Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Mirror, mirror on the wall...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Mirror, mirror on the wall...Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
To Brown Eyes -- I concur with the others. You DO look great!!! And, I love your new hat pic.

To Dayna -- No one with your sweet face and lovely skin could EVER be ugly. Plus your nice taste in dress and hairstyle is quite flattering. So, don’t put yourself down, GirlFriend.

Red and July -- are pretty cute with their natural, outdoorsy looks.

For me -- I’m for sure no beauty queen. But the thing I like most about my appearance is that I have done the very best I can with what I have to work with.

My profile picture is a recent, quick selfie that I took with nwithout skin softeners. And it really is what I look like. Even at my greatly advanced age I have smooth clear skin on face and body, long, thick hair and the healthy glow that comes with taking care of myself and having lived a decent life. Yes, those are my original teeth, too. No full body pics, but I promise that I am petite and well toned from cross training and staying active . From a distance, I’m frequently mistaken for early 20’s.

Again, I’m nothing special to start with, but I’m proud of the results of a healthy lifestyle , and that I’ve learned to fix myself up just fine with nice makeup, current hair styles, and tasteful, ageless clothes .
I feel much more blessed than proud, though. I thank God for good genes for health and regular features. I look good enough to turn heads, get dates, and find love. So, that’s plenty.

Would I trade what I do for Movie Star looks? NO! ( I wouldn‘t want all the issues that come with them.)

I’ve often heard that one should “BE the person they want to marry”. I would really love to meet a man who respects his own body and cares for his health as I do. I wouldn’t need a handsome man, and I sure DON’T prefer a tall one. Just healthy enough to enjoy and active life with me, and conscientious enough to have good hygiene habits. Not rich, but at least able to pull his own weight financially. (Since I can do that, too.) My “Wish List” doesn’t seem too unrealistic.

But, alas, the pickin’s are slim at my age. So, sadly, I’ve pretty much given up.
 julystorm7
Msg: 27
Mirror, mirror on the wall...
Posted: 4/9/2018 9:21:25 AM
LuuLuu, you are very beautiful inside and outside. I like that saying "Be the person you would want to marry." Good advice.
 daynadaze
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2018 4:17:15 PM
Thank you for the compliment, but if you saw me in person you'd see a blotchy face full of broken blood vessels and big brown areas on wrinkled skin. My mouth is so upside down that I can barely force a smile, I look very used up. Being sick all these years caught up with my looks, and I never had a lot to begin with. If I was looking for dates I would put up newer pictures, but I don't see the point now. But I am not complaining or hoping for nice thoughts, I know full well that I've lived a couple of decades longer than doctors said I would, and I know I have it much better than so many others. I found out a long time ago that no one is required to be attractive, that's just a toss of genetics working out in your favor or not LOL and maybe a good surgeon. I don't get my self-worth from my looks, a whole lot of very goodlooking people don't rely on their looks either, each person is different. I wish I had known this growing up, I wouldn't have wasted my youth beating myself up. : )
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/9/2018 4:50:07 PM
"I don't get my self-worth from my looks, a whole lot of very goodlooking people don't rely on their looks either, each person is different. I wish I had known this growing up, I wouldn't have wasted my youth beating myself up."

>>>that's a good attitude. I think life teaches us what is important, if we give it enough time. When we're young, we probably don't have the experience to know what's important.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2018 3:24:12 AM
Dayna I completely agree.
I’ve been ill recently and had to endure what I consider to be intense pain.
When I look in the mirror lately I see a woman years older than I used to look.
I wonder if I’ll ever recover in that sense. Quite possibly not.
I totally get that looks are obliterated for some people who have faced other challenges, such as trying to stay alive. You’re a winner in that aspect :)

I also agree that it’s a myth that good looking people rely on these factors to get on.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2018 9:05:47 AM
To July --

Thanks so much for your kind words, July

To Dayna --

So sorry to hear re: all you've been through with health. When I complimented your skin, I was relying on your former blond-hair picture. But will say that your smile's still sweet. And that you are a joy to most forumites to have in our midst. Your wisdom, coupled with honesty is main reason we appreciate hearing from you.

to Roxy --

You are brave too. And, YES YOU CAN. I have known more than a few beautiful, mature ladies who aged a LOT during poor health and tragedies. But had their youth spring back when life got better. YOU CAN TOO.
 grover14
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2018 2:11:31 PM
At my age, staying healthy is most important. As far as looks go, I try to be really well groomed and of course, clean. I'm glad I didn't smoke or drink too much over the years. My appearance is how I choose, not to please someone else. I guess if I have a drawback in the looks dept, it would be my choice of haircut, but I like it, so it stays. When over 60, like someone previously said, make the best of what you've got.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2018 2:34:08 PM

.................my choice of haircut, but I like it, so it stays.

Uh s'cuse me, handsome sir. Could you turn a little to your right? Yep, right there, you missed a hair.

LOL I seem to be partial to men with the bald / balding hairstyle. Lookn' good grover!
 grover14
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2018 3:16:00 PM
Oh, you sweet talker! Thanks you made my day. Baldies (by choice)lovers are out there, just gotta find them.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2018 12:36:24 AM
Thanks for those lovely words LuLu
I agree, Dayna is someone whose posts I always read.
 Cynderella
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2018 2:54:54 AM
I don't see my reflection in the mirror....
Something about my mother being a vampire.

I say these days I feel like a kid till I skip past a mirror....I look and say who the f*ck is that?
Then I skip away lol

I just live life...
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 8:21:29 PM
I see someone who has lived life with all it's joys and adversities, who wanted to be taller....but it is what it is. And if I'm not "happy" with what I see at this late date.....oh, well.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 6:05:48 AM
I think some people confuse health-consciousness with orthorexia. The latter is an illness that requires intensive psychotherapy.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 6:22:32 AM

For me -- I’m for sure no beauty queen. But the thing I like most about my appearance is that I have done the very best I can with what I have to work with.

You have unapologetic self-love on your side. I'd say you've done very well.

Again, I’m nothing special to start with, but I’m proud of the results of a healthy lifestyle , and that I’ve learned to fix myself up just fine with nice makeup, current hair styles, and tasteful, ageless clothes .
I feel much more blessed than proud, though. I thank God for good genes for health and regular features. I look good enough to turn heads, get dates, and find love. So, that’s plenty.

Amen.
 Abby156
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2018 9:19:35 PM
I am what I am. useless to worry about it. I am never going to be 25 again.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2018 4:14:54 PM
I am overweight, and trying to make more positive changes in what i eat. At 58 1/2 i am looking better than some women, and not as well as others of same age. Very few lines, mainly cos i do not smoke.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2018 2:09:50 AM
Being happy with the way you look with fillers, botox, mini lifts, hair color, tons of makeup clumping is not being "happy with your looks".

Anyhoo, its all about the body and the attitude. Most women focus way too much on the face and hair in general, spend a fortune ( as in a Toyota) on the face and forget we can see the chest, belly, and arms. Dead giveaway.
 BuretoDesu
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/10/2018 5:36:42 AM

spend a fortune (as in a Toyota) on the face and forget we can see the chest, belly, and arms. Dead giveaway.

Couldn't agree more and glad this came from a woman instead of a man.
 DerekisDashing
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/10/2018 6:23:54 AM

At my age, staying healthy is most important. As far as looks go, I try to be really well groomed and of course, clean. I'm glad I didn't smoke or drink too much over the years. My appearance is how I choose, not to please someone else. I guess if I have a drawback in the looks dept, it would be my choice of haircut, but I like it, so it stays. When over 60, like someone previously said, make the best of what you've got.

Agree with this. Your comment kinda reminded me of my favorite Fred Sanford quote: "I wish I knew then what I know now. I wish I had now what I had then. But I'm doin' pretty good with what I have left."

I'll admit I like to kid myself and have a laugh, like I'll squint sometimes when looking in the mirror to hide my age lol (50)...or worse, I'll just let my bathroom mirror get dirty enough to mask the view. Intsa filter lol.

Kidding aside, add me to the list of people that are happy they've taken care of themselves over the years and feel good about their health vs worrying too much about what the mirror says. I'll never be mistaken for good looking but I'm still happy I've at least not neglected my health and will always try and at least present myself as best I can...it is all we can do as others have said.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/10/2018 9:51:14 AM
Getting enough protein, low carb/no nightshades, right amount of sleep, exercise, no smoking/drinking/drugging, stay out of the sun, bla bla bla

All the stuff that may have been boring/nerdy as a young person now is desirable as an older person...
 whiterose0
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2018 10:35:05 AM

Being happy with the way you look with fillers, botox, mini lifts, hair color, tons of makeup clumping is not being "happy with your looks".

I fully agree - one can go too far with the cosmetic enhancements and become neurotic about it.

Anyhoo, its all about the body and the attitude. Most women focus way too much on the face and hair in general, spend a fortune ( as in a Toyota) on the face and forget we can see the chest, belly, and arms. Dead giveaway.

That's true. I believe that maintaining a healthy body weight and not having major weight fluctuations is key to tighter skin and looking more youthful for one's age. That's what I would term as "making the most of what you have to work with".
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2018 10:37:27 AM
Protein is WAY overrated as to how much most of us need, especially women.
Cancer, weight gain, acidosis (esp from animal flesh).

I eat a ton of good carbs found in fruit and beans. I don't find it to be an issue at all.

Your new wig is simply divine Blond, Whats the name of that one?
Any new wig videos?

Lots of cool user names in this thread.
 sun___flower
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2018 1:01:15 PM
Peppermint Petunias
Protein is WAY overrated as to how much most of us need, especially women.
Cancer, weight gain, acidosis (esp from animal flesh).

I eat a ton of good carbs found in fruit and beans. I don't find it to be an issue at all.

Totally agreed. It is easy to get adequate protein from non-animal sources.
 reverendswine
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/10/2018 2:23:39 PM
Whoa, Ginger busts on the scene throwing haymakers. Most tantalizing indeed.

I'm diggin' the picture of you pumping iron. Those dumbbells look to be at least 20 pounds. My youngest brother can't even do 10 reps with 20 pounds.

:roll:
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2018 8:07:18 AM
whiterose
I have a good friend who is lovely and approaching 65. Between resurfacing skin on her face, upper eyelid surgery, lower lid surgery, lumpy fillers( think golf balls in her face) plus a jaw and forehead lift she looks about 45.It looks like a neck job too but Im not positive that was done.

Then you see her chest and arms. OMG she looks 75 if a day from sun exposure and loose skin.
It doesnt match and looks ridiculous. I would never tell her but other friends often ask about work and my opinion.

My response is a bit of botox, maybe skin resurfacing or if you have something that doesn't fit the rest of your face then do something if it bothers you BUT

******Its stupid and looks ridiculous to put a 25k roof on a 1954 trailer.*****
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

Rev....Is that you pig??? Yeehiii and salutations. Diggin the hat.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Mirror, mirror on the wall...