Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > You know you are getting OLD when...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 176
view profile
History
You know you are getting SCOLD when...Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
You know you are getting OLD when you can relate to either of these songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOgd9hitEAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4QzHeUE-CM
 oldschoolbeachbum2
Msg: 177
view profile
History
You know you are getting OLD when...
Posted: 7/29/2018 10:11:01 PM
Old age is only in your head. So at 51 its why I gave up corporate do uber and pay 500 bucks a month for a beach rental in mexico. Now I can go hire any street women in TJ for about 25 bucks should I really need to get laid. And Have. But I say figure out what living large means to you and do that. Many have passed that are much younger and in better shape than I. and yes in did just have to question weather i should do every ride at knotts berry farm but did. A little sore. sure. A****ail, pain pills for a few days and a massage or two I am back to normal. So be it get a bike, drive the baja 500, catch a big fish or have sex with someone half your age. I say go to a concert and rock on. It is funner it you can find some you tolerate that has their own money to do it with.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2018 11:52:07 PM
^^^^you're 51???

$25 for sex in Mexico? You're being taken. But this is what you may have or be given, enjoy!:

Not surprisingly, Baja California has the second highest cumulative AIDS incidence of any Mexican state and, in 2006, the HIV prevalence among female sex workers in Tijuana was six percent. It has been estimated that as many as one in 112 persons aged 15-49 living in Tijuana is HIV-infected.

While only half of clients reported having been tested for HIV, 14.2% tested positive for at least one STD (Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis or HIV). The prevalence of HIV infection among clients was similar to that of female sex workers in Tijuana. The risk of contracting HIV was highest for those who lived in Mexico, used methamphetamines or had tested positive for syphilis.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 179
You know you are getting SCOLD when...
Posted: 7/30/2018 5:52:48 AM
"the inclinator could handle two people at once"

>>>now there's a new sex position.

"grandpa, drive me up the wall again!"

we're getting old when we notice how old we are :) Its amusing that when we're kids, we can't wait to grow up, and when we do, we miss the presumed innocence of being a kid. we're just never happy with what we have, lol
 NewYorker58
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2018 7:36:53 AM
You can retain a sense of innocence if you're not always surrounding one's self with scumbags.
 LoveOnAShip
Msg: 181
Posted: 7/30/2018 9:14:27 AM

those walk-in tubs

Those things are dirty and disgusting. Who wants to sit on slimy plastic seat.

It's like prepping for a coffin.

I aint going yet.
 ssm508
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2018 3:23:13 PM
When I see an athlete or a singer / musician or some other celebrity performing and I remember their parents performing when I was much younger.
 from site to sight
Msg: 183
Posted: 7/31/2018 5:36:32 PM
I was watching a TV show about a couple of guys who go rummaging through people's garages and attics, looking for collectables, and I saw a contraption that looked familiar from way back when.

When I was a kid, there was a guy who would walk up and down the streets from time to time, pulling a cart and ringing a handheld bell, and he would yell out "Knife sharpening" in I think an Italian accent. He had a grindstone on his cart and it had a pedal to spin the stone when sharpening knives or scissors, I'm guessing that was a common thing in the old country. He did seem to drum up a fair amount of business. I don't recall what he charged to sharpen a knife. But that business went the same way as home delivery of milk.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 184
Posted: 8/1/2018 6:04:04 AM
Love American Pickers. Hope that doesn't make the fans old :)

We were a less-disposable world back then. Compared to say, the late 1970's when i'd go to the big agricultural fairs with my parents and my father would buy the Ginsu knife with all the dumb accessories (peeler, juicer, etc) i'm finding around the house now. Many times, those residents of the city employing the knife sharpener, came from rural areas where one kept and repaired, rather than threw out and ordered a new one from Sears and Roebuck. When I was a wee lad i'd look thru their Christmas catalog at the cool toys.

there would be "playsets" for a boy's Star Wars figurine collection (but let's not call it a dollhouse :)--it was the inside of a space ship or the Cantina scene). Sears was the Amazon of its day. I have old high performance car or custom van magazines, and someone's pride and joy rides on...sears tires.

but yep, the knife sharpener is another job lost to our modern ways. A few cities away, out by the old airport, there's a Tractor Supply big box store, right next to...an old guy who's always made his living repairing and selling old lawn mowers. But he's still in business, apparently. Must have a loyal customer base. Good for him.
 CBGB77
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2018 9:32:04 AM

Posted By: MachIMustangII on 8/1/2018 8:04:04 AM
Subject: You know you are getting SCOLD when...
Message: Love American Pickers. Hope that doesn't make the fans old :)

They just found Aerosmth's van from the 70s!

https://i.imgur.com/boWq3OL.jpg
 2ufo
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2018 9:54:32 AM
You get black balloons at your birthday.

Knife sharpening... my mother has a hundred dull, useless, dangerous knifes made out of cheap steel which are terrible.
I have 5 very nice knives which... need sharpening. I think I'll do that tonight. I have a stone that has been in my family for about 100 years. The middle of the stone - where the grinding occurs - is less than half the thickness of the ends.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 187
Posted: 8/1/2018 2:17:49 PM
you made me go looking in the back of the kitchen cabinets...yep, there it is, a Cory electric, with the hourglass shape to the stone.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2018 4:27:59 PM
Sharpening knives is sort of a lost art.

Stainless steel wasn't the greatest material to make knives out of. Those aren't hone-able. (Which is really what you're doing with a knife.) Serrated knives- when they become dull, you might as well pitch 'em.

A lot of things went the way of the Great Auk. Like "Church Keys". Those really old hand can openers. Cast iron skillets. ( bet there isn't any Millenials that know how to take care of one of those.)

Anybody remember that fabulous kitchen tool- the Veg-a-Matic?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2018 5:04:16 PM
There was a tool sharpener guy in my neighborhood too.

Yep, I remember the vegamatic. What's old is new again. People are using cast iron, though not millennials. I have a friend that's been finding them and restoring them for himself, 2 pans and a waffle maker. They're great for getting a good sear on steaks.
 MsMicki
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2018 9:26:23 PM
when did cast iron go out of style??
every chef I know (including myself) still uses the same ones we have had for years...
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 191
Posted: 8/2/2018 2:59:06 AM
the classics stay in style, but sometimes the younger generation gets caught up in the stores out by the mall selling every kitchen gadget under the sun....lighter, faster, easier, you know the drill. But, while I haven't tried a George Foreman grill, that does seem to be worth adding to the cabinet.
 spot4username
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2018 5:42:11 AM
^^^
To all of you. The answer is that cast iron is not out of style. All three of my sons own some and they all purchased it for themselves when they set up housekeeping. I see young people buy it at work every day. I don't know where that rumor started.
 MsMicki
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2018 6:12:12 AM

I don't know where that rumor started.

from the resident "I just make up sh!t and throw it out there" poster!!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2018 7:18:18 AM
You know you're getting old when Joann's Fabric Store sends
you a coupon on your birthday that says "You're only 75 once!"
WTF Joann.
 MsMicki
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2018 7:59:12 AM
oh dayum Boo!!
hope it at least gets you 75% off!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2018 9:04:08 AM
^^^Yeah, I buy my quilting stuff, etc from there often,
and I could get behind a 75% off coupon...but the bastids
only made it for 50%....hahahahaha!
 grover14
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2018 9:25:10 AM
When you get Medicare supplement sign-up stuff in the mail everyday because you turn 65 in a few months!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2018 8:32:29 PM
I'm getting that now, and I'm only 62.

Am I supposed to choose now and beat the rush?
 cooldog65
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2018 10:45:59 AM
I remember when MTV and VH1 actually played music videos. Maybe they should change their names to RTV and RH1 since they are mostly reality TV.
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 200
Posted: 8/12/2018 4:11:07 PM
When I was younger I would go out any man who asked me. I would hang out in every club in town and I had more than a few lovers.
I now would rather have a tv dinner than go out with a guy and pretend to be interested in his bull. I haven't been to a club in since moving to Houston. I have replaced all the men with cats... by the way, I have kittens to give away.. Does anyone want a kitten?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > You know you are getting OLD when...