Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Who messages you and you know they're not compatible?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 feirene
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Who messages you and you know they're not compatible?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
The outdoors types are probably meeting people irl so don't need to be on here. Or are you seeing those guys here?

Half the time i haven't a clue about men on here coz they don't fill in their profiles properly.
 nyx1980
Msg: 52
Who messages you and you know they're not compatible?
Posted: 4/19/2018 3:34:21 AM
Doesnt matter what you put in your profile really to weed them out. Im sure when people see something meaning they are out of the running, they must see it as a challenge or something. Like my page says someone similar to myself, and i get the complete opposite of me for the most part LOL.

Oh and the Gems of the internet who are so self entitled and deluded that they make out its you who has the issue as you want the basic human feeling of sexual attraction with someone lol
 feirene
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2018 3:04:33 PM
Oh yes, the guy who expects women to pander to his wants even if she has no interest in interacting with him. They get on my nerves.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread, i'm low quality,lalalalala.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/25/2018 6:57:13 PM
The guy that I dated from the site using a new profile. The one that made racist jokes and thought they were funny. The one with unresolved trust issues. Yep, that one.

Nope, not happening again. He has to know that he and I are not compatible. I don't find racist jokes or cop humor as he put it funny. Pass.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2018 11:04:29 PM
Men online can be delusional with regard to who they think they can be with. It's all about looking at a woman's pic and going into fantasy mode. Then they wonder why women don't respond, and then blame it on women.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/26/2018 12:34:40 AM
I’m in fantasy mode everytime I look at Jackie.........(s......i.......g........h)
He stopped responding but has a restraining order on me now so that’s some acknowledgment at least :)
 reverendswine
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/26/2018 4:57:33 AM
Oh, goody goody gumdrops. We've got yet another glorified "POF sucks" thread. I'm going to ask this question for the 9 gazillionth time, and see if anyone actually dares to answer it.

What is it exactly that keeps people here if they've had nothing but abysmal results?? Please don't tell me optimism, because I highly doubt anyone would continuously subject themselves to the same bars and clubs that had nothing but undesirables in attendance week after week, year after year, decade after decade and harbor a "hey, you never know, things might change" attitude about it, so why the same website??

Please spare me the token "OMG! Everyone dates differently!!" response, too. That's my entire point. There obviously isn't any dating going on.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2018 6:26:35 AM
I'm here for the snacks and to practice my
witty repartee.

Also, it's one of my dysfunctional coping skills.
 Braylen99
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/26/2018 6:36:54 AM
Ive noticed in my area that many women are too focused on their appearance.

After 40, men wise up and look for more earning potential and education

Dog walkers, hair stylists and cashiers? No fracking way.

Shes gotta bring more then pretty nails and cleavage at this stage of the game
 julystorm7
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/26/2018 6:49:17 AM
This is the only online dating site with a large enough membership in my geographic area. There's not enough people on here for a really deep pool though. So what ends up happening is a person goes through the few compatible-looking choices then gets bored and messages incompatible people. You see their photos constantly on nearby so you figure WTH, might as well say hi. You stay on because of the newbies who show up. Fresh meat.
 reverendswine
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/26/2018 6:51:17 AM
Here for the snacks, Boo Diddley?? Are you the one who's been wiping out all the eclairs?
 feirene
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2018 7:22:14 AM
Nobody has really mentioned POF, we're talking about the people who message us and i was wondering why seemingly incompatible guys approach me. But i'm used to the passive aggressive type barging in and making topics about whatever they want and not gonna answer your off topic question.

"Oh, goody goody gumdrops. We've got yet another glorified "POF sucks" thread. I'm going to ask this question for the 9 gazillionth time, and see if anyone actually dares to answer it."
 reverendswine
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/26/2018 7:42:12 AM
No mention of POF, eh? What site were you referring to in regard to receiving messages, then?

There was nothing off topic about my post. It's obviously a question you can't formulate a logical response for.
 feirene
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2018 7:46:37 AM
There was no mention of a site because i was discussing messages only. My headline is pretty clear on what i wanted to talk about and my first post elaborates on that. There was no need to mention any site at all and there still isn't. There's no logical answer to your question as it has nothing to do with this topic and so it's unreasonable of you to expect me to answer it.
 feirene
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2018 7:56:56 AM
A quick glance back over the topic i do see several mentions of POF (or at least the messages received on here) and they're not really saying anything about the site itself nor slagging it off and not even slagging off the men who sent them, just saying these messages tend to contradict what hey are looking for and being given as examples of that. It's pretty much stayed on topic inline with the header, with a little bit of off topic chat between people here and there that branched off from actual on topic replies.

Like i said i don't care about your passive aggressiveness. I've used enough forums over the years to not entertain it in the way you want me to.
 reverendswine
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/26/2018 8:15:15 AM
Passive-aggressive?? I don't think it means what you think it means.

Bottom line - this thread is exactly what I said it is.
 feirene
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2018 8:25:22 AM
What's the best way to deal with someone who is passive-aggressive? It typically doesn't help to tell them: On some level, they already know what they are doing, and may escalate their bad behavior to get back at you if you bring it up.

The most effective approach is to ignore the behavior and pretend you don't notice it. If it doesn't appear to affect you, there is not much in it for them, and they may stop the behavior because of your lack of a reaction.

When ignoring passive-aggressive behavior is not feasible, perhaps because it strongly affects you psychologically, the best you can do is to maintain distance from the person as much as possible.

Reminder to myself.
 reverendswine
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/26/2018 8:28:03 AM
Yeah. You've done an amazing job ignoring me so far.

Tyro327
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/26/2018 8:30:53 AM

Do you also think people should at least message those they are more likely to be compatible with or do you think there are genuine reasons why they shouldn't?

The fact is where do you think a profile actually makes you not compatible? You think a guy who drinks is not compatible with you? Your going with that based on a beverage choice? I think you were more nitpicking on how to eliminate a guy than that really on what he drinks or don't.

A genuine reason they should and should sure there are if you have other things that are not compatible you can have an difference of opinion and learn the other sides point of view on it. It would allow you to get an overall view and make an actual informed decision and it can also help relate to those who might be in either situation, allows you to sympathize with their actions and show them another way to achieve what they want.

Yes there is also another reason to not get involved with those who are not compatible the simplest terms is you are strong willed and minded don't want your beliefs altered you like living in a world as you see it and have problems if it is turned upside down out of your comfort zone. You want to do and say things within your own group and not broaden your mind to others ideas as it's fearful for you and causes you problems in your group of like minds and could actually remove you from that particular social group.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2018 8:40:04 AM
Accidently on purpose messages and marries Mr. Cooldog when
he isn't looking, then runs away.

I get all kinds of weird messages, but then my demographics sort
of makes me expect it. I send messages to people, but mostly about
something I saw on their profile. I don't think I'm compatible with
anyone actually. Or maybe I'm just lazy.

I think POF is just like a catalog and people just message those
they are interested in. I mean who among us hasn't ordered something
from a catalog and come to find out it didn't fit or wasn't what you
expected at all?

*Replaces all the eclairs in the breakroom*
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2018 8:53:48 AM
These posts are too funny for me to leave POF.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/26/2018 9:04:39 AM
I suppose some stay at POF b/c they haven't had luck in the real world, and if that real world is a small town and thus unlikely to get new people coming in as often as POF does...then POF seems like a slightly better odds. but i'm certainly here for the forums. They're educational, as I learn what people don't know. and they're fun, if you know how to have it. its like sitting on the park bench and people-watching.
 cooldog65
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2018 9:13:59 AM
Since POF is the only site I'm on, that's the extent of my experiences. I've only blocked one woman who messaged me incessantly and was absolutely not my type.

Accidently on purpose messages and marries Mr. Cooldog when
he isn't looking, then runs away.

Come back Boo Diddley!
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 74
Brainless/Troll
Posted: 4/27/2018 8:03:22 PM

After 40, men wise up

Brainless/Troll: "After 40, men wise up...". What happened to you? What's your excuse? You're nearly 60, if that's even your real age, you're probably older than that being that you're using the account merely to troll.

You missed the wising up point in life, but it's been proven that age does not equate to mental maturity or wisdom - you're further confirmation of that, idiot.

And, most women now are doing better, living their best lives, making more and established - so stop being so assumptive. You're clueless.
 feirene
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Brainless/Troll
Posted: 4/30/2018 12:12:18 AM

The fact is where do you think a profile actually makes you not compatible? You think a guy who drinks is not compatible with you? Your going with that based on a beverage choice? I think you were more nitpicking on how to eliminate a guy than that really on what he drinks or don't.

I don't drink and do not enjoy the company of drunks (or the smell of them even), and definitely don't want anyone coming home to me drunk, so yeah it's important. These people have named themselves after alcoholic drinks and most of their pics are of them drinking so i'm guessing alcohol is important to them. If he has was holding a brew, or was named Latte89, or has a coffee making machine (lol), i'd likely be interested.

A genuine reason they should and should sure there are if you have other things that are not compatible you can have an difference of opinion and learn the other sides point of view on it. It would allow you to get an overall view and make an actual informed decision and it can also help relate to those who might be in either situation, allows you to sympathize with their actions and show them another way to achieve what they want.

Yes there is also another reason to not get involved with those who are not compatible the simplest terms is you are strong willed and minded don't want your beliefs altered you like living in a world as you see it and have problems if it is turned upside down out of your comfort zone. You want to do and say things within your own group and not broaden your mind to others ideas as it's fearful for you and causes you problems in your group of like minds and could actually remove you from that particular social group.

Ok, thanks for your opinion. This is more what i wanted.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Who messages you and you know they're not compatible?