Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forumfairy
Msg: 151
view profile
History
VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWERPage 7 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

but it just didn't 'soak in' to him as he just breezed thru it, and he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

He didn't need to read it, all he had to do was look in the mirror. He's being delusional if he somehow thinks a 10 is going to give a 2 the time of day.

Very true. Because it can make one with thin skin be WTF like she was.

Or post someones profile on your own and name and shame like he did.

I think for her though it's not quite like that, tho. For guys, it's much worse. Writing-no-reply/turned-down is piled on like crazy.

Only if your too obtuse to learn quickly to stay within the range of women you actually have a chance with. I learned really quickly the first time I tried online dating where my line was drawn. As soon as I accepted where my sweet spot was my prospects and luck went up exponentially.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 152
view profile
History
VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER
Posted: 4/3/2018 1:35:26 PM
I think you should go after what you want.
I don't think anyone is out of my league...unless I put them there.
Any why shouldn't a "10" give someone the time of day?
She could have not responded or just thanked him and moved on.
She chose to be offended because he DARED think she'd stoop
so low.

She sounds like a shitty person.
Someone who could have made someone's day with a kind word
and instead chose to be a ****.
 forumfairy
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 2:10:19 PM

I think you should go after what you want.

You are free to go after whoever you like. Just don't get your nose all out of joint when they turn you down.

I don't think anyone is out of my league...unless I put them there.

You may not think they are out of your league, but they have every right to think you are not in theirs.

Any why shouldn't a "10" give someone the time of day?
Most women or men for that matter arent going to want to date someone who is so opposite on the scale. Just the way it is. Attractive people tend to have options, those options dont usually include ugly people.

She could have not responded or just thanked him and moved on.
She chose to be offended because he DARED think she'd stoop
so low.

She could have but she didn't. It was crude but effective.

Someone who could have made someone's day with a kind word
and instead chose to be a ****.

Welcome to the real world. He also could have chose to suck it up and move on and not put her on blast. He sounds like quite the gem himself.
 Nestaron
Msg: 154
Posted: 4/3/2018 2:21:48 PM
Being mean and saying stuff to someone you know in a "personal" message is not something that should hit the entire world hello! You know the term private conversation is called private message for a reason. Is she right in that action? No of course not she could have been a lot nicer, was he right in posting? No it was a private message and personal should be kept between the 2 consenting adults. The people here were also in the wrong for messaging her because they had "no intention" on dating her, wasting her time to look or read messages maybe to think potential date getting her hopes up to feel rejected in the same message as a possibility now that is just as bad.

She is mean no doubt about it. <---- Sensitivity training might be required
OP is a whiner who can't handle rejection regardless of how it's given anyways. <--- Self-esteem programs and confidence building definitely required
People who messaged her are flakes. <------ Sorry there is no help for you as you have to want to change yourself and I don't see it in your future.

All three culprits have been weighed measured and they are truly left wanting!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 2:31:31 PM

You are free to go after whoever you like. Just don't get your nose all out of joint when they turn you down.

I'm an adult.
I don't get my nose all out of joint when I'm turned down.
I do however get pissy when people are rude, mean or crude just
because they can be.
I can't be bothered to cut and paste and quote each line.
My post as it is stands.
The real world doesn't have to be full of shitty people.
Sorry yours seems to be.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 2:37:48 PM
Nicely written, Nest. Contact her hear her pov? We know how she feels, we've seen her written word. Asking her to come here is obviously to beret her.

ForumFairy, I agree. If I contacted men, I'd stay in my own lane. Do I even desire someone out of my league, no. I'd be more happy with someone that thinks I'm the best thing since pepperoni pizza🍕
 et_non
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 2:40:24 PM
I can't picture them as a couple, their lifestyles seem completely out of sync. They'd pull in different directions.
Something would have to give, invariably it would be him. The OP must be a glutton for punishment going after a woman like that, he'd spend his life trying to please her and keep her affections.
The relationship (if it happened) would be wholly one sided.

A little bit of common sense doesn't go amiss, a couple would roughly have to be a the same stage in life, share the same goals and be going in a similar direction before they would realistically have any chance of going anywhere.
 forumfairy
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 2:53:54 PM

I'm an adult.
I don't get my nose all out of joint when I'm turned down.

I was speaking in a general way , not you specifically. There are quite a few people who get their nose out of joint when they're turned down. Opie, being one.

The real world doesn't have to be full of shitty people.
Sorry yours seems to be.

Actually, my world is quite fine. I don't punch above my weight class then complain how mean these hotties that don't want me are.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 159
Posted: 4/3/2018 3:06:48 PM
IMHO, The OP knew exactly what he was doing and sent the message to bait the woman.
Such as, "Looky here ****, who the hell do you think you are?"
IMHO, She took the bait.

If no one else has noticed her pic /screen shot / the page with message remains on his profile.

3/29/18

it was posted just to highlight the vile woman and also to vent a little bit
I'll leave it up a bit longer and then I'll remove it all

He has gotten a lot of mileage in 6 days, dont'cha think?
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 160
Posted: 4/3/2018 3:13:09 PM

Actually, my world is quite fine. I don't punch above my weight class then complain how mean these hotties that don't want me are.

Just because some people aren't bright enough to grasp when others are out of their league, doesn't mean they deserve to be treated rudely.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 161
Posted: 4/3/2018 3:16:01 PM
"He's being delusional if he somehow thinks a 10 is going to give a 2 the time of day."

>>>when nearly every pic on your profile is titled, "here's my ugly mug", its likely you're fishing for someone to lift you up. Maybe they are two peas in a pod--seeking confirmation from others.

"I can't picture them as a couple, their lifestyles seem completely out of sync. They'd pull in different directions. Something would have to give, invariably it would be him. The OP must be a glutton for punishment going after a woman like that, he'd spend his life trying to please her and keep her affections. The relationship (if it happened) would be wholly one sided."

>>>true, the one with the least to lose, calls the shots.
 forumfairy
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 3:22:40 PM

Just because some people aren't bright enough to grasp when others are out of their league, doesn't mean they deserve to be treated rudely.

They don't deserve to be treated rudely but they shouldn't really be all that surprised when they are.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 163
Posted: 4/3/2018 4:36:31 PM

They don't deserve to be treated rudely but they shouldn't really be all that surprised when they are.

If they're not bright enough to grasp when others are out of their league, they're not going to be bright enough to anticipate how others will treat them.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 4:51:01 PM

He's being delusional if he somehow thinks a 10 is going to give a 2 the time of day.

She did give him the time of day -- in a bad way. And he probably did figure she'd turn him down and ignore -- but the way she did it was not effective (for herself - ha!), and completely unnecessary. Her ignoring it would have been better -- she wouldn't have gotten a 2nd message.

Or post someones profile on your own and name and shame like he did.

Well, she's got the way thinner skin, reacting how she did. She wins the baby award doing that. I think she Deserved that, sorry... but at the same time, sure, he could use some thicker skin by getting too bent out of shape about it (in expressing himself here in the forums).

Only if your too obtuse to learn quickly to stay within the range of women you actually have a chance with.

This being the side-topic of harder-for-men-vs-women in general -- no, it's going to be harder for men, no matter what. Even if their expectations are realistic. Not complaining/b!tching -- just pointing out a fact. It'd be harder for women if there was a 2.5:1 ratio of girls to guys, although not quite as bad the other way around, since guys are less picky than gals + make the first moves.

There are quite a few people who get their nose out of joint when they're turned down. Opie, being one.

Thing is though, it wasn't that he was merely turned down. If it was merely that, we would have seen about 100 posts like that of his before that one. :)
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 9:09:26 PM

Once again, the sloppy disconnect between what you *THINK*, and what you *SAY* is evident. You cannot prove that "multiple" people have messaged her: you have *ONE* self-confessed emailer (yo!).

Stop being dumb. If you can't, you might wanna stop talking. Guys don't like dumb girls.

Dude multiple people here were talking about either trying to message her or that they did message her.
Ystill proved I'm right, so butthurt.
 ohenryx
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 10:00:02 PM

forumfairy
Only if your too obtuse to learn quickly to stay within the range of women you actually have a chance with.

The hell you say. I’m old and fat and ugly and coarse and crude, but I have dated some very beautiful women in my time. And I expect to date some more before I’m done.

forumfairy
Most women or men for that matter arent going to want to date someone who is so opposite on the scale. Just the way it is. Attractive people tend to have options, those options dont usually include ugly people.

Wait a damn minute here – just who are you calling ugly? If you’re referring to the OP, you’re being very damn rude, but he is not my friend, so I will leave it alone. If you’re referring to Boo, she is my friend, and I’m going to have to call you out on that one. My seconds will call on your seconds, and I will see you at dawn. Swords or pistols, your choice.

NewYorker58
Do I even desire someone out of my league, no.

Well, I do! Most emphatically!
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 167
Posted: 4/3/2018 10:25:40 PM

Dude multiple people here were talking about either trying to message her or that they did message her. Ystill proved I'm right, so butthurt.

Not so fast... talking about trying to message her and actually doing it are two entirely different things. Who besides Arlo admitted he actually messaged her?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 10:54:09 PM
Henry, I know you do. But would you be upset like the OP in this scenario? I don't see a match on any level, and I'm not talking about how he looks, but how she looks with the effort she puts into herself. She could be insulted he didn't read her profile and/or doesn't care what she wants, so she mirrored that with her response.

If I was looking for quickies, it would be different. Men don't care if a woman is necessarily their equivalent then, in age, lets say. I'm 59, I already get messages from guys that are 50, early 50s.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 169
Posted: 4/4/2018 3:12:19 AM

(AT) Once again, the sloppy disconnect between what you *THINK*, and what you *SAY* is evident. You cannot prove that "multiple" people have messaged her: you have *ONE* self-confessed emailer (yo!).

Stop being dumb. If you can't, you might wanna stop talking. Guys don't like dumb girls.

(SiennaBear2) Dude multiple people here were talking about either trying to message her or that they did message her.

(Arlo rubs the bridge of his nose, heaves a heavy sigh, then tries again)

I see what I'm dealing with, here.

"Multiple" people talking about emailing her, is *NOT* evidence of *HAVING ACTUALLY DONE IT*.

Try to keep up, SiennaBear. This isn't Quantum Mechanics, here.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2018 4:02:25 AM
Lol dude you actually messaged her.
Either way point is, OP had bad intentions with showing her user name and screen shot of the chat
 forumfairy
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2018 5:01:39 AM

If they're not bright enough to grasp when others are out of their league, they're not going to be bright enough to anticipate how others will treat them.

Exactly the point I'm trying to make because here we are. Seriously, are you surprised? Buddy probably won't make the same mistake again, unless he's seriously stupid.

She did give him the time of day -- in a bad way. And he probably did figure she'd turn him down and ignore -- but the way she did it was not effective (for herself - ha!), and completely unnecessary.
No, you are mixing up a rebuke with the time of day. I have to disagree about it being ineffective for her. She isn't the one listening to him whine, WE are. I think It worked well for her and probably has in the past.

Well, she's got the way thinner skin, reacting how she did. She wins the baby award doing that.
Really!, he's the one here crying like a baby, NOT her. You are again mixing up terms, this time "thinner skin" with nipping him in the bud. I bet dollars to donuts he didn't send her any follow up "but why?" messages. I've got sisters, I totally understand why women have to go the direct route.

This being the side-topic of harder-for-men-vs-women in general -- no, it's going to be harder for men, no matter what. Even if their expectations are realistic. Not complaining/b!tching -- just pointing out a fact. It'd be harder for women if there was a 2.5:1 ratio of girls to guys, although not quite as bad the other way around, since guys are less picky than gals + make the first moves.

Since we aren't women I dont really think we can claim to know that men are going to have it harder when it comes to OLD. I suspect its hard for both genders. My guess is some men make it harder on themselves by delusionally thinking they can get what they CANT.

Thing is though, it wasn't that he was merely turned down. If it was merely that, we would have seen about 100 posts like that of his before that one. :)

This is exactly why I think she said what she said. Nipped it in the bud and quick.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 172
Posted: 4/4/2018 5:02:37 AM

(SiennaBear2) Lol dude you actually messaged her.

Yes. At the time of your allegation, I was the only one to have done so. I do not, by myself, constitute "multiple people".

(SiennaBear2) Either way point is, OP had bad intentions with showing her user name and screen shot of the chat

Ah-ah-ah, no shifting of goalposts allowed. You made an allegation which has been proven to be factually wrong.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2018 5:17:40 AM
That was the whole point of me even mentioning it. You're the one off on a tangent.
Point of the screen shot was to cause drama for the woman imo.
That's always the motive when people show screenshots basically of this nature
 forumfairy
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2018 5:18:18 AM

The hell you say. I’m old and fat and ugly and coarse and crude, but I have dated some very beautiful women in my time. And I expect to date some more before I’m done.

Good on you, Do you come here and make a thread a **** and complain when you get turned down?

Wait a damn minute here – just who are you calling ugly? If you’re referring to the OP, you’re being very damn rude, but he is not my friend, so I will leave it alone. If you’re referring to Boo, she is my friend,
Settle down, you're getting all worked up. I was merely stating the difference between a 2 and a 10. Are you going to argue there isn't a big gulf of attractiveness between opie and the object of his desire? Please point out where I said Boo was ugly? I will say though, if you want to participate in a forum you better be aware that people are going to sometimes jump on your posts. If you are going to get all butt hurt when they do that, maybe, you shouldn't participate. I will say this AGAIN. MY REBUTTAL TO BOO WAS IN A GENERAL SENSE. I was only answering her post.

Well, I do! Most emphatically!

Please don't come here and cry when you get a stern rebuking. Appears to be a few crybabies here.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 175
Posted: 4/4/2018 7:20:09 AM
"they're not going to be bright enough to anticipate how others will treat them."

>>>if they label most ads on their profile, "here's my ugly mug", they are bright enough to know. Or they think they know what others think of them, and are hoping beyond hope to find someone to tell them they are wrong about themselves.

I did try to msg her, but instantly got told she only accepts msgs from certain men, etc. I figure it would have been fair for her to come and give her side of the story...the entertainment would just be icing on the cake :) i'm betting other women would be irritated with what she had to say, but who knows, maybe she has a compelling argument for not refusing to let his email go unanswered. or maybe she knows him personally and there's more to the story he isn't telling, who knows.

"there isn't a big gulf of attractiveness"

>>>someone who focuses on their attractiveness, is likely to focus on that of their partner. My first gf was hot if you like skinny blondes (I like curvy women, but even I could see she was physically attractive even if not sexy to me with her small curves), but she was nuttier than squirrel poop. I snagged her only for the reason I ignored her, and the abuse at the hands of her daddy and step-daddy made her chase men who had no interest in her drama (she literally was the prez of the high school drama club) while ignoring those who put her on a pedestal.

she was fun to make out with at a party, but to date? total roller coaster. Some men will pay that bill, but I was out in a month (I only saw her on weekends). sometimes we get someone quite of our league for that reason. Sometimes, an attractive woman is just DTF and she wants a man who is comfortable and has personality and skill in bed, and looks will come second (for a while, maybe). But, people who are aware they can get the finer things in life...tend to, you know, take advantage of their abilities, whether its their brains or their looks or their parents' money.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER