Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Any expectations of who would be attracted to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CBGB77
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Any expectations of who would be attracted to you?Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Back in the 70s my sister had a green 1965 Mustang convertible with a white top just like this. She let me drive it all the time. Loved that car!

http://www.horseheavenmustang.com/images/green65/11.jpg
 ohenryx
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Any expectations of who would be attracted to you?
Posted: 6/8/2018 2:16:42 PM

BrownEyesBoo
Reading these posts, I wonder how women are supposed to know men
find them REALLY attractive and aren't just dating them for lack of other
alternatives?

Some ladies here would have us believe it's how much money they spend
on you. But, if you're someone like myself, who doesn't mind paying or
sharing, and doesn't mind coffee dates and chatting with someone interesting,
we could begin to wonder.

Using money or the willingness to spend is not a good idea. Times are tough for a lot of people. We have a tremendous number of “underemployed”, and you might just meet someone who is crazy about you but barely able to make ends meet.

I think if you go back to what HawkingJr said,

Women I find attractive I put WAAAAAY more effort into dating them than women I don't.

That’s it, right there, in a nutshell. And I think most women can easily tell. There are a lot of dating gurus out there who will tell men that they should never let a woman know that they are STRONGLY attracted, but I have never tried to follow that advice. If I’m really attracted, she knows.

I am NOT saying that I will put her on a pedestal, or act like a doormat. But there will be no doubt in her mind.

YMMV.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 2:37:38 PM
I think you know how a guy feels by what he does, as opposed to what he says. But there are never guarantees. Money isn't always an indicator, and I don't think it's about how much a guy spends, because you can find a cheap guy that likes you. I still feel if he doesn't want to spend any money at all, it's an indicator. My feeling about spending even a nominal amount isn't based on that I need or want money spent, it's because that's the way men communicate they're interested. Of course cheap men here that also don't really like women will refute this.

Is he a trader? Men here say that men want to trade up, but they're always referring to the worst men. A nice guy wouldn't do that. So it's about looking to see the quality of the guy. People don't advertise their negative traits like men on this forum do, but that's why getting into a relationship is partly a leap of faith.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 154
Posted: 6/8/2018 3:11:25 PM
^^^ Where are you finding these “cheap men”? I don’t know any man or woman who would never spend any money on dating, even if they’re low-income.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 3:17:27 PM
I'm not finding cheap men, I'm just stating how I feel about them, though one pof guy was tight. That's tight with himself also. He was very high income, so no reason to treat himself like that where holding onto money was an obsession.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 156
Posted: 6/8/2018 4:57:03 PM
"My first car was a 1965 (I think) Ford Caliente."

>>>boo, did it look like these?

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=mercury+caliente+1965&id=CFA92DC9DDAED2B80B445DC4F17CB8CE99B8625E&FORM=IQFRBA

Those Mercuries are beautiful, and I love the color combo of black with red interior. boy, if you had a 71 Firebird with the 455, that's a relatively rare desireable car. The thing I love about convertibles is driving at sunset, there's nothing in the way of your view of the sky. But sitting in traffic...there's no shade until you put the top back up. The Mustang I had in my old prior photo had black interior, which really helped in the sun--spray on the Pam :) Buick V8's after the turbo version in 62-3 had thin main webs, and that could be an issue. I'm surprised Texans found a way to snap Chevy forged cranks in 4 bolt main blocks--they're a popular engine for a reason. But that Hydro 4 speed trans in your friend's truck, that was hard-shifting unit when B&M rebuilt it. GM even used it for tanks, which tells you its strength

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydramatic

"I am no hokey inspirational guru the likes of Tony Robbins, but for the life of me, I can't understand the mindset of wanting something that is attainable and deciding to throw in the proverbial towel instead. I've heard excuses from those in my age group for quite some time now"
"So yes, I understand the appeal of the classics. But if I had one, I would be working ceaselessly to make it better. Prettier, shinier, faster, more dependable, all of the above. I just don’t get a mind set that would own a classic like a 4-4-2, and be satisfied leaving it looking like a “barn find”."

Henry, Pig is going to tease you about all the reasons you have for not picking attainable musclecars and throwing in the towel :) Fear not, I won't question your testosterone levels as I've seen some do in the past, I think you view dating the same way I view cars--just get out there and enjoy, b/c being picky doesn't help us to enjoy, it keeps us from enjoying. That's what I was saying before about mindset--we go after what we want, esp. what we know we can attain. Those are the ones in our grasp, so why not do a little bit of work to get them? We know from our past, what works for us and what does not work for us. A mechanic has a better chance enjoying an old car, just like a desireable man has a better chance at enjoying the dates he can get. I get what Hawking was saying about people who aren't loving to their partners b/c they aren't interested. Settling isn't fun, but frankly a glass half full is great for anyone dying of thirst. Of course, our partners are thinking adults, as well. they made a choice, too.

"Reading these posts, I wonder how women are supposed to know men find them REALLY attractive and aren't just dating them for lack of other alternatives?"

>>I've posted before, it behooves a lady to know what she offers others. One reason is, she can see if a man even bothers to notice them and takes her places where they can shine. of course, if a lad takes a woman noplace but the bedroom, or doesn't bother to listen to her talk about a concerns or otherwise takes an interest in her life and what makes her, her....
 NewYorker58
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 5:15:51 PM
Mustang, I rented a convertible on a trip to CA to drive the coast, and that was fantastic with the weather, and wide open views. I considered buying the convertible Mustang, but I didn't think I'd do driving in open areas. I really wouldn't enjoy tooling around in local traffic with the top down, sucking in fumes.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 158
Posted: 6/8/2018 5:42:03 PM
the newer convertibles beat the old for daily driving--my blondie friend you referenced before has the last year Mitzi Spyder Eclypse, the power top and AC and heated leather seats make winter cold not an issue when she left at 4am for work. unfortunately you can only put up most tops when your manuautomatic trans is in Park, but if you're stuck in traffic and quick about it, you can get the top up and close off the exhaust fumes. I don't know what modern cars with stick shift require for safety, but hopefully you can tune out the traffic just as easily.

I don't mind the new performance cars, technology is a wonderful thing :)
 browneyesboo
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 6:20:21 PM
It won't let me open the link on my phone, Mr. Mustang, but it was a 1965 black comet caliente (sp?).
I traded it for a buick opel in 1972..bright orange one...hahaha!
 MsMicki
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 6:42:41 PM
I had a '73 Opal GT - bright yellow....loved that car...and so did the boys!!

as for putting the top up on a convertible.... I can easily put the top up (or down!) on mine at a stop light...

and...I have found....men have been attracted to my cars more than me a few times thru the years, especially my 1968 TBird w/the 385 motor ! LOL
 cooldog65
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 7:17:25 PM

I have read a bit in this area, probably not as much as you, but more than a little. I think the more recent studies show that the least desired male is a short Asiatic man. Black men have now been replaced at the bottom of the charts, if that’s any consolation to you.

China and India are the two most populated countries both exceeding a billion people. How are they the least desired? I'm guessing it's in the United States they are the least desired? That would make some sense.

As for women, being black still seems to be the kiss of death. I myself do not discriminate based on ethnicity or skin color, if they’re attractive, I’m interested. I will say, based strictly on my personal experiences, Asian women seem to all want to get married today. Forget tomorrow, today, let’s meet for coffee and discuss our wedding plans! And black women seem to have a great degree of resentment against the entire world. Which is understandable, I suppose, but not something I want to deal with. And yes, I know that’s CoolDog’s thing, and I wish him the best of luck. I think he is dating a younger generation, and they probably don’t have the same level of resentment.

I notice a number of Asian female profiles that have the intent of wanting to get married. I'm interested in the specific resentments that black women have against the world to see if my experiences have been similar. I've dated around my age group so there may not be that much of a difference.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 162
Posted: 6/8/2018 7:41:14 PM
well, no wonder the boys loved the Opel GT, it had a similar set of long sexy curves as the Stingray of that year. It was the four cylinder Corvette...but at your Buick dealer :) But Datsun rivaled it with their cheap answer to the Jaguar XKE, the 240 Z to with six cylinders and IRS versus the Opel's solid rear axle. And that orange color was a perfect 1970's shade. There was a Manta GT around my area in that shade.

Ford's 385 series engine (if I remember correctly that number represents the original planned size for the engine) was basically an overgrown 351 Cleveland, the engine that made a name for itself in NASCAR. it used a valve designed borrowed from the Chevy Big Block when Chevy executives followed Semon Bunkie Nelson to Ford. the NASACAR version of your Thunderbird engine even lured King Richard Petty from the Hemis for a while.

"China and India are the two most populated countries both exceeding a billion people. How are they the least desired? I'm guessing it's in the United States they are the least desired? That would make some sense. "

>>>I think that's a safe assumption, tho I remember at one time it was popular cosmetic surgery to make one's eyes more...Western.

www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/19/korea.beauty/index.html
http://jadeluckclub.com/eyes-eyes-eyes-plastic-surgery-racial-self-hatred-or-globalization-image-of-beauty-and-asian-trophy-wives-two-sides-of-the-coin/
 ohenryx
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 10:49:06 AM

MachIMustangII
But that Hydro 4 speed trans in your friend's truck, that was hard-shifting unit when B&M rebuilt it. GM even used it for tanks, which tells you its strength

It has been many, many years, but what I seem to recall was that you had very little control over the shifting. As in no way to actually select which gear you wanted. And it’s ideas of how to shift (up and down) did not match mine.

Ah, the Opel GT, which looked sexy as hell but had no “oomph”, and then the 240Z, which didn’t look quite as sexy, but did have “oomph”. But neither one mattered to me, as I couldn’t fit! (smile).

MachIMustangII
The thing I love about convertibles is driving at sunset, there's nothing in the way of your view of the sky. But sitting in traffic...there's no shade until you put the top back up. The Mustang I had in my old prior photo had black interior, which really helped in the sun--spray on the Pam :)

I have had the experience of frying in the sun. You can keep that one, thank you. But yes, sunset, or a starry night, wonderful. I used to have a story in my profile, one of my favorite experiences in life. But no woman ever commented on it, good or bad so I took it out. It was about a late night drive, coming back from the coast, in a 70 Challenger convertible, top down, starry skies, the sound of the V8 exhaust bouncing back at me from the barns and farmhouses I was passing.

I watched a movie on Netflix the other night, Kodachrome, with Ed Harris. He's one of my favorite actors, but the movie was only decent, not great. It centers around a road trip, in a convertible, and features typical Hollywood bullshit ignoring the realities of riding around in a convertible with the top down. Such as Ed Harris riding in the back seat, with the top down, wearing a hat. Yeah, right.
 ohenryx
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 10:54:36 AM

cooldog
I'm interested in the specific resentments that black women have against the world to see if my experiences have been similar. I've dated around my age group so there may not be that much of a difference.

CD, I see that you’re 14 years younger than me, but more importantly, you’re in Washington State, which is not the South. A black woman of my generation, who grew up here in the South, was subjected to really horrible discrimination, segregation, you name it. And I don’t think anyone who lived through that as a child is ever going to get over it. The things (particularly bad things) that happen to you as a young child stick with you for life.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 2:15:05 PM

But, I also suspect women are visually-oriented, too. some of us dudes just have to approach more women and play the numbers games

Women are more visually-oriented, if one wanted to do a comparison -- but everyone is. I say women more, if one wanted to get into detail, because women more than men will look into the details. Men look at the basics. He doesn't care what kind of shoes she wears or the type of jewelry, etc. Women, stereotypically speaking, will look at the little things visually more than men. But...

(I just hate numbers games, is all) instead of waiting for them to show interest in us and confirm for us we are able to attract women so hard, they overcome their habit of letting the man make the first move.

... since gals have more options cumming at them, other factors besides looks are going to come into play to Up or Down the guy, moreso than men bring in other factors. Like type of job, attitude of seemingly a certain type, etc. Much of this though is because men most the time are the Hunters to approach gals and then opt for a #, then opt for a date when texting her, etc. He's more willing to "take what the defense gives him". Women are in an entirely different boat, generally speaking. When women complain about their dating "luck", relying purely on guys approaching them at the few places they will be at -- it's Much Much easier for her to open up her options than it is for men, but it does require more than being a wall-flower at her familiar few places -- and sometimes initiating conversation in a mild way here and there (the kind that doesn't require "balls").

others like to exercise (trust me, if you didn't like exercise, you wouldn't do it, just like you don't slam your head against the concrete wall). Exercise itself may be work, but you love how it feels to accomplish it.

My main thing is that one doesn't have to be gym-rat to look attractive. That said, one will have to be a gym-rat temporarily If they're largely overweight and want to shed it off quicker than icebergs melting. But all in all, one doesn't need a gym -- just some exercise stuff in their basement, or being creative without any of that. And of course, their Food Intake.

One of my main things that I roll my eyes about is that the "home cooked meals" manta that people get warm-fuzzies about -- is not good for you. But it has this "shield" because it comes from maw & paw & cultural "wholesomeness". Thus, people don't 'count it' as something not good for you. Sure, if you're a gym-rat you don't have to worry about that so much. But in a nutshell, it's a Not Good For Ya ("But my mom's is! I swear!" some people will say; rolling eyes).

"Ya know, if you put a woman on a pedestal, she would put you on one too."

That's what stalkers believe, isn't it? ;)
 sun___flower
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 2:20:30 PM
NG
Women are more visually-oriented, if one wanted to do a comparison -- but everyone is. I say women more, if one wanted to get into detail, because women more than men will look into the details. Men look at the basics. He doesn't care what kind of shoes she wears or the type of jewelry, etc. Women, stereotypically speaking, will look at the little things visually more than men.

I agree, and I am surprised at how few men seem to be aware of this. So many men seem to think "women aren't visual."
 ohenryx
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 6:14:20 PM

norwegianguy456
Women are more visually-oriented, if one wanted to do a comparison -- but everyone is. I say women more, if one wanted to get into detail, because women more than men will look into the details. Men look at the basics. He doesn't care what kind of shoes she wears or the type of jewelry, etc. Women, stereotypically speaking, will look at the little things visually more than men. But...

I have a story about that.

Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away … No, wait, wrong story.

About 6 or 7 years ago, I put up a new profile picture, taken with my camera on a tripod, using a timer. It takes a few tries to get a good picture that way, but what the heck. I used a plain white wall in my living room, no pictures, no calendar, nothing in the picture but me, smiling. Or so I thought.

As soon as I put up the picture, I started getting comments, asking about the baseball bat. Baseball bat? What baseball bat? So I went and double checked, there in the corner of the room was a baseball bat. I swear I didn’t even see it in the picture until someone asked, it’s been sitting there for umpteen years for when the dogs start barking in the middle of the night and I get up to check it out.

I don’t think one man out of ten would have ever noticed it. But the women did. Like all of them.
 2ufo
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 7:13:43 PM
We're observant like that.
 sun___flower
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 9:37:28 AM
Henry
But the women did. Like all of them.

2ufo

Agreed with 2ufo. I take note of everything in a man's pictures.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 9:48:05 AM
^^^
2ufo

Agreed with 2ufo. I take note of everything in a man's pictures.

+1
I take note of everything as well. I see quite a few guys pics with backgrounds that seem to be in a female's kitchen that has not been redecorated since the 80s. Frilly curtains, ivy wallpaper borders, bibelots and the like. Which makes me wonder if he has his own place or lives with his mother or grandmother (wife?)

And the bathroom pictures...just no. Please. No.
 sun___flower
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 9:59:28 AM
Clytemnestra
I see quite a few guys pics with backgrounds that seem to be in a female's kitchen that has not been redecorated since the 80s. Frilly curtains, ivy wallpaper borders, bibelots and the like. Which makes me wonder if he has his own place or lives with his mother or grandmother (wife?)

Same here.
 reverendswine
Msg: 172
Posted: 6/10/2018 10:51:51 PM

There are a lot of dating gurus out there who will tell men that they should never let a woman know that they are STRONGLY attracted, but I have never tried to follow that advice. If I’m really attracted, she knows.

Dating gurus? Like PUA nonsense? Yes, I definitely wouldn't follow that load of shit. That's how men land themselves in the friend zone. A man shouldn't gush like a stuck pig over a woman, but he damn sure needs to make his interest known sooner rather than later.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2018 2:25:05 AM

I agree, and I am surprised at how few men seem to be aware of this. So many men seem to think "women aren't visual."

I think it's because society + common upbringing pushes the concept that "men are more visual". I think it's because women, stereotypically speaking, are more sensitive about being judged, including their looks and put a lot of time/effort into it. Guys are 'supposed' to take criticism better, and women do have concerns where guys don't, so people just buy into it, IMO.

A man shouldn't gush like a stuck pig over a woman, but he damn sure needs to make his interest known sooner rather than later.

I think the whole "heed on showing clear Strong interest in them off the bat" can be a good idea, but it really depends on the setting & situation. Notably in certain environments where girls have their guard up and have guys gawking at them too often (bar). I think the guy approaching to strike up conversation is enough to show at least initial interest. But when the gal comes into a social group the guy's a part of, yeah, he shouldn't sit there and wait too long to at least give her the impression that he's seemingly attracted.

I think some of the out-in-left-field PUA stuff is instead showing you're Not. Which I would only say would be a good thing is said gal was uber-hasty and grumbling, on thinking you're wanting her with little or nothing to go on. But then again, a guy's wasting his time if he's consciously going after those (not to mention destined to have a very low batting average regardless).
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 174
Posted: 6/11/2018 3:13:41 AM

I agree, and I am surprised at how few men seem to be aware of this. So many men seem to think "women aren't visual

There’s evidence that most women don’t get turned on just by seeing naked men. A man can get turned on by seeing a naked female.
 feirene
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2018 4:28:21 AM

There’s evidence that most women don’t get turned on just by seeing naked men. A man can get turned on by seeing a naked female.

Few things here. Men tend to chuck their dks at us at every opportunity, kind of boring. we need more than a dk to get us going.
Have you never hear of the chippendales? Pretty sure they are popular (or they were, i am not with the times any more so you may not actually have heard of them).
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Any expectations of who would be attracted to you?