Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Too many transgender...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Too many transgender...Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I agree definitely that social media has a huge influence on our children and there are far too many parents who use this as a baby sitting tool. It makes me shudder to realize the loss of a child's innocence when he/she can simply type the right word and see sex as something dirty and perverted, without love, and not always heterosexual, thus introducing alternate ideology before the child has even come to terms or understanding of any sexuality of their own. Advertising and the social expectations of a child's appearance can be catalysts for so many things including eating disorders and possibly even gender confusion.

People forget however that parents have never been parents before and parenting is a continuous learning process. We're not always going to get it right. Today's society where both parents must work to support the family means that children often have increased access to digital learning. Parents are just too busy, too tired.....and if they had poor parenting examples throughout their own childhood, the problem just increases.

To think that a CHILD can make their own life altering decisions by their own reasoning, having measured the potential consequences is just not a reasonable expectation. Children and even adults often feel that they are invincible and just don't consider the consequences first, but instead, suffer for them later.
 Inicia
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/19/2019 8:01:20 AM
we have social media-being more tenacious and diligent than our children is parents responsibility, i don't believe i would even allow my child a smart phone, idk as my child is grown. however, there are parental controls, history tracking, blocking etc-if i knew they were on social media i would require access.
The parents of this generation are blessed with the experience provided by technology. It is easier to be diligent in supervising our children when we are aware of the pit holes. children , regardless of our protections make life altering decisions, every day and we can by our response help them to be well adjusted and functioning in society:

Certainly anything unique(socially sanctioned +: or socially stigmatized)can arise in any human, controlling exposure does not necessarily make for a well adjusted adult.. Any person can fail to function at their own optimal capacity, and judgement and stigma from society at large can be in the absence of a loving accepting home, more damaging to a developing child, such as: classmates teachers, neighbors, authority figures, retail service, for a few.
An awareness and casual attitude, can remove much allure of the hidden.

we can damage, extremely, our children's perception of self and capabilities to function as an independent, self actualizing adult comfortable within a " technological media exorbitant society".

I DO Not claim or believe a transgender person is not well adjusted..
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/19/2019 8:42:41 AM

children , regardless of our protections make life altering decisions, every day and we can by our response help them to be well adjusted and functioning in society:

Agreed but can't we do our best to try to minimize access to information that is not age appropriate? Granted, they may get it somewhere other than at home. We can't control everything but that is why we should never berate them for their questions but encourage them to ask and give them honest and open answers to the extent that is only what they need to know for understanding at their particular age.

Example: The bathroom door often remains open when children are too small to be unsupervised. My toddler asked why I needed that (that, being a tampon). I told him that mommies bleed down there sometimes but it doesn't hurt. Seemed to satisfy him for the time being. He didn't need the whole lecture at that age, nor IMO does a six year old need to consider gender identity other than when curious, to be told that some men/woman like to dress as the opposite gender and everyone is different. They don't need to know about the sexual aspect at that age. They just need to be taught to respect the differences in people.
 Inicia
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/19/2019 9:51:29 AM
idk when we give birth often , besides healthy, biological sex is the most salient, predominant characteristic in determining every choice we foist upon our children.
gender specific qualities assigned in the swaddling blanket colors, name, so we pick the toys, clothes, for our boys and girls; often not cutting a girls hair, while boys 1st haircut is a gender milestone. ???????? so gender exposure??? we the adults stereotype, immediately;
telling our children u r masculine or feminine?? often we say as they grow and make their own preferences known; she's a tomboy or he's a sissy??? the adult world does this, we make the gender expression abnormal saying He/she not a real boy or girl???

but certainly sex(fornication , choices, styles) wouldn't be necessary;however ,knowing a lot about what constitutes sexual touch is extremely valuable.

my mother and father made sure , at a very young age , That we were aware of proper acceptable touch and the sexual pleasure intent and procreation methods that were contained in private parts .
We always knew if we were being were being violated. As a result we were rarely approached by inappropriate, authority figures and when they did we knew to report it immediately. To be uncomfortable if our boundaries are crossed, and understanding what constitutes prurient interest is extremely valuable for children.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/20/2019 9:06:21 AM
^^^^
You are absolutely right that we assign gender identity at birth based on the gender they are born with. Yes...chances are that we tease our girls about preferring traditional boy stuff and possibly worry about our boys who prefer traditional girl stuff and try to substitute boy toys. Probably something we could consider not doing becasue that could be why males may have more difficulty than females to reach the point where they decide to 'come out of the closet'. I can't imagine however that this would trigger mistaken gender identity. After all, it's apparently an approximate 0.5% possibility in the American population?
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/20/2019 12:09:36 PM
You know, where to begin. TBH I don't care what someone identifies themselves with gender, sexual orientation , etc. However, I do dislike the present PC culture where the majority of the population is being told they "have to respect this persons right to choose gender and cater to it". I mean catering by using tax payers funds to make new bathrooms, etc. Evolution and nature says what gender you are. No one should be treated different just because they "FEEL" they are a female that was born as a male. Our society has really gone in the gutter for pushing this crap. Shouldn't matter if one is a liberal or conservative.

I mean every nut house has a guy (or gal) who thinks they are Napoleon. Should we ALL recognize this person as Napoleon and tax payer chip in to buy a white horse and conscript an army for the wannabe Napoleon? They really think they are Napoleon. They feel it!
 Inicia
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/20/2019 2:46:14 PM
Napoleon was a specific person???
we treat male and female children, gender specific. Therefore, it was my parents and society attachment to sex/gender expression in which the acceptance or rejection of social norms determined said gender expression. Nature/biology has nothing to do with gender it is all nurture...If you believe gender is the same as sex you might want to read up a little(this failure to educate and unwillingness to be informed: might be the social gutter of which you speak!)
Is your claim : Other's emotional attachment of biological sex to specific gender expression, are valid above the individual's expression of personal gender outside of sex/gender norms?

Maybe if we stopped feeling each sex has certain inherent gender expressions necessary, we could alleviate much of the fear, hate and ignorance around .05% of the population, and many issues in the rest of society. ERA has not even passed.

Yes, it is rare that one is willing to challenge normative Gender expression choices, risking extreme negative social sanctions, as well as acceptance by loved ones.
Pushing crap like:Equality, democracy, A just and fair society? Businesses pay for their own restrooms? and many have already changed to unisex labels?? i bet changing ladies to female or women's room was upsetting ??
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/20/2019 5:10:31 PM
True. That doesn't stop myself from believing I am him..back from the dead :)
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/20/2019 6:48:28 PM

TBH I don't care what someone identifies themselves with gender, sexual orientation , etc. However, I do dislike the present PC culture where the majority of the population is being told they "have to respect this persons right to choose gender and cater to it".

I totally agree with that but on the other hand....picture people's faces as they watch an individual wearing a dress walk into the men's room and someone who appears in every way to be a man walks into the ladie's room. LOL! I'm picturing some drama.
 Inicia
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/21/2019 8:49:16 AM
i guess one thinks that "gender" expression is not about social appearances? many females who appear physically as men to those who love lipstick and dresses are often times threatened to have security called upon them. So you are correct SIS, many female androgenos comedians have a hayday with just that topic. I think female gender identity choices are harder to detect because so much of our gender identity is a costume, therefor it contains more fear and hostility for the overwhemingly hetero sexual population being fooled by a costume and god forbid a heteroman aroused by a costume.. tooo frickin funny so shows the object dynamic..
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/23/2019 1:15:46 PM
A lot of the stereotypes that we associate with each gender are cultural - not based in fact. For example, in our society women wear dresses, high heels and plaster their faces with makeup. People don’t understand that their was a time when Scottish men wore kilts and men of European royalty wore high heels, tights and wigs. What’s considered masculine and feminine changes with the specific time and place throughout history. In North America there’s the stereotype that a male hairdresser must be gay. In Italy, this is not the case at all and the men aren’t afraid to wear colors that we associate with feminity.
 Inicia
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/23/2019 1:48:51 PM
that the gender norms change across and within cultures does not eradicate the desire to represent, and be judged as outside of whatever the gender norms, may be at time: Or eradicate those who feel righteous to express judgement and or mockery and their continual attempts to exclude and segregate the "ab-norms"sic.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/23/2019 2:04:43 PM
^^^ Not every society expressed judgement or mockery or excluded and segregated the abnormal. Many Native American societies were accepting of people who identified with a gender that they weren’t born with.
 Inicia
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/23/2019 7:48:44 PM
so be obtuse__Let me clear up what I'm trying to so politely explain This whole forum is and has been mocking stereotyping and judging People who are transgender .. can Can you understand ; How bout a forum titled too many Entitled Straight white folk
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 3/24/2019 8:21:43 AM

I totally agree with that but on the other hand....picture people's faces as they watch an individual wearing a dress walk into the men's room and someone who appears in every way to be a man walks into the laddie's room. LOL! I'm picturing some drama.

Yes it does happen .I have arrested" She He's "and they are separated. But that leads to my point about "catering". If they want their rights respected, they also must understand the "needs of the many outweigh" the needs of the few. The mainstream has to be respected as well. I see many new establishments are building bathrooms that just have locks on the doors that can be individually manipulated to avoid those incidents.
In my mind it is similar to public protests. People have a right to partake in them . However, if the rights of the protesters are elevated that above the rights of the freedom loving public, then police have a right to respond. Nothing is more annoying than being stuck in an office building because "crazy" protesters are chained up blocking your exit.

I can't speak for Canada, but US laws were created to help protect minority groups so they aren't ostracized legally. But present culture has elevated these groups to having rights that are against the welfare of the majority. Understand when I say minorities , I am not just talking race,gender identification, etc. I am even talking big business. Our system of lobbying is wrong. Include Minority with "BIG EVIL DRUG companies". Only business in America(defense also )where the tax payer pays for their research and then again their profits on the finished product. Not only does this make drugs very expensive here but how fair is that? 99% of businesses sink or swim based on their own.
 Inicia
Msg: 166
view profile
History
elitist straight white folk
Posted: 3/24/2019 11:25:52 AM
this forum is addressing a specific minority group. Start a forum topic addressing majority vs minority and or individual constitutional rights, of which, corporations have said protections but not restrictions. have the discussion in off topic.. this thread is ignorant and offensive, clearly soliciting the bashing a minority or and exposure of that ignorance-
go ahead. ws are
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Too many transgender...