Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Too many transgender...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tech30
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Too many transgender...Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Its a mental illness that the left want to go along with to not offend anyone.
Look at the trans kid's mom. She pushed that life on her son for fame and money. She is using her son and people applaud it.

We let it go so far as going along with it when someone says that today they feel like part female part something else, but yesterday they were male.

We let men compete against women in martial arts as long as they say they identify as female, putting real women in danger.
we had a man win woman of the year.
We have men competing in female sports and dominating. Making it pointless for women to even compete.

We need to stop worrying about peoples feelings and start to put our foot down to all this nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AlKRfy66Tw
 Inicia
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/12/2019 8:59:50 AM
so the west was won by the left, the right lost to the north, on the left hand we have five fingers and the right hand we have five fingers, little jack horner, got a finger and thumb of each hand in everybodies plum pie, keep focusing the right eye on the left and the left eye on the right and those crossed eyes will never find a Juncture in the "T' or an "i' to dot....missing the "real" point of focus every time, but may find the source of stink at the end of the nose.
 basilisk123
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/12/2019 10:46:28 AM
Again with the transphobia, Tech30?
I guess some people only live to hate on others. That is kind of sad. I mean, there are better things to do out there, like read a book or listen to music.

(Sigh)

Why is everyone only focusing on trans-females? What about trans-males?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/12/2019 11:42:33 AM
"We" need to put our feet down and stop all this nonsense...jaysus.

Hopefully, the dinosaurs will slowly make their way to the tar pits...once again.
Make room for those that are inclusive and have empathy for ones that are different
than we are.

Sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression are here to stay.
Educate yourself and get used to it.
 Tech30
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/13/2019 6:49:00 AM
"Again with the transphobia, Tech30?"

Its not transphobia since I;m not afraid of trans people. I just think they do and push a lot of very stupid nonsense ideas that have no basis in science or fact.

Especially when mentally deranged parents push it on their children.

Criticism is valid. I know left leaning people lump criticism with harassment but its not.

Its a problem when the government starts to regulate speech and when they start arresting people for not playing along with this nonsense.

The reason people talk more about trans women is that they are men who get into womens spaces and abuse their power over real women.

Trans men (women) cant go into male sports and dominate.

Its unfortunate that most people cant actually discuss this topic, instead they try to call people hateful, or phobic.

It isnt hate or phobia, this has real world negative effects on people, children and society.
 Tech30
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/13/2019 6:56:08 AM
Yes trans and all that has been around for a long time. I have no problem with trans people.
Most of you are blind to the actual argument. No one is against them. I am against having it pushed on society.

Dont make me ignore science and pretend that gender is fluid and that there is no difference between the male and female brain.
Dont make laws telling me what I can and cant say to a trans person.

Dont force me to give my kid hormone blockers because one day my son wants to act girly and wear a dress and play tea party.
Dont try to pretend there is no difference between a trans woman and a real woman.

Unfortunately most of you dont understand the difference between being critical and being hateful .
The percentage of trans people is minuscule, but their presence in media is vastly over represented.

Also, with all the mental health issues trans people suffer, it isnt the fun exciting lifestyle that the media tried to promote with Desmond the Amazing trans kid. IN that case its actually abuse.

There is no denying that some parents push this on their children.
 Tech30
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/13/2019 7:00:29 AM
Children dont think of this stuff if it isnt pushed on them.

no child will say they want to use "they/them" pronouns.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/parents-push-liberal-transgender-ideology-on-young-children-in-new-viral-video.html

There is a definite push to feminize men . If you succeed in that, you will have feminine men, trans men, and no one able to defend the country in a war.
 Tech30
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/13/2019 7:08:34 AM
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/transgender-kids-have-we-gone-too-far/article16897043/
 browneyesboo
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/13/2019 7:15:39 AM
You don't know what children do.
You have no idea what children think.
You have no idea what other people think.
You're a privileged white male who knows who he is
and doesn't struggle with his identity and doesn't live
in fear of being expatriated from society.

Christians are the worst persecutors of people who
are outsiders..I don't need to read any bullshit or watch
any videos from them.
 basilisk123
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/13/2019 6:31:46 PM
Tech30, transphobia does not necessarily have to do with fear. This is the official definition.
trans·pho·bi·a
[?tranz'fobe?]

NOUN
dislike of or prejudice against transsexual or transgender people.

this definition is a perfect fit for you, Tech30. Everything you said matches up with it.

No, the criticism is invalid because the source is springs from is hatred and/or fear.

I believe you are in Canada. I will leave it to you to discuss Canada things.

In the US Speech has never been free in every regard. You can't run through an airport screaming bomb unless there is actually a bomb. You can't scream in a theater that there is a fire, unless there is actually a fire. There are limits to free speech.
Is sports the defining factor in why you focus only on trans women? That is kind of a shallow reason. I don't believe it one iota.
Tech 30, you have it reversed. It isn't transgenders that got pushed on society. It was society's gender norms that got pushed on people. Now that technology and understanding have came to the point were they could come out, they have become able to exert their own voice. It is a wonderful thing, and unlike you, I do not wish to silence them.

Tech 30, we have discussed science multiple times here. I have posted scientific journals for you to read, but you ignore all of them to perpetuate a silly pseudo science you dream up in your head or you scrounge around for in some right wing toilet bowl of a blog. Safe to say actual scientific studies are not on your side.

As for media representation of them. They are barely on at all. I almost never see a transgender on TV or in movies outside of indie films. Could this be a Canada thing? If so, that is pretty cool. Transgenders are very different from people like you and I. I would love to explore their lives. The writer in me gets giddy at the very thought. The differences that are between them and us cisgenders (yes our gender identity has a name) should be celebrated, not ridiculed.
 Tech30
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/14/2019 7:55:20 AM
Lol did you just try to say I have privilege? Hilarious coming from a woman, the most privileged in north american society.

Im so shocked an SJW mentioned privilege, it almost never happens....

Yes I do know who I am.

I was once a child and i can remember what i thought about as a child.

Im non religious by the way. Most lefties assume anyone who isnt far left is religious. I get it, you share narrow views of your peers.
 Tech30
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/14/2019 8:10:45 AM
I didnt say I want to silence anyone. Again you ignore most of what I say and just stick to your narrow view.

Criticism doesnt come from hate or fear, it comes from measuring what people say against reality.

You havent shown anything worth reading. You post articles from people with theories and no real science to back it.
Real science negates those theories.

I focused on trans women because they are in the news a lot lately. There arent trans men joining mens sports and dominating. Its trans women dominating over women. And again a man won woman of the year...

Sure you cant yell fire in a theatre and you cant incite violence. but you CAN express your ideas. Social media outlets like twitter and facebook and even Youtube censor people and thats why Gab and Dissenter were created. To bring back actual freedom of speech.

The left will brainwash people to think anyone not on the left is a hateful neo nazi, but its simply not true. The right seem more open to discussing and hearing opposing views than the left are.

The left are the ones who made it illegal to criticize Islam, or to misgender someone. The left are the ones calling for regulation of speech.

A nobel prize winning DNA scientist was stripped of honors over his findings. Instead of a discussion they just wanted his to be silent.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/13/health/james-watson-honors-stripped-intl/index.html

Controversial ideas should be discussed , not hidden and ignored.

Most of you cant handle reality. You want to re-write reality. People want to get rid of michael jackson from history because of allegations from a documentary.

Sorry folks but trans people will never be real men or real women. its scientific fact.
 Tech30
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/14/2019 8:36:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I75kfAVF64A

Right off the bat Peirce makes a good point about people being bulied into not debating these issues. Thats what the left/SJWs do. They call you all kinds of names to get you scared of being labeled a racist or sexist or so on to shut you up. Unfortunately for the SJWs there are many people who caught on to this tactic and we arent afraid to be labeled by morons.

THere are so many examples of this .

The media claiming anyone who didnt like captain marvel is sexist, when in reality it wasnt about the gender of the character.
People calling criticism of islam, islamophobic.
People calling criticism of any kind, fear and hate when it isnt.

Sorry, not sorry, but you wont shut down discussions and debate. You arent entitled to not having your opinions questioned.

You cant ignore (but you will) that trans women assault real women , and dominate over real women in sports.

I have no problem with a trans woman league. Or a trans woman jail.

#ProtectWomen
 Tech30
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/14/2019 8:49:08 AM
https://qz.com/1190996/scientific-research-shows-gender-is-not-just-a-social-construct/
 Tech30
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/14/2019 8:55:41 AM
"We can, and should, advocate for the rights of intersex people and those who do not fit typical gender norms, while at the same time acknowledging these scientific truths."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2018/10/31/science_shows_sex_is_binary_not_a_spectrum_138506.html
 Tech30
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/14/2019 9:03:19 AM
"its about maintaining reality"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugzxb5zM-A4
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/14/2019 11:27:48 AM

Tech 30, you have it reversed. It isn't transgenders that got pushed on society. It was society's gender norms that got pushed on people. Now that technology and understanding have came to the point were they could come out, they have become able to exert their own voice. It is a wonderful thing, and unlike you, I do not wish to silence them.

If you look at other societies around the world that were formed without this European-Puritan-Religious ethic dominating the culture, you find the gender separation is almost non-existent. Community bathrooms are not split by sexes, nor are schools, classrooms, bathing areas and whatever. The idea that the genders should be separated and nudity was evil and that kind of crap DID come out of a specific, religious thought process a thousand years ago.

If someone is done with a gym workout and goes to the locker room to change - and pulls off an artificial limb - we tend to stare a bit because it is different. Same thing if they are missing a breast and have a mastectomy scar. Same if they pull off a wig or baseball cap and reveal a dent in their skull from some past military service. It's unusual. We all have that built-in curiosity. Some have horrid body odor. But we don't chase them out of the room or call the cops because of it. Why do we if we see a penis - or not? That stigma is something learned - just like racism or religious hatred - we are not born with it. If a person is minding their own business, changing their clothes, getting ready for work -- who the hell are we to stand up and decide they are legally violating our comfort level by their mere presence?

We have that fear that mingling everyone together leads to a negative outcome, but that is pretty much because we were TOLD it was so -- and we have not tried to do it any other way.

When I was a little kid, playing in traveling basketball tournaments - I had NO idea the high school we were visiting used the ladies' locker room for the visiting team. I just thought it was odd there was no urinals in the bathroom. We were all guys in there, changing into uniforms, showering afterward, watching the other teams play their games. The room is just a room, and gets used for whatever purpose it is needed at that time. When you go camping, and everyone shares the same tent, modesty goes out the window.

The stink I find with transgenders is not necessarily political or religious in nature, but based on the idea people are being programmed to be terrified of something different instead of curious. People from both political extremes are using their voices in social media, with a volume and frequency never witnessed before - and as such are spreading their fear (and/or filth) far and wide, pretending they are the norm. It's no wonder people get enraged easily and confused by what the real problem may be. Listing these incidents where an already proven, sentenced criminal is allowed to gender change and get out of jail, or offends again in a girls' bathroom -- they are STILL a very small sliver of a small category of people. The idea we should fear all TG's more than getting hit by a distracted driver at a stoplight is a joke. Stop getting sucked into your Facebook feeds and realize a larger perspective.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/15/2019 8:58:27 AM
I operate on the view that you are born as the gender you were meant to be but I don't discriminate, hate or judge. Everyone, especially over the age of majority has the right to make their own 'life' choices and live with the consequences. My concern is that even those with so-called text book 'knowledge' cannot predict the long term physical and emotional effects on those who are now deciding to physically transition and thus joining the world's first human guinea pigs in this venture.

Personally, I think that mistaken gender identity is a form of mental illness for which there should be no stigma attached. The confusion is probably developed over the span of the individual's life and could be due to many factors. These might include emotional/physical/sexual abuse, low self-worth, a lack of confidence or damaged self perception in their own assigned gender due to competitive peer pressure, bullying, parental or lack of parental care and guidance, lack of traditional same sex role models, personal perception of physical appearance and/or degree of attractiveness expected in their gender. Frightenly enough, their decision may be based on the attention they may get by daring to be different in today's world where different is desirable.

I am appalled by the recent Supreme Court decision to allow a 14 year old to begin the process of trans-gendering against the parent's wishes because that CHILD has decided they were born in the 'wrong body' so therefore they identify as the opposite sex. I've read that the teenage brain does not fully develop until about the age of 25. This is because the prefrontal cortex is still developing so teenagers might rely on a part of the brain called the amygdala to make decisions and solve problems more than adults do. The amygdala is apparently associated with emotions, impulses, aggression and instinctive behaviour. Knowing this, we don't allow our youth to drink, smoke or vote. We set curfews and expect accountability and send them to school, often against their wishes. What happens when a child feels that they do not 'identify' as a student? In spite of all of this, a CHILD can legally obtain an abortion without parental consent and now a CHILD can be encouraged and even allowed to possibly irrevocably and devastatingly change the person they may have been meant to be at an age before they are even allowed to drive? Most importantly before their brains are even fully developed! We are already in the early stages of learning of people who suffer gender change remorse and revert back to their birth gender. At what personal cost?

What's next? Do we allow addicts legal and perhaps even free access to currently illegal or illicit drugs, alcohol, etc. because they identify as addicts? Perhaps next, we even eliminate the criminal elements from human and animal abuse, domestic violence, prostitution, sex crimes and even serial killing crimes because those people may also identify as addicts. How about those who identify as pedophiles? Recent news says that is a topic of debate in some twisted circles. My God. Where will it end? I'm just shaking my head in fear and confusion. What is our world coming to?
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/15/2019 9:30:04 AM

Personally, I think that mistaken gender identity is a form of mental illness for which there should be no stigma attached. The confusion is probably developed over the span of the individual's life and could be due to many factors. These might include emotional/physical/sexual abuse, low self-worth, a lack of confidence or self perception in their own assigned gender due to competitive peer pressure, bullying, parental or lack of parental care and guidance, lack of traditional same sex role models, personal perception of physical appearance or attractiveness, and frightenly enough, the attention they may get by daring to be different in today's world where different is desirable.

The human brain is still a real bag of cats, to be sure - but I find it hard to understand how someone cannot accept the idea the crossed wiring didn't happen in the womb first - like Fetal Alcohol or Down's Syndrome or any other birth defect - but HAS to be something that happened afterward. Why is sexual preference somehow something that magically appears at puberty? Can be learned or taught?

Allowing minors to get sex changes and plastic surgery and abortions is NOT something openly done everywhere - and many rules are still in place to stop it, and with good reason you spell out above - but what about incest? Abuse by their parents or guardians? I think people need to decide to draw the line not by an age alone, but by circumstances. I personally don't think people should get tattoos without knowing what they will look like at age 70 - but that's not a law anyone will support.
 spot4username
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/15/2019 11:54:27 AM

I don't discriminate, hate or judge.

Are you sure you understand the meaning of those words?
 basilisk123
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/15/2019 12:06:16 PM
Actually, a child's gender identity is pretty developed by age 4 if I remember right. Their sexual identity doesn't finish developing until puberty is over.

About the 14 year old. I have not heard of that case, but I can understand why the kid would want the procedure done by then. The kid is doing it before secondary sexual characteristics take hold. By doing it early, it is easier for them to transition to their gender identity with the minimum of drugs and less side effects, I believe.

For trans females, there will be no Adam's apple or low voice, or chiseled jaw, or manly muscle mass that they have to get rid of. It will be less surgery, scarring, and trauma to their body. I think that that is what the kid is thinking about.

It makes sense.

Should they be doing it at that age though? That is a good question.
It is something that they and their family have to talk seriously about. Ultimately, I am on the fence about it. All I can say is that is should be on a case by case basis if at all.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/15/2019 1:41:58 PM

I find it hard to understand how someone cannot accept the idea the crossed wiring didn't happen in the womb first

Downs or Fetal Alcohol Syndromes are physical issues, the first dealing with chromosomes and the second caused by alcohol abuse while pregnant.

Mental illnesses such as Bi-Polar, Depression, Social Anxieties, Personality Disorders, Phobias, etc. all seem to manifest during and after the teen years so it would seem that they are linked somehow hormonally or chemically...crossed wiring if you prefer, and all of these can affect an individual's behavior and perceptions of themselves, others and the effects of the world around them.

Sure there have always been children, girls for instance who are referred to as tom boys or boys who seem more effeminate than other boys their age. Only a miniscule percentage of those develop a mistaken gender issue. Some girls/women prefer more traditionally masculine activities while some boys/men prefer more traditionally feminine activities. That in my opinion is completely understandable and and should be the first consideration. Some heavy duty mental health counselling should be provided before any life changing physical alterations, just to rule out the possibility that any kind of mental illness related to hormonal/chemical imbalances or even trauma is responsible for the confusion. From what I've heard......"I've always felt that I should have been born a boy/girl" is enough to diagnose a case of mistaken gender identity and that is just scary.

I have a person close to me who was diagnosed in her early twenties as Bi-Polar and quite frankly, her emotional wellness and state of mental health has deteriorated since then. I actually think that the medication may have induced her Bi-Polar symptoms. She also now realizes that she probably suffers from other mental health disorders and quite possibly was never Bi-Polar at all.

The human brain is still a real bag of cats, to be sure
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/15/2019 2:40:02 PM

Some heavy duty mental health counseling should be provided before any life changing physical alterations, just to rule out the possibility that any kind of mental illness related to hormonal/chemical imbalances or even trauma is responsible for the confusion.

No offense, but Puberty IS ALREADY a life-changing physical, hormonal alteration, and as far as I can tell most everyone endures it without heavy duty counseling.
Getting knocked up and bearing a kid biologically changes women, too - at ANY age.

Like the example you bear -- being diagnosed with an official condition doesn't promise things will get better - so why the hell make it a requirement?
Maybe everyone that owns a gun or drives a car should get a Shrink test too - just to be sure Road Rage won't be a problem. Or does that create more problems than it solves?

Testing and counseling someone who wants to be different sounds far too much like an institution trying to 'Pray the Gay Away' or the other twisted conformist things we've been doing to each other for the last few centuries. There is a huge difference between observing a social group for scientific data and trying to change the way they think. We discriminate against people by Age for many good reasons, but the violence part is what to worry about, not who they want to ask out to the prom.
 backcreek7
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/15/2019 11:03:35 PM
... I believe it is todays de-moralized, anything goes & extensive electronic playground ( with smartphones in every ear from age 6 on & 24 / 7 at that ) which actually corrupts a childs thinking. Instead of listening to their informed / intelligent parents - it is our perverted 180 degree out, insane world they are hearing about & bombarded with the most. It is not their fault though, as everyday they are seemingly filled with totally abstract beliefs and opinions. Many of these are often, not ones MOST parents would share or agree with. They end up perceiving that this f-upped mess of a society, is their best guide for growing up & becoming adults ( poor things ) .

... Seems kids are bombarded with so many bizarre scenarios ~ they not only don't know who they are, but start "wondering" what they are. And this occuring long before their brains are ready for it. In a " sane " world, they would not be bombarded with so much " pure bulls*hit ". So yes ( until they reach age ) I think the parents should be guiding a childs important decisions, concerning gender identification & other "life changing " choices as well.

... So yes, if it is obvious the youngster goes by the beat of a different drummer - then he / she will have the rest of their lives too live as they see fit. And parents should not impart their knowledge radically but with tact, consideration and love. The kids have the rest of their lives (after age 18 ) to make any kind of change, or decisions they choose.

... As far as trans-genders go, it is my thought ~ they should wait 'til legal age before being officially / legally designated as such. That they should live and function as their true " birth " sex , until of legal age. I really don't believe any harm will be done, living as their true " birth " identity ~ until they reach the age of 18 .

... Just my opinion, nothing more / nothing less ...

... heart / children / sun ...
 basilisk123
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/16/2019 5:29:52 AM
".. I believe it is todays de-moralized, anything goes & extensive electronic playground ( with smartphones in every ear from age 6 on & 24 / 7 at that ) which actually corrupts a childs thinking. Instead of listening to their informed / intelligent parents - it is our perverted 180 degree out, insane world they are hearing about & bombarded with the most. It is not their fault though, as everyday they are seemingly filled with totally abstract beliefs and opinions. Many of these are often, not ones MOST parents would share or agree with. They end up perceiving that this f-upped mess of a society, is their best guide for growing up & becoming adults ( poor things ) ."-backcreek7

In my experience, it depends on the parents. If they are the type that would like to "pray the gay/transgender away", then they are neither informed nor intelligent.
There might be a corrupting influence in the digital age, I will admit. However, the opposite is also true. Kids are way more highly informed of the consequences of their actions than you or I was before the internet revolution.

In either case, communication between parents and kids must take place to see what their positions are. A problem occurs when say, a parent is an ultra conservative that rejects the child outright without in-depth thought. I think the child has every right to seek support through some other avenue, such as a counselor, adult relative, or adult family friend who will not judge them and work through their problem together with them without forcing them one way or the other. The ultimate purpose is to have the child come up with their own decision by their own reasoning.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Too many transgender...