Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Don’t want any negativity in my profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sussex11
Msg: 26
Don’t want any negativity in my profile Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I have just recently came across a video on you tube about this very subject. I heard that most men don't even read the profile, they go by the pictures. A man told me this...hum interesting.
 spot4username
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Don’t want any negativity in my profile
Posted: 6/11/2018 3:30:08 AM

I have just recently came across a video on you tube about this very subject. I heard that most men don't even read the profile, they go by the pictures. A man told me this...hum interesting.

A few years back (it is what got me deleted lololololol) I did a little experiment with my profile and we documented it here in these very threads. I wish it was still around. It was comedy gold.

I changed my main to a photo from years gone by. I said in the caption that it was an old photo and the year. I was wearing a bikini. I left up my current/dated photos. I also changed all of the content of my About Me. I made it cliche' and made myself sound like a nightmare - princess, the man pays for everything, I needed to be entertained, expected to be taken on trips, taken shopping, no job, etc. Every time someone in the thread would have a good or funny idea for something for me to add I would add it. Based on what we read here in these threads you would think that no man would come near me let alone message me. Welp... that is not the case. I have never, ever received so many messages and offers of dinner and excursions. It was astounding. I couldn't keep up with all the messages. I would post the message content. It really was eye opening.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 28
SEX SELLS
Posted: 6/11/2018 5:35:34 AM

A few years back (it is what got me deleted lololololol) I did a little experiment with my profile and we documented it here in these very threads. I wish it was still around. It was comedy gold.

I changed my main to a photo from years gone by. I said in the caption that it was an old photo and the year. I was wearing a bikini. I left up my current/dated photos. I also changed all of the content of my About Me. I made it cliche' and made myself sound like a nightmare - princess, the man pays for everything, I needed to be entertained, expected to be taken on trips, taken shopping, no job, etc. Every time someone in the thread would have a good or funny idea for something for me to add I would add it. Based on what we read here in these threads you would think that no man would come near me let alone message me. Welp... that is not the case. I have never, ever received so many messages and offers of dinner and excursions. It was astounding. I couldn't keep up with all the messages. I would post the message content. It really was eye opening.

I recall your last current pic- you are still very pretty & shapely. What you just shared tells me yes, men are shallow & will spend $ on a woman they find attractive, at least initially, even if she may be a princess & / or unemployed, etc.

I say INITIALLY.

Some say gold diggers etc. I think the ability for a man to pay screens out the lower income men (I never looked for a millionaire-just didn't want anyone who was on a lower socio-economic scale)

Once a couple has MET & ascertained there is MORE than looks, or have had 3-4 dates & ascertained either is not crazy or any other deal breaker, then it's REAL.

A relationship cannot go (for the most part) forward if the couple are not an emotional match.

Also, the average forum male is not representative of the men on POF who come here to successfully date ;0)

There are many eye openers in the forums, but if a person is BLIND, they won't see it!

When Cowboy was still a mod, I did my own experiment. I changed my ad to "intimate encounter" & like yourself, posted about it. Many got angry & said I should be nuked, Cowboy said nothing wrong w/ what I did & allowed it.

I got over 100 messages the 1st night (Friday) & by Sunday night, close to 500.

Guess what?
These were polite, well written letters from men who had clear, recent pics, seemed intelligent, etc. Very clear, respectful communication. When I had myself up as looking for a relationship, I got 80% lazy/jerky emails.

A certain type of man wants a certain type of relationship & values that in his life. It's a priority to him & people make an effort for what is a priority to them, including dropping some discretionary income on a date.

A female friend of mine was on AFF & said she had the same experiences & best dates w/ high caliber men who were focused & attentive.

OUR RESIDENT OLDER MAN PLAYBOY EVEN SAYS IT:

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/16709288datingPostpage2.aspx

ohenryx: "I believe that sexual interest is what differentiates dating. Note that I did not say having a goal of getting laid, just a mutual sexual interest. Others right here in this very thread have talked up the goal of obtaining a relationship. Basically, I’m with dragonbytes, it should be for fun, mutual enjoyment of the time spent together. But in my book, it still isn’t “dating” without the sexual interest. "

"If you get together with one or more of your girl friends to go out and do something together, is that a date? If I get together with one or more of my male friends to go shoot pool and tell lies about the good old days, is that a date?

In my mind, no, neither of the above is a “date”. Why not? No sexual interest, that’s why not."
 ohenryx
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Negativity in profiles
Posted: 6/11/2018 7:17:14 AM

spot4username

Forget the message content, post the bikini picture again, it was HOT! (smile)

I remember your experiment, and I most definitely remember the picture. Leaving the picture aside, your “over the top” profile was just exactly that, over the top. Most men would read that and think you were making an attempt at humor or satire or something along those lines. And just the fact that your profile was not YABHHP (yet another boring ho hum profile) made you more interesting, in and of itself.

And back on topic, negativity in the profile – just go on Tinder or Bumble. In most case there are no words, none. There are a few with a single paragraph, mostly saying “no hookups” or “not DTF”. And this business model is obviously working for them, so perhaps profiles on dating sites with actual words are obsolete, the 20th century model of how things used to be?
 reverendswine
Msg: 30
Negativity in profiles
Posted: 6/11/2018 7:25:08 AM

I'm a man, and I'm telling you women don't read them, either. "Only here for the forums" does not bring messages to a screeching halt for me. I've also had women I met from this site in the past tell me they didn't read my profile when I brought up something that was in it, and guess what? I didn't care. I didn't end the date or cut all ties with them over it like many pretentious women would.

Gosh, I hate to shit all over the "men are so shallow, women are so much deeper" notion (really, I do), but it has surely earned it.

But hey, don't take my word for it. Create a male profile and find out for yourself.

Forget the message content, post the bikini picture again, it was HOT! (smile)

I didn't see it. I miss all the good shit. I missed out on this infamous "Nataly" character I see mentioned all the time, too.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 31
Negativity in profiles
Posted: 6/11/2018 9:55:06 AM
"Leaving the picture aside, your “over the top” profile was just exactly that, over the top. Most men would read that and think you were making an attempt at humor or satire or something along those lines. And just the fact that your profile was not YABHHP (yet another boring ho hum profile) made you more interesting, in and of itself."

>>>at the risk of sounding cynical. i'm going to disagree and say the response was along the lines of, "wow, all I have to do is "buy" that thing I normally am denied, and I can have it with nothing more than cash or take her shopping or put up with a little attitude?" I say that b/c golfers, for example, know that they don't have what Tiger Woods was born with, and don't have the same amount of time to practice....but if you sell a special golf ball or club or some gizmo that guarantees they'll knock a bunch of points off their swing...you bet they'll spend money on it, even if they wonder if its snake oil. "Hey, its only $20, if it works its worth it". Tennis is the same, bicycling, etc. Any sport or hobby where we think we can replace time, talent, etc with just the cash in our pocket or by science (how many take steroids?) by taking any other shortcut to nirvana...there's a line of people trying to "Buy" that shortcut.

"perhaps profiles on dating sites with actual words are obsolete, the 20th century model of how things used to be?"

>>>henry, you remind me that humans went from letters to telegraph to telephone to fax to email to text. We generally go after the fastest medium we can.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Don’t want any negativity in my profile