Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 26
view profile
History
VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWERPage 2 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I "think" women have the right to say no without harm being wished on them. Next, I think it's poor form to post her user name. You're a douch€ bag. Next, did you really believe you 2 were a good match? Next, were you looking for a man or a woman? That's a man, not that I'm judging your preferences.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 27
view profile
History
VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER
Posted: 3/30/2018 3:30:54 AM
If you have low self esteem, do something about it.
If you don't like message someone sends you, delete it, block them or report them and move on.

She put what she was interested in in a guy on her page, if you didn't read that well it's kind of on you.
She does sound like a jerk but a lot of people are jerks. Move on.
Flaming and shaming doesn't look good and probably won't actually do anything to fix the core issue which is your low self esteem.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/30/2018 4:11:33 AM

I "think" women have the right to say no without harm being wished on them. Next, I think it's poor form to post her user name. You're a douch€ bag. Next, did you really believe you 2 were a good match? Next, were you looking for a man or a woman? That's a man, not that I'm judging your preference.

Unf*ckingbelievable. I knew if there was going to be a lone idiot to defend this sorry excuse for a woman, it would be you. She went far beyond saying no, and you god damn well know it. You would be singing a completely different tune if this had been a man who rejected a woman in the same manner.

You are one horrible human being, and you don't stand a chance in hell of ever being in a relationship again.

Flaming and shaming doesn't look good and probably won't actually do anything to fix the core issue which is your low self esteem.

Pot. Kettle. Black.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2018 6:35:16 AM

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Since when did I flame and shame another user? lol Ridiculous
Also I'm a girl so low self esteem is more acceptable ;3
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2018 7:21:22 AM

Acceptable? By whom? For whom?
Not funny to say the least.
Low self worth is not desirable for anyone, by anyone.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2018 8:33:25 AM

I "think" women have the right to say no without harm being wished on them. Next, I think it's poor form to post her user name. You're a douch€ bag. Next, did you really believe you 2 were a good match? Next, were you looking for a man or a woman? That's a man, not that I'm judging your preferences.

Of course women have the right to say no without harm being wished on them.
But, seriously, her response was harsh and unnecessary.
What's wrong with "thank you for your message, I don't think we're compatible, but good
luck with your search"?
No need for women to be douche bags either..sheesh.
In this case, I think no reply would have been the best reply.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/30/2018 8:43:54 AM

Since when did I flame and shame another user? lol Ridiculous

It wasn't other users, but we've read countless posts from you criticizing the men you've been with. The men you've willingly given your time even after they shit on you. One "victimization" story after another.

Now, we have an incident here where a *man* was a victim (and was able to irrefutably prove it) of shitty behavior for simply contacting a woman. He shared the story and was subjected to hypocritical bullshit from you and NewYorker. You'll notice NewYorker didn't say one f*cking word about the woman's behavior or how wrong it was. Her focus was on attacking the OP and pointing out how "wrong" he was.

Between the two of you, a woman can NEVER be guilty of wrongdoing no matter what the circumstances.

So f*cking pathetic.

This is exactly the kind of shit that makes my stomach churn. Women like you will sing about equality from the mountain tops, but also want to play the "but I'm just a girl" special treatment card when it's convenient. Total bullshit.

Pick a side and stick with it. You can't have it all.
 julystorm7
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/30/2018 10:09:24 AM
It's true that many men find low self-esteem in a woman desirable but it's only because they want the power over that woman and it's much easier to control a woman if she has the low-esteem. He can treat her like crap and she'll put up with it because she thinks that's what she deserves. Men can be the same way but power isn't necessarily the motive for a woman who goes for guys with low self-esteem. The woman wants to feel like the better one and often she's after money and control.

Everybody suffers from poor self-esteem at times in their life. Some people tend to bring out the worst. There was one guy I was talking to online and I really liked him and agreed to meet but 10 minutes before we were to meet he texted me something along the lines of "Just so you know. I won't be at Timmies when you get there. I don't know how you thought a guy like me would ever be interested in an ugly ass like you." The words stung, I cried but the more I thought about it the more I wondered if the guy was one of my ex's friends or maybe he was a guy who felt better about himself by tricking girls into liking him then saying cruel things to hurt them. Regardless, there are people out there who get off from hurting people's feelings. How you feel about yourself determines how much it negatively effects you.

I've developed a pretty thick hide over the years but there's still things that hurt me and that I'm insecure about. I'm overweight but in real life it doesn't bother me, just when it comes to online dating because looks matter a great deal. I also have 3 kids. I love them to pieces and I never regret having them. Yet when it comes to dating, I know it's not to my benefit. When guys tell me they aren't interested because I have younger kids, even though I understand it, it still hurts because it disappoints me. What you have to realize about yourself is what you have to offer and remember what those things are.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2018 12:15:23 PM
Sniff, sniff, I smell bacon sizzling. Pig, what woman are you talking about? He wrote to a man, and it was a MAN that gave him the sh!tty reply. With that said, it's refreshing to see you go after another man.

Should the trannie have responded that way, yeah, it was rude, but you can't control someone else's behavior, only your own. If I wrote to someone that looks to consider themselves glamorous, I would fully expect a similar reply, or "are you freaking kidding me?" This baby-faced OP is in his 50s, he's not some kid and should have known by the trannie's pics that he would not get a positive reply. Then to post her user name, I thought that was consider poor form?

I hath been blessed by God if my biggest issue in life is being in a relationship. Hallelujah
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/30/2018 1:30:28 PM
OP, I read her profile, as well. She's a nasty, self-entitled, gold-digging **** for sure---but on the other hand, she did warn you in her profile that she wasn't interested in men who couldn't take rejection:

5, men who can’t take rejection! Yup I’ve had all the insults now, and it doesn’t bother me what you say when I tell you your not my type! Accept it and be graceful please

If you have low self-esteem, this should have been a clue to you that she was not right for you, and that you shouldn't contact her. My advice to you is that in the future, you take the time to read profiles very carefully, and steer clear of contacting women whose criteria you don't meet.

In the meantime, I think you need to remove the screenshot from your profile. It can result in your profile being deleted by POF admin. Last but not least, you need to work on raising your self-esteem.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2018 2:46:26 PM

Next, I think it's poor form to post her user name. You're a douch€ bag.

OMG, you're basically warranting name-calling/trashing others.

It's true that many men find low self-esteem in a woman desirable but it's only because they want the power over that woman and it's much easier to control a woman if she has the low-esteem.

I don't think that's a trend at all. The popular reason many guys will chase a low self-esteem gal is because it gives them an "in" where she'd otherwise be out of his league. An "in" where giving her emotional comfort will seemingly give him a real chance. Some random gal who's not "hot" or out of his league, as a prospect for Real dating? Reading low self-esteem is a negative, not a positive to guys.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2018 4:12:25 PM

Reading low self-esteem is a negative, not a positive to guys.

Very well said, Norwegianguy, I will also add, this is true of both genders more often than not, such as who a person may be drawn to when forming a friendship. All that "birds of a feather", one seeks the company of others with similar self worth.

An abuser will sniff out someone with low self worth, giving them the opportunity to manipulate and control, a likely victim.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2018 4:17:42 PM
NG, I'm not talking behind someone's back and providing their profile. He wants feedback, he received it. He's too old to be crying about getting turned down by a stranger that he was targeting solely on her looks. The Trannie's response was rude, but so what, move on; the OP is in his 50s. He wasn't a good fit based on their profiles, and she/he thought the OP was wasting her/his time.

Instead of going after the trannie, why not give him advice, good advice?
 curvylady1965
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2018 5:05:45 PM
How do you see her/ his profile? When I search the username, it keeps prompting for other information I don't have.
I agree that it's good advice to read profiles first. If they say next to nothing, then whatever messages they get is on them. But if they spell things out pretty clearly and one still messages knowing they don't meet any of the parameters, that's on us.
 daynadaze
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2018 5:09:07 PM
It's one thing to post what she said, although I do not know why you would bother, but to post her username/the actual comment, nothing but hoping to get people to troll her. Move on.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2018 5:12:07 PM
her profile

https://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=174459875
 NewYorker58
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2018 5:15:29 PM
Curvy, I just put her name into a search and it comes up. You should see the biceps, forearms, on "her", in the long shot and it looks like she's hiding her Adam's apple. She has slim man hips, wide shoulders, some women do, but not like that. Her job is promoting like so many party gays do.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2018 5:30:50 PM
Thank you both Rise and New Yorker.
That's a very 'interesting' profile. Yikes. The words don't call out to me as someone I would like to get to know, but that's me.
New Yorker, I see what you mean. I'm not 100 percent certain but there is enough to wonder. Mind you, I have friends who have dated folks who have transitioned or are in the process so I guess it depends on what people are seeking. I also have female friends who have competed and won bodybuilding comps and they don't have those biceps without posing. Again, I'm sure there are differences.
 N2U18
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2018 5:33:18 PM
I will admit that her eyes are captivating, she knows it, but I understand how one could be curious.

OP, you didn’t do your due diligence!
Your message: “Hello how are you and what kinda guy you looking for” is answered in her profile.

She may have been rude but you’re partly to blame.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2018 6:00:03 PM
Curvy, I have a friend that's trans with a similar figure. I also have a body building female friend. There's a big difference in that her biceps don't look that big while not flexing.

I don't care that she's probably trans, but he's claiming the big bad woman hurt his feelings, but its not a woman being rude, it's a man.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 46
view profile
History
very low opinion of myself, and now its even lower
Posted: 3/30/2018 7:44:08 PM
"but on the other hand, she did warn you in her profile that she wasn't interested in men who couldn't take rejection:
5, men who can’t take rejection! Yup I’ve had all the insults now, and it doesn’t bother me what you say when I tell you your not my type! Accept it and be graceful please.
If you have low self-esteem, this should have been a clue to you that she was not right for you, and that you shouldn't contact her. My advice to you is that in the future, you take the time to read profiles very carefully, and steer clear of contacting women whose criteria you don't meet."

>>>I was about to post something quite similar, HS beat me to it. When a skunk raises its tail, I suggest one doesn't play with it like a kitty cat. Unless one has so low esteem as to seek out abuse. I agree with those who said the woman should have been more polite...however...we also should read profiles, and realize when someone is not in our league (And I don't mean just physical appearance. if you think someone's got more confidence than you do, then don't give them a chance to spit you out).

its a pity the OP got spat out. But he should move along and choose someone who's profile seems more accepting of someone who feels the way he feels about himself. I'm sure there's ladies like himself to date in his area.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2018 10:15:17 PM
First thing I'm going to say is "Yeup, OP is from UK.... and yet again, my opinion of Brits is reinforced.... " (and that's big considering I'm of British stock)

Next, while yes, she was a wee bit tactless in her reply.... I note that OP's tantrum and 'escalating' the tactless behaviours really doesn't do him any favors... as other people here have said - she already warned people in her profile about the type of person she seeks... and yet, OP did not heed that warning... so there's participation faults on his part too. '

Meanwhile, after a few days of several comments suggesting he remove the 'screenshot' of her reply, he still hasn't... and is hmmm, (despite his opening comments) maybe seeking pity folks?? I myself would 180 and run, FAST in the other direction if I saw that... what's to say he won't 'screenshot' anyything I said... even our 'bitter' comments here in the forums... could end up there....

OP self esteem comes within... there's a lot of us here who have had to 'fake it til we make it'... if your self esteem is that fragile, maybe online dating is not for you....
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2018 3:37:42 AM
I say old mum, that’s a bit offensive. What’s your now reinforced opinion of Brits? (just curious)

I’m surprised more guys aren’t talking about leagues and numbers in this thread.
Regardless I think the reply she sent was nasty.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/31/2018 4:36:57 AM

(Wilbur) What a vile sack of shit. I hope she gets pumped and dumped by a player.

(*ahem*) You rang?

Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/31/2018 4:44:59 AM

(NY58) I "think" women have the right to say no without harm being wished on them.

I agree. But, she didn't just say no. She used her time to needlessly savage OP, for the high crime of expressing interest.

(NY58) Next, I think it's poor form to post her user name. You're a douch€ (sic) bag. Next, did you really believe you 2 were a good match?

Welp, there's only one way to find out, and that's by initiating contact.

Next, were you looking for a man or a woman? That's a man, not that I'm judging your preferences.

BS. If you weren't judging, you wouldn't have even mentioned it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER