Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cynderella
Msg: 51
view profile
History
VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWERPage 3 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

You're a douch€ bag.

I really don't think calling the OP a douchbag was very lady like.
As for the response from the message receiver....inaproperate.
A simple no thanks would have sufficed.
Being a tranny?
Who knows....can't say one way or the other.
Regardless who cares....the response was rude.
OP sorry for your luck but I am with many of those that say...work on your issues it will help in the long run.
All the best.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 52
VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER
Posted: 3/31/2018 5:47:07 AM

She used her time to needlessly savage OP

Yeh I’d have some encouraging and supportive words for OP. But, while he didn’t make the comment [Pig’s] he agreed with it. So maybe like attracts/is attracted to like.

You rang?

“There's a worm in the ground, yes there is
That's right
He is six feet down
Six feet down
He only comes around
When he wants to get down
But when he comes out of his hole
He sounds something like this
Oh that's funky, that's funky
Like nine cans of shaving powder, that's funky
Come on with it again fellas, come on with it”
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/31/2018 5:51:44 AM

(NY58, opining about the once-upon-a-time object of OP's desire) That's a man ...

Even if true, it must burn like *HELL* knowing that s/he is WAAAY better-looking than you. S/he may be ugly on the inside; but, you are on *BOTH* the inside, *AND* outside.

Given the choice between you and the OP's paramour, based solely on looks, I'd choose her 10 times out of 10. If she did turn out to be a guy, I'd work out a solution for the pesky little problem of there being one too many penises in the relationship. I'm inventive that way...
 purplerider1200
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2018 6:05:37 AM
That's a guy? (!!!)

If it is- I'm *ammed impressed. The photos are good, but the profile would make me say "Happy hunting". Go play your games with somebody else.

I've seen women with manly arms, narrow hips, and broad shoulders before. Almost always, however, it's been only one of, not a combination of all, on one woman. So, yes, the deck is stacked, and the plumbing could be incorrect.

Now, you tossed your picker out the window on that one. Unless you have Harold Marshal's money, and want someone like Anna Nicole-Smith, you didn't stand a snowball's chance with that one. I'll freely admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but at least I'm not going bear hunting with a switch.

You didn't deserve a nasty reply, but you got one. Put it as a learning experience, and move on.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2018 6:12:44 AM

It wasn't other users, but we've read countless posts from you criticizing the men you've been with. The men you've willingly given your time even after they shit on you. One "victimization" story after another.

Now, we have an incident here where a *man* was a victim (and was able to irrefutably prove it) of shitty behavior for simply contacting a woman. He shared the story and was subjected to hypocritical bullshit from you and NewYorker. You'll notice NewYorker didn't say one f*cking word about the woman's behavior or how wrong it was. Her focus was on attacking the OP and pointing out how "wrong" he was.

Between the two of you, a woman can NEVER be guilty of wrongdoing no matter what the circumstances.

So f*cking pathetic.

Dude he outright called a user out and posted screen shot that included her name. It's against the rules, as far as I'm aware.
I can whine about whomever I want if I leave their identity anonymous ;)

Hardly hypocritical. He was acting immature and trying to get revenge over a little thing. I've literally had a guy stalk me down and knock on houses in my area trying to find me, you don't see me whining like a baby on here do you? and people calling me racist and weird crap. The key is to toughen the shit up baby.

This is exactly the kind of shit that makes my stomach churn. Women like you will sing about equality from the mountain tops, but also want to play the "but I'm just a girl" special treatment card when it's convenient. Total bullshit.

Pick a side and stick with it. You can't have it all.

I hardly even have low self esteem, I don't know where you got that from.When did I 'sing' aka whine about equality, only one whining is you. lol
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2018 7:44:40 AM
^^^^^^^^^^

Ignore him Sienna. I have no idea what happened in his life that he turned into such an asshole, he didn't used to be like that. Have you noticed in most of his posts he attacks women? Might change now I've made this post.
 Nestaron
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/31/2018 8:39:53 AM

Dude he outright called a user out and posted screen shot that included her name. It's against the rules, as far as I'm aware.

So is trolling, flaming, swearing, to list a few other things against the rules. Don't preach rules when everyone breaks them why not go and attack those ladies with name calling and insulting when they say sh!t about guy!!! I don't see that sh!t happening a simple shouldn't do that on forums is all they get hypocritical bullsh!t on how women really are. And you think us guys don't see that kinda behaviour and think wtf is that we do. A woman fires a me she knows damn well I will give it back and have no problems in doing it, that lady/man whatever cousin it for all I care deserved it so deal with it.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2018 10:28:09 AM

NG, I'm not talking behind someone's back and providing their profile.

He wasn't talking "behind her back" any more than any other story on here. Putting a user name on here of who you're referencing to (must be gone now), doesn't automatically make it talking behind one's back on a forum that's hardly used. I understand the forum 'rule' not to, of one who Doesn't use the forums, because although it can be warranted, harmless, or whatever much of the time -- it's not always going to be that way.

He's too old to be crying about getting turned down by a stranger that he was targeting solely on her looks.

He wasn't merely turned down. He was Laughed at, then laughed at harder being polite afterwards. Big Difference than being turned down or no-response. That said though, he's got a Really Sad profile -- and his attitude/mentality about himself in general. That part, yes, should be criticized -- for him to wake up and not be wallowing in sorrow. Does ya no good, trying to get sympathy from others (I'm assuming that's his angle; it's Way over-cooked on his profile)

An abuser will sniff out someone with low self worth, giving them the opportunity to manipulate and control, a likely victim.

I would say one of the reason that Abusers flourish in society more than they should -- for the vast majority, it's not quite like that. They're not consciously sniffing out / hunting for low self-worth in others. So they think "Well, that's not me," and understandably not identifying with the disgusted view of them in that common way. They just gravitate & "click" well with those with a low self esteem. I think for a vast majority, they don't consciously know "I get a gal with low self esteem, I can use her much easily." Instead, it's more like "I don't like those independent gals who think they're all that," and they aren't conscious in how they Really are in general when they get settled into a dating relationship -- and don't make the conscious connection that they click better with low-self-esteem because they "get their way" easier.

Analogy: A gal who gets upset because she always ends up with Players, and doesn't know why. She doesn't understand that she gravitates toward them, and that is what she really wants. She just doesn't like it in the End, because the Player isn't going to be monogamous for very long.
 forumfairy
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2018 12:56:13 PM
Buddy, you must be realistic, if you're going to try to punch way above your league you better be prepared for disappointments. What works for me is If I see a lady I might be interested in I look in the mirror and ask myself, Fairy, can I honestly say I think I'm in the same league as this chick? If Fairy answers no, I move along. I message women I think I might have a reasonable chance with. If the hotties message me well dang, it must be my birthday or something.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 60
view profile
History
very low opinion of myself, and now its even lower
Posted: 3/31/2018 6:33:59 PM
Roxy:
I say old mum, that’s a bit offensive. What’s your now reinforced opinion of Brits? (just curious)

see... another Brit complaining... lol

My comment was in response to another brit boy from Leeds complaining about things on PoF (in another thread)
so while the 'good' Brits are 'few and far between'... (down here in Aus) most of them are just whining....

Now back to topic... I note that yet another day on, OP still hasn't removed his screenshot - despite best advise... so was he really complaining or seeking pity.... (as mentioned before, I avoid those types of "feel sorry for me" profiles...)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2018 7:04:36 PM
NG, no, it wasn't nice, but he's 53 years old! I think his response is exaggerated for the experience he had. He's overreacting. And, he is wrong to post her user name. God only knows what else he may have done. She probably blocked him by now.

Evolution, you're painting Brits with a wide brush. How long have you been on POF? Show me a guy that's not whinging. It's not a Brit thing.
 CBGB77
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2018 8:07:35 PM
She called him Shirley.
 cooldog65
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2018 8:35:23 PM
Interesting profile from the subject of this thread...

About Me
i Know what I want and I know what I don’t want, however we all want the tall, dark handsome witty guy! So easier to list what I don’t want

1, no married guys! Can’t be a***d with the drama that comes with you! Fix yourself before you start looking to date!
2, men who wear jewellery! It’s a massive turn off and chavy as hell, and mid-life crises
3, no younger men in they 20’s and 30’s pretending to be older so you can message middles aged women! You little sicko’s
4, short men! I just don’t want to be taller than you in my heels sorry!
5, men who can’t take rejection! Yup I’ve had all the insults now, and it doesn’t bother me what you say when I tell you your not my type! Accept it and be graceful please
6, men who need they ego building! No thank you, you have to love the skin your in before you can love another, and I’m not one for giving compliments anyway
7, no one who can’t afford a meal out or expect a woman to go Dutch, I have old fashioned values and believe a man should always look after the lady, on nights out and weekends away, you get back what you put in, in other ways guys;-)

I could go on, but I’m sure you guys just look at my pictures anyway

A grammatical nightmare with a heavily filtered main pic.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/31/2018 11:48:01 PM

see... another Brit complaining... lol

touché.......Jessi that did make me laugh :)

Thing is after reading that awful ‘about me’ I’m left wondering how she ever gets a date. She must, else the profile would change. Apparently for all her flaws she’s right:

you guys just look at my pictures anyway

So the guys entertaining this entitled shit need a talking with too.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 65
but not low enough i won't try a blonde out of reach
Posted: 4/1/2018 4:54:28 AM
"An abuser will sniff out someone with low self worth"

>>>sometimes, they'll try their attacks on a variety of people and judge the responses. A male poster, for example, might turn misogynist and start posting nasty assumptions about women in general that he used to not do. Some ladies will refuse to rise to the bait, and others will give him what-for. Abusers may or may not consciously seek out a victim, or they may just treat everyone the same and as a result, find those who don't fight back nor walk away from the behavior...and that person is the proper victim for them.

I say that only b/c in life, I've had idiots "ping" me like sonar looking for a submarine, and if I gave them the right sign, they left me alone to pick on someone else. Not sure all abusers act the same way. NG talked about women who have too many players in their lives--take a close look, the women play a lot of games themselves (s-test, etc). A woman who wins against the players, isn't unhappy. a woman who loses to players? very unhappy. But she'll keep going after them, b/c she loves the game of love.

forumfairy is correct, we all have to look at a profile and be honest with ourselves--are we in their league or not? the woman's profile that cooldog posted, its obviously quite demanding. but if "this entitled Shyte" does find the man who fits it...they probably get along fabulously. We may hate people who have demanding lists, but they are doing us a favor--if we don't fit, we can avoid the potential for a stinging response.

in her profile, she blatantly claims:

"Yup I’ve had all the insults now, and it doesn’t bother me what you say when I tell you your not my type! Accept it and be graceful please
6, men who need they ego building! No thank you, you have to love the skin your in before you can love another, and I’m not one for giving compliments anyway"

--whether you are English or Australian or American, the language is rather clear. Those who trespass here, shall be shot.

should one of us email the profile holder in question, a link to this thread so she has a chance to tell us her end? I don't know if it would be fair or polite, but it may be interesting.
 dpwesu
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/1/2018 5:01:22 AM
Well I think I can speak for the vast majority of those who sent thoughtful and nice messages only to be blasted or totally ignored. I have had it happen many times out here.

Remember.......people can be whomever they choose to be online.

You need to have a VERY thick skin out here in the dating cesspool.

You have to be happy with yourself in order to welcome someone into your life.

and it really isn't a good idea to have screen shots of derogatory messages on your profile or anywhere else on this site.
 HanoverFella
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/1/2018 5:23:33 AM
Well after checking out your pics again, I can understand why she’s a bit shocked and confused you would expect a relationship with her, you definitely haven’t put your best foot forward as far as good pictures of yourself, perhaps the money on tattoos should have been better used on a gym pass.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2018 5:42:03 AM
newYorker:
you're painting Brits with a wide brush. How long have you been on POF? Show me a guy that's not whinging. It's not a Brit thing.

Oh darl’n... how long have I been here? I’m gutted, totally... (kindly note sarcasm)... at least a good three years under ‘this’ profile..... probably following the forums a good six or seven years..... I guess I slipped by your radar with all that beautiful PNWscenery and your arguments with the Trout guy.... anyway, as I said... originally... I am of British stock.... first born Aussie of English parents... I Weird that brush well....

Roxy:
touché..... Jessi that did make me laugh :)

As I said Roxy... the “good” Brits are few & far between... (as are the good of “any” culture)... some of my friends in NI almost have me cashing in my British by Descent ticket and moving over.... almost... lol (and it wouldn’t be for the menfolks either)
 2ufo
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2018 7:19:59 AM

...on the other hand, she did warn you in her profile that she wasn't interested in men...

I don't think he bothered reading the profile.

About Me
i Know what I want and...

Oh. She took out the part about not dating 'round' guys that was there earlier.
Yes, OP definitely ignored at least three warnings that his email wasn't going to be warmly received and reciprocated.

Anyway, I'll reiterate that her response was ruder than a one-time email deserves.
However, I agree with the people that say to read the blasted profile all the way through.

As Eleanor Roosevelt said...

‘No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.’

ETA: No, wait... that's Classynottrashy25 instead of classynotrashy2. So, funny - they look like sisters.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/1/2018 10:16:13 AM

If I wrote to someone that looks to consider themselves glamorous, I would fully expect a similar reply, or "are you freaking kidding me?"

Here's what you and others seem to be not getting. She could have opted not to respond. Novel idea, I know. However, she went out of her way to be a piece of shit.

and it was a MAN that gave him the sh!tty reply.

Prove it.

I hardly even have low self esteem, I don't know where you got that from

Your posts. Many others have questioned your self-esteem multiple times as a result of them. Forum search is your friend. Don't play stupid here.

and trying to get revenge over a little thing.

What? Show me precisely where he spoke of himself or requested anyone else taking any sort of retaliatory action. He posted the screenshot to serve as proof and probably didn't think of omitting the name.

It's against the rules, as far as I'm aware.

Please. Everyone breaks "the rules". It's hilarious to see you and others decide which ones matter and which don't. Frankly, anyone who gives a shit about *any* of them at this juncture should be thoroughly embarrassed.

Ignore him Sienna. I have no idea what happened in his life that he turned into such an ***hole, he didn't used to be like that. Have you noticed in most of his posts he attacks women? .

Are you serious, Sink_Below_This?? You're going to step up and play white knight with this bullshit claim? Let me clue you in on something. Women are to be defended when they're right, not wrong. I know men like you believe your valiant pseudo-heroics will dazzle the panties off of women, but that's rarely what happens. Instead, you are the eternal purse holders.

Might change now I've made this post

Yeah, between your ultra-convincing internet badassery and my deep-seated concern over what (mostly) strangers on an internet forum think of me, I'm trembling as I rethink my posting future, Chuck Norris.

Sit your silly ass down.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/1/2018 10:38:01 AM
Just as an aside...

I wrote a brief email to the object of Opie's lust, informing her that she was the subject of a thread, not mentioning NY58's hypothesis that "she" was actually "he". It appears that it was "Unread/Deleted". Oh, well, no good deed goes unpunished... let the slagging continue...
 2ufo
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2018 10:54:48 AM
That's so sad. I was hoping to hear her side of this kerfuffle.

Oh, you could have gotten back a nastygram.
On the other hand, it does mean that she at least read OP's original email.
Perhaps he should count that as a plus in the self-esteem column.
 ohenryx
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2018 12:33:28 PM

TPOYD
Instead, you are the eternal purse holders.

Hey, careful with that! I have held a lot of purses in my time. Nothing wrong with that, as long as you’re holding their panties while you’re at it!

Very strange thread here. Very. I finally went and looked at the woman’s profile. I was particularly struck by this:

7, no one who can’t afford a meal out or expect a woman to go Dutch, I have old fashioned values and believe a man should always look after the lady, on nights out and weekends away, you get back what you put in, in other ways guys;-)

That is just wrong, and I am not going to go there. Now or ever. Yes, it is very often true, but it is NOT something you’re supposed to advertise. And when you see a woman advertising it, you know, positively, that she has no class.

Yes, she’s attractive, I would take her out and attempt to boff her brains out. But I would never “date” her, if you get my drift.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2018 2:57:46 PM
Well PullOnYourDick my apologies I didn't realise you were a stupid asshole. If I was playing white knight I would have quoted you or her. Though my first sentence explains why you couldn't figure that out? What I did PullOnYourDick is call you out for the asshole you are. I've been wondering why you hate women and turned into a troll. Could it be you've become impotent and can't PullOnYourDick. This is my opinion but I'm thinking a lot of other people think you're an asshole too.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/1/2018 3:03:11 PM

That is just wrong, and I am not going to go there. Now or ever. Yes, it is very often true, but it is NOT something you’re supposed to advertise. And when you see a woman advertising it, you know, positively, that she has no class.

At least she's honest about being a low-level prostitute. You can say what you want about her, but you can't fault her for her honesty.

Yes, she’s attractive, I would take her out and attempt to boff her brains out. But I would never “date” her, if you get my drift.

Too bad you can't contact her to find out if she'd let you do either. It would have been an interesting story.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER