Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Switch the words "men" to " black people" in an everyday feminism pos      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kutekrazykinkster
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Switch the words men to gun in an everyday post and here's what you see.Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I know I'm saying this to people who have the mentality of children but here goes.

If this thread was made by a woman and it was about an article from an MRA which displayed as much fear and hatred against women, the woman who made the thread wouldn't be the one being attacked, all the ridicule would be going towards the author of the said article.

If people did happen to attack the woman who made the thread about the MRA article, it would be considered as "misogyny" to treat that woman exactly how I am treated in this thread.

So why should it be any different when it's the other way?

I find it so laughable how these people who are attacking me consider themselves to be progressives. To be a progressive, you actually have to be aiming for equality, not double standards. Therefore, when it comes to equality, that means sexist women get treated the same as sexist men. The case we see in this thread is that the leftists condone the sexist woman who made the article simply because of her gender. If it was a male who made such an article about women, these same leftists would be singing a whole tune.

To be a progressive, you actually have to understand what equality is. If you don't understand what equality is, it's not possible for you to be a progressive as you need to understand equality to know how to achieve it.

My opponents in here are people who are in their 40s,50s, 60s. They are at this age and yet still can't understand what equality actually stands for. It really takes a stupid person to make this mistake.

Who knows how these people believe that having double standards will somehow achieve equality. They are complete opposites. It's impossible to be a progressive and want double standards as you are going the opposite direction to equality. To be a progressive, you have to be aiming for equality.

So please, stop thinking you are morally superior progressives who are fighting the good fight. You're not, you are the complete opposite. You are each and every bit just as bad as a person who is really a misogynist. You are acting no better than a true misogynist. The only difference is that you are directing the same disgusting behaviour towards another gender.

You people are nearly everything that you claim to be against. Nearly everything that you claim me to be, it's so easy to shove a mirror in your face and make you see the exact same. To stop this from happening, you need to stop being disgusting sanctimonious hypocrites .

Out of me and all my detractors in here, I'm the only one who wants equality. Let that sink in.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 78
Switch the words men to gun in an everyday post and here's what you see.
Posted: 4/23/2018 5:35:29 AM
and yet the original article says right up front:

"We don’t think that all X are inherently abusive or dangerous. Plenty of X aren’t. There are X who we love very much – X around whom we feel mostly safe and unthreatened; X who, in fact, support, respect, and take care of us on familial, platonic, romantic, and sexual levels. Not every X has violated us individually; for most of us, there are plenty of X that we trust. We know what you mean by “not all X” – because on a basic level, we agree with you."

>>>so the article clearly says, NOT ALL X ARE BAD--IN FACT, MOST ARE NOT BAD. and then it says:

"But the socialization of X is such that even a good X – a supportive X, a respectful X, a trusted X – has within him the POTENTIAL for violence and harm"

>>>Well, duh, what doesn't have the potential? We're all descended from animals. That's not a surprise. Let's use the word dogs--not all dogs WILL bite you, but they have the POTENTIAL to bite you. Even a good dog, mess with its food bowl while its eating, and see what happens.

you haven't made your case, b/c you keep defending a bad example. Try again with a different one.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 79
Posted: 4/23/2018 7:29:23 AM

Out of me and all my detractors in here, I'm the only one who wants equality. Let that sink in.

Actually, I haven't read that in your posts at all. In fact, you seem more like a ping pong ball and are all over the place. And you just want to argue and have someone say "you're right". Page 3 now and no one has said "you're right", that must tell you something. You high school boy manner of thinking isn't working.
 Braylen99
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/23/2018 9:30:49 AM
I think he’s right so so much for your theory
 ghostata
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/23/2018 9:38:08 AM

I think he’s right so so much for your theory

A brand New ID says he's right...that holds a lot of weight.

Undoubtedly there are many who agree. From my vantage point though most guys who worry about this are being beat out by women left and right....and they don't like it so they are fighting back the only way they can.

Its a meritocracy out there in the Capitalistic World for better or worse, Especially today...nobody is going to hand you anything. If you can't make it, blaming the other sex is not going to help you....you are still going to be losing. Maybe you just aren't smart enough, maybe you aren't good enough, maybe you don't know how to play ball....you can probably find lots of reasons to excuse yourself and blame somebody else...but you know what...life is unfair... suck it up and look in the mirror if you want to see the real reason why you are where you are. Some people overcome...some are just always victims. Its the way of the world.
 mungo_joe
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2018 2:12:52 PM

Maybe you just aren't smart enough, maybe you aren't good enough, maybe you don't know how to play ball

I seriously doubt that the word... "maybe"... belongs anywhere in there...

you are still going to be losing.

Obviously... the OP is quite familiar with that feeling... What the OP isn't familiar with is... that this below... isn't going to change it... ever...

You high school boy manner of thinking isn't working.

I think 'losing'... is just something he needs to learn to accept... and get used to... because it's going to be happening... for the rest of his life...

It truly is sad... to have to be that direct and straight-forward... with someone over 30... although... I do find it... 'interesting'... that this is becoming increasingly more noticeable... among those with no more than High School...

It's almost as if... the advancing world is leaving them behind... in the dust (Actually, it isn't an "as if", it's what happens when you think you know more than the adults around you)...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Switch the words "men" to " black people" in an everyday feminism post and here's what you see.