Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > CLEAVAGE      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 76
CLEAVAGEPage 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
The difference between boobs and money - a woman is born being able to grow a pair of boobs; people usually need to put in hard work to get money, unless they inherited it.
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 77
view profile
History
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/13/2018 10:29:02 PM
This thread is making me sick, it is filled with so many BS sexist presumptions.

I got a huge rack, for years I hid under turtle necks, sweating like crazy then getting hives, slunched over trying to hide until my back was screaming. Getting sent home from school because the same outfit my friends were wearing looked more seductive on my proportions, having men treat me like a bimbo and women hate me for being "competition". Being man handled then blamed for it. It took my a LONG time to accept myself as I am.

I am 42 now, and ya know what I'm NOT doing at this age? Living my life according to what idiots who probably live WAY less moral lives than myself think of my having big boobs. Its sexist and narcissistic to think women have cleavage solely to attract to men, I'll wear what I want, when I want, because *I* want to, imagine that! A woman who dresses her body based upon what SHE is comfortable in. What a novel idea!
 nba24
Msg: 78
view profile
History
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/13/2018 10:44:20 PM
Do i find big boobs attractive yes yes i do but a women does not have to have big boobs to be attractive. There are some women that have big boobs that i think are attractive there are some women with big boobs i would say are ugly. There are some women that are skinning and flat chested that i find attractive. Athletic look can be sexy. Eyes, legs, face, smile, butt, are all things that i can notice on women besides big boobs. I would say nice eyes are like the first thing i notice about a good looking women in fact. For example my big famous person crush right now is daisy ridely the women who plays Rey in star wars 7-8 and she is flat chested but i am like in love with her lol. She has the cutest smile, great eyes and a nice butt.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 79
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/13/2018 10:48:45 PM

Its sexist and narcissistic to think women have cleavage solely to attract to men, I'll wear what I want, when I want, because *I* want to, imagine that! A woman who dresses her body based upon what SHE is comfortable in. What a novel idea!

If they’re doing it on a dating site, it likely is meant to attract men.
 basilisk123
Msg: 80
view profile
History
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/13/2018 11:15:36 PM
"Living my life according to what idiots who probably live WAY less moral lives than myself think of my having big boobs. Its sexist and narcissistic to think women have cleavage solely to attract to men, I'll wear what I want, when I want, because *I* want to, imagine that! A woman who dresses her body based upon what SHE is comfortable in. What a novel idea! "-madameboisseau

As you should be doing. Dress for your tastes.
This conversation is not about men forcing women to dress a certain way however. We are discussing this topic to find out the male equivalent of a female's cleavage shot as she shows it on a dating website photo.

Madameboisseau, what do you think would be an appropriate male equivalent to the cleavage shot? What do you like seeing in a photo of a guy? What makes you say, "DAMN! I got to check him out"?
The majority of responders say it is a body part like shoulders, abs, or chest. July had the novel idea that material possessions inside the photo like cars should also be considered.

I say it is too abstract to consider, but perhaps it needs further thought.
 julystorm7
Msg: 81
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/13/2018 11:42:30 PM
I don't think there is an equivalent body part of men. Women aren't wired the same way. A woman doesn't typically see a nice ass and say to themselves they want to "tap that". I'm still going to go with my original answer and say that a guy with a good job and money attracts. And a nice face. I didn't say the nice face part before because its the equivalent to a women's face.

Think about when you were in high school. What guys really had the ladies crushing on them? Usually, it was the first-string jocks. And other than nice faces and physical fitness and good heights, why were they so attractive? The answer is status and lifestyle. A nice car also did wonders. If you dated one of those guys, you got to go to all the cool parties, be part of the major events at school, etc. And post-school, that idea becomes equivalent to job and wallet.

Men can't understand this because they aren't drawn to a woman for her status or money or job. They are either looking for someone they think will be good in bed or someone that can take care of other needs (food, clothing, shelter) or someone who can be a good mother to future kids. Marilyn Monroe in the bedroom. Martha Stewart in the kitchen. Mary Poppins in the nursery. Yes, this is the 21st century but men are drawn to these things still. And men want to be the one that provides safety and security.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 82
view profile
History
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/14/2018 12:28:26 AM

If they’re doing it on a dating site, it likely is meant to attract men.

Like your pic is meant to attract women. I don’t see the point.
Besides would a woman be better to dress conservatively in pics if that’s not how she styles and dresses herself in real life?
Faces, smiles, eyes, bodies, feet, boobs.....soooo many attractive body parts :)
 JGL209
Msg: 83
view profile
History
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/14/2018 12:49:07 AM
I click on profiles because I think she has a pretty face or a nice full body picture. Cleavage doesn't motivated me to click especially if in the picture it's a half body picture and she's obviously made her breast look bigger than what they are. Usually those cleavage pictures are hiding ginormous bellies that dwarfs their boobs or its some chick out of league or at least fake profile picture.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 84
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/14/2018 2:54:53 AM

Like your pic is meant to attract women. I don’t see the point.
Besides would a woman be better to dress conservatively in pics if that’s not how she styles and dresses herself in real life?
Faces, smiles, eyes, bodies, feet, boobs.....soooo many attractive body parts

I wish I had something that would attract women the way boobs attract men. It’s been a while since a woman even viewed my profile, and my inbox is gathering dust.
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/14/2018 4:06:48 AM
(MadameBoisseau) One thing that I think men generally don't realize is how hot or uncomfortable boobs can be with the wrong clothing. A lot of the cleavage out there in the world is there because women are trying to dress for a little more comfort and to not be so hot, etc. However, I don't see that much effort to design clothing that makes it less-hot yet less-revealing. It's not necessary to reveal in order to be more cool and comfy. And not that much effort in choosing such clothing. Nonetheless...this is about what the genders use as 'bait', and what 'baits' them...not a criticism of women in general having boobs and cleavage.

Btw: I notice another thing that's very curious, concerning women in public in real life. Many of them are almost always dressing in shorts...showing their whole legs. They don't have to, for comfort. In fact we always see women still doing similarly in winter while us men asking "damn aren't they freezing?". It should be admitted - women are still trying to flaunt their body and value themselves according to sexuality to a great extent. The same as those men who need to be so flashy. And the workplace has gotten out of hand - women want to be valued in a different way, but they make damned sure that they show leg, and lots of sexy-designed makeup, etc. Women know how to be conservative, so obviously they're making a conscious choice and effort in this department.

If a woman is okay with the phenomena of cleavage attracting men and earning potential attracting women...the implication is that her body and her sexuality is her main or at least initial commodity and source of value as a woman, and a man's money or status his - which can further suggest some possibility that women really do have little sexual interest in men, and even maybe little interest in 'who he is as a person' - just as much as a given man who is affected by boobs so much doesn't care so much about her, but just her boobs, etc. We should examine further why we still want to operate this way concerning what attracts us. We should compare this to how we speak of gender in society and relationships, and see if things match up.

If you dated one of those guys, you got to go to all the cool parties, be part of the major events at school

Which should even further invoke horror in a man concerning a woman's intentions or motivations.

Marilyn Monroe in the bedroom. Martha Stewart in the kitchen. Mary Poppins in the nursery. Yes, this is the 21st century but men are drawn to these things still. And men want to be the one that provides safety and security.

This conversation just doesn't have enough variety - You can't really say this about so many men, nor women. You couldn't even say it about the past as much as we might think that we can.

I don't think there is an equivalent body part of men. Women aren't wired the same way. A woman doesn't typically see a nice ass and say to themselves they want to "tap that".

Nah. Not buying it. Again, we need a better sampling-pool of candid opinion. We're wired with some differences, sure. But not quite these differences. Women DO look at...for example, their crotch. And their butt. They do it all of the time. And try to imagine "what he's like". As with a lot of things, many men are just still tricked into not noticing. Women still enjoy and exploit some invisibility. Women are constantly looking at a man's body, and certain body parts. I'm surprised no one in here has mentioned the "arms" thing, like with the "hands"(Or has someone?) We're always hearing about a woman liking a man's arms.

We're just still catering to a popular perception on this topic, versus talking honestly. When asked what is the male equivalent of cleavage, something like "hands" were given. And "arms" could be given. And those would be some honest and logical answers. Are women attracted to or baited by earning-potential or status? Yes, they are. But that is a very different discussion...that is not as much of a maybe-definitive male equivalent to cleavage.
 reverendswine
Msg: 86
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/14/2018 5:43:31 AM

This thread is making me sick

Good, then go to bed and come back when you're feeling better.

I don't think there is an equivalent body part of men. Women aren't wired the same way.

WHAT??? This is SO wrong.

Think about when you were in high school. What guys really had the ladies crushing on them? Usually, it was the first-string jocks.

Yes, this does make sense, but oddly enough, my two years playing football, I had the most glorious position of all for one of those years - quarterback, yet it did absolutely nothing for me (well, except give me a broken bone in three places) No one gave two shits.

However, I joined my first band at age 16, and shortly after, the whole school knew my name. Social status does indeed make a difference, but to say women don't have favorite body parts? That's just ludicrous. I know better from my own experience
 Coma_White
Msg: 87
view profile
History
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/14/2018 11:15:49 AM

I am 42 now, and ya know what I'm NOT doing at this age? Living my life according to what idiots who probably live WAY less moral lives than myself think of my having big boobs. Its sexist and narcissistic to think women have cleavage solely to attract to men, I'll wear what I want, when I want, because *I* want to, imagine that! A woman who dresses her body based upon what SHE is comfortable in. What a novel idea!

Nothing wrong with wearing whatever you want, but a lot of women are clearly flaunting their body parts in their profile pictures to get messages. I don't have a problem with that, those aren't my type of women, but that's what they're doing. It's the same as a man having a shirtless photo or photo of his car. I feel comfortable without a shirt on at home, but it's painfully obvious I'm looking for one thing if I put a shirtless picture as my profile picture. No one is being fooled here.
 hemingway234
Msg: 88
view profile
History
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/14/2018 12:16:05 PM
Speaking about women's cloths, skirts or shorts with boots makes no sense to me - Boots are for cold, shorts are for warm weather.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 89
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/14/2018 5:36:17 PM
Some girls who developed early, tried to hide from the attention while others were so bold they didn't get teased. And nerds learned to tamp down their natural intelligence to not get picked on at recess. among many children, the child who stood out, either got picked on or was bold and turned it back or withstood it. Children can be mean, what can we say. Of course, if an adult man walks into a bar with his shirt unbuttoned way down...everyone assumes he's showing off his chest fur to show virility and is attempting to pick up chicks. and let's not talk about the shirtless bathroom pic. So it goes both ways.

what the genders are generally attracted to, may very well depend upon their role in procreating the next generation. Tho some men make love skinny women b/c models are skinny, and models have dating status--the irony being models aren't chosen for their healthy child birthing bodies, but to be clothes-hangers that don't distract the viewer from the fashion with a hot rack or hips you just want to grab. there's a logical reason plus size models didn't exist until recently, but some people have fallen for the status rather than what they see--just like Rubenesque women used to be attractive b/c they were wealthy enough to eat well, and skinny women were poor serfs who starved.

some people are attracted to what makes them look better, like eye candy on the arm.
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 90
view profile
History
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/14/2018 7:27:45 PM
My photos are of how I normally look: yoga pants and jacket, spandex dress when I dress up, or scrubs when I'm at work.
I posted how I normally look to give an honest representation of myself.
Men can like it, or they can not like it - attraction is relative to individual tastes. There are just as many men who like flat chests and blondes than there are ones who like curvy brunettes.
I have no interest in "seducing" men or trying to "attract" men for my physical appearance because I am FAR more than my rack. I am 42, this body and face is VERY fleeting, I have NO use for someone who isn't in it for the personality above all else, which is why I bothered to write a long profile.
You can show me a Brad Pitt but if he's a moron just into banging, I have no use for the dude , in fact, I'll find him repulsive. Men with integrity will be holding the same sentiments about how a woman looks - outside of finding someone who doesn't repulse you, the personality is the primary factor as you age and realize just how many psychos are out there.
 siisaa
Msg: 91
view profile
History
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/14/2018 7:42:01 PM

I don't think there is an equivalent body part of men. Women aren't wired the same way. A woman doesn't typically see a nice ass and say to themselves they want to "tap that".

Agreed. If anything, I passed on pictures of abs, naked torsos and flexing because from my experience, those guys tended to be vain, narcissistic and superficial. Same with guys who had flashy vehicles. I'm not interested in gym rats or overly-chiseled bodies anyway. While browsing dating sites with my gay male friends looking over my shoulder and a shirtless picture of a hot dude popped up, they'd be more interested in those profiles than I was.
 basilisk123
Msg: 92
view profile
History
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/14/2018 10:00:53 PM
So basically, yall are saying that the personality present in a man's photo is equivalent to a woman's cleavage shot?
Interesting, but that is still really vague. Can yall whittle it down anymore?
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 93
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/15/2018 5:26:46 AM
well, that is part of the problem for men...it is vague :)

for example, a confident man might have a humbling photo b/c he can laugh at himself. But a woman who think confidence and c0ckiness are the same thing, will think it lacks confidence and she'll run to the narcissist with photos showing off his body. or maybe the profile that has the guy hanging off the edge of a cliff he's climbing.

a personality photo might be one showing the man in a situation, and his face shows how he's handling it at that second. Or it might be him traveling to various locations b/c that's his personality. Or its him on his job, which is his pursuit. some will accuse him of showing off, but other people will "get it".

b00bs are simple. you have "enough" for a particular guy, or you do not....or it doesn't matter. a hot guy might decide to look closer at a woman b/c she has "enough for him". or he might look at something else. or she might email him first, and turn him on.
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/15/2018 6:00:35 AM
I posted some of this in a different thread. It applies here too. I'm a boob guy. My second girlfriend was slightly overweight with DDs. She was 5'7. They fit her body very well. I rather be with a woman who is a little overweight with large breasts over someone who is slim and a B cup but... that describes the woman I was with the longest (13 years). I still found her very attractive.

Woman are much more than boobs but they are something many guys like. I read a lot of profiles from women who say they don't want a guy who has shirtless pics in his profile while most men welcome a few pics that show cleavage.
 julystorm7
Msg: 95
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/15/2018 6:47:08 AM
A man showing off his chest or sending you a dicpic comes off as only in it for sex.

The smile is the biggest thing that attracts a woman visually but women read profiles a lot more than men and they look for indications of personality. Also, when a guy says he has his own house and a good job, it's very attractive. Looks are maybe 30% of it. And with looks, I'd say after the smile, height is the most second most important feature. Another thing that many women (not all) look for is a guy that has no facial hair.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 96
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/15/2018 8:06:40 AM
I think that it’s also attractive to a man if a woman says that she has her own house and a good job. Both men and women don’t like dealing with stress caused by financial problems. I’ve never understood why people think that nobody will date a broke man. There are just as many broke ladies living in their fathers’ basements. People tend to date within their socioeconomic level anyway.
 julystorm7
Msg: 97
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/15/2018 8:43:16 AM
Maybe but it comes down to the male ego. Men feel better about themselves if they have the better-paying job. Relationships between men who make more money than the women have a much better success rate. It also comes down to practicality. Often the woman is the primary caregiver of children and the amount of hours she can work are less plus she needs to take time off work so the man must be the provider. Yes, this is changing a bit but most men I know have no desire to see the roles reversed.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 98
Where are the rich women?
Posted: 5/15/2018 8:56:05 AM
^^^ I doubt most men would turn down a woman they’re attracted to just because she made more money than them. Any guy who does that is a ****ing idiot - who would turn down both beauty and money?
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/15/2018 10:36:14 AM

So basically, yall are saying that the personality present in a man's photo is equivalent to a woman's cleavage shot?
Interesting, but that is still really vague. Can yall whittle it down anymore?

See?

A man showing off his chest or sending you a dicpic comes off as only in it for sex.

...aaaand, the same for a boob shot. See?
 Coma_White
Msg: 100
view profile
History
CLEAVAGE
Posted: 5/15/2018 11:15:36 AM
When it comes to attraction, men don't care what's on a woman's profile, how much money she makes or what kind of car she drives. All he cares about is what she looks like. That's why the profile pictures with women flaunting their bodies succeed in getting them so much attention. If a guy wants to talk politics or sports, he can phone a friend. On a first date, as much as a guy pretends to be interested in what the woman is saying, he's just picturing her naked and wondering when the clothes will come off. This is every man, from the lowest quality to highest quality. When a man and women finally enter a long term relationship, things like loyalty and intelligence matter a lot more.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > CLEAVAGE