Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > You know you are getting OLD when...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 126
view profile
History
You know you are getting SCOLD when...Page 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
NYer58 msg#124:
I'll tell you what I got from watching the guy cut down my neighbor's tall tree, and that was EXCITED and on FUEGO🔥 Men doing physical labor is a turn on!

+1oo
I always find some outdoor chores to do when the tree trimmers and roofers are working in the neighborhood.
(smile)
 purplerider1200
Msg: 127
view profile
History
You know you are getting SCOLD when...
Posted: 6/29/2018 4:42:16 PM
Oh, you like sweaty men.

We might notice you, except that the only thing we're thinking while roofing, is that it's too dammedhot. We gotta clean up the mess. Will that leak? It's too dammedhot. Will it rain before I'm done? Have we protected the customers prized posies good enough? It's too dammedhot. Did I order enough/ too many shingles? Is that straight? It's too dammedhot.

Yeah, we mighta noticed you laying in the back yard in a bikini. But that sweat in our eyes made it hard to see you clearly.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2018 4:44:13 PM
The roofers around here are too young (including the ones working the roof next door as I type). The tree trimmers around here are 'mature' and very lovely to observe :-). And I just noted coming home from work that the trees in the front yard are badly overgrown ;-).
 NewYorker58
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2018 5:54:15 PM
Don't get me started on my roofers! All 3 of them were smoking hot!
 cooldog65
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2018 8:16:31 PM
I do my share of physical labor...

I trim the bush around my tree...
 ResilientGent
Msg: 131
You know you are getting OLD when...
Posted: 6/30/2018 1:30:26 AM
2004 july after 21 years she told me she didnt love me any more. Stayed till 2009, only left after my bi pola, ice addict daughter attacked me & my ex wife backed her & not me.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/30/2018 1:10:56 PM
and it looks like they finally caught him. gotta watch those kids addicted to ICE, they'll do anything.

you've gotten old when you hear about a free event (like, say, fireworks b/c its the holiday weekend now) and you imagine all that damned traffic.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2018 1:32:47 PM

...............you imagine all that damned traffic.

What's really annoying is...…...you spend the evening with family, to watch fireworks, in a town with ONE traffic light...…….and it takes you an hour to drive a mile, afterwards, to get back home, following vehicles...…………..90% of them have out of state license plates! GRRRRR!
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2018 1:36:40 PM
MachIMustang11:
you've gotten old when you hear about a free event (like, say, fireworks b/c its the holiday weekend now) and you imagine all that damned traffic.

...so you stay home and watch the fireworks on Tv.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2018 3:30:49 PM
Baroda.

The only main street in america that's a dead end.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 136
Posted: 6/30/2018 8:15:20 PM
"What's really annoying is...…...you spend the evening with family, to watch fireworks, in a town with ONE traffic light...…….and it takes you an hour to drive a mile, afterwards, to get back home, following vehicles...…………..90% of them have out of state license plates! GRRRRR!"

>>>well, I found the new trick--show up late, get parked far out near the gate entrance. Don't even need to pay the $20 VIP parking.

"so you stay home and watch the fireworks on TV"

>>actually I can hear 'em from the back porch and used to see 'em before the darn trees grew up. But I hope to bump into people I used to see around town. All I saw was my old bosses b/c they sponsor the thing, and two other people, one being the bank teller I already see at the bank. but the food trucks were good.
 sun___flower
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2018 10:33:49 AM
PurpleRider
Oh, you like sweaty men.

We might notice you, except that the only thing we're thinking while roofing, is that it's too dammedhot. We gotta clean up the mess. Will that leak? It's too dammedhot. Will it rain before I'm done? Have we protected the customers prized posies good enough? It's too dammedhot. Did I order enough/ too many shingles? Is that straight? It's too dammedhot.

Yeah, we mighta noticed you laying in the back yard in a bikini. But that sweat in our eyes made it hard to see you clearly.

Haha. Cute, PR.
 2ufo
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2018 1:41:29 PM
If I could ensure the sweat in the eyes/not seeing clearly was a permanent condition, I might wear a bikini in the back yard.

LOL.
But probably not.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2018 1:07:34 AM
When you have an internet connection?
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 140
Posted: 7/14/2018 2:58:48 PM
with or without dialup?
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 141
Posted: 7/14/2018 7:25:57 PM
Henry just mentioned one in another forum...you know you're getting older when everything reminds you of a story. b/c now you have enough of your own.
 from site to sight
Msg: 142
Posted: 7/15/2018 11:33:14 AM
"with or without dialup?"

Is that back in the day when all phones were landline phones, and you could not use the phone and be on the internet at the same time? You could be on one or the other, but not both.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 143
Posted: 7/15/2018 6:45:25 PM
and you got voicemail, b/c if you just had the answering machine, no one could get thru to leave a message.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2018 6:57:21 PM
If I still was on my landline, I could still use my old rotary dial telephone.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 145
Posted: 7/16/2018 3:29:19 AM
still have mine--as I tell my female friends, if i'm not answering the phone at my home, i'm too far away to to help you.
 MsMicki
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2018 9:19:12 AM
.... a few hours of sipping whiskey and hot monkey sex makes you feel like you ran a 10 mile marathon the next day......
 ohenryx
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2018 11:54:27 AM

MsMicki
.... a few hours of sipping whiskey and hot monkey sex makes you feel like you ran a 10 mile marathon the next day......

I have my evening planned out exactly like that. I’ll let you know tomorrow how I feel about it then.

Hint: The odds are really really good that I will think it was very much worthwhile!
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 148
Posted: 7/22/2018 11:56:40 AM
Any time someone brags about anything, it's because he feels it will give him higher status in the eyes of those listening.

A better question might be “Does this actually work?”

It must work a little in some contexts. Someone who can get laid must be a little bit desirable to someone, right?
 TomásIasan
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2018 12:27:50 PM
^There is a difference between bragging and stating truth I say something about a year ago or 9 months ago is that bragging? No not likely it's in the past and it's just shit that happened. You think it's bragging I call it life you have highs and lows in it so it's a you get shit on and sometimes encouraged when you don't have success and when you do it's oh your just braggart. People really need their brains adjusted to reality, we all have ups and downs in life no one doesn't it. Sure that might work now and didn't before why? Different people it's actually about odds on a repetitive behaviour eventually mean shifts it hits it's high and low points and always balances in the middle. You go extreme one way it will eventually shift the other way with great success to counter it.

Which is why I don't worry about lows and state the highs to encourage others to keep believing if they keep trying it will eventually fall in their favor. If they have success in real life they may never have success here or it will be few and far between the numbers balance if they remain themselves. People don't get that everywhere you subject yourself to chance increases your odds of finding someone it can happen online dating or real life the numbers aren't changed just the location, doing it in just one doesn't increase anything in something your not doing.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 150
Posted: 7/22/2018 3:37:40 PM
"anytime someone brags about something"

>>>agreed, to a point. I've reached that age where I have more stories to tell than the young'uns. Someone eventually tells some story about something, and I've got one to tell as well. There's a line somewhere between boasting and "hey let's sit around the fire and tell tall tales for entertainment". Maybe that's not part of getting old, sometimes we want a beer and a "wait, I have one for ya!" storytelling to pass the time. The last time a repair guy came over, he spent 5 minutes solving the problem and we spent 45 minutes talking. That's probably an excellent reason to have lady repair people :) Not one is going to throw off their day's schedule talking about old cars and bikes they had good times on...right? :)

"someone who can get laid must be a little bit desireable to someone, yes?"

>>>somewhere in our ancestral lines, Og the caveman told a whopper about the Wooly Mamouth he ran off a cliff, and didn't need his club to help with the procreation.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > You know you are getting OLD when...