Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > She called to catch up out of the blue..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 26
view profile
History
She called to catch up out of the blue..Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
^^^ I'm guessing he's referring to the 2 out of the last 10.

I have a 10 post a day limit imposed by the same former mod who restricted Henry, too.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 27
view profile
History
She called to catch up out of the blue..
Posted: 4/21/2018 9:27:02 PM
Sounds like you had been bad😈 It's unfortunate that they're not around to undo things. I told Henry I'd start a thread for him, he'd just have to message me with the wording.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2018 5:15:27 AM
LMAO, ................No we did not have to be BAD.
Back then breaking the Forum RULES got yourself in hot water.
For example. The rules STATE you DO NOT address a comment TO / direct a response AT another poster.

A post in the Forums must only be as a direct result of the Original Post, / The original topic. That's it Period.

IF you broke these rules, ................or pissed off a MOD, THEY slapped your hand, delivered restrictions, or sent you to time out for a few days or sent you to Banned island.

Some years ago, I was given a 3 day "time out" because, I posted a response addressed to another user including their screen name. A regular Forum participant, claimed no women in his area would respond to a message sent from him. I wrote, "Purplerider, I'm near you, send a message, I'll reply.

TIME OUT!
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2018 5:32:10 AM
OP should forget about it and focus on meeting new girls.

No we did not have to be BAD.
Back then breaking the Forum RULES got yourself in hot water.

Not just for breaking written rules. Alison suspended, banned, and repressed users who didn't do anything against any posted rule.

A previous incarnation of me, in addition to being locked out of forums for about a week, was permanently unable to post new threads or to vote on keeping/deleting new threads because of Alison. All I did was post a logical, impersonal response on an Ask A Guy thread. Apparently someone got her granny knickers in a bunch and whined to Alison, who apparently shared the snitch's attitude and imposed the inappropriate punishments.

I wasn't always a saint in that previous account: other times I thought my account might get nuked after making a controversial post, but I didn't even get flamed in responses. Still other times I made mild, seemingly inoffensive posts and got flamed.

The forums on OKC had two bad mods (Rox and Sapio), but apparently they didn't have the power to ban users because Rox posted that she would make a complaint to have my account deleted, and she did not succeed.
 sclass7
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2018 5:17:11 PM
The ten post limit makes me wait after I've made ten posts in a thread I've started, it says it's for "the sake of enriching conversations" or something like that.

Thanks for digging up an old thread. I know it's the same story but things obviously changed and I wanted more opinions. I did move on for six months until she initiated contact.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2018 5:21:43 PM
It really sounds like you have mental issues. You're not seeing this thing with this girl for what it is (nothing), and you're obsessing. If you want to obsess over her, enjoy!

Kelley300698
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/23/2018 1:21:19 AM
Just because she has a boyfriend and is living with him, doesn't imply that she is not looking for an upgrade. She saw you as a possible upgrade, but then she found our or realized that you are not an upgrade. Likely you are not even as desirable as what she has. Even though she may be exceptionally attractive, there are lots of other pretty girls you can date even if not quite as attractive.
 whiterose0
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2018 10:59:30 AM

Thanks for digging up an old thread. I know it's the same story but things obviously changed and I wanted more opinions. I did move on for six months until she initiated contact.

OP, you're just an orbiter she wants to keep around to stroke her ego.

If you don't know what that means, Google "women with orbiter male friends".
 Qura
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2018 2:20:06 PM
OP, what I'm seeing here is you playing, "If they just understood the whole thing as I do, they'd give me the answer I want."

Unfortunately, that is not true, nor is it a good way to get advice. Trust me--I used to do that, so I know.

Post your question, read the answers. If you don't like the answers, consider why--because they are not thoughtful? Or because they do not contain what you want to hear?

Most people here have said that you don't really have a chance. Ok. What difference does that make? Either you will walk away or take a chance. You don't need anyone's approval to risk it--why argue?

Good luck, either way.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2018 3:22:41 PM

Just because she has a boyfriend and is living with him, doesn't imply that she is not looking for an upgrade.

Yeah, but the dumbest thing in the world to do is to 'bite' that she will 'upgrade' on that. When not happy with someone she's living with, it's not so much a better 'product' -- but she's just happier with someone Else... whether it be they don't match right, he's a jerk, or in her heart she's just not set to settle down, thus feels tied down. The biggest bonehead move to do would be to chase a gal you just met who's living with a guy -- even if she claims she's broken up. Not matter what she passes along that her 'heart' or 'gut' says is kosher.

If you don't know what that means, Google "women with orbiter male friends".

The bad part though is that a high % of gals who always seem to have at least an orbiter or two hanging around... is that they are the ones drawing them in for attention/validation. To shed the feeling of 'completion' that orbiters can bring to some folks, it took an ex of mine to have 3 kids + move to another state with a guy. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > She called to catch up out of the blue..