Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Forum Wisdom?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spot4username
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Your last date was when? Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
^^^
Well if you will look at my comment up there ^ somewhere you will see that I don't care for OLD either. I have said this many, many times. I don't have active profiles on any sites but Tinder and Bumble and they don't work the way POF, Match, etc. do. I would say that perhaps 15% of my dates can be attributed to Tinder or Bumble. Some of the men who I have matched with on those sites are men that I actually already "know". That is sort of fun when it happens. It is like finding out someone you had a crush on feels the same way. The vast majority of my dates occur the old fashioned way - eye contact and a smile. There is absolutely no way to replicate a real life meeting. None.

If a man believes saying hi guarantees sex he is an idiot. So are the women who believe that. Haven't you people ever heard there are only two guarantees in life? Death and taxes.
 Braylen99
Msg: 52
Your last date was when?
Posted: 4/27/2018 6:17:33 AM
To be quite frank, sex almost always happened when I pursued it with women that contacted me first.

So maybe I should pursue women that smile at me?

I just had an epiphany!!
Your last date was when?
Posted: 4/27/2018 7:52:50 AM

To be quite frank, sex almost always happened when I pursued it with women that contacted me first.

So maybe I should pursue women that smile at me?

I just had an epiphany!!

Careful there, you will get called an idiot. You are making too much sense, we can't have that around here.
 five-marie
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Your last date was when?
Posted: 4/27/2018 10:25:25 AM
When I was still dating I often contacted men first. Don't recall any difference between who contacted who first when it came to expectations of sex. I think most were flattered and maybe relieved they didn't have to do the chasing for a change.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 55
Trollboy, the question was based on real life situations, not your dreams or delusions.
Posted: 4/27/2018 5:32:56 PM

Your delusions of grandeur are comical, but your comments are spoken like a true troll.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Your last date was when?
Posted: 4/27/2018 5:57:29 PM
Spot, I know you say you live among tourists, so I would be extra cautious that the men you're contacting that are just visiting don't think you're a prostitute. Meeting men with that mentality could be dangerous.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Forum Wisdom?
Posted: 4/27/2018 8:01:09 PM

What is the most important or "eye opening" thing you have learned through participating here?

Watch what they do, not what they say.

Has there ever been a thread or threads you participated in or at least READ that caused you to change your SOP concerning OLD?

Not any particular thread or threads but the general atmosphere is often so negative, or threads that were initial positive/interesting degenerate into negativity or troll-feeding that it affects my attitude about dating. The change to my SOP regarding OLD is that I periodically delete my profile while I get an attitude adjustment.
 cooldog65
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Your last date was when?
Posted: 4/27/2018 8:16:51 PM

Spot, I know you say you live among tourists, so I would be extra cautious that the men you're contacting that are just visiting don't think you're a prostitute. Meeting men with that mentality could be dangerous.

This statement appears concerning, but it is actually an insult. I'm sure Spot will notice and respond accordingly.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Your last date was when?
Posted: 4/27/2018 8:38:51 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ indubitably
 spot4username
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Your last date was when?
Posted: 4/28/2018 1:59:24 AM
^^^
I will take my dear, wise, and very much missed grandmother's advice on two counts.

Pretty is as pretty does.

And

Consider the source.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 61
Your last date was when?
Posted: 4/28/2018 6:45:28 AM

Spot, I know you say you live among tourists, so I would be extra cautious that the men you're contacting that are just visiting don't think you're a prostitute. Meeting men with that mentality could be dangerous

Well...this is just ....wtf!!
Have no idea where you think you were heading with this statement.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Your last date was when?
Posted: 4/28/2018 6:58:48 AM
She always mentions living in a tourist (vacationers) community, and contacts them. Some guys look for those kinds of hookups when traveling, so it is something to be wary of. Similar to the recent thread where the guy said he's traveling and looking for "guides" (companionship) in those states.
 KPOL52
Msg: 63
Your last date was when?
Posted: 4/28/2018 8:24:00 AM
MLC. Misery Loves Company.

It's wayyyyyyy easier to mope, whine, bash, attack, slander and generally display a poor attitude than it is to post something productive or in anyway helpful.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Your last date was when?
Posted: 4/28/2018 9:04:04 AM

Forum Wisdom?

Bwaahhahahahhhaaaaa......ha...ha.

Good one.

It's wayyyyyyy easier to mope, whine, bash, attack, slander and generally display a poor attitude than it is to post something productive or in anyway helpful.

And sometimes, it's just more fun.

post something productive or in anyway helpful.

Much of the time, it's like needing to explain 2 + 2 =4 to a group of college students.

People should have "gotten" the basics a long time ago.

But, from the stories they tell of their track record, or the life philosophies they espouse, they didn't.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Your last date was when?
Posted: 4/28/2018 9:13:39 AM

As silly & exaggerated as this is -- there's actually some truth to it. There's a psychological benefit I've noticed over the many years when it came to myself & my peers: When the gal writes you first and she swings into conversation with you after you respond, your dating luck with said gal is significantly better than if you wrote her first.

When I was still dating I often contacted men first. Don't recall any difference between who contacted who first when it came to expectations of sex.

I don't think so either. I think with many gals, when they initiate things with a guy, they're not doing it to a ton... and have something psychologically 'riding on it' underneath it all (avoiding rejection)... moreso than guys (who are more used to such things).

I think most were flattered and maybe relieved they didn't have to do the chasing for a change.

Yeah, it's a different "game board" setup, by the way the tone's set up. It is liked by us. Guys are going to go the path of least resistance when they have to almost always initiate & chase. A gal writing him boosts his confidence with her and puts him at ease, too. Win-win.

I know you say you live among tourists, so I would be extra cautious that the men you're contacting that are just visiting don't think you're a prostitute. Meeting men with that mentality could be dangerous.

LOL. Yeah, when I go down to Florida, or Cali, I always think the gals on Tinder/POF/Bumble are prostitutes who reply to my messages. My 2nd message is always "How much do you charge?" Ya know, I never did get a date with a gal when on a little vacation. Hmmm. ;)

Some guys look for those kinds of hookups when traveling, so it is something to be wary of.

First, there's a YUGE difference between a vacation fling and hunting for prostitutes. Second, the only 'danger', generally speaking (VS dating in a sizeable city), is a waste of time, if one's in the mode of LTR-hunting. But I'm sure someone who uses Tinder & Bumble and lives in a tourist spot is already aware of how to handle the sizable % of vacationer-visitors in there.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 66
just b/c i don't get dates doesn't mean i don't understand why :)
Posted: 4/28/2018 9:25:32 AM
"to be quite frank"

>>ok, Frank.

"sex typically happened with women who pursue me first"

>>>sounds obvious, but its true. if we're just looking for some hanky in our panky, its best to chase women who are already interested in us. But some want a sexual relationship as proof they can win over a hottie, so they ignore this obviousness and go after some random hottie they just spotted.

"Spot, I know you say you live among tourists, so I would be extra cautious that the men you're contacting that are just visiting don't think you're a prostitute. Meeting men with that mentality could be dangerous."

>>>i'd say she's old enough to know better, but...that'll get my own ass in the crosshairs :) lol

since Spottie is a south'nr, I would have reckoned she would have said, "bless her heart" and we'd all know what that meant....from all of our Forum Wisdom, of course.
 HanoverFella
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/28/2018 10:57:48 AM
I believe Spot said it all in message 5
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2018 11:13:56 AM
LOL, Yes Hanover, she did. Splendidly!

LOL, "ass in the crosshairs"
I've seen a few crosshairs, on more than one ass, just sayin'!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2018 6:41:11 PM
Palm Springs golf tournaments attract prostitutes, so I'm sure ones on Amelia Island do the same. Men looking for prostitutes will be hitting on women that aren't pros. In NYC, if you're walking in an area known for pros, they're gonna be hitting on you like you're a prostitute. My comment isn't about spot or women, it's about men and how they react.
 Braylen99
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/28/2018 7:06:53 PM
Women on disability receiving alimony are worse then men paying for sex

Keeping it real New York!
 julystorm7
Msg: 71
Forum Wisdom?
Posted: 4/28/2018 11:19:32 PM
someone tell me? Is it really so common that men always hit up prostitutes when they go on vacation? I would be so thoroughly disgusted if I found out a guy I was seeing or even know for that matter got with a prostitute. I can't help but think of all the possible STDs he'd get from such a romp. All this talk of prostitutes is kind of freaking me out. Are all men that sex-crazed that they'd seek out hookers? I realize that obviously there's no shortage of clientele for them but geez. Am I going to have to wonder if every single guy I meet has paid for a prostitute?!

Norwegie, were you being serious or sarcastic with your last post? Do you actually phone up prostitutes when you go to Florida?
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 72
Forum Wisdom?
Posted: 4/29/2018 12:32:13 AM
^^^ Women also sleep around, except they don’t have to pay for it. If I found out a girl I was dating had many men in the past, I’d be freaked out.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Forum Wisdom?
Posted: 4/29/2018 12:35:24 AM
July, if a guy is vacationing in the Philippines or Thailand, there's a higher chance it's an actual sex holiday, what's called a "sex and drug holiday". Prostitutes work conventions and gatherings that are heavily male attended. Pros hang out in bars where they'll find men traveling on business.

The men aren't sex crazed. There are many reasons why guys use them. You would be surprised at who uses hookers.

Prostitutes are like c0ckroaches , they're everywhere. If you ever see an apt window with a red light in it, could be a hooker operation.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Forum Wisdom?
Posted: 4/29/2018 1:13:35 AM
July... USN sailors closed down the “biggest & best” brothel here in 2002......exhausted the ladies.... we have stringent rules regarding working industry down here... in fact the working girls would be “cleaner” with frequent STD screenings than some of the bar girls that never get themselves tested.....
yes, your average joe hits the brothels and prostitutes - I dare say it’s just something not bragged about.
 Don56789
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Forum Wisdom?
Posted: 4/29/2018 2:03:57 AM
julystorm7
someone tell me? Is it really so common that men always hit up prostitutes when they go on vacation? I would be so thoroughly disgusted if I found out a guy I was seeing or even know for that matter got with a prostitute. I can't help but think of all the possible STDs he'd get from such a romp. All this talk of prostitutes is kind of freaking me out. Are all men that sex-crazed that they'd seek out hookers? I realize that obviously there's no shortage of clientele for them but geez. Am I going to have to wonder if every single guy I meet has paid for a prostitute?!

Norwegie, were you being serious or sarcastic with your last post? Do you actually phone up prostitutes when you go to Florida?

If it can reassure you, I'm not like that. I hate the idea of being with someone who doesn't really want to have sex with me.
I'm sure I'm not the only one. :-)
You're hearing from a percentage of the population, not all of it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Forum Wisdom?