Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Irony is alive and well Page 12 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
^ offtopic: I grew up in Evansville.
 I_Am_Con_S_Tip_ated
Msg: 277
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/14/2018 12:47:18 PM
^
The Korean War Memorial is the best thing along the Ohio River. Great place to chill and hang out. When you were still living there, did you see the dude that hangs out by the Memorial all the time, the old veteran with the shopping cart and the flags?
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 278
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/14/2018 2:26:14 PM
1) "Pig's menopausal groupies are scurrying to find another male to get behind, and it doesn't surprise me that they're not put off by an awful statement geared towards women."

>>wait...are they on the spectrum, too? from other matters, the question asked:

Men, do any of you feel being on the spectrum landed you on POF, either from a failing relationship or not being able to get in one? This applies to women also, but it seems to be more prevalent in men. For men, do you have a difficult time relating to others, especially women? Is there any help for those on the spectrum in social situations? I'm finding quite a few men in the forums and on POF exhibit some type of spectrum disorder.

2) admittedly, anyone who's screen handle is "The X of your dreams" either believes they are, or has found out from prior experience they can make that claim with tongue in cheek.

3) "Sometimes if a poster writes something that's a bit un-PC, or maybe a bit off putting to someone, or maybe he didn't write it the correct way, or in a way that's open to an unfavorable interpretation......ya need to take that poster's body of work into account."

>>>i'm guilty of trying to jump from one point to the next, in order to keep the length of my posts from getting lengthier to repeat what I've said prior or to repeat something I think most intelligent people already see or agree with. I get questioned on it often by two posters, but thankfully it gives me the chance to explain, and they never ask anything more about it, which shows they agree.
 2ufo
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/14/2018 2:55:17 PM
Sometimes Henry puts his foot in his mouth.
Who doesn't?

In his case, it's only a tiny percentage of his posts.
To my mind, not indicative of an unmitigated jerk.
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/14/2018 3:02:01 PM
Speaking of unmitigated jerks, I see Arlo went poof. Maybe my cat eye, or newt eye or whatever he accused me of having really was working after all.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 281
view profile
History
VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER
Posted: 4/14/2018 3:14:56 PM

A woman's biological clock plays into all this too.

True. That can be an advantage for a guy getting a gal who'd normally be a little out of his reach, where the gal wants to get hitched & pregnant like her sisters & friends already have ("Yes, that's an awesome place we booked for the reception! I'm excited! Wait, what's you're middle name again?")

Mustang, don't care what his reasoning is for that statement (by Henry): "But I do like women, and treat them with respect. At least the ones who deserve respect."

It's an ugly statement. If I saw that in a profile, and I have, never would I ever consider dating that person.

It'd be an bad statement in a Profile, sure. So would many things we say in conversation with our friends, when talking about guys & gals (or people in general), thrown on there. We both could take statements in our posts, cut-n-paste some, and post in our profiles, and we'd both agree they'd be big no-no's -- even though they are 110% fine in convo, even among the emotionally sensitive.

In conversation though -- Henry's statement is not an ugly statement, at all. Are there people in situations who don't deserve respect? Sure, we both agree on that. Of said people, should they automatically be given respect by others who recognize that? No. Don't you agree?

People who do not deserve respect, I try to stay as far away from them as possible.
We're about the same age. Is this why you are divorced and serial dating, for how long?

Wait -- I don't get it. You're saying the type people who (universally) do not deserve respect -- one Shouldn't stay away from them? And staying away from said type of people is why Henry's not with the love of his life (even though he's not on some hunt for one)?

"Not a spouse or girlfriend, just a dancing partner. 12/31/2016"
That's a caption on one of your pictures. just?
If I were a woman, I'd find that statement off-putting.

I think only the reflexively-assuming-men-are-bad, would find it off-putting. He's making it clear it's not one he's "with" -- he's part of Meetup groups and the like, as many divorced retired/nearing-retirement folks are. He's showing he's active, and just clarifying it (as opposed to most people having an opp-sex person in a photo and you wonder). I see nothing wrong with that. And there's nothing wrong with having an opp-sex person in the photo. Overly-jealous types may have issue with that -- again, running on (hair-trigger) assumption.
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Irony is alive and well
Posted: 4/14/2018 5:51:42 PM

did you see the dude that hangs out by the Memorial all the time, the old veteran with the shopping cart and the flags?
I did not but I was not at that location much either.
--
I also noticed Arlo is gone. Who is next?!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Truth
Posted: 4/14/2018 6:47:41 PM
Whiskey, I'm menopausal myself☺, just telling it like it is about the groupies. I wouldn't group behind someone that stalked a woman every day for what may be almost one year, with his comments that were escalating in nastiness.

Mustang, you are so funny about "looking at a person's body of work" I'll tell you what I see as his body of work. Women here are lab rats for Henry to study to learn the easiest way to have sex with women. His profile is crafted in such a way to reflect that. He's an adult, dealing with other adults, so I'm not commenting on that. It still stands, Mustang, that Henry said, "But I do like women, and treat them with respect. At least the ones who deserve respect." With my response: "I'm simply inquiring how he treats those not deserving respect." He responded. I have no desire to go back and forth with him.
 Tyro327
Msg: 284
Truth
Posted: 4/14/2018 7:45:10 PM
Invasion of the low self-esteem people okay here's your pity party you earned it *dancing*, *drinking* you want to knock off the attacks on a person's character now we get it you need to boost your self-esteem. Use my pity-party and have a ball esteem increased enjoy.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 285
Truth
Posted: 4/14/2018 7:48:09 PM
The TRUTH?

I am NOT menopausal, neither am I a groupie.
I am not an f'n lab rat.
I'm a grown ass woman with a mind of her own.
I have no need to throw insults at anyone........... to make myself look good, or make me feel better about myself.
I don't care for women who hate on other women.
I don't like women who bash men.

We are not in JR High.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Truth
Posted: 4/14/2018 8:04:01 PM
I thought that after a few of his posts. I'd bet he's PUA that's over the hill. If you think about it, they do grow old. I think he fits the mold of one. He knows what to say, when to say it. Once some get a line on him, and they figure out what he's about, then he isn't well received. In which case, he no longer respects them.
 cooldog65
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Truth
Posted: 4/14/2018 10:29:42 PM

Whiskey, I'm menopausal myself☺, just telling it like it is about the groupies. I wouldn't group behind someone that stalked a woman every day for what may be almost one year, with his comments that were escalating in nastiness.

How was he "stalking" you? Did he show up outside your residence? Did he get your phone number and repeatedly call you and text you? Did he get your email address and left you harassing or threatening messages?

Mustang, you are so funny about "looking at a person's body of work" I'll tell you what I see as his body of work. Women here are lab rats for Henry to study to learn the easiest way to have sex with women. His profile is crafted in such a way to reflect that. He's an adult, dealing with other adults, so I'm not commenting on that. It still stands, Mustang, that Henry said, "But I do like women, and treat them with respect. At least the ones who deserve respect." With my response: "I'm simply inquiring how he treats those not deserving respect." He responded. I have no desire to go back and forth with him.

Respect is earned, not automatically given. Not all people deserve respect.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Truth
Posted: 4/14/2018 11:32:11 PM
Definition of stalking:

Stalking is unwanted or obsessive attention by an individual or group towards another person. Stalking behaviors are related to harassment and intimidation and may include following the victim in person or monitoring them.
 Cynderella
Msg: 289
view profile
History
Truth
Posted: 4/15/2018 12:22:48 AM

The TRUTH?

I am NOT menopausal, neither am I a groupie.
I am not an f'n lab rat.
I'm a grown ass woman with a mind of her own.
I have no need to throw insults at anyone........... to make myself look good, or make me feel better about myself.
I don't care for women who hate on other women.
I don't like women who bash men.

We are not in JR High

BINGO +1
 I_Am_Con_S_Tip_ated
Msg: 290
Rydell High School
Posted: 4/15/2018 12:57:16 AM

We are not in JR High

Grease is the word and this is Rydell High School.

Except I don't see John Travolta here.

I have a construction/ remodeling job going all week ...will be back next week and will check in on this story.
 forumfairy
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Truth
Posted: 4/15/2018 4:09:49 AM

How was he "stalking" you? Did he show up outside your residence? Did he get your phone number and repeatedly call you and text you? Did he get your email address and left you harassing or threatening messages?

C'mon, how did you even type that with a straight face. He constantly followed her around here harassing her. I often wondered why these women defended him at every opportunity, some of the men too. Crazy! Why he wasn't taken out long before he was always baffled me.

Respect is earned, not automatically given. Not all people deserve respect.

Regardless of whether we think someone deserves respect, most adults treat others with respect. I was also a little taken aback by Henry's comment. He's always come across as arrogant but that was just a little too much, even for him.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 292
Truth
Posted: 4/15/2018 4:22:29 AM
LadyInRed is my sister from another mister. Great post.

Henry is one of the people on here who I consider a well-rounded person. His priorities seem perfectly in sync with someone of his age who has his shit together.
Life is for the living (and the dancing Henry)

Pig is one of those great people whose posts can sometimes be offensive based on what he has (seemingly) taken offence to. Funny.
Both seem like good guys.

Ps.....I want my ‘I’d go on a date with Henry’ badge now
 Aloof_Loofah
Msg: 293
Truth
Posted: 4/15/2018 4:22:56 AM

C'mon, how did you even type that with a straight face. He constantly followed her around here harassing her.

There are so few users that are actually active in the forums that I *suppose* you could assume that someone was stalking your posts and harassing you when in actuality all they are doing is responding to a post (be it negatively or positively).

If you were paranoid and/or delusional. Get a grip.
 forumfairy
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Truth
Posted: 4/15/2018 4:58:57 AM

There are so few users that are actually active in the forums that I *suppose* you could assume that someone was stalking your posts and harassing you when in actuality all they are doing is responding to a post (be it negatively or positively).

Nice try, Don't try to pee on my leg and tell me its raining out. I know a attack when I see it.

This is just one of many of his attacks on her, this one is mild
POYD
Ah, now I know why you're such a nutzo. It's all the crap TV you watch.

If you were paranoid and/or delusional. Get a grip.

Perhaps you just aren't bright enough to recognize an attack when you see it.
 Aloof_Loofah
Msg: 295
Truth
Posted: 4/15/2018 5:06:02 AM

Perhaps you just aren't bright enough to recognize an attack when you see it.

Perhaps you're overly defensive. What an extremely depressing way to live your life.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 296
Truth
Posted: 4/15/2018 5:18:33 AM
To be fair Pig has kinda had it in for newyorker, and some of his posts reflect that. Some are to bash (he uses words like ‘us’ ‘we’, is this to garner support?) and the rest he seems to vehemently oppose what she is saying.
Newyorker can handle herself though, she wouldn’t be so provocative otherwise
Besides, she developed her own little thing for him too :)
 forumfairy
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Truth
Posted: 4/15/2018 5:24:46 AM

Perhaps you're overly defensive. What an extremely depressing way to live your life.

What happened to these little words of wisdom? Do they only apply when Its a poster you approve of

You need to step away from your keyboard, you really arent making a whole lot of sense. lol
 purplerider1200
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Truth
Posted: 4/15/2018 5:35:11 AM
This bantering of words has been happening in here for years. Some, like pig will not hide, and speaks his mind. Henry on the otherhand, hides his jabs, but still does it.

It's just words on a page. No need to get into a tizzy over it.
 Aloof_Loofah
Msg: 299
Truth
Posted: 4/15/2018 5:36:14 AM
Nah. I don't for a moment think that you are "stalking" and/or "harrassing" me. We're just responding to each other's posts.

If you think otherwise, well, that's your prerogative.

You need to step away from your keyboard, you really arent making a whole lot of sense. lol

Try all you like, but you'll neither get a rise out of me nor hurt my feelings.
 ChorusAurora
Msg: 300
Truth
Posted: 4/15/2018 5:54:14 AM
RoxyMoronic wrote:
Besides, she developed her own little thing for him too :)

Their interactions at times reminded me of those long married ever -bickering couples who hate each other but stick around to 'stick it' to the other, both wanting the 'last word'~
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER