Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Truth never damages a cause that is just.Page 16 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
white rose
Nice try, but I'm sure you're well aware that my agreeing with two active posters who are following this dispute is NOT the same thing as bringing up the names of others who are not involved, and are no longer here to defend themselves.

Nice try at moving the goal posts. You were in a tizzy because you said NY58 was bringing other posters in to cause problems and even quoted Tyros post to try and make that point. No where did you ever say you were in a tizzy because she named a poster who isn't here anymore. Only when you got caught and called out for being the hypocrite that you are ,did you come out with that weak attempt.

Mach
I don't think there was stalking here, I didn't see anyone pulling up video from YouTube or things from other websites showing one person follows the other everywhere on the net.

I think you are being confused by the definition of cyberstalking, doesn't have to include following anyone anywhere

Definition of Cyberstalking
Noun

The use of electronic communications to persistently harass someone.[\quote]

I think we just had two people who share an arguing style...[\quote] I know you are way brighter than this. Thats like saying a guy who just beat the feck out of his wife gets a pass cause they had this brawling style.
 chameleonf
Msg: 377
Truth never damages a cause that is just.
Posted: 4/17/2018 2:11:28 PM

Good point. The question is, which one is the bait and which one is the baiter?

From my review of different threads over time, both have been guilty of filling both positions - one's just more "in your face" about it than the other and one is better at playing the wide eyed innocent, however, both often proclaim innocence by using such terms as "I was just....".

Then it tends to become a popularity contest that in itself winds up being a baiting frenzy by other posters. It's an interesting dynamic to watch as it unfolds. I think we've all been participants at one time or another, either knowingly or otherwise. It depends on the personalities of individuals and the topics at any given time. I don't see it as anything to attempt to delete individuals over but it does get tiresome when it takes over otherwise perfectly good thread topics, and then travels from one thread to the other. There are definitely the usual suspects we've all come to know and mostly silently roll our eyes at as we wade through it all while attempting to get back on topic, if we ever do. If we don't, then the thread tends to usually die - but has probably run it's course by that time in any event.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 378
Posted: 4/17/2018 2:22:11 PM
"cyberstalking: the use of electronic communications to persistently harass someone"

>>>That's an interesting definition--if someone attacks us first and attacks us constantly, and we return fire all those times...we're using electronic communications to persistently harass them. But someone might counter, "i'm not harassing, i'm defending by attacking them for attacking me."

Harass: to annoy persistently

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/harass

I think a lot of us have harassed someone (even if you don't have siblings :) ) at some time in our lives. But, hey, that's fun of trying to solve a big problem...we have to agree on the definition of the problem. Watching this debate so far has been like watching an episode of MeToo: Did he, or didn't he?

"that's like saying a wife abuser gets a pass b/c its in his nature"

>>>true, some people don't understand that "debate" and "fight" are not exactly the same. we can debate without getting personal...tho after a long time of it, we may finally get sick of that #$#@ who just can't understand simple ^&**&. I've had people come at me on a personal level, but after this debate, I've realized it usually has to do with certain issues I argue, that are hot-button issues for those people. So they associate me with their feelings on those issues. I've posted before, Pigster has certain issues that he can be trusted to respond personally on. right, wrong or indifferent, you can guarantee to poke the bear by bringing them up.

we probably all know someone in our life who has a subject that cuts too close, and we can choose to avoid it, or confront it head on and take fire and return fire on it. I don't think we should have to step inside our bunker before posting or commenting on such subjects, but then I think a lot of things are unfair in life, too.
 whiterose0
Msg: 379
Posted: 4/17/2018 2:30:05 PM

Nice try at moving the goal posts. You were in a tizzy because you said NY58 was bringing other posters in to cause problems and even quoted Tyros post to try and make that point. No where did you ever say you were in a tizzy because she named a poster who isn't here anymore. Only when you got caught and called out for being the hypocrite that you are ,did you come out with that weak attempt.

I didn’t move the goal posts. NewYorker58 moved the goal posts when she brought others into the dispute she was having with Pig. At first she started up with the name-calling directed at the women who like Pig, then progressed to making false accusations about a poster who had nothing to do with Pig. If you want to stick up for NewYorker58, that’s your prerogative, just as it is mine to stick up for ohenryx and HS. There's nothing hypocritical about it.
Posted: 4/17/2018 4:19:43 PM

There's nothing hypocritical about it.
You are funny, you call someone out for something then do the exact same thing, in the same post, no less, then argue when you are shown to be a hypocrite. Someone should base a movie off these forums you can't make this shit up. I'm not sticking up for anyone, just giving my opinion, which is based on the definition. Sticking up for people for no other reason besides you like them makes no sense to me. I read some of the thread you posted and there she was. H.S being her nasty self. NY58 was speaking the truth, and I totally agree, I will say that whether the nasty one is here or not. She doesn't scare me one bit.

Btw your posting of that thread backfired on you, didn't it. you were trying to put Whiskey in a bad light. It just proved how nasty and low with the name calling Pig will go. Definitely a pattern there.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 381
view profile
History
Chimers gonna chime chime chime
Posted: 4/17/2018 5:28:28 PM
Wow, this thing has really blowed up...

Forumfairy chimed:
She asked Henry a question, there really was no need for the posse to chime in.
Well, as the Journey song goes...Who's chiming now? I chimed in because I didn't see anything wrong with the "respect" statement, first of all. And then I chimed in response to other chiming.....such as someone trying to read something sinister into one of his picture captions.....or suggesting he's an over the hill lothario, or something like that. Ridiculous.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2018 5:41:40 PM
Whisky River, from her own bandwagon, writes:
Look how many jumped on the band wagon to defend him.
BUT...she had a guy that repeatedly harassed her for months and called her names but that was ok in their eyes.
Oh but he was speaking the truth...He doesn't take crap from women...on and on...it was all justifiable to them.
Because they didn't like her....it's as simple as that.
Stripped down, this is really the core argument here. Not that it interests anyone, but this is my take..... I am not here a lot, but it doesn't take much reading to see that both NY58 and POYD were controversial posters, and there's nothing wrong with that. Not following threads every day, I don't know the origin of their animosity with each other. They seemed to be always fighting. That's why I never said anything about NY58/POYD. Mr. and Ms. Bickerson....I wasn't about to research their history to find out why. So you have one poster with a history of making controversial statements, often in the minority on things....(NY58), and another having a "tell it like it is" confrontational, some say angry...style (POYD). Ain't no way I'm touchin' that one...let 'em slug it out themselves.

But Henry is not NY58 nor POYD. He didn't make it a habit to get into brawls, and his style is generally respectful, even if he disagrees with someone. AGAIN, for those posts of his I've read. ....Yes, he seems to rub some the wrong way, for his "joie de vivre" style...and for the life of me, I don't understand that....more here should try that, maybe they would then not spend so much time here complaining about things.... These things ..AND the fact that folks are reading WAY too much into his "respect" statement is why I chimed in on Henry's defense. As Taylor Swift would sing...Chimers gonna chime, chime, chime......

But the net-net, is I'd hate to see NY58 or Henry leave or get bounced. Sorry to see POYD and HS gone. They add interest and some life to the forum.

Carry on.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 383
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2018 6:00:50 PM
SS45, with pig, it could have started because I felt whoever asks a person on a date, they should typically pay. For people like pig that don't date, or not that I've ever seen, they don't know what is normally done. Even though I say I entertain at my house and I don't ask the man for half the cost of the dinner I just made, it was still an issue for him that he blew it into epic proportions.

Then Halcyon jumped in to say how her and her boyfriend are always splitting things which I don't believe for one freaking minute. When you have to look and think he paid $10 and this bill is 20 so maybe he should pay a $20 bill next or does he owe me $10, that's just craziness, LOL. I didn't find any of her posts interesting and in fact, she would be considered a cyber-stalker which includes a person that does things to humiliate people like when she was reverse searching a picture of mine, trying to say look everyone, her pictures are old! But maybe the dumba@ss never looked at my caption on the picture where it's clearly stated it was old and it wasn't to show what I looked like because that wasn't clear, it was to show activities I do. It's really none of her business anyway.

I have no idea what that pig thread illustrated, except saying things like:
Let a man talk about what a woman "should do", and he'll be met with comments from the twat brigade along the lines of "OMG!! How dare you!!! Chauvinist!!!! Patriarchy!!...blah, blah, blah!!"

Or this to a woman:
It's also "funny" how you haven't presented one iota of evidence to support your claim of anyone bullshitting. You're just running your fat f*cking mouth.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 384
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2018 6:29:33 PM
Mustang, When I tried ignoring him, then I got barraged with, oh-so you're not responding? It was tiresome, and I was not enjoying being a target of his, but I refused to be beaten down by him to not speak or maybe he hoped he'd drive me off.

I don't want to make a more of this than it is, but I'll lay out the scenario and let you decide if you think I was having a good time for the last several months continuing from last year. I had a very ill dog that had to pee every 2 hours, which included throughout the night. She could barely stand, and needed me to hold her up. I had 0 to 1 hour sleep every night and so when I found the forums and thought it would be entertaining to join, it wasn't so entertaining when Pig returns and decided he was going to a batter me around every day.

I was sick every day from not getting any sleep and from worry about my dog. She had many peeing accidents and still does where I wake up to find she is peeing in her bed, because of the onstart of dementia and having to jump out of bed to wash her bed and blankets and then she's damp so at 5 in the morning I'm giving her a bath and doing laundry. This was pretty much the same thing everyday. With all the stress I had, no, it wasn't a joy to get online and see Pig had something new to say to me. I was starting to think maybe the poor guy is lonely or something and looking for attention. We all have issues, so I never came back hard on him and let him have it like anyone else would have. It wasn't because I was enjoying our exchanges. He sounded messed up, so why dump on him?

It was very telling when he said he shuts woman down if they contact him and want to text and then he said he's even worse to them if they're attractive looking. So basically, his goal is to Target women and take his wrath out on them. There is something wrong with an individual that is like this. This isn't normal behavior.
 ohenryx
Msg: 385
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2018 6:52:46 PM

NewYorker58
It's funny that my asking Henry a question about his use of words is an issue, yet it was crickets when halcyon picked on Henry for no reason, telling him he wears mom jeans.

whiterose0
Regarding NewYorker58’s comment in message 324 - I'd be interested to see ohenryx come forward and point out where halcyon picked on him and accused him of wearing "mom jeans". This looks suspiciously like another case of projection on NewYorker58’s part, and a way to get in another dig at him.

whiterose0
NewYorker58, I couldn’t find anywhere in the forums where a mean-spirited comment was made about ohenryx’s pants, except coming from another male poster.

Whiterose, you are correct. I directed a rather strong comment at a younger man, telling him (basically) to man up and quit whining. He came back at me with the comment about the “mom jeans”. After that, GTO and I were joking about what exactly constituted mom jeans.

Not that HS and I didn’t have our differences from time to time, but mostly it stayed reasonably polite.

I don’t recall ever attacking NY58, although I did state a couple of times that I thought she might be suffering from MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder). I swear to god, I thought for a while there were two different people posting using the one account.

I do wish to offer my sympathies to NY58 for her dog. I am a dog lover from way back, and I know what it’s like trying to decide when the end should be. Very, very tough. My yellow lab was just diagnosed with lymphoma, and this is going to be a difficult road to go down. I will make the decision based on her health and well being, what is best for her. “Quality of life.” I wish the medical profession would do that with people, but they don’t seem to have gotten that memo. We handle end of life for our pets better than we do for our parents. Damn sorry state of affairs, if you ask me.
 cooldog65
Msg: 386
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2018 6:56:13 PM

The question is, which one is the bait and which one is the baiter?

In my opinion, the baiter can throw out a subtle jab/dig that may go unnoticed by most of the others. If the bait responds back harsher, then they are noticed. This isn't one sided.

Pig and Arlo went back and forth pretty hard, yet there are no accusations of stalking/bullying.
 Cynderella
Msg: 387
view profile
History
VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER
Posted: 4/17/2018 10:20:34 PM

You are Not going to like this but you were the worse where pig was concerned.

Please do explain Forumfairy???
 Whisky_River
Msg: 388
VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER
Posted: 4/18/2018 6:31:12 AM
I can kind of understand why some men backed Pig and his demeanor to an extent.
Something to do with being a 'mans man' of some sort.....or maybe he said the stuff they wish they had the balls to say...I don't know.
I don't understand why a woman would be attracted to any man... that can be verbally abusive, as consistently...as he was on here. I'm not just talking about NYorker or me...as we supposedly asked for it.
Maybe a young girl is attracted to that..I don't know.

Is it the fallback to ...some women really liking the bad boy image?
One minute he's calling someone a fat cow or whatever...then throws a flirt out and certain people would swoon...weird to me.
In my eyes, it's not a far leap for me to say ...all I could see was an abusive man.
JMO...
 forumfairy
Msg: 389
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2018 6:49:30 AM

Let a man talk about what a woman "should do", and he'll be met with comments from the twat brigade

You're just running your fat f*cking mouth.

Ah, now I know why you're such a nutzo.

These are just a few I didn't have to look very hard for. YET there are still people willing to defend this, justify it. Boggles my mind, wait, no it doesn't I know bullying when I see it and how it works. Bystanders pile on and agree with the bully because they themselves are afraid of becoming his next victim.

In my opinion, the baiter can throw out a subtle jab/dig that may go unnoticed by most of the others. If the bait responds back harsher, then they are noticed. This isn't one sided.
We don't get to make fun or harass someone, and when they get upset tell them its their fault. That's victim blaming. Anytime someone defaults to questioning or criticizing what a victim should or could do differently to prevent harm being done to them is participating in victim blaming. Bullying is never the targets fault. The responsibility always lies with the bully.

Pig and Arlo went back and forth pretty hard, yet there are no accusations of stalking/bullying.

Since Arlo often self identified as a shit disturber and told Pig he was cool, I think most people were aware it was more akin to the baiter bait you were speaking of. I'm not sure anyone took that all too seriously. If you did you should have reported him.

Forumfairy chimed:
She asked Henry a question, there really was no need for the posse to chime in.

Either you weren't paying attention or trying to take my words out of context. Pay attention, will you? That was my response to the cheerleading squad. Chime away BUT is cheerleading really necessary. It's ganging up on a poster and everyone knows it. {more bullying].

Please do explain Forumfairy???

C'mon Cindy, it didnt matter what he said you would agree with it. You are a smart lady and I know you have a mind of your own.

I really think by participating here all I'm doing is re victimizing NY. Its quite clear by those who want to challenge the definition of cyberstalking because it exposes the ugly truth. I nor NY made the definition up. It is what it is. The victim blaming and trying to justify the unjustifiable just confirms that to me. I understand you are afraid of becoming the next victim, this is why this crap persists.
Ny stated this was affecting her but still we have people arguing that it didn't or shouldn't. INSANE.
I'm done posting here because I think deep down most of you know the truth. I also think this is just giving the bullies crew who are still active another chance to revictimize her.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 390
some low opinions of some postings, some even lower
Posted: 4/18/2018 7:11:52 AM
"When I tried ignoring him, then I got barraged with, oh-so you're not responding?"

>>>I get it, I've been baited as well. sometimes I only poke the bear, I don't unlock its cage and climb in. The wonderful thing about internet forums is, when it gets too much, we can hit the off switch and walk away, unlike terrible coworkers or toxic family members. As others have said, "don't bait the trolls". but on the other side, we're human, we want to fire back. Everyone here is strangers i'll never meet due to distance, but still, we have an image in our mind of the person we want to be, and we don't want to see our own selves as a wimp who runs from a fight. And of course you had something going on in your life--I had to make decisions about both my parents, so I get it. Who knows what was going on in Pig's life--I asked him publicly before if his view on relationships came from a broken heart. I suggested that the s-tests he got put thru may have been spurred by women who thought his denial to give them a relationship was an s-test of its own.

Why do some people love those who "tell it like it is"? b/c its not aimed at them :) There's been a few men who've raised the topics P raised, and b/c they didn't look as good as he did, they got reamed for it. its pretty simple to me, but hey, I talk about the importance of being physically attractive, too. I've seen it in a variety of places repeat itself. I've seen female posters who got away with "Telling it like it is" b/c they were popular. and those who weren't, didn't. there's a lot of people chiming in, so its not in peoples' imaginations, something was going on, and its interesting there are men supporting the alleged man hater, and women supporting the alleged woman hater.

human nature is predictable. we don't think someone going after someone we don't like, to be a sign they are a bad person. We are loathe to pick on the popular kids. We don't like to think people who titillate us to be bad, just like we don't want to think cake and cookies should be avoided for our health. We aren't different from the posters who come in here blind about their love interest.
 reverendswine
Msg: 391
Posted: 4/18/2018 7:35:51 AM

Pig has been stalking me since his return

This is especially comical coming from a woman who not only created a thread about me, but has rambled NON-STOP about me in my absence, making ME the hot topic of the month in the process. Hell, maybe even the entire year or decade. Way to go!! The harder and longer you try to sell this "stalking" story, the more laughable it becomes. I've even had two different forumites message me in the past mentioning how often you responded to *my* posts to get my attention, so spare me the tiresome tales of bullshit. You have been a [b[willing participant in the shit slinging fests. Sorry, but you don't get to cry foul when someone slings it back harder and better than you can. You have also criticized the appearance of those in the profile review section, which is absolutely despicable.

What's wrong with saying menopausal groupies? I don't see anyone under 48 speaking up for him.

blackbeauty744 - age 26. mahwahgirl339114 - age 39. Furthermore, if anyone had called YOU a menopausal groupie, you would cry about it for the rest of the f*cking century.

Forumfairy, how many more times does it need to be stated SHE does more than her share of shit slinging, too?Hell, you've done some yourself. Here is a prime example, and boy, THIS ONE is a doozy! You made this blatantly anti-gay post to Backcreek, who never said a word to you.

Only thing worse than a White Knight is a gay White Knight. Oh brother!, is right.

Wow, being gay makes it worse! Let's see you talk your way out of this one, you sanctimonious, ass kissing, piece of shit.

we all know whoever got in a tiff with him would be ganged up on and reported by the groupies and mancrushers and they would be deleted.

Really?? Then how do you explain NewYorker still being here?? DUUUUHHHH!!!! Do yourself a favor and stop posting. I have ZERO respect for people who report. They ruin the forums, not me.
Speaking of which, did you all notice Arlo, Halcyon, and I were all deleted at around the same time? Yeah, nothing suspicious there!!

One minute he's calling someone a fat cow or whatever.

You are a damn liar. I have never called anyone here a fat cow. When all else fails, just make shit up, right?? One thing you and her other idiot defenders STILL aren't getting is, if I insult someone, you can bet your ass it's in retaliation. I've had too many peaceful debates with others for this steaming pile of BULLSHIT to be true.
 julystorm7
Msg: 392
Posted: 4/18/2018 7:50:38 AM
Holy crap. The villain returns for a sequel, lol.
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 393
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2018 8:59:27 AM
YAAAAAAAAYYYYY!
 whiterose0
Msg: 394
Posted: 4/18/2018 10:26:41 AM
Cooldog65 writes:

In my opinion, the baiter can throw out a subtle jab/dig that may go unnoticed by most of the others. If the bait responds back harsher, then they are noticed. This isn’t one sided.

Yes, I’ve witnessed this phenomenon many times in the forums over the years. The baiter goes unnoticed, while the bait gets called out.

Whisky_River writes:

I don’t understand why a woman would be attracted to any man... that can be verbally abusive, as consistently...as he was on here. I’m not just talking about NYorker or me...as we supposedly asked for it.

I can’t answer your first question. You were posting anonymously at the time; and in your opening post you scolded the men as if they were naughty children. You should have predicted that wouldn’t be well-received by Pig. He doesn’t tolerate women talking down to him.

MachIMustangII writes:

human nature is predictable. we don’t think someone going after someone we don’t like, to be a sign they are a bad person. We are loathe to pick on the popular kids. We don’t like to think people who titillate us to be bad, just like we don’t want to think cake and cookies should be avoided for our health. We aren’t different from the posters who come in here blind about their love interest.

In other words, it’s not necessarily because they like the so-called bully. It’s because they don’t like the person complaining about being bullied. This raises an interesting question. What do you think are the reasons behind the dislike?
 chameleonf
Msg: 395
Posted: 4/18/2018 10:47:11 AM

What do you think are the reasons behind the dislike?

Only a guess, but I'm thinking passive-aggressive style of baiting, to name the obvious. One would have to be a reader/poster of all posts in all threads to know if there were any other reasons. People don't generally go out of their way to dislike someone indiscriminately "just because" any more than they go out of their way to like someone indiscriminately "just because".
 reverendswine
Msg: 396
Posted: 4/18/2018 10:57:50 AM
"OMG!!!!! All I want is for the evil pig to leave me alone, and I'm going to prove it by continuing to post about him!!"
 cooldog65
Msg: 397
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2018 11:02:49 AM
^^^ Welcome back!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 398
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2018 2:26:50 PM
Mustang, telling it like it is or telling it from one's skewed perspective? It appears, going forward, no response is the best course of action. It feels childish to do. I'm no psychologist, and previously though polite replies were the adult thing to do and was not baiting, but it apparently doesn't apply here.

Henry, I had mentioned you said some things about me to make a point, but I don't hold it against you. Not a big deal. I'm sorry to see that your dog has lymphoma. There's another thread, "heartbreak", where Aqua went thru that with his dog. These are difficult times. I've never had a dog, never been in this awful position. My dog has a multitude of maladies, but she's not in pain.

I don't have experience with lymphoma, but I do know it's said starch feeds inflammation and it feeds cancer, for people and dogs. With kibble, there's no escaping carbs, even with grain-free. They swap out starchy grain with equally starchy veggies. I would find a low starch canned food, like Nature's Variety Instinct line. Buying online costs less. https://www.chewy.com/instinct-by-natures-variety-original/dp/148000. I've seen people use cannabis oil to try to keep it from spreading. Vets were talking quality of life over a year ago, erroneously, for my dog. You know your dog best.

My poor cousin's husband had mesothelioma. He went thru hell before he eventually died. I guess it's a slippery slope to put anyone in a position to say when it's time to pull the plug on someone, so it's at least good to state end-of-life wishes in print for one's self. I do think there are clear cut instances where people should be let out of their misery or if there's no chance of recuperating.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 399
Truth never damages a cause that is just., but time can wound all heels
Posted: 4/18/2018 3:48:52 PM
"What do you think are the reasons behind the dislike? "

>>I see the Great Offended have already posted what it is :) When we run out of topics on this site, its nice to clear the air with debates like this. Like Cham said, only a few people dislike someone b/c they just don't like how their face is structured.

The Pig is back again! He's acting restrained, which is smart, no sense putting fuel on a fire.

"telling it like it is or telling it from one's skewed perspective?"

>>the sad fact of life is, just how much of it is relative. One society's Freedom Fighter is their enemy's terrorist.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 400
view profile
History
Truth never damages a cause that is just., but time can wound all heels
Posted: 4/18/2018 4:11:10 PM
There is a really simple way to shut him down.

Don't respond to him.

Is that so hard? Judging by what I've seen, you can't. I generally ignore that fools posts. It's real easy to. Just learn to see his face first, and then say to yourself,

"Oh that a**hole's posting again. I'm not interested in reading gibberish. Next?"
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER