Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > You know you are getting OLD when...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsMicki
Msg: 151
view profile
History
You know you are getting SCOLD when...Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

Henry: -- Hint: The odds are really really good that I will think it was very much worthwhile!

Oh it was....and sure it will be for you too!!

Any time someone brags about anything, it's because he feels it will give him higher status in the eyes of those listening...

Bragging wasn't the intent....making fun of myself was...
I'm a grown woman in a relationship....pretty much a given I'm going to be having sex!!
If you take issue with it....my guess it is because you're not getting the same good monkey sex.......
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 152
You know you are getting SCOLD when...
Posted: 7/22/2018 6:18:47 PM
I don't(take issue)- glad 4 anyone getting theirs ;0)

but Ms.M,if u compare urself to other women,u will diminish urself-so don't compare :0(

somewhere there is a woman getting it 10x a day & she is fine.

somewhere there is a woman getting it 1x every 10 days & she is fine.

and everything else in between is fine too :0)
 MsMicki
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2018 6:26:18 PM
**snicker** if you haven't figured out yet that the last thing I do is compare myself to others...you need to pay better attention!!

just not sure why the comment on "bragging" then right after my post???
when I was merely making fun of myself for having too much fun and duly paying for it today!!
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 154
Posted: 7/22/2018 6:55:49 PM

**snicker** if you haven't figured out yet that the last thing I do is compare myself to others...you need to pay better attention!!

No I don't need to better do anything...

just not sure why the comment on "bragging" then right after my post???

-actually it was directed at a random male
...it's not always about you :0)
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2018 8:31:34 PM
I know I'm getting OLD when I watch infomercials and:
MY PILOW MIKE looks cute to me.

*Sigh!*

But at least I know I'm not completely decrepit, because:
Pat Boone singing in the walk-in tub totally disgusts me.

Yuuuuuucccck!
 KalGrl
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2018 7:52:14 AM
Pat Boone singing in the tub
😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
 MsMicki
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2018 9:50:31 AM
....when your grandson is having his 21st birthday party in your back yard over the weekend...

a little bit of freaking out while I'm watching them set up tents, tables and chairs around the big firepit out by the woods...
but kind of proud to see him taking charge of who needs to do what while he is getting the grill and smoker all set up
(He is in culinary school and doing all the cooking for the party!)

Wondering how many will end up naked in the pool....or puking in my camper....
don't know whether to stay inside and ignore it all......or sit on the back porch and watch it all!!

and ewww on the Pat Boone in the tub! lol
 whiterose0
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2018 11:39:36 AM

don't know whether to stay inside and ignore it all......or sit on the back porch and watch it all!!

You know you're getting old when you contemplate staying inside and ignoring it all!
 MsMicki
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2018 2:22:18 PM
You are so right Ms Rose!!

I'll know how old I feel as soon as their music starts up!!
 curvylady1965
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2018 5:24:54 PM
Pat Boone? Ick. Was always ick. Now Tom Jones... Different story completely. The man is still hot.
And yes, staying inside and ignoring it all might be a sign of aging... Or simply wisdom :-). But I hope you opt to take in some of the entertainment.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2018 7:01:50 PM
I'll never understand those walk-in tubs.

First of all, you have to sit in the silly things , then fill them up. That takes 15 minutes, minimum. Better have a big water heater when you fill it. Having less than ideal water pressure makes a slow fill. None of them have a unit water heater, so the water get cold as it's used. Then draining the fool thing. There you sit as the water goes away. An 1 1/2" discharge does not let the water go away so fast. With the whirlpool attachment on them, they eventually get gummed up with soap. ( by the way, body washes are mostly a pumice type material. That gunk will plug up your drains, and impervious to most drain cleaning products)

On top of it all, you get wallow around in your own crud in one of those stupid things. How clean could you feel after that?
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2018 6:06:33 AM
Purple Rider --

I would NEVER want to be the one to have to clean the walk in tub up later.
That would be a BIG job. Think about it.

Why don't people just take a shower. It IS cleaner for precisely the reason you mentioned.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 163
Posted: 7/28/2018 6:42:48 AM
that's a good point about the walk in tubs. As for taking a shower, I was told while caretaking my parents that as people get old, their balance is suspect, and so a slippery shower stall or tub concerns them, and so they bath less frequently. I would have thought they could sponge bath, but if they hadn't grown up with that, I guess it doesn't occur to them. the walk in tub, according to the ads, seems aimed at the older folk with limited abilities.
 MsMicki
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2018 6:55:02 AM
My great aunt has a walk in tub....she was not able to step over a regular tub anymore..
she doesn't "bath" in the new tub....it has a hand held shower that she uses.
It is easier for her to do to on her own..

Cleaning it sucks!
Luckily, she has an aide that comes in twice a week...and it is now her job!!
 from site to sight
Msg: 165
Posted: 7/28/2018 7:33:30 AM
When I saw ads for the walk-in tubs, one of the things I wondered about is, could there be a time when the seal around the door starts to break down, causing water to seep out onto the floor? Everything breaks down over time.

Another thing that I've seen ads for that I find a little over the top is the stair lift, where a legless chair is placed on a track in the stairway, and a motor pulls the person who is sitting in the chair up and down the stairs. My first that was, what is a person who has mobility issues and cannot climb stairs doing, living in a two story house? And if they use a walker or a wheelchair, are they going to need one on each floor, since they can't carry one with them while on the chair? I can see potential law suits to the manufacturer and/or installer, if a client falls off the chair and goes tumbling down the stairs. Even if they're suppose to use seat belts while riding on the chair, a person with mobility issues could stumble and fall while getting on or off the chair.
 CBGB77
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2018 8:01:40 AM
Reminds me of "Lady In A Cage".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy9XGPgrNEo
 daynadaze
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2018 9:33:59 AM
As someone who needs one of those tubs...you obviously have never fallen in a shower or have clawed your way out of a bathtub. Of course I can't afford one, so I have a shower chair, but you have to clean and rinse your private areas standing up so it's not totally workable as one might think. All tubs and showers have to be cleaned and they are all a pain in the butt. It's always fun to make fun of what you don't understand.
 MsMicki
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2018 2:06:38 PM
....okay....I am officially old!!
There are a dozen 21/22 year old guys in my backyard....at the moment playing beer pong....
and I have absolutely no desire to be near any of it!
And....their music SUCKS!!
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 169
Posted: 7/28/2018 3:33:45 PM
yep, when you look at what people of a certain age do, and remember the negative comment your parents had to say about it when you were that age and did it...you're grown up. In my case its going to car shows and some "squirrel" is winging his throttle like he's at a race track, or "peeling out" or smoking the tires or whatever you like to call it on the way out of the show, and we all look at each other with that "what an a hole" shared look.
 from site to sight
Msg: 170
Posted: 7/28/2018 3:39:11 PM
^^A lot of testosterone going on there. Is the music rap/hip hop? That's when you know you're old-when you don't know why they aren't into music that we listened to 30 or 40 years ago. It's the same thing our parents wondered about when we were their age.
 MsMicki
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2018 4:01:28 PM
Rap and beyond Heavy Metal!!

I only go out there was someone new arrives so I can take keys....then I quickly come back inside!!

I did take a sip of the Apple Jim Beam to try....pretty tasty!!
But they are chasing it with beer or Smirnoff IceScrewdrivers...so I foresee some puking in the future!!
But hey....that's what turning 21 is all about! LOL
 ohenryx
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2018 4:41:04 PM
What, no love for Pat Boone? I always liked “Moody River”, and I thought he did a pretty good acting in “Journey to the Center of the Earth”. Well, that’s relative, of course, but a lot better than most singers who try their hand at acting.

77777777777778888888888888888777777777777777788888888888888887777777777777777888888888888888
 NewYorker58
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2018 12:40:34 PM
I ran into him in an elevator. He's before my time. I couldn't muster an "I love your body of work" .
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2018 6:27:06 PM
Dayna --

Sure sorry. I didn't mean to appear to be making fun of the tub, or any folks who could use them. (Although, I don't even want to clean a regular tub, so I just shower).

I guess sometimes we just don't think.
Have ya'll ever notice how almost all ads for medical supplies and medicine feature mature, but still gorgeous models who appear to be in perfect health? Really. A lot of them probably work out.

(Except for Pat Boone -- personally, I think HIS tub could use a bigger drain. A LOT bigger drain.) LOL.

And, yes, other posters --Everything wears out and needs maintenance.

But I'm standing by my ridicule of PAT BOONE in the buff . YUCK!!!

purplerider1200
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2018 8:05:25 PM
There's a few issues that few know about those walk-in tubs- PARTS!!!

I started fixing one. The manufacturer will sell me the parts- at one hellofa markup! $400-500 for a tubset??? They're all the same. They know they have their customers over a barrel. ( By the way, I got talked about being able to fix these stupid things reasonably, and I've gotten real popular) Specially tools, plus a bit of ingenuity gets them fixed. But are they POORLY made.

These Inclinators (That's the proper name for stair climbers) are the same way. One outfit will buy them back after the user croaks, and re-sells them. At least, I can get parts for them without a lot of hassles. But, many are excessively complicated to operate. One, I liked fixing, happened to be about 75 years old. (Or older, no dates on any of it) That was the only one I found that really folded up tight against a wall. Dirt simple, and could handle two people at once. (!)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > You know you are getting OLD when...