Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Who messages you and you know they're not compatible?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 feirene
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Brainless/TrollPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Change the word “only” to “primarily” and you’re closer to the reality of the situation. If he’s a man, a younger man, then sex and the desire for sex is the primary motivating factor in his life. Period. End of sentence. But you have absolutely no way of knowing if that is the “only” thing he may offer.

True, one guy i was only interested in as a FWB wanted more and if the timing was right it might have happened. I just can't be bothered any more. If people didn't talk cr@p to get what they wanted this would all be so much easier.

Didn't even notice half the replies in here, not sure why not as they were posted ages ago and i'm sure i've been on here fairly regular.
 basilisk123
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Brainless/Troll
Posted: 4/30/2018 2:33:15 AM
I don't get messages usually. I am too ugly, I guess. (shrug).
If I were to get a message from someone who is interested, I would say the most blaring sign of incompatibility is a "just ask" profile. Those two words basically spell out their entire mentality. Too lazy to even put effort into anything. A crappy profile is better than a lazy one.
 feirene
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 7:58:42 AM
Women don't chase men usually. You've got a cute smile, or is that a rugged one?
Yeah what we supposed to ask when there is literally nothing on the profile? Some guys don't even have a pic of themselves or anything to start a conversation about either.
 basilisk123
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 12:55:17 PM
Thank you. I really don't know what type of smile that is. I find it really hard to smile in a photo. That one is me after 10 minutes in front of a camera trying to smile in a way that did not seem scary. I smile often in person, but it doesn't translate well to photos for some reason.
 wadeinwaves
Msg: 80
Brainless/Troll
Posted: 4/30/2018 9:45:46 PM
"Okay, what did the big bad white women do to you When I see people jumping ship from whatever their race is, many times it seemed less to do with their new desire, and more to do with not liking their own race.
I'm not counting the guys that target 3rd world girls to live a life of submission with them."

It also could be due to the fact when you grow up with your own race other races seem mysterious, exotic, and interesting. For some people who prefer to date their own race seeing mixed race coupled will turn heads.

Every since I started to date Arab men in my late teens I've been attracted to them. I love their dark brown eyes, curly black hair, darker complexions and accents. I'm trying to get away from dating Arabs as I've had enough experience to know the ones who are religious can be challenging to get along with. Head butting takes place and trying to understand the culture can be challenging. I had a ltr with a man from the middle east and when I went to have dinner at his niece's home the men ate first then the women were allowed to eat. It was strange for me but the norm for them. I was also told that some families have this practice where the men can eat as much as they want without consideration for the women who will eat after them. This means in many cases that most of the food would be eaten and which includes the meat in the dishes they prepare, etc. These are families in poor households who rely on animal protein to survive because there aren't many vegetables or fruits available.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Brainless/Troll
Posted: 4/30/2018 10:22:09 PM
I was teasing coold a little bit, but I have seen people focus on another race or culture for reasons other than liking their look or their culture.

Wow, I didn't know that about the Arabs. It may not apply to all Arabs, though. I have a friend that was recently in Abu Dhabi, and she said they're pretty laid back there.
 julystorm7
Msg: 82
Brainless/Troll
Posted: 4/30/2018 10:33:44 PM
It depends on the country of origin. I dated a Turkish guy many years ago, his family was fairly modern except his mother who was fairly religious and she wanted me to convert after she only knew me for two days. She bossed around her husband and ruled the roost. Turkish women don't wear a headscarf either. I ended up breaking up with him because he lied to his parents and said we broke up and then his sisters started sending me nasty messages on Facebook and he said it was nothing to get upset about.
 reverendswine
Msg: 83
Who messages you and you know they're not compatible?
Posted: 5/1/2018 7:50:08 AM
"lmfao" at religion.
 wadeinwaves
Msg: 84
Brainless/Troll
Posted: 5/1/2018 9:07:45 AM
"Wow, I didn't know that about the Arabs. It may not apply to all Arabs, though. I have a friend that was recently in Abu Dhabi, and she said they're pretty laid back there."

What I wrote about the practice of men eating first and the women eating second applies to some groups hence my writing, "I was also told that 'some' families have this practice". I have dated middle eastern men who believe in equality and there are a lot of them out there and many are against the cultural and religious beliefs they were brought up with.
 feirene
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2018 2:45:28 AM

Thank you. I really don't know what type of smile that is. I find it really hard to smile in a photo. That one is me after 10 minutes in front of a camera trying to smile in a way that did not seem scary. I smile often in person, but it doesn't translate well to photos for some reason.

It's an approachable smile i think, non-threatening. But if it took ten minutes to do that's not good, lol. And yeah a lot of people look better irl than in their pics, which is weird. I guess it has something to do with camera angles?
 Mercedes_Me
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2018 11:49:14 PM
I have a guy who keeps asking me to score in the end I just said hey mate I'm not a drug dealer.

Another say's why such long hair?..I said why are you bald?
 Akitahun
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2019 8:41:28 PM
I wonder why thugs and gangsters from South Phoenix think they have a chance on educated/professionally employed woman in Scottsdale. BLOCK/delete!!
 am70sguy
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2019 1:58:32 AM
Wonder if it's the same person(s) putting up all these those 20yo foreign models (that put 60s in as their age) that are looking for "love and honesty". damn this site reels in the scammers.
 ssm508
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Brainless/Troll
Posted: 2/10/2019 8:58:30 AM

I don't drink and do not enjoy the company of drunks (or the smell of them even), and definitely don't want anyone coming home to me drunk, so yeah it's important. These people have named themselves after alcoholic drinks and most of their pics are of them drinking so i'm guessing alcohol is important to them. If he has was holding a brew, or was named Latte89, or has a coffee making machine (lol), i'd likely be interested.

I don't think you can tell how often someone drinks based on some pictures of themselves with a alcoholic beverage. Drinking pictures can simply mean that their pictures were taken at social events that involve drinking. Whether it's at bar, family function, attending a game etc. That doesn't necessarily mean they are heavy drinkers or are alcoholics. Maybe they go to bars once or twice a month. Or maybe they are social / moderate drinkers that might have 1-3 beers at these events.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Who messages you and you know they're not compatible?