Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 251
Irony is alive and well Page 11 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

I know how Henry has treated me through the years and it has always been respectful.

I wasn't going to jump in here but it would be remiss of me to stand back and say nothing.

I concur with Spot. Over the years thru the Forums, I have read what Henry has wrote. Whether or not I have met him in person, he comes here frequently, and from my observation, he is honest, and forthcoming AND respectful. (To those who deserve his respect)
Would I date him? LOL No, .................he doesn't ride a motorcycle!
Would I love to meet him? In a heart beat. We are different in our views and goals, I respect that, respect him, as he is, and I have no doubt he respects me. I believe with Henry, "What you see, is what you get". A Texas gentleman!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/12/2018 9:30:17 AM
Not sure what's going on...but I'm with Ms. Spot and Lady.
Henry has always been a gentleman in these forums.
He's out there, having fun, meeting ladies and is always
upbeat and positive. There's a lesson there for some.

I go to Texas pretty often...but it's a freaking big state!
I'd meet Henry...but I'm usually here * and he's -------
---------------------------------> *.
 whiterose0
Msg: 253
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/12/2018 9:56:56 AM

Whiterose, how would you know if Henry is a gentleman or not? I'm not saying he is or isn't. I don't see how he treats women, and neither do you.

I’ve been lurking in these forums for many years. I’ve observed the way ohenryx treats women in here. He’s been nothing short of a gentleman, and is well-liked by most people in his peer group.

I’ve also observed the way you treat others in here, both men and women. Based upon my observations, ohenryx is much more respectful toward other people than you.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 254
view profile
History
VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER
Posted: 4/12/2018 12:37:42 PM

their requirements aren't absolute

This one looks pretty absolute:

The beginning of the About Me of a 45 year old woman here in SoCal-

"STOP!!! PLEASE READ ME BEFORE CONTACTING ME. DO NOT CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE UNDER 6ft TALL!!!! Not 5’6, 5’7, 5’8, 5’9, 5’10, 5’11......6ft OR TALLER PLEASE!!!!"

In caps just like it reads.
 Cynderella
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/12/2018 12:44:48 PM
100% agree ^^^ (Edit) @Whiterose
I tend to read more than write.
For there are times I really have to bite my tongue.
I've watched one go from square to squirrel.
As for Henry....all the respect to this Texas gentleman!
 julystorm7
Msg: 256
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/12/2018 1:39:26 PM
Just for curiosity sake, what height was the lady requiring a 6 foot tall man?
 ThatOneLady01
Msg: 257
Posted: 4/12/2018 3:16:28 PM
OP, if someone sends you a reply like that it shows their character because they are not only judging based off of looks but they also had the gall to act insulted when someone reached out to them instead of just politely declining if they really are not interested. You don't want someone like that in your life anyway, she would be miserable company.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/12/2018 5:39:04 PM
Mustang, Henry said, "But I do like women, and treat them with respect. At least the ones who deserve respect."
I'm simply inquiring how he treats those not deserving respect.

Women receiving bad sex or getting used, it's part of dating and putting yourself out there, for men too. I feel women take these things more in stride, where so many men let bad experiences define all women. My ex-h was a sneaky, liar, cheater. No way am I letting him have that kind of power over me to make me not like men. My poor choice is not the fault of the next man. You learn your lesson and regroup.
 ohenryx
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/12/2018 6:54:04 PM
Once again, a big thank you to all of my friends saying very nice things about me, it is appreciated, truly.

I guess I should answer this one thing:

NewYorker58
Mustang, Henry said, "But I do like women, and treat them with respect. At least the ones who deserve respect."
I'm simply inquiring how he treats those not deserving respect.

People who do not deserve respect, I try to stay as far away from them as possible. Doesn’t have anything to do with dating, or whether they’re men or women or something else entirely (and come to think of it, I do have friends who are “something else entirely” ?? ).

I work for a very large corporation, I’m in a 44 story building in downtown Houston. And I perform a support role, so I deal with a lot of people every day. When I don’t know them, I try to approach them in a friendly fashion, and joke a bit with the men, and treat the women with courtesy and respect.

Riding elevators in the building where I work, and in the 14 story garage where I park, and walking the streets, and going out to lunch, I hold doors for people, and thank those who hold doors for me. Rarely, when I encounter someone who is just flat out not nice, and not worthy of respect, I just try to avoid them. Getting riled up about it raises your blood pressure and spoils your digestion.

It’s hard to enjoy a beautiful day when you have allowed yourself to get mad at someone. And we have had a great many beautiful days here lately. My sympathies to those of you (MachI and others) who are stuck up in the frozen northern wastelands. The TV in the break room on my floor at work is often tuned to the Weather Channel, so I have noticed how much really bad weather the Northeast has suffered this year.

Of course, in August, when the temperature here is 99 with 90% humidity, you can all have sympathy for me, right?

backcreek7
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/13/2018 6:39:19 AM
..... ^^^^ .....
the dudes
A GOOD EGG

heart / sun
 NewYorker58
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/13/2018 7:59:14 PM
Pig's menopausal groupies are scurrying to find another male to get behind, and it doesn't surprise me that they're not put off by an awful statement geared towards women.

Henry, it's back to Arthur Murray for you, because you didn't do very well with trying to tap dance your way around what you said.
 Tyro327
Msg: 262
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/13/2018 8:42:45 PM
^ I think it's more of your translation of what he means than anything sorry but the way I take what he said is as follows.

If a woman treats him with respect he gives it, if she don't he will give as good as he gets. So reality is she is the cause of her own disrespecting nature.
 Cynderella
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/14/2018 3:55:43 AM

Pig's menopausal groupies are scurrying to find another male to get behind, and it doesn't surprise me that they're not put off by an awful statement geared towards women.

WTF?
Are you for real?
I thought you were a little off your rocker
but
Now I have lost all respect for you!
No suprise!!!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/14/2018 5:16:00 AM
I don't know much, but I do see that pig see's himself as god's gift to women. Give henry a chance, he'll make you feel that way too. I wouldn't trust ether one, any farther than I could throw them.

I'll let you make your own mistakes.
 I_Am_Con_S_Tip_ated
Msg: 265
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/14/2018 5:55:57 AM

People who do not deserve respect, I try to stay as far away from them as possible.

We're about the same age. Is this why you are divorced and serial dating, for how long?
 I_Am_Con_S_Tip_ated
Msg: 266
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/14/2018 6:02:13 AM
Dude, I just looked at your profile.

Looking for a relationship?

"Not a spouse or girlfriend, just a dancing partner. 12/31/2016"

That's a caption on one of your pictures. just?

If I were a woman, I'd find that statement off-putting.

You categorize women, and have relegated the lady in the photo to a "lower rung".

Sh_t, I'm a man and I find it off-putting.

Keep looking bro...
 browneyesboo
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/14/2018 6:29:21 AM
People in profile review often suggest we not include pictures of others in our profile, particularly ones of the opposite sex. It's a nice picture of Henry dancing (he often talks about meetup and dancing ). If the woman is not a relative or SO, what should he call her? I have male friends I walk with and go out to dinner with. If I say they're my walking partner, have I put them on a lower "rung"?

And PS Everyone has their favorite posters and ones they'd rather not read. When the former leave the latter are emboldened, it's nothing new. They should enjoy their time to shine. It likely won't last long.
 I_Am_Con_S_Tip_ated
Msg: 268
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/14/2018 6:39:25 AM
"just" ... that one word is a put down.

If he said not a romantic interest, or some other way, better yet, take the lady out of the picture.

browneyes, you are a sweet woman to be taking up for him, but I think you are a little naive.

A loyal friend, even to "just" a man from a message board.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/14/2018 7:30:22 AM
I'm not naive nor am I loyal to anyone here.
People sometimes take their opinions too seriously and end up needlessly bringing someone else down Henry has been nothing but a gentleman to me in these forums.

I'm sorry you find the word just insulting to someone you've never met. But carry on. You're just another poster, just like me and entitled to your opinions.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 270
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/14/2018 8:16:53 AM
OMG.......Newyorker!
You must be crazy......
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/14/2018 9:17:15 AM

Everyone has their favorite posters

MY favorite is FullMoonGuy2.

I agree with everything he posts.

vvvvvvv

Yes, he's not "just" another poster.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/14/2018 9:24:02 AM
Yeah. I've heard that mr. Fullmoonguy thinks he's gods gift to posters!
But I do usually agree with what he says.
Not that I'm saying he's one of my favorites! !
:-)

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread. Says who?
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/14/2018 10:52:57 AM
C'mon......there is nothing wrong with what ohenryx wrote, nor what he has in his profile. Sheesh.

Sometimes if a poster writes something that's a bit un-PC, or maybe a bit off putting to someone, or maybe he didn't write it the correct way, or in a way that's open to an unfavorable interpretation......ya need to take that poster's body of work into account.

Methinks some here....and YES, I'm talking about a few 60+ men here...... are jealous of the fun Henry is having. He is showing it can be done.
 backcreek7
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2018 11:39:22 AM

We're living like nomads, wandering from relationship to relationship.

^^^ ahhhh, beyond profound my friend ...
the reason possibly?
an abundance of freedom & prosperity ~ and an over - abundance of adults seeking partners

" Hmmm, are lamebrains an appropriate and healthy food to feed healthy zombies ? "

^^^ ahhhh, beyond profound my friend ...

an answer possibly ?
yes
 I_Am_Con_S_Tip_ated
Msg: 275
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/14/2018 12:04:46 PM
hmm..I think a tiny bit of jealousy is healthy if you don't go over board, but speaking for myself, no, not jealous of Henry.

Methinks some here....and YES, I'm talking about a few 60+ men here...... are jealous of the fun Henry is having. He is showing it can be done.

I was married once, made a few mistakes and now regret it. I want one good woman to grow old with.

Henry, you remind me of my ex-brother in law.
So if I have been too hard on you, sorry.

But I feel like you are not on line to meet a special woman, but rather to mess around. (Like my ex brother in law did to my sister)

It's none of my business, yet a few women I've met seem to have the same experience and then have trust issues.

Personally, I'd hate to be a contributor to that sort of thing.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER