not respond at all.

There! I've condensed into a single paragraph most of the salient points in this thread with which you've taken umbrage.

Have you every tried to take IQ test?

You missed an indefinite article.
 overunity
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2018 12:14:14 PM
It's possible that some women don't date Muslim men over their concerns of the possible application of Sharia Law by the men that will or do practice it in their relationship(s).
 2ufo
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2018 1:31:03 PM
Possibly.
Or having their passports held by their husband if they go to certain countries. Sometimes permanently.

I don't date Muslim men because I find most insufferably arrogant in their treatment of women.
Actually, I won't date any man who states his religion in the body of his profile or tells me within five minutes of meeting.

If it makes you feel better, OP, I don't date men with beards either.
I try not to date rude or hostile men. Men not within 5 years of my age. Men who play video games to what I consider excess. Men who smell wrong to me. Men who have too much debt. Stingy men. Men who use money as power. Men who haven't read a book in over a year. Men who don't like animals. Men who talk about their newest/latest/greatest toy. Men who tell me how much their earn. Men who ask personal questions after I've demurred answering. Men who post 'ask me'.

No... I'm not going to have all that plastered over my profile.
First, because these are general rules and not absolutes. Some aren't even 'rules' but are preferences.
Second, because no man is going to know what I consider 'excess' or 'wrong'.I don't know how he considers himself.
Third, dwelling on who I won't date or negative issues would misrepresent me.
Fourth, appropriate use of filters and reading the man's profile usually tells me if I want to meet him.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/28/2018 1:39:09 PM

If you want to reply someone back, in which you are not interested, good for you. You may have time, and no other work to do.

Please re-read back through my posts in this thread, and tell me where I stated that I replied to someone with whom I wasn't interested. You can't, because I never said that. What I said was that I didn't reply. Reading comprehension obviously isn't your strong suit.

Professional people usually do not waste their time, and simply block.

How did you arrive at this brilliant piece of logic?
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2018 2:22:44 PM
halcyon skies, You truly have more patience than I do, LOL

OP, Do your own research, do a thread search. Anything you want to know about how POF works, what the rules are, has been answered, over and over and over................and over..............

Oh and the "Professional" was kind enough to leave his response here. I doubt he blocked you, although he may have been tempted to do so, LOL Go Pengo's!
 Guerrero
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/28/2018 3:03:14 PM
Chromis1

So the sky is pink, after all.

Did read what I said before exactly? I said exactly in previous thread the following"

It will be nice to show me and everyone else, in which thread you explained the source of getting the idea of blocking a person would lead to delete an account. The burden of proof is upon the claimant.

I have not seen the alibi of her statement, did you?

Believe it or not, OP, it's true. If a man receives too many blocks, POF will delete his profile.

I still need a proof. Again, The burden of proof is upon the claimant.

Your original point, OP ... you "wish" women would include in their profile a sentence stating "I won't date Muslims". That's right, no?

Not at all. I wished of women could be clearer in their profiles, if they are open to date men outside of their races or not.

Women who do not want to date outside of their races, they refuse everyone else, regardless of his religion, race, or background.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCTh6JAJGyk
 Guerrero
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/28/2018 3:12:03 PM
overunity

It's possible that some women don't date Muslim men over their concerns of the possible application of Sharia Law by the men that will or do practice it in their relationship(s).

Very good point. I may have to open a new thread, and reply it there.

2ufo

Possibly. Or having their passports held by their husband if they go to certain countries. Sometimes permanently.
I don't date Muslim men because I find most insufferably arrogant in their treatment of women.
Actually, I won't date any man who states his religion in the body of his profile or tells me within five minutes of meeting.

Thank you for bringing this up. I may have to reply it in another thread.
 Guerrero
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/28/2018 3:23:47 PM
halcyon_skies

Please re-read back through my posts in this thread, and tell me where I stated that I replied to someone with whom I wasn't interested. You can't, because I never said that. What I said was that I didn't reply. Reading comprehension obviously isn't your strong suit.

No ma`am, I can. There are your words from your previous post. Unless you suggest other women to behave in a way, you do not apply.

For example, if a woman receives a message from a man she isn't interested in, and she politely tells him, "Thanks for your interest, but we're not a match. Best of luck in your search."

Now again,

Could you please show me and everyone else, in which thread you explained the source of getting the idea of blocking a person would lead to delete an account. Since you never mentioned it before and you will never show us.

A known legal rule and simple logical thinking tells us "The burden of proof is upon the claimant. "

Because this the logical thinking ma`am. Time is so valuable to waste it on something or someone we do not need.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/28/2018 4:52:22 PM

No ma`am, I can. There are your words from your previous post. Unless you suggest other women to behave in a way, you do not apply.

Me:

For example, if a woman receives a message from a man she isn't interested in, and she politely tells him, "Thanks for your interest, but we're not a match. Best of luck in your search."

Nice try, but the post of mine that you quoted was not made in reference to myself. Anyone with half a brain could figure out that "a woman" means women in general. If I were speaking specifically about myself, I would have used "I".

Go back and re-read message 55, and you’ll clearly see where I stated, “My opinion is that it's better to not respond to messages from people with whom you are not interested.”

Now again,

Could you please show me and everyone else, in which thread you explained the source of getting the idea of blocking a person would lead to delete an account. Since you never mentioned it before and you will never show us.

I was informed by a former moderator that this was the case---however, he is no longer here. If you want answers, you’ll have to do your own research like everyone else. Here’s a link to dozens of posts on the subject of blocking:

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/search.aspx

Because this the logical thinking ma`am. Time is so valuable to waste it on something or someone we do not need.

This is not logical thinking--it’s a circular argument based on your opinion. You’re not providing any support for your premise that professionals block--as opposed to simply ignoring or responding with a polite “Thanks, but no thanks” to people they’re not interested in.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/28/2018 5:09:24 PM
^^^^ The link I provided above isn't working, but you can do your own thread search by going to the home page and typing the word block next to Thread Title, then clicking search. It will pull up all the threads on blocking.
 Guerrero
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/28/2018 5:19:39 PM
halcyon_skies

Nice try, but the post of mine that you quoted was not made in reference to myself. Anyone with half a brain could figure out that "a woman" means women in general. If I were speaking specifically about myself, I would have used "I".

Go back and re-read message 55, and you’ll clearly see where I stated, “My opinion is that it's better to not respond to messages from people with whom you are not interested.”

An individual has brain with something in between will state the opinion s/he believes in and either individualize or generalize it. You type down opinions you do not even apply upon yourself, while you prefer another one. Are you typing down under influence?

Now again,
Could you please show me and everyone else, in which thread you explained the source of getting the idea of blocking a person would lead to delete an account. Since you never mentioned it before and you will never show us?

I was informed by a former moderator that this was the case---however, he is no longer here. If you want answers, you’ll have to do your own research like everyone else. Here’s a link to dozens of posts on the subject of blocking:

So, you have not explained it before in my thread then, as I challenged you. And here we go, you are trying to explain it now.

Ma`am for the second time, The burden of proof is upon the claimant. " If you cannot get it, I cannot help you, because I cannot reason with you.

Read the rules of POF, then find out which one supports your story, then come back to me. Supposedly, you were honest, your story about the former moderator was an individual's opinion, if you know the basics of the law.

This is not logical thinking--it’s a circular argument based on your opinion. You’re not providing any support for your premise that professionals block--as opposed to simply ignoring or responding with a polite “Thanks, but no thanks” to people they’re not interested in.

Very funny, you wanted me to search for your a hallucinating idea about blocking people, and on the other hand, you did not search for my what I said yourself.

I am sorry, life is too short to advice someone in your age. If the life did not teach you a lesson for not wasting your time replying people you do not care about, then sorry, your age is growing faster than your thinking.

Please read any public administration book. Any book and come and discuss the proof of my conclusion with me.

Learn then discuss.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 97
Posted: 3/28/2018 5:49:41 PM

Very funny, you wanted me to search for your a hallucinating idea about blocking people, and on the other hand, you did not search for my what I said yourself.

I'm not trying to be funny. I honestly don't think you have a good command of the English Language, because you're not making any sense.

I am sorry, life is too short to advice someone in your age. If the life did not teach you a lesson for not wasting your time replying people you do not care about, then sorry, your age is growing faster than your thinking.

How is not blocking someone wasting my time? I ignore, not block. And what does my age have to do with it? Again, you 're not making any sense. The more you talk, the less sense you make.

Please read any public administration book. Any book and come and discuss with me.

Learn then discuss.

Please go back to school and improve your literacy and grasp of the English Language, and I'll be happy to.
 Guerrero
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/28/2018 6:01:02 PM
halcyon_skies

I'm not trying to be funny. I honestly don't think you have a good command of the English Language, because you're not making any sense.

Ma`am, I am confident my education and scope of reading are much higher than yours. If you read 1 book in public administration, you will get what I was talking about. I am talking with a level of language higher than yous.

You came here on this thread with no specific goal. Once you personalized things and reading my minds and intentions. Another time you claimed you explained something you did not. Then, you could not differentiate between POF's rules and personal opinion. You claimed wasting here time and still putting down some threads. I feel I am talking to a teenager rather than a woman in her 50s or someone under the influence.

How is not blocking someone wasting my time? I ignore, not block. And what does my age have to do with it? Again, you 're not making any sense. The more you talk, the less sense you make.

Because replying back the person is wasting time. Not responding gives a possibility for the person to send you a follow-up message. Why on earth keeping an open channel with someone you do not want him to send you a message? This is very poor thinking. That is why blocking works better.

Please go back to school and improve your literacy and grasp of the English Language, and I'll be happy to.

I am trying to explain for you here basics of communication , you were supposed to get them by reaching your age. Please read a book in public administration and come to discuss communication with me.

Reading makes people smarter.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 99
Posted: 3/28/2018 7:24:23 PM

(AT) What?
I think most people would consider re-sent messages to be annoying and pesky. I know that *I* would never re-send a message.

(Guerrero) Please stop living in utopia, and consider matters upon how they really are. By not replying back a person, you show disrespect and being a passive person.

I was referring specifically to your suggestion to resend messages, presumably to force a response, was a bad one. *YOU* think not responding is "passive" and "disrespect(ful)" -- my opinion is that resending a message, to *FORCE* the other person to respond, is rude and obnoxious.

On a tangential topic: I find it annoying and bothersome when someone tries to argue that their *SUBJECTIVE OPINION* is actually *OBJECTIVE FACT*. This is what you are doing with this whole response nonsense. Please stop. If you prefer something, that is fine, but do *NOT* pretend that it is *OBJECTIVE FACT*.

Or, actually, go ahead. Tackle life like the only tool you have is a hammer, and therefore all of life's nuances are only nails, and pound away.

(Guerrero) Blocking a person will never hurt.

Did you not see halcyon_skies' comment about too many blocks on an account will result in it being deleted?

(AT) And, if they're wrong, they'll come across as a pushy Douche-Bag.
The "My way or the highway!" mentality is an absolutely *TERRIBLE* attitude with which to approach dating.

(Guerrero) Please differentiate between sending 300 messages to a person, or just a follow-up message.

Counter-request: please indicate how many times you will resend a message before you grab a clue and realize that *YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET A REPLY?!?*

(Guerrero) You can avoid a follow-up message by blocking. I am not sure why should be waiting for a follow-up message if you can stop it.

You have already been informed of the hazards to an account posed by blocking. Did you not read it?

(AT) You win the Internet today, halcyon_skies.

(Guerrero) You cannot win what has not been actually there from the beginning, do not you think?

Was your sense of humour surgically removed?

(Guerrero)We are not in war or fight here, but expressing opinions.

Quite right. So, why are you suggesting that not getting a response can mean *ONLY* one thing? Realize that not *EVERYONE* who doesn't think *EXACTLY LIKE YOU* must have some sort of character flaw. It's a freaking (non) reply on a freaking free dating site. Un-bunch your panties.
 Chromis1
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2018 7:33:54 PM

Go Pengo's!

Go Pengo's! Crunch time, coming up.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black Men