Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > You know you are getting OLD when...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 from site to sight
Msg: 76
You know you are getting OLD when...Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
When you remember using a typewriter to write letters, reports. And using white-out to fix typing mistakes.
An electric typewriter was considered high tech.

When cleaning out an attic/storage area, and finding something you've had since the 70's, and it's now considered vintage collectible.
 MsMicki
Msg: 77
view profile
History
You know you are getting BOLD when...
Posted: 6/6/2018 7:34:43 PM

you no longer say,

"you know what I want to be when I grow up?"

and have replaced it with,

"you know you're getting old when..

uhm...I still say I don't know what I wanna be when I grow up....LOL
 cooldog65
Msg: 78
view profile
History
You know you are getting OLD when...
Posted: 6/6/2018 8:28:15 PM

When you realize that Saving Private Ryan came out 20 years ago!

As did "Saving Ryan's Privates"...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2018 9:58:49 PM
"Deep Throat", 46 years ago! "Debbie Does Dallas" updated, "Debbie Does Knee Replacements"☺
 reverendswine
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/7/2018 4:26:25 AM
- When you think the picture of you meeting Wayne Newton in Vegas would make a great POF default photo.

- When you throw your back out and suffer whiplash from just sneezing.

- When Betty White starts to seem fückable.
 whiterose0
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 9:40:23 AM
...when you stop shaving 20+ years off your age in your profile because you know you're not fooling anyone anymore.
 APRILIKESWHITEROSES
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/7/2018 9:42:35 AM
When you start to change your eating habits, something you like to eat before, now this same food does not fit your stomach and you get sick.!
 westy604
Msg: 83
Posted: 6/7/2018 5:48:33 PM
when she has you come over to her place and you both just sit on the couch and watch tv and no one makes a move...

and your'e both fine with it...lol
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/7/2018 7:36:35 PM
you remember how things used to be but you'll be damned if you remember yesterday.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 8:06:50 PM
It's 10:00 pm and in your younger days, you were just waking up to go out......but now, you're making a mad dash to go "beddy-bye."
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 8:56:33 PM
You know you're getting OLD when you keep repeating the same thing about "Who pays for a date" on 8 different threads.
 ohenryx
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 9:10:28 PM

reverendswine
- When you throw your back out and suffer whiplash from just sneezing.

Now that has happened to me!

reverendswine
- When Betty White starts to seem fückable.

No, haven’t gotten to that stage yet. Mind you, I like Betty White, always did. But not in that way!

westy64
when she has you come over to her place and you both just sit on the couch and watch tv and no one makes a move...

and your'e both fine with it...lol

And most definitely, most emphatically, have NOT gotten to that stage!

MsMicki
uhm...I still say I don't know what I wanna be when I grow up....LOL

Neither do I. But I’m now willing to admit that I’m never going to grow up, so the question is irrelevant.

from_site_to_sight
When you remember using a typewriter to write letters, reports. And using white-out to fix typing mistakes.
An electric typewriter was considered high tech.

Ah, the good old days. I took typing in high school because I was the only boy in a room full of girls. And it turned out to be the most valuable thing I learned in 4 years of high school.

purplerider1200
When I realized that I've been riding motorcycles for a half century.

I just realized that I have a 50 year anniversary coming up. 50 years is the “Golden Anniversary”, right?

I first had the chance to play with a computer (an IBM mainframe) the summer of 1968. It was love at first sight, and I’ve never looked back. And this summer makes 50 years.

browneyesbook
You know you're getting old when you know there's
7 billion people in the world and you really only want to
be friends with 20 or so of them.

Hell, I realized that when I was still quite young. But like MsMicki, my numbers keep getting smaller.

TomásIasan
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 9:15:37 PM
I was moses parting the red sea
Nope just stuck my staff out and bam
Kissed Egypt goodbye.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 89
Posted: 6/8/2018 5:47:05 AM
you remember how things used to be but you'll be damned if you remember yesterday.
 hey_suze
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 11:08:25 AM
Very funny mustang 😊
Or why you went to the fridge in the first place....😳
 ozarkguy
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 11:42:50 AM
When you're interested in younger women, but then realize now that a younger woman is someone who is 60 years old.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 3:54:33 PM
When you realize that in 20 years, you might be on the wrong side of the sod.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 93
Posted: 6/8/2018 5:55:21 PM
"Or why you went to the fridge in the first place.."

>>>there's an old joke about the padre visiting the elderly lady and asking if she ever considers the Hear-after at her age, and she replies every time I walk into a room, I ask what am I hear after.

I know everyone hates links, but if you haven't seen this SNL skit about Echo and Alexia for the older generation...this is amusing for us younger folk who swear we aren't there yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvT_gqs5ETk
 NewYorker58
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 8:11:49 PM
I've seen that before and had sent the link to my sister to show my mother☺
 from site to sight
Msg: 95
Posted: 6/9/2018 2:42:28 AM
When you recall that when you were a kid, the TV in the house was a black and white TV, that was housed in a wooden cabinet. Changing the channel involved getting off of your butt and going to the TV to change the channel or to adjust the volume. Channel selection was limited to a few channels-maybe 4 or 5 in total-depending where you lived, and TV antennas on the roof of the house or rabbit ears antennas were require to get any station. Poor weather often meant poor TV reception. If you were to get up in the middle of the night and turn the TV on, there were never any shows on. TV stations shut down at night.

When you look through an old photo album that has pictures of you and your siblings as very young kids, they are in black and white. When you thought that a Polaroid camera that used film that developed pictures almost instantly was space age technology.
 grover14
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 6:34:24 AM
I used to think one of the reasons my dad had kids was so he could say "get up and change the channel to 4"!

Also know you're getting old when you look younger with a bald head, gets rid of the white hair.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/10/2018 5:56:07 AM
this is a car-show version of the question, but i'm sure other sports/activities are the same:

Some squirrel is revving his throttle loudly, screeching the tires, and instead of joining the kids and exclaiming how cool that show of power is, you sound like your old man used to and express displeasure at the immaturity of whoever is doing that and disturbing the peace. I guess its a version of the bumpersticker all college radio stations have:

you're old when you realize the volume knob turns to the left, as well.

another one I spotted: you know you're old when you realize how much energy your grandkids have...and wish you had it as you chase after them.
 from site to sight
Msg: 98
Posted: 6/10/2018 8:24:13 AM
"you're old when you realize the volume knob turns to the left, as well."

Or, when you keep it loud because your hearing isn't what it used to be, and you don't want to look old by getting a hearing aid.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 99
Posted: 6/10/2018 6:03:36 PM
^^of course, the choice of music also is a factor :) But hey, when I was half the age I am now, I listened to NPR too. Like the T shirt claims, we may be old, but we got to see the best bands live. I will confess, I now know why old men tell those damned kids to get off the lawn--when you're home, you don't want to keep checking that noise outside to see if someone's come to visit and bother you. At your age, its either the police doing a wellness check or the Jehovah's Witness, not you're hot ex hoping to rekindle things--she already married and got even more kids.

Meanwhile, I know we're all old when I repeat myself (84 and 89) and no one catches it b/c its normal :)
 MsMicki
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 8:31:37 PM
....or when you turn the radio down while you are trying to find the street you are looking for.....

I had an "old" moment last night at an outdoor concert....when someone handed me a joint....and I passed it to the next person without hitting it!!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > You know you are getting OLD when...