Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Too many transgender...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GodlessGal
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Too many transgender...Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
You can stop with the fake moral virtue signaling and moral indignation, the foundation of morality is care for children, not allegiance to identity politics which was invented by capitalists to obscure real classism. You two are the epitome of why the right wing says the democratic party is full of narcissists who like to bandy about the label bigot to shut down conversation, or just purely refuse to communicate at all. The response of the person on the losing side of a debate is to engage in those exact same tactics.
 2ufo
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/16/2019 7:14:29 AM
No, the response of the losing side of a debate is to..... oh, look! A squirrel.

And the foundation of morality is civilization. That is, learning to live in a group of non-familial people.
 GodlessGal
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/16/2019 8:25:03 AM
There is no ongoing civilization without offspring. We need a safe, sane world to raise the next generation in. Telling little girls they are bigots for not wanting to be naked and vulnerable near grown men is in no way a safe or sane behavior. That's what this conversation boils down to: men telling women, that men who want to be women, should have their feelings prioritized over women's rights
 whiterose0
Msg: 79
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/16/2019 8:52:35 AM

That's what this conversation boils down to: men telling women, that men who want to be women, should have their feelings prioritized over women's rights

Transgenders can also be female to male, such as Chaz Bono. I'm curious what you think about their rights?
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/16/2019 9:05:35 AM
GG writes:
allegiance to identity politics which was invented by capitalists to obscure real classism. You two are the epitome of why the right wing says the democratic party is full of narcissists who like to bandy about the label bigot to shut down conversation, or just purely refuse to communicate at all.
GG is an exhibit of when someone says “S/he is so far left she is on the right…or vice versa.” I understand it because I often find myself there. But that characterization isn’t really true. Those who hold onto previous notions of left and right haven't changed. It’s society that’s redifined the modern notion of left and right, it has been redefined and shifted and by capitalists/elites to their benefit. Although she is bombastic, and thus somewhat distracts readers her views, someone like GG has remained true to a more pure "left,” and not moved to fit the modern modified version of “left” and “right” the sole purpose of which is to fit the Dem/GOP paradigm and create differention between the parties that DON’T include economic or foreign policy matters.

Like it or not, I kinda see what she is saying. I consider myself as liberal as anyone on this board, but if I had a daughter or granddaughter, I think I would have a very queasy feeling to learn that she is subjected to a person with man parts in a locker room or bathroom, or has to compete with them on equal basis on the sports field.
 2ufo
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/16/2019 10:40:48 AM

There is no ongoing civilization without offspring.

And just because there are offspring, doesn’t make it a civilization.

As for telling little girls they are bigots... you’re the only person in the threads that have mentioned that.

No, this conversation boils down - like many others - to you (generic you, not GG specifically) wanting to prove you’re right.
Whatever THAT means.
 basilisk123
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/16/2019 1:37:39 PM
"Transgenders can also be female to male, such as Chaz Bono. I'm curious what you think about their rights?"-whiteroseO

Her and I had this conversation before in another thread named, "Transgendered women appearing in search results" back when she went by MadameB

It was very informative about the contents of her character.

Short answer is that she sees no problem with trans-males because she sees them as women, as hypocritical as that sounds.
 Inicia
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/17/2019 11:42:20 AM
TOO MANY- People- yes- all around a big yes! Too Many of any specific group _NO-
Women's bathrooms have doors-Maybe other countries this is not so? I do not think any member, in a women's bathroom, is going to wave around, left over, male parts for investigation by young children-or to receive hostile judgement by "female" counterparts.

women often take young boys into bathrooms- rarely do young, unaccompanied children reside in bathrooms? If I am assessing a person's adam's apple while in the bathroom-IDK if i am so concerned about privacy and safety -or maybe being just a tiny bit hypocritical.
Many women do not feel secure to breast-feed in public-so this imagined aggression from transgender women, towards the female group of which they desire to be a part-I just do not see any threat in this dynamic? Furthermore the sexist ideology as well as inconvenience-privacy invasions, based male female segregated restrooms is addressed, correctly in many places of business, by having all (available restrooms) private with "unisex" labeling.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/17/2019 6:46:09 PM
Gender discussions do one thing very well. Common sense gets tossed out the window almost instantly.

Sex in sports should segregated to what gender you were born with. I don't believe that women should have to compete with any transgenders. There's plenty of women that could beat the men at their own game. (Laia Sanz comes to mind on this.)

No, I don't believe that transgenders have any business in the women's can. Kids do not need to be exposed to this for obvious safety reasons.

Transgenders in the military. Wanna be trans? Don't enlist. Wanna be a soldier? Be one, then go trans after your hitch is up. How simple is that?

Wanna be gender fluid? Then wear a name tag so we know what's coming.

What's completely stupid? Arguing over this. Don't like 'em? Walk away. Wanna force people to accept you as you want to be? Congratulations, you're tossing common sense under the bus, I hope you can duck.(Or run fast)
 GodlessGal
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/17/2019 8:42:27 PM

Transgenders can also be female to male, such as Chaz Bono. I'm curious what you think about their rights?

I don't like to see anyone discriminated against. I was a founding member of the LGB back in 1994 because I was horrified by the way gays were treated. But, the transexual question is different in so far as: replacing gender with sex endangers sex based protections. So I am all for transgender people having housing protections, right to marriage, right to jobs not impeded by sex, etc, but I draw the line at places where ignoring the reality of sex presents a huge problem.

I don't worry about women who transition in the bathroom with children because they don't have a penis to rape and impregnate a girl with, I leave that issue up to men, its their segregated space and their decision, however: I do however worry about women who transition not revealing their status during a blood transfusion (for example) because cross sex blood donation has a good chance of killing people.
 AnxiousCrustacean
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/18/2019 4:41:46 AM

: I do however worry about women who transition not revealing their status during a blood transfusion (for example) because cross sex blood donation has a good chance of killing people.

I'd be interesting in seeing you cite a source for this statement, please.

I found:

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20171018/Blood-transfusions-should-be-gender-matched-between-donor-and-recipient.aspx

The above details how there *may* be an increase in death percentages of men if they received blood from a woman who had been pregnant in the past.

If this study was what you were referring to, you should have fleshed out your statement made above. This has nothing to do with being transgendered, it has to do with being pregnant in the past.

Slightly ingenious of you, wouldn't you say?
 basilisk123
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/18/2019 4:52:16 AM
^^^^^ Now that you mentioned it. That does sound very weird. I was just assuming it was one of those sexist things she was pulling out of her ass, so I didn't give it much thought.
 Inicia
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/18/2019 7:02:14 AM
If I am assessing a person's adam's apple while in the bathroom-IDK if i am so concerned about privacy and safety -or maybe being just a tiny bit hypocritical. if there is such fear associated with public restrooms, indeed a that is something to be addressed; not who presents the risk, but that anyone's safety is jeopardized utilizing a public feature. as i said unisex private restrooms
do we think just because we may be born female we present no risk to children's safety?-oh right--"the mother instinct..." more than one half of the perpetrators of violence against children are female only . .09 were unknown sex: a portion of which might be transgender TIC lol
 basilisk123
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/18/2019 7:34:20 AM
^^^^^ Amen!

(I don't know how good an "Amen" is coming from an agnostic. lol)

I completely agree! People are people whether they are male or female.

There are good and bad people in all sex and gender identities.

Blanketly qualifying one as all-good and another as all-bad is the height of ignorance/arrogance.

Just the other day, they caught a 50 something year old woman who was molesting a underage boy in a juvenile center, or if you live in Texas, you hear about female teachers that are being caught sleeping with their underage students.

Sexism is not only hating on a sex you don't like, but also turning a blind eye to the crimes of the sex you support.
 GodlessGal
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/18/2019 10:59:27 AM
A woman who transitioned lied about her sex when donating blood in the UK and it nearly killed the recipient. Women develop antibiodies upon pregnancy that attack the heart and lungs of an uncomplimentary genetic shuffling, thats the mechanism by which the body miscarries a pregnancy. Most sexually active women statistically had a pregnancy and never knew because the zygote did not adhere to the uterine wall and passed with menstruation. Women post partum who donate blood and have these antibiodies carry a 30% risk of placing in males a lung infection with a 10% fatality rate. Im at work. Go look up the debates in the uk papers. Cross sex transfusion and organ donation has a high failure rate because: sex is NOT just a presentation of gender, it is in the molecular structure of every cell.
 basilisk123
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/18/2019 11:15:00 AM
^^^^ I see what you are talking about. I bookmarked it for further reading later when I get out of work.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/19/2019 8:23:18 AM

No, I don't believe that transgenders have any business in the women's can. Kids do not need to be exposed to this for obvious safety reasons.

Exposed to what?
I don't make it a habit to be peeking under doors, nor do I watch others
do their business.

I can't rarely get in a "debate" (hahahaha @ "debates" in POF) because as
soon as people drag out the name calling (trannies) and then counter with
"well they call us...blah blah blah", all reasonable discourse goes out the
window IMO.

I can't imagine what these people go through (and neither can you), but to be
trapped in the wrong body and then being ostracized by society must be a living
hell...a sane person can't really imagine that someone would decide to change
just for the heck of it.

We don't have to know "what's coming."
Mind your business and let others mind theirs.
If we need to start wearing labels...let's ALL have to wear them.
So we can figure what sort of ***hole is headed our way...labels could be all
sorts...ignorant, intolerant, racist, bigot, homophobic...whatever fits.

I suppose some people would have to wear several labels...could be a new
style trend.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/19/2019 11:24:55 AM

I was a founding member of the LGB back in 1994 because I was horrified by the way gays were treated.

I'm confused. You state your age as 43 although by way of compliment or disbelief.....you look far younger. So in 1994, you were 15 or 16'ish and a founding member of the LGB but according to another thread, you married a Muslim and we all know their thoughts on this matter.

I agree with many of your insights although it seems you don't have a very high opinion of men, transgender or otherwise. Women too, transgender or otherwise, have been known to abuse children of either sex.

Although I'm not very good at math, something here quite definitely does not add up.
 cooldog65
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/19/2019 11:34:42 AM

You state your age as 43 although by way of compliment or disbelief.....you look far younger. So in 1994, you were 15 or 16'ish

Actually 18 for the first half of the year and 19 for the second half.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/19/2019 11:36:16 AM

Actually 18 for the first half of the year and 19 for the second half.

Lol. I did say I not good at math. Thank you.
 oldwxman
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/19/2019 11:38:16 AM

So we can figure what sort of ***hole is headed our way...labels could be all
sorts...ignorant, intolerant, racist, bigot, homophobic...whatever fits.

Always outraged about something. Whether it be a bankrupt company not giving you a charge account or being offended on behalf of people who you won't sit next to on a bus. Aren't you a little too old to be a mindless SJW?
 basilisk123
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/19/2019 1:36:56 PM
I read those articles about the blood transfusion between women and men.

1. From what I read, it is the Men or trans women that are in danger from the blood of ever-pregnant women. If I am wrong, please cite a source.

2. It is a single study from a Dutch group. It needs to be repeated before it can be verified.

Short answer is that there is more risk to men and trans-women than to women and trans-men due to either blood physiology or iron content of ever-pregnant female blood. They don't know which it is yet, so they are looking into it. That is all. If it is iron content, wouldn't that be easily remedied by giving the patient iron pills? If it is physiology, then it is just a matter of watching the patient to catch the respiratory complication that MIGHT occur. No biggy.
 dwmitch
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/24/2019 7:56:58 PM

halfofhalfnot, make a profile with a San Francisco address, then come back and tell me with a straight face it's paranoia.

That's a large population center. Dating sites should be supplemental in your case, not primary. Unless you live in a small town like I do where the only people you see for weeks at a time are old enough to be your parents, married, or related to you sites like this should just be something you browse out of boredom before bed.

all the ones I see usually spell out that they are trans in their profiles.

That's all well and good for Houston, but here in MO none of them are clearly labeled. They may be near St. Louis and KC, but in central MO there's no mention of it at all in their profile. Granted we don't have a large TS/TG population in MO, but the handful I've run into who were obviously male made no mention of it.

Maybe these sites need a different category for trans people

Wouldn't do any good in my experience. Ok Cupid lets you select male and female, and it also has an "advanced mode" where you can declare yourself trans or cobble together a custom gender from any of the 65,535 genders out there (correction: 65,536. I have just been informed that potato chip is a gender). It also has search options where you can search for men, women, and any combination of custom genders. Searches strictly for women will turn up people who are obviously men and have their gender option set to female.

Out of curiosity I once did a search for trans women. Just vanilla trans, none of the custom genders. Absolutely no one used the option. After some curious Googling I came across message boards where guys were throwing a fit saying things like "they didn't need to add that option. We're women, period!" before the thread ended with a picture of Trump, signaling the start of the mandatory two minute hate for the day.

With all of those "trans panic murder" cards that they play to shut down debate on things not even remotely related to alphabet soup issues you'd think that they'd want to be open about what they were born with when trying to get a date.
 Tech30
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/25/2019 7:42:07 AM
Take all different types and just throw them into a society together. Nothing can go wrong.

And this is just genders, we havent started talking about races, religions and ideologies.....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/sep/09/sexual-assaults-in-womens-prison-reignite-debate-over-transgender-inmates-karen-white
 Tech30
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 2/25/2019 7:46:08 AM
And the foundation of morality is civilization. That is, learning to live in a group of non-familial people.

You have it backwards. The foundation of civilization is morality. Unfortunately you start to bring in people who dont share your morals and try to impose their on your society, you have a societal breakdown.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Too many transgender...