Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Boys making Men look bad      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Boys making Men look badPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
LOL Some years ago, I was enjoying conversing with family members I had not seen in ages. Someone asked, "Where did so and so, go off to?" Her father piped up, "She went for a walk with the guy she has been dating to have the "Define Our Relationship" convo.
The rest of us, went "Huh?"
 five-marie
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Boys making Men look bad
Posted: 4/21/2018 10:07:40 AM
julystorm, I have 3 sons. I remember when they were seeing a girl, meaning dating/sleeping with her they would correct me if I said "your girlfriend".
They'd respond "She's not my girlfriend".
I'd say "You're dating her, sleeping with her, what is she?"
They'd just shake their head like I didn't understand anything.
 afinewineandyou
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Boys making Men look bad
Posted: 4/21/2018 10:18:13 AM

I see so many womens profiles that feel the need to make it clear that they are not interested in one nights From my experience. The women who put this in their profiles are women who mostly have one night stands and will have more.

May be true of some -but certainly not all of us. However it does explain some of the messages I received.

and i would be upfront about it to women I talked to.

I've had men tell me "upfront" that's all they wanted. They still get a "no" - *but it's a "no" given with respect.

Well, it behooves the women to not get involved sexually too early and there is less likely to be a "hit it and quit it" scenario.

Why land sakes -I couldn't agree more! :)

If the guy is genuinely interested in a relationship he will wait until the woman is comfortable and they have some kind of connection going on. No guarantees of course.

No guarantees that he will wait?
hmm ... Also none that he will stay once the deed is done.

Actually, bonehead males should make us decent men look great by comparison.

Oh they do... No doubt about that! :)
 cooldog65
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Boys making Men look bad
Posted: 4/22/2018 9:34:23 AM

And why can't people have relationships without getting too serious but not being as casual as FWB? It used to be whoever you were dating at the time was your boyfriend, no exclusivity talk needed. Now we are casual until we are serious. Zero middle ground anymore. Before you were just dating until you got to the serious phase which meant being engaged or moving in together. Now being a girlfriend is like the old being engaged.

I remember back in the day when relationship meant you were together less than a year. After that time it became a serious relationship.

Exclusivity was unspoken and it was shown through your actions. You only had the talk to make it official a bit later.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Boys making Men look bad
Posted: 4/22/2018 11:21:37 AM

How often do you hear a woman say her last ex was such a nice guy?

When she dumped her last ex and has some guilt about it. Usually followed by how she wasn't really into him and liked him more as a friend, blah blah. Of course, if that was her Last ex, most likely not Too long ago -- then that's still not a good sign if she's even able to get caught up into a Relationship like that (as opposed to just a few too many dates). :)

I remember back in the day when relationship meant you were together less than a year. After that time it became a serious relationship.

I never even heard of a trend like that. Basically a Relationship meant you're BF/GF. I never noticed a change from the beginning of the 90s -> now, as far as that goes.

Exclusivity was unspoken and it was shown through your actions. You only had the talk to make it official a bit later.

I believe it still is. You are what you do. Plenty of folks don't have "a talk" -- although I can see that when you're dating for too long in what seems to be a pseudo-neutral-zone or something. A long long time ago on these here forums, I remember this one guy talking about his FWB for many years -- and how he was frustrated that she was calling them an item, but he said they declared themselves FWB a long time ago, thus, still are... despite meeting each other's parents, going on trips together with the kids, going to each others' family reunions, having clothes at each other's place, etc. You are what ya do -- and yeah, they were BF/GF whether he liked it or not. :)

And why can't people have relationships without getting too serious but not being as casual as FWB?

A vague question, tho. What do you mean by "too serious"? Like, moving in and meshing day-to-day lives? I think people do that, especially divorced moms juggling kids... in a nutshell, they pretty much do have FWB. A FWB who you hang out with 1-on-1 for the most part, is merely non-serious dating.

There's plenty of situations where "she's a girl I'm seeing" is said in reference to the gal he's been seeing not for the past 4 weeks (a little early for BF/GF label), but more like 4-5 months. Basically, he's saying he's more or less single, but, yeah, "I am seeing a girl".

I don't think times have changed though. I think our AGES change, and due to being at different points in our lives when we're older, we'll find the others are going to operate a bit differently than when they did 15-20 years prior.
 Dinno76
Msg: 56
Boys making Men look bad
Posted: 4/22/2018 11:36:42 AM
Her ex was a nice guy that is why she dumped him for the bad guy. This describes most women.
 daynadaze
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Boys making Men look bad
Posted: 4/22/2018 12:08:12 PM
Most women? Based on what?
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Boys making Men look bad
Posted: 4/22/2018 12:13:12 PM
Just adding to Daynadaze's comment.

"Most women? Based on what?"
LOL I know a lot of women, and I would hardly call them, "Most"..................not at all.
 Braylen99
Msg: 59
Boys making Men look bad
Posted: 4/22/2018 1:15:37 PM
Daynadayze, when’s the last time you had a bf??
 daynadaze
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Boys making Men look bad
Posted: 4/22/2018 2:53:43 PM
The last time I had boyfriend has what to do with my question? Are you working on some feeble insult, or am I missing what you are getting at, or we're you going to explain the 'most' part of the comment I was asking?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Boys making Men look bad