Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When is it ok to say I love you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CBGB77
Msg: 51
view profile
History
I hear spring is beautiful in the UKPage 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

Posted By: Newyorker58 on 5/6/2018 743 PM
Subject: Stop changing the subject! Lol
Message: CBGB, you certainly hit the jackpot with this woman!

Thanks Newyorker58,I really did. So crazy about this girl! Tomorrow is only Date #5 but it feels like we have dating much longer,maybe because we talk morning till night on the days that we are not together. We are like teenagers taking on the phone: "You hangup first" "No you!" Actually we don't talk on the phone we do it by Facebook IM.Lots of stickers with cute animals and hearts.
 hey_suze
Msg: 52
view profile
History
I hear spring is beautiful in the UK
Posted: 5/7/2018 2:08:38 AM
It’s a bank holiday here in the UK, and can you believe we are having fabulous weather...🌞 and that’s generally unheard of...
Iv been hanging around the forums a few months now, I enjoy reading other peoples thoughts and opinions, and I do have a few favourite posters, that I look forwards to their input.
Mustang, you are most definitely one of them. You seem like lovely bloke with a great way to explaine yourself and full of wisdom. I wish I had an ounce of what you have.
As for when is it too soon to say “I love You” I am just hopeing that, one day, I do actually get to say it again 💕 and reading other people’s stories, well, we know it’s possible and our time will come 😊
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 53
May, April and June were beautiful too, but they were redheads :)
Posted: 5/7/2018 5:02:23 AM
"BTW my second car was a Foxbody and I got an after-market T-top so I would have thought that we would have had that in common. "

>>Golly, I hate to think i'm so easy to manipulate but....when I was a wee lad a friend of my father loved buying Mustangs with T-tops. It was fun to sit in the back seat--the best memories in a back seat a child too young for sex can have. That was when you could still buy the luxury Ghia version of a Mustang, like a small Thunderbird. Late 1970's to early 1980's.

"you seem like a lovely bloke with a great way to explain yourself and full of wisdom"

*blush* thank you. As for having an ounce, so long as one is willing to learn...one will learn. Life offers many opportunities. Its the people who think they know everything...who won't reach full wisdom. Always be curious, always be willing to look over someone's shoulder and ask them what they're doing and how they're doing it, always be willing to listen to people tell their stories. When I was a kid, I hung around my parents' friends a lot b/c the only children my age living nearby were two girls (when two girls get together, the boy always gets shuttled to the side :) ). I heard all the stories, the lament of parents, and the lessons of old age. I was never too busy to hear the stories of the elderly, until of course I was in high school and there was too much homework to have that spare time.

but by that time, I probably heard 'em all...twice :) and when you're a teen, you already know it all anyway.
 moraima
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 5:59:06 AM
"Lots of stickers with cute animals and hearts.

People sure can be different. I am allergic to men who would send stickers or give children s toys to adults. People in love with being in love scare me badly.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 6:49:35 AM

Thanks Newyorker58,I really did. So crazy about this girl! Tomorrow is only Date #5 but it feels like we have dating much longer,maybe because we talk morning till night on the days that we are not together. We are like teenagers taking on the phone: "You hangup first" "No you!" Actually we don't talk on the phone we do it by Facebook IM.Lots of stickers with cute animals and hearts.

That is like me and my boyfriend! :3 except we have been in a relationship for a bit over a month and before that talked for ~3 months before meeting (I went over seas).
I think when it feels right to you like it doesn't really change much to be honest because if they are turned off by it then they're probably not for you anyway. You shouldn't have to tread lightly or be fake to avoid putting someone off. Me and my boyfriend were saying we loved each-other before we met and on the 2nd date he asked me to be his Gf.
 from site to sight
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/7/2018 8:12:45 AM

People in love with being in love scare me badly.

That's like the profiles where the Intent is "Looking for someone to marry". Dates would be like job interviews, to see if it would be possible to fall in love with the candidate, and get married within a short period of time after a short courtship.
 CBGB77
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 11:12:53 AM

Posted By: SiennaBear2 on 5/7/2018 835 AM
Subject: I hear spring is beautiful in the UK

That is like me and my boyfriend! :3 except we have been in a relationship for a bit over a month and before that talked for ~3 months before meeting (I went over seas).
I think when it feels right to you like it doesn't really change much to be honest because if they are turned off by it then they're probably not for you anyway. You shouldn't have to tread lightly or be fake to avoid putting someone off. Me and my boyfriend were saying we loved each-other before we met and on the 2nd date he asked me to be his Gf.

That is awesome! I'm happy for you guys. My 1st wife was my penpal and she lived in Japan when we met by snail mail in the late 80s. We wrote to each other for over a year and fell in love before we met just like you and your boyfriend. I first met her in person 30 years ago this month and talk to her on Facebook today. She moved back to Japan this year.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/7/2018 6:15:53 PM

People sure can be different. I am allergic to men who would send stickers or give children s toys to adults. People in love with being in love scare me badly.

Oh goodness, isn't this the truth. At this age I don't need stuffed animals, bring wine and a decent pizza. Or good cotton socks.

Someone in their 60s acting all gaga and wanting to know when to say I love you....and they've been talking about ex-wife #1 and ex-wife #2, now that is scary. It makes me wonder if they learned anything from #1 and #2.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/7/2018 7:10:15 PM
^

quel dommage!

a mature, loving man.

tsk tsk, on the POF forums, you are not allowed to be happy or in love!
 APRILIKESWHITEROSES
Msg: 60
When is it ok to say I love you?
Posted: 5/7/2018 7:17:08 PM

You hangup first" "No you!" Actually we don't talk on the phone we do it by Facebook IM.Lots of stickers with cute animals and hearts.

Nnnnnnno Comment.!!
 47Seagulls
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/7/2018 7:39:11 PM

a mature, loving man.

tsk tsk, on the POF forums, you are not allowed to be happy or in love!

A mature loving man, certainly. He's been a loving man many times. Many times.

And he's hardly in love, maybe lust or all giddy and "in like", but love, no...I don't think so. It is lovely that he's happy, ready his older stuff he was "happy" with some of those women too. I wish him the best, truly. But its not love.
 CBGB77
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 8:26:35 PM
When I say I'm in love you best believe I'm in love L-U-V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJRfx-19U84
 47Seagulls
Msg: 63
Past behaviour is very telling
Posted: 5/7/2018 8:59:09 PM
^^^ Going by your posting history in just the last 3 weeks, you've dated a few...about 3 or 4 and one you thought was "it" and now you're in "L-U-V". I'd question a man or a woman that goes all goofy after 5 dates and thinks they are in love.

I know this guy who has been married 4 times and he's late 40s. He falls and goes all weird about them, marries them and he is so possessive and nutso and as you can see, the marriages don't last long. When I met him (he's a friends brother inlaw) he was getting over divorce #4. After about a year he fell for another gal, 20 years younger and went all weird again, stalking, constant phone calls, moody if she didn't text or phone. He's on medication now and seeing a shrink. He falls hard and fast and it damn near killed him.
 Invaniam
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/7/2018 9:12:33 PM
I used to be quick to express true wuv to boyfriends when I was in my teens and twenties. Now I figure if I don’t hesitate in answering “ yes” to giving up a kidney for him, I’m probably more likely in love for reals.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2018 5:25:19 PM
If you aren't super excited in the beginning, there's a problem. You can't or shouldn't worry about a burgeoning relationship not working. It will zap all of the enjoyment out of it. Fear without reason is paralyzing.
 reverendswine
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/8/2018 7:43:36 PM
I don't know how anyone could declare "love" after a mere 4-5 dates. Call me crazy, but I believe in order to romantically love someone, you need to *know* them first. Sorry, but you don't truly ''know" someone until the romantic fog dissipates and you actually go through at least some semblance of trials and tribulations.

For you deniers of reality who believe in this "love comes so easy" nonsense, I have a question for you.

What is the difference (other than the terminology itself) between being strongly attracted to someone/feeling an extremely high level of "chemistry" and "being in love"? Are you even able to distinguish between the two? What is the specific element that separates them?

Furthermore, smothering the everloving shit out of each other is a great way to ruin something that might have otherwise had potential. Sending the message of "I've got nothing else going in my life but YOU" is bad way to start things off
 MsMicki
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2018 7:50:50 PM

Furthermore, smothering the everloving shit out of each other is a great way to ruin something that might have otherwise had potential. Sending the message of "I've got nothing else going in my life but YOU" is bad way to start things off

I have said this to my grandson so many times in the past couple years....I ask him each and every time he gets a new "love of his life" if he is willing to spend every day with her in a few months, because that is exactly what she will expect because that is what he has trained her to think he is willing to....and his history proves he's not!!

Amazing that you have to say it to grown adults too!!
 cooldog65
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2018 7:52:09 PM

What is the difference (other than the terminology itself) between being strongly attracted to someone/feeling an extremely high level of "chemistry" and "being in love"? Are you even able to distinguish between the two? What is the specific element that separates them?

Good question Pig.

I guess it would come down to whether you feel close to the same after the initial lust wears off.

In my opinion, he's not in love but in lust.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/8/2018 8:12:23 PM

I don't know how anyone could declare "love" after a mere 4-5 dates. Call me crazy, but I believe in order to romantically love someone, you need to *know* them first. Sorry, but you don't truly ''know" someone until the romantic fog dissipates and you actually go through at least some semblance of trials and tribulations.

For you deniers of reality who believe in this "love comes so easy" nonsense, I have a question for you.

Nailed it.

This gentleman has been in lust a few times in the last month or two. Seems he has "fall in love with love" issues.

I think he "loves" her like I love shoes....and I walked by 3 perfectly awesome shoe stores today with hardly a sideways glance, they will be there next week if I'm still in lust with that red pair of sandals.

It also makes me question the maturity level of someone so quick to be in lust or love or L-U-V.

And there is nothing wrong with being in Lust, its wonderful. But its just that, lust.
 CBGB77
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 6:26:37 AM
Well alrighty then!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veNzHk-ZNEs
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/9/2018 6:35:36 AM

It is quite lovely. Lively and lush.

Not gonna piss on your parade.
I’m the same, I’ve no problem telling someone early on if I have feelings for them.
How they deal with it is up to them.

“She makes me smile
She thinks the way I think
That girl makes me wanna be better
Took her down Bleecker Street
Saw she drank the way I drink
I kiss the sky to send her blue a letter
That girl
Makes me wanna be a better man
Ye should she see fit
Gonna treat her like a real man can
She's fearless, she's free
Oh she is a real live wire
And that girl
She's got me feeling so much better
Oh you trade all the money in the world
Just to see this girl's smile
All the while, she'll make you feel so much better”
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/9/2018 7:10:37 AM
People have different emotionality & OP is an open, straight shooter (IMO)

I like what NYer said about if you're not excited at the beginning, etc.

OP has dated quite a bit from what I've read here, but most became friends- he didn't profess love right off w/ all the others.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/9/2018 8:08:36 AM
What difference does it make....Love or Lust?
The only way to find out if it will last is time.
I find with all my past loves it has to start with this undeniable "like/lust/want" or call it whatever.
Two were long time...one wasn't. The one that wasn't...I kind of knew wouldn't be but it was a good time while it lasted.

In saying that, there are people that seem to fall in "love" too easy and with practically anyone.
I can't quite figure out if I envy people so open or feel bad for them....meh!
 mikeparkin2
Msg: 74
view profile
History
When is it ok to say I love you?
Posted: 5/9/2018 12:17:58 PM
When you know you want to be with that person and no one else.
And you accept that person for who they are and don't want to change them.

Love isn't "until someone better comes along"
Love isn't "finding the best person to fund my life style"
Love isn't "saying it just to get your leg over"
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/9/2018 1:53:37 PM
"What is the difference between being strongly attracted to someone/feeling an extremely high level of "chemistry" and "being in love"?

>>awright, i'll be dumb enough to try this. Physically speaking, I might have a strong attraction to someone with a killer bod. Maybe they have the best bubble-ass I've seen in a long, long time. I can't walk out and find a replacement easily enough, so I have a strong feeling. Or maybe its their attitude on life--they just seem like they'd be far more fun on a date than 90% of the other people, who will worry about who pays for what, and did we go to the coolest place or not, and what do I bring to the equation. They are just a person who brings the fun with them, a self starter of the party if you will. Or they are smart but not arrogant about it. They have a curiosity above that of most people who just float thru life. Or they are a woman who doesn't wait for things to happen, she does what work is necessary to make things happen. She's the change she wishes to see in others.

But I know that bubble-ass is going to drop with age. The party-starter gal will turn out to have a little drug issue. The curious woman doesn't believe in monogamy. The hard working woman doesn't have the time for me. How much imperfection do we put up with? When we can answer that question in a positive sense...we may have found the person we fall in love with. The cost we pay to be with the "most desireable gal" isn't high for us. Y'know the old comment, "no matter how hot she is, she's available b/c some guy got sick of her nonsense"? Well...she's not that gal, and that's why we love her. Billy Joel sung in "always a woman to me" of a high maintenance childish b1tch of a woman. That's not the broad I would fall in love with, but she obviously creates some strong attraction for a guy to put up with her BS.

We fall in love with the partner who, even in their faults, are trying to do their best by us. I have a female friend who always tells people what to do...but she's right 80% of the time, and she's telling you what you should be doing b/c she wants the best for you. Even if you already know it yourself and its annoying :) The 20% of the time she's wrong, she's not putting you down to raise herself up, she's trying to help but she just doesn't have all the facts. But as the saying goes, her heart's in the right place.

i'm strongly attracted to someone who offers a reason to be in my life. I'm in love with someone I can imagine what i'd lose if they weren't in my life. One contributes to my life, the other adds to my existence. The former's value is defined by that one thing they give, the latter's value to me is defined by who and what they are. The former I check out across the room, the latter I look for whenever I enter a room. I fantasize about brief moments with the former, I expect to spend my low moments with the latter.

yeah, yeah, I know...bring on the corn, right? :)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When is it ok to say I love you?