Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Any expectations of who would be attracted to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 176
Any expectations of who would be attracted to you?Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
^^^ Yes I’ve heard of the chippendales. And I’ve also heard many women say they find oiled up, tanned, overly-muscled men disgusting. Men also have access to seeing naked women any time they want. All they have to do is go on the internet and type in something like “boobs.”
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 177
Any expectations of who would be attracted to you?
Posted: 6/11/2018 9:47:17 AM
Maybe some of those dicpik dudes think a woman gets turned on as quick by a photo, or they just have an exhibitionist fetish to, um, scratch.

you probably can't mention the Chippendales in America without people remembering this skit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngdYGCavAyY

Chris Farley had the dance moves...and yet I doubt it would have helped the character he played, get laid.

as for the women who find muscled oiled men disgusting...are these women who have had plastic surgery, eat salads for every meal, and kill themselves in the gym, by chance? :) I suspect people who share a mindset about what's really important in life, connect better than with a partner who "would never understand what I go thru and why".
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2018 9:58:49 AM

There’s evidence that most women don’t get turned on just by seeing naked men.

... and finding "oiled up, tanned, overly-muscled men disgusting," -- take that as a grain of salt. It's over-said/over-played. Get ripped & tan, be on the beach barely wearing anything (as are most barely wearing anything), and oil yourself up as many are -- you're going to get more gals finding you attractive, not less. :)
 reverendswine
Msg: 179
Posted: 6/11/2018 11:05:25 AM

What evidence is that? Their word??

Yeah, they're less visual. That's why they're busting down the doors of ugly men with well-written profiles, eh?

Less visual my ass.
 sun___flower
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2018 11:33:46 AM
Kissfromarose

My comment that you quoted had nothing to do with nudity.

RevSwine
Yeah, they're less visual. That's why they're busting down the doors of ugly men with well-written profiles, eh?

Less visual my ass.

+1
 feirene
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2018 1:14:40 PM

^^^ Yes I’ve heard of the chippendales. And I’ve also heard many women say they find oiled up, tanned, overly-muscled men disgusting. Men also have access to seeing naked women any time they want. All they have to do is go on the internet and type in something like “boobs.”

Sorry for the delay in reply, i just realised i could look up guys on the internet.
Women can find naked guys sexy, just as much as men enjoy nudity. All women don't have to find a muscly guy hot but the fact that the Chippendales exist shows some women do appreciate a naked guy and even will pay to be entertained by them.

Maybe some of those dicpik dudes think a woman gets turned on as quick by a photo, or they just have an exhibitionist fetish to, um, scratch.

you probably can't mention the Chippendales in America without people remembering this skit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngdYGCavAyY

Chris Farley had the dance moves...and yet I doubt it would have helped the character he played, get laid.

I've seriously thought that dkpic guys are flashers, seems to be the only explanation for whipping it out at any opportunity.
I bet some women would take Farley over Swayze any day though,, not me but someone. That clip was funny thanks, then it led to a documentary about his life and that was quite sad. Now i'm watching a Rodney Dangerfield doc now.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2018 1:30:05 PM
^^^

I've seriously thought that dkpic guys are flashers, seems to be the only explanation for whipping it out at any opportunity.

+1

Never thought of it that way, (when I actually thought about it at all), but I think you're on to something.
Classic old school flasher needed a trench coat to hide his nakedness, or whatever fetishized outfit he was hiding---and he had to have a plan of sorts, to be in a place where some unsuspecting person would be when he made his big reveal.

These days just take a pic, press send, you're 'there'.

What fun is that???

SMH

Even perverts these days are lazy.
 feirene
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2018 1:37:07 PM
Been sent so many dk pics i seriously started to wonder what was wrong with these men. Some even send the exact same dk pic they use as their profile pic so it's like double the dk. @Clytemnestra

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2018 1:42:49 PM
^^^'double the dk'
OMG That's funny.
Twice!

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 185
Posted: 6/11/2018 1:50:33 PM

Classic old school flasher needed a trench coat to hide his nakedness, or whatever fetishized outfit he was hiding---and he had to have a plan of sorts, to be in a place where some unsuspecting person would be when he made his big reveal.

NYC Subways were a mecca 4 pervs
 spot4username
Msg: 186
view profile
History
My what a large profile you have.
Posted: 6/11/2018 2:09:12 PM

Been sent so many dk pics i seriously started to wonder what was wrong with these men. Some even send the exact same dk pic they use as their profile pic so it's like double the dk. @Clytemnestra

Years ago when any sort of online dating quickly gave way to an exchange of Yahoo or AOL instant messenger names the amount I received was insane so I know exactly where you are coming from.

My favorites were those that I named POC; short for Proof Of C*ck. You know like when a person holds up a newspaper or whatever to show Proof of Life. POC photos always have a prop in them to show proof - a soda can, remote control, phone, fun-sized candy bar (bless his heart), whatever was handy to prove the c*ck size. Sometimes I would comment that it looked like a c*ck, only smaller OR perhaps I would send them a picture of one that I had received from someone else claiming it as my own. Ahhhh the good old days of messenger. I guess its replacement is snapchat and kik. Still plenty of POC photos to be had for those who share an ID with a guy.

Bonus points if you remember/participated when this place had instant messenger!
 feirene
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2018 2:11:04 PM

^^^'double the dk'
OMG That's funny.
Twice!

Lol, i guess. :) Just need to bleach my eyes twice is all.
Best get off here, i waste way too much time here lately.

feirene
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2018 2:16:34 PM

Years ago when any sort of online dating quickly gave way to an exchange of Yahoo or AOL instant messenger names the amount I received was insane so I know exactly where you are coming from.

My favorites were those that I named POC; short for Proof Of C*ck. You know like when a person holds up a newspaper or whatever to show Proof of Life. POC photos always have a prop in them to show proof - a soda can, remote control, phone, fun-sized candy bar (bless his heart), whatever was handy to prove the c*ck size. Sometimes I would comment that it looked like a c*ck, only smaller OR perhaps I would send them a picture of one that I had received from someone else claiming it as my own. Ahhhh the good old days of messenger. I guess its replacement is snapchat and kik. Still plenty of POC photos to be had for those who share an ID with a guy.

Bonus points if you remember/participated when this place had instant messenger!

I made a yahoo account to cam with guys off a game site, if we got on well on site i'd happily move onto a better chat platform. Only did that a few times and now going off site is a red flag for me and an instant block. And yeah it is kik, skype, snapchat seems to be a thing now as well.

I have noticed some site let people upload 18+ pics but you also have the option in setting to black them out and not be able to see them.
Best go, having a burning up phase here and am ill i think. Plus spend too much time here lately.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 189
Posted: 6/11/2018 7:25:52 PM

What evidence is that? Their word??

Less visual my ass.

Women have told me that by visual they mean a man’s build, stature, smile, etc. If they are visual it doesn’t necessarily mean they get off on seeing some dude with no clothes on.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 190
See Dick Post
Posted: 6/11/2018 7:50:00 PM
"now i'm watching a Rodney Dangerfield doc now"

>>>youtube has some good clips of him on the Johnny Carson show. He could really do the one-liners. Later Dangerfield would host the Young Comedians' Special, which brought new talent to light. And of course there was the movie, Caddyshack. Chris Farley's life, however, that was a pity, to be insecure yet have that talent.

Always enjoyed Rich Little, that guy could do impressions like no one's business...but you had to know the people in the 1970's he was mimicking.

"Even perverts these days are lazy."

>>the Economic Downturn was hard on many. But they decided to stick it out for another year.
 reverendswine
Msg: 191
See Dick Post
Posted: 6/11/2018 8:28:42 PM

Women have told me that by visual they mean a man’s build, stature, smile, etc. If they are visual it doesn’t necessarily mean they get off on seeing some dude with no clothes on.

Ask yourself - do you think that's the woman's biological self talking or social programming?

Do you honestly believe those women are turning their heads in disgust when their favorite Hollywood actor does a nude love scene in a movie? Please.

If it's a man who speaks loud enough to her libido, a normal woman will respond to it internally.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2018 1:34:03 AM

Been sent so many dk pics i seriously started to wonder what was wrong with these men.

I always wondered why some guys put these out like rapid-fire to gals. Funny thing is, some of them are hung decently well, and have gotten some action/responses from them. Usually though, it's not guys sending it out as their initial message, but but jumping into it rather swiftly to "cut to the chase".

Women have told me that by visual they mean a man’s build, stature, smile, etc.

And when a man licks his lips over a woman's build & stature, it's the same thing -- Sexual. It's their Sexual Build. It's about sex.
 feirene
Msg: 193
view profile
History
See Dick Post
Posted: 6/12/2018 3:28:05 AM

>>>youtube has some good clips of him on the Johnny Carson show. He could really do the one-liners. Later Dangerfield would host the Young Comedians' Special, which brought new talent to light. And of course there was the movie, Caddyshack. Chris Farley's life, however, that was a pity, to be insecure yet have that talent.

Always enjoyed Rich Little, that guy could do impressions like no one's business...but you had to know the people in the 1970's he was mimicking.

Not really seen much of rodney dangerfield really apart from in the film the Godson, no idea why he came up next but his life was interesting as well. He reminds me of Bob Monkhouse but a little more gritty. I have seen a lot more of Chris Farley, in films again though.

Yeah been watching Rich Little and have no idea who he is impersonating. Bit of because he's doing US people and because the people are from ages ago Ronald reagen is the only one i know.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 194
See Dick Post
Posted: 6/12/2018 7:21:06 PM

Ask yourself - do you think that's the woman's biological self talking or social programming?

Do you honestly believe those women are turning their heads in disgust when their favorite Hollywood actor does a nude love scene in a movie? Please.

If it's a man who speaks loud enough to her libido, a normal woman will respond to it internally.

I haven’t really figured out if it’s biological or the result of social programming. Hollywood actors have more sex appeal than most men, so of course women won’t be turning their heads in disgust at them. I don’t know if a woman can get turned on by just looking at a plain, average guy naked. There was a girl on here who said there was only one man she would pay to see naked - Johnny Depp. Most guys can’t really only on their looks to attract women - they need to be well-rounded individuals - smart, funny, interesting, etc.
 feirene
Msg: 195
view profile
History
The headings to this topic are getting funny
Posted: 6/13/2018 1:36:32 AM
I crush really bad on Keanu Reeves but seeing him topless does nothing for me, i just think he's a nice guy with a nice face, and even when he got fat a while back and the media made a but thing out of it i didn't think he looked any worse.

I think there's people we objectify and people we don't, same for men probably.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 196
view profile
History
See Dick Post
Posted: 6/13/2018 2:06:38 AM

I haven’t really figured out if it’s biological or the result of social programming.

It's more like is that how they REALLY feel underneath it all, or is it their social programming to say that and to feel that on the surface when Asked? Basically bullsh!tting reflexively thanks to social programming (thus at least pretty much believing it themselves).

Remember this, on a broader topic: What people say they are notably attracted to, and aren't consciously lying, isn't necessarily the same as what they Are notably attracted to. Even in opposite directions. Classic example is a really cute gal in a social group saying how she hates men who are like X/Y/Z (ex: typical jock guy) -- but then after the night has set in and she's had a few drinks (not drunk), she's pawing at just said type of guy. Of course, it's usually not to that extreme, but my point is what they say they want or don't want, isn't necessarily so.

Another example was on 's analyses they ran (before Match's parent company bought the organization). The unique thing about that site is all the survey questions about dating/sex/lifestyle/tastes that one can fill out. So as the saying goes, gals Hate guys with shirtless pics, right? Even gals in their 20s, as confirmed by their surveys of said gals on there in their 20s. Guess what the response rate was on guys With shirtless pics who were in their 20s? Significantly higher than what it should have been, based on such a high % of "No" by gals. Those shirtless guys got some of the best response rates despite the gals in their age group (and above) saying they didn't like them. Wait -- that can't be! The girls said they don't like it! ;) Once guys got in their 30s, said better-luck started to drop of course (more guys out of shape being shirtless in pics), and would skew into anti-luck nearing 40-range.

I don’t know if a woman can get turned on by just looking at a plain, average guy naked.

A woman most Certainly can. But what's her sexual mood, and how does her dating-luck relate to plain, average guys would be factors whether they do or not. And of course, social programming to Not like that.

Most guys can’t really only on their looks to attract women - they need to be well-rounded individuals - smart, funny, interesting, etc.

Most guys don't Need to have All those other qualities universally seen by women, no. Looks is #1. But yes, anti-smart, anti-funny, anti-interesting, etc can certainly kill most of a guy's luck, yep. It's not the only thing, but it does bear the most weight, for both genders. Women have other factors to be concerned about, and $$ and social popularity carries a lot more "make up factor" on being shy on looks, for gals than it does with guys -- IF either truly Are Known (many times isn't when it's stranger meeting stranger).

But looks being the #1 factor is something many people aren't aware of themselves. Social & self conditioning gets us that way about looks. Many are conditioned to feel that's so... primitive & shallow when it really isn't (not wanting to be judged on looks can certainly be a big factor on that). Plus, looks affects how we judge/view their persona, as well (and vice versa to some extent).
 dondea
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 4:16:12 PM

Kissfromarose77

A beautiful goddess of a woman would be attracted to me. She would have an hour glass figure, long, dark hair, green eyes, and sultry, red lips. She would be a freak in bed, a chef in the kitchen, a therapist during hard times, and a coach when I’m off my game.

LOL! I thought the same thing, but I woke up from my dream and back to reality.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 4:33:54 PM
Men are funny. I just want an average looking guy that's nice and shares some interests. I want a high degree of compatibility, which is the key to happiness for everyone.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2018 7:36:38 AM
Igor is obviously correct it's easier to anticipate who won't be attracted.

If matching on a swipe site and getting a message / reply on a dating site counts as "attracted", my guesses are rather good who will match / reply, and what type (excluding fake/spam profiles) will message me first.

It seems to depend on the site. A person can be a big fish in the small pond on one site, just one of the guys/gals on another, and a small fish in the big pond on a third site.

I believe I'm just one of the guys on POF. Apparently there's a huge population of similar dudes in my region in terms of similar interests / stats. My response rate is rather high on POF, but many responses are just answering a question without really doing anything to continue the conversation, a possible lack of attraction. She might think I'm ok, but currently in a more advanced conversation with someone similar.

On Tinder, I'm guessing the other dudes are more bold about "hooking up", and some dudes might swipe yes on everyone, and be more assertive in initial messages: more likely to take things to phone or meeting in real life, more likely to make suggestive remarks. Compared to the typical Tinder dude, I might be a "nice guy" relative to them, and we all know where nice guys finish. Most profiles I swipe yes on Tinder are unspectacular, average looking, not doing anything wrong. If we do match, their profile doesn't give me much to say to them. When I do see someone special on Tinder who seems like a better match, often she already swiped yes on me and we're a match. Recently my mutual matches on Tinder went down in quantity and up in quality. This is probably mainly because I removed my two highest ranking photos according to Tinder's "Smart Photos" (removed them because they were the two oldest ones). The fewer gals who swipe yes on my newer worse photos are more likely to like for less superficial reasons. Also I changed the college setting from what they pulled from Facebook to "School of Hard Knocks". This eliminates the ones who consider where I attended college a positive.

On OKC and Bumble, the population seems more "educated", more liberal, more affluent. Haven't really seen male profiles there, but I would guess they're the other side from Tinder. On those sites, I'm probably a "badboy" relative to the typical dude on there who might be boring them with "nice guy" behavior. Before uninstalling Bumble, I frequently had new listings in the "match queue" (people who swipe yes on you before you see their profile). I was good at guessing which profile would be the new match, and often I rooted for it to be her, as with my favorite matches on Tinder. A high percentage of my Bumble matches were blonde, as in real life where I get along especially well with blondes. I get a good response rate from blondes on OKC and POF too, but not so much on Tinder. One thing the Bumble and OKC gals seem to think important is education. Bumble pulled my university from Facebook and lists it on my profile (they also list occupation). I didn't get around to trying to change my education to "School of hard knocks" there, so I didn't get to see how much the matches would plummet.
 lulz567
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2018 5:19:27 PM
I can’t say I’m that analytical about it. I do know that I have over twenty messages(some I’ve replied too) with no picture up so that tells you how ultra fussy some guys are on here! My profile isn’t award winning either like bare minimum I exist sort of thing took me four seconds
so I’m thinking I’m attracting “I’m desperate” at moment . Not much of a turn on. Will bin them if I progress further with profile.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Any expectations of who would be attracted to you?