Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you think the norm is for dates resulting in sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 51
What do you think the norm is for dates resulting in sex?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
For me... it took me some time to become comfortable with both no and yes; to not be scared to say no to someone regardless of how much I like him. I don't "withhold sex" - I don't sleep with someone until it feels like the next natural stage in intimacy. Thankfully, in the recent years I've been dealing with mostly normal people who have no problem with it.
 feirene
Msg: 52
view profile
History
What do you think the norm is for dates resulting in sex?
Posted: 4/29/2018 11:59:07 PM
feirene: I agree, that's what it seems like based on some of my dating encounters and also based on what I've observed by other's experiences. I've done it once and we dated for a few months too long. We were as compatible as magnesium, silver nitrate and water.

I don't think i'm compatible with anyone any more. Can't even be bothered to log into the main site any more to answer my messages. Too many chancers.
On a plus side i am enjoying coding these days. :)
 Tech30
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 7:08:00 AM
Most of the time, my dates result in sex on the first or second date. Sometimes the third.
 Bouncylass
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 7:31:48 AM
"I find that sex can cloud one's judgment and sometimes make you feel things for someone that you're truly just not compatible with."

I couldn't agree more. One man I was interested in asked me point blank about how many dates it would take. I was so shocked and disappointed.

More or less, how much effort and money do I have to put in until we pork?

I liked him a lot. His stupid jokes were funny to me. But I guess I was just a **** purchase to him. I wanted to say to him so badly. Well I have 100 date minimum. But if you take me somehwere really nice, like Hawaii....I count that as two. After ten dates, you get a free sub.
 wadeinwaves
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/30/2018 10:20:43 AM
Some like to try the car out before buying and others prefer not to. A couple of years ago I was dating a handsome man which high morale and integrity. He did not believe people should have sex early in a relationship and he said that is part of what's wrong with society. He said the focus is too much on sex and not on getting to know a person and seeing if there is compatibility. In some ways I agree with him but then it make me think if two people are dating for a year without getting physically intimate and they finally do have sex and there is no compatibility how would that work out? I can't imagine investing a year in someone to find incompatibility exists in the bedroom.

Is there a magic number? I don't have the answer to that and struggle with knowing what's the right thing to do sometimes. Jumping in too early can make person look slutty. Jumping in too late can make a person look like a prude. So where does jumping in the middle stand?

Last night I went on a date with a man who I find incredibly sexy who I met irl and the mutual attraction was obvious. He has the facial features and body type I adore and a wonderful personality to go with it. I could have easily caved in right then and there. I could have went back to his place but decided it's best to wait to see if he wants more than just a fling because a fling is not what I'm looking for. Due to his facial symmetry my guess is he can easily attract women so will have to tread carefully. I don't want to be another that caved in too fast but also don't want to wait a year!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 10:42:55 AM
Sexual compatibility is important, as are other compatibility issues, but you don't test them out all on date 1, 2 or 3. When a guy straight away inquires about when is sex happening, maybe ladies should ask the guys when they're going to marry them or make a long-term commitment. Guaranteed the guy will say I need to know you better. The same applies for sex. In the end, women have to decide what's comfortable for them.
Posted: 4/30/2018 3:34:03 PM
There has been a lot posts about guys chasing women for sex and women deciding when it will happen. It goes both ways (sometimes). Each person has a say in it. I've turned away a few women that wanted sex. It's very, very rare but I've done it. :) Either because I wasn't physically attracted to them or there was something else about them that really turned me off.

Off topic - what's the time frame to type a reply? I found that I type a reply then have to sign in again before I can post it most of the time. I ended up copying what I wrote so I don't lose it.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/30/2018 3:49:50 PM

Off topic - what's the time frame to type a reply? I found that I type a reply then have to sign in again before I can post it most of the time. I ended up copying what I wrote so I don't lose it.

LOL I have no idea what the time frame is...............I never make it in time. I have been doing the copy / sign-in / paste / post, procedure for at least the past 2 years.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 4:32:46 PM
I forget how it goes, I'll see now, but I think after it asks you to sign in, you sign in, then back space twice to get back to your message. I think one backspace gives you sign in again, then you do it again to get back to your message, so no need to copy and paste.
Posted: 4/30/2018 5:32:20 PM
I'd hate to type a long reply then lose it. At least I know I'm not the only one :)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 5:35:31 PM
Copy it, then do the sign in and backspace twice. As long as it's copied, you won't lose it and you'll see if it works, and it should.
 CBGB77
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 5:48:01 PM

Posted By: Newyorker58 on 4/30/2018 7:35:31 PM
Subject: What do you think the norm is for dates resulting in sex?
Message: Copy it, then do the sign in and backspace twice. As long as it's copied, you won't lose it and you'll see if it works, and it should.

Yep,it works.I used to copy my replay just to be sure but now I don't bother.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/30/2018 6:13:12 PM

Sexual compatibility is important, as are other compatibility issues, but you don't test them out all on date 1, 2 or 3. When a guy straight away inquires about when is sex happening, maybe ladies should ask the guys when they're going to marry them or make a long-term commitment. Guaranteed the guy will say I need to know you better. The same applies for sex. In the end, women have to decide what's comfortable for them.

Not every woman is interested in marriage or even long-term commitment. I see plenty of female profiles on here looking for just casual dating and nothing serious.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 6:18:08 PM
I was only speaking about how women that want a LTR may conduct themselves to try and weed out guys saying they want that when they don't.
 hemingway234
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/1/2018 10:49:12 AM
People worrying about sexual compatibility is mostly nonsense. It's very rare.

If it were a common problem, our species would have died out along time ago.

People love to worry about things that will most likely never happen.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/1/2018 2:05:00 PM
You mean like this? The sky is falling, the sky is falling! ^ ^ ^ ^
 reverendswine
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/1/2018 2:52:48 PM

Posts from you that actually make sense are rare.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2018 4:13:48 PM
Some people will have sex for acceptance, when alcohol is involved and just because they want to. There are no hard and fast rules. If a guy does not respect your wishes to wait until you are ready for intimacy, then he is not for you and you can move on.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/1/2018 4:46:10 PM
"if sexual incompatibility was a common problem, we'd have died off a long time ago"

>>>well, there may not have been as many kinksters out there in our grandparents' day to end our 'lines. also, marriages were kinda arranged--you got what you got, and dammit, you liked it.
 beercookies
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2018 3:29:19 PM
Used to be date 3(which us too early. Hell knows, if one avoided it, a lot of meh ltrs would not have ensued) but cuz the apps and tehnological “ advancements”, people are conditioned to not wait for anything (and believe everything should be instant, effortless and have no repercussions), even if it saves them from loads of problems.

People want reward, gratification, validation, now. People don't believe in consequences, for them. Like fairies, herpes and other stds, hiv, and abortions don't happen to them. They will just ghost or delete you somehow. Why would one want to trust on that level with somebody who has not proven that they are a responsible, trustworthy person?

Our culture does not believe in deferring “ passion”. One should be swept up in spontaneous passion, that is what life is about, having more fun and who thinks about consequences or responsibility for that behavior?They might end up being with a nut, but being in the moment is the preferred acting out behavior- drinking, drugs, partying, casual relations.

The guy or gal can whine if they didn't get sexual validation by date 2. Their revenge to such ego slight is to huffquit, and say the other person was asexual, a prude, impotent, controlling, gay, masculine or feminine. How dare anyone think twice or too hard about sex. It’s supposed to be taken lightly but engaged in, or you're just not winning. Look at Charlie Sheen, winning with all his hiv meds.

Why are the std rates in cities so high? The dumbass mentalities described above.
 hemingway234
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/4/2018 10:19:15 AM

Posts from you that actually make sense are rare.

- maybe it's over your head.
 ohenryx
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 10:18:48 AM
If you’re doing this (reading the forums and occasionally posting), using a real computer, then just use WinWord to compose your message, then copy and paste to the website. You get the advantage of a spell checker and a grammar checker, and you are never going to lose what you wrote. Even if your computer were to crash (very rare these days), Winword makes automatic backups.

hemingway234

If it were a common problem, our species would have died out along time ago.

People love to worry about things that will most likely never happen.

Disagree. Strongly.

I will go further and say, with no insult intended, you must be very vanilla. Very, very, very vanilla. You would have to be to make a statement like that.

And most of us are NOT vanilla.
 whiterose0
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/5/2018 10:30:47 AM

"if sexual incompatibility was a common problem, we'd have died off a long time ago"

Baloney. Just because two people manage to have sex with penetration, doesn't mean they're sexually compatible. It only takes one time to result in a pregnancy.
 cooldog65
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 10:54:12 AM

I will go further and say, with no insult intended, you must be very vanilla. Very, very, very vanilla.

He did say that his city is too chocolate...
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 75
as often as you can get it
Posted: 5/5/2018 5:24:23 PM
"what's the time frame to type a reply?"

>>>I would have imagined some lady would have answered that with, "as long as man has intercourse" :)

If I type more than a few sentences, I highlight and copy it in case. and sometimes I still forget.

i'm not sure where my laptop even stores the Word program. but then, I never get even the last Word :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you think the norm is for dates resulting in sex?