Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When is it ok to say I love you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 101
view profile
History
cranky miserable pplPage 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

What is this "different path to success" of which you speak?

A path not littered with failed marriages and the sort of "disaster" stories we read about on here.
And most still have no success after all that.

And how is it working for you?

I have no failed marriages.
I have no "disaster" stories.

Like the sorts of stories where glaring red flags were ignored and it was full speed ahead into disaster.

Other folks may not worry/care as much about how their lives unfold.

I'm not interested in going through those types of experiences on my way to any success I may have.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 102
view profile
History
cranky miserable ppl
Posted: 5/16/2018 7:41:08 PM
I'm divorced once. I got married young and we grew up together and then apart. I have two grown daughters and one grandchild. I don't consider that a failure.

If you really are 61, I'm glad you have a plan to be successful.

But other than attempt to avoid failure, I can't see what you're doing or being successful with. There are worse things than trying and failing.
 CBGB77
Msg: 103
view profile
History
cranky miserable ppl
Posted: 5/25/2018 1:08:39 PM
Yesterday was our One Month Anniverary( I know this is no such thing but "mensiversary" sounds weird). She told me she love's me more everyday,so I sent her this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuqHlv1YPe0
 NewYorker58
Msg: 104
view profile
History
cranky miserable ppl
Posted: 5/25/2018 2:08:22 PM
Happy 1 month to you! I love that song!
 cooldog65
Msg: 105
view profile
History
When is it ok to say I love you?
Posted: 5/25/2018 6:47:08 PM
Wouldn't want this outcome to happen...

Right On The Tip Of My Tongue - Brenda & The Tabulations (1971)

https://youtu.be/UhSXAaW5tYU
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2018 4:07:05 AM
ADULTS.....talk to her in a way you won't scare her but it's been my experience it's different with everyone....if you dating someone for a while I see no reason you can't say the L word unless both know where your at like just physical etc.
 CBGB77
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2018 9:02:20 AM
My girlfriend and I are going to go out together at a restaurant with our kids on Saturday. She has a 26 year old daughter who is engaged to a 27 year old guy that she first met online while playing MMORPG games.Their dream is to live and work in Japan. They said they would both like to meet my son because he is the same age(27) and and also loves gaming.Also he participates in organized competitive gaming and was born in Japan.He speaks fluent Japanese and he just got back from visiting his mom and grandparents in Japan so that is another reason they are very interested in meeting him.
 MissKat18
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/30/2018 11:26:09 AM
I had someone tell me the loved me by text before we ever met. That was kinda crazy and freaked me out a bit but turned out in the end he didn't mean it anyway. Just trying to get on my good side, I guess. I think a 4th date is too early to know if you truly love someone but that's just my opinion. I personally would never take it too seriously that early on.
 CBGB77
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2018 8:35:09 AM

Posted By: MissKat18 on 5/30/2018 109 PM
Subject: When is it ok to say I love you?
Message: I had someone tell me the loved me by text before we ever met. That was kinda crazy and freaked me out a bit but turned out in the end he didn't mean it anyway. Just trying to get on my good side, I guess. I think a 4th date is too early to know if you truly love someone but that's just my opinion. I personally would never take it too seriously that early on.

My friend told me that she once got messages from a guy at OK****D that didn't want to meet in person until they had already fallen in love via email.
 from site to sight
Msg: 110
Posted: 6/14/2018 9:10:14 AM
^^"...didn't want to meet in person until they had already fallen in love via email."

This reminds me of the TV show Catfish, where two people are messaging each other for an eternity-months, and in some cases years-without ever meeting in person. One person has fallen in love over the messages-and often tells the other person "I love you"- and when he/she suggest meeting in person, the other person always makes excuses why they can't. When the Catfish crew finally fishes out the one not wanting a face-to-face meeting, it usually it's because they are not who they portrayed to be.

The person who tried to originally arrange a f-2-f meeting/date is then totally heart broken, and often stated things like " He/she has been the love of my life. This is the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, to have kids with and grow old together. How could this happen to me?" I often wondered if the hosts felt like smacking the person on the side of the head and tell the person to stop being such an idiot, and tell them from the first moment, that if someone keeps making excuses why they can't or won't meet in person, move on. But I guess the show wouldn't be as popular if they had people on who used common sense.
 dondea
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2018 3:05:02 PM

If a man told me he loved me after only 4 dates. I would think either he does not know what love is, or he is desperate to find love and is willing to fake it hoping it will become love. I doubt I could ever take him seriously afterwards. I would want to wait for the dust to settle before even questioning myself as to if I was in love.

Moriama, I told my wife I loved her after 4 dates and I really was. We have been together for 26 years and married almost 25. What may not work for some, may works for others. Love is a very strange emotion. There may be similarities in love, but to me, love and being in love is unique to everyone. Also, my wife was skeptical, too. -) .
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2018 8:01:23 PM
I am one to think that we should take time before deciding that we know what we think we know, like loving someone. So would be skeptical if a woman said this very early. However, there's no telling how well two people can get to know each other within four dates. There's no telling what those four dates were like for any given two people. So it's possible.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 113
Posted: 6/16/2018 10:28:58 PM

I often wondered if the hosts felt like smacking the person on the side of the head and tell the person to stop being such an idiot, and tell them from the first moment, that if someone keeps making excuses why they can't or won't meet in person, move on. But I guess the show wouldn't be as popular if they had people on who used common sense.

The host of the show had it done to him, that’s why he originally made the show, with his friend as cameraman.
He wanted to try and understand the motives behind lying to someone about....well everything.
 CBGB77
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 5:48:54 AM
"MTV announced Thursday that it has halted production on Catfish, the MTV series co-hosted by Nev Schulman and Max Joseph, due to sexual misconduct allegations against Schulman by Ayissha Morgan, a woman who appeared on the series in 2015"

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/nev-schulman-denies-sexual-misconduct-on-catfish-set/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/catfish-host-nev-schulman-already-has-a-history-of-assault
 moraima
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 7:29:38 AM
(I told my wife I loved her after 4 dates and I really was.)

9 times out of 10 it does not work that way.

I too knew I loved someone quickly whom I would still be married to if he had not died.
I did not rush to say I love you but waited till I knew he was what I thought he was.

However, when someone quickly tells me he loves me, I think desperate to be in love with being in love.

The people who fall in love with just about everyone they date scare me badly.
 dondea
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 3:37:04 PM

The people who fall in love with just about everyone they date scare me badly.

In today's age, I would have to agree with you.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 8:32:50 PM
I love you is something that people say whenever they are on the phone these days a lot as they hang up. That a guy would say that to you when a stranger, is meaningless. Of course he didnt mean it. Love takes time and often it is only lust that one feels and being "in love", which is not real everyday love and often just a projection...
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 118
Posted: 6/18/2018 11:21:29 AM
I [hic] really [hic] love you [hic] guys.....

Some people just have really massive hearts capable of loving lots of things/people simultaneously and quickly :)
 CBGB77
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2018 12:15:20 PM

Posted By: RoxyMoronic on 6/18/2018 129 PM

Some people just have really massive hearts capable of loving lots of things/people simultaneously and quickly :)

All you need is love

https://vimeo.com/241181230
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2018 2:50:00 PM
How did the restaurant go?
I'd love to visit Japan but it's very expensive so have to wait.
 CBGB77
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2018 6:45:36 AM

Posted By: SiennaBear2 on 6/18/2018 400 PM
I'd love to visit Japan but it's very expensive so have to wait.

Thanks for asking SiennaBear2! We had a great time. My girlfriend and daughter are vegan and her daughter's fiance is vegetarian so we all had vegan pizza. All the kids got along really well and had lots to talk about (video gaming,Japan,etc) which was a relief. Now we both got our kids approval so we are an official couple. Even changed our Facebook status to "in a relationship" lol.

You should visit Japan someday SiennaBear2,you would love it! Although don't go now,they just had an earthquake. My son took me out for dinner on Father's Day and his mom called to tell him him about it while it was happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeol-nd0WMI
 julystorm22
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2018 8:37:40 AM
What if someone says they love you while they are talking to you on the phone while drunk? Should you just ignore it and pretend it never happened?
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2018 8:46:14 AM
CBGB77, Wow a vegan pizza?!? what was on that? do you eat pineapple on pizzas there?
My boyfriend really wants to go to Japan and so do I but because it costs thousands we have to wait. So we will probably go on cruises instead until we can afford it. We are considering a south pacific cruise with Royal Caribbean for the end of this year.

I thought fathers day was in September?
 MsMicki
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2018 11:24:59 AM

What if someone says they love you while they are talking to you on the phone while drunk? Should you just ignore it and pretend it never happened?

is it someone you've been dating....
or someone you have only been talking to??
 CBGB77
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2018 11:37:37 AM

Posted By: SiennaBear2 on 6/19/2018 1014 AM
Message: CBGB77, Wow a vegan pizza?!? what was on that? do you eat pineapple on pizzas there?
My boyfriend really wants to go to Japan and so do I but because it costs thousands we have to wait. So we will probably go on cruises instead until we can afford it. We are considering a south pacific cruise with Royal Caribbean for the end of this year.

I thought fathers day was in September?

Thanks SiennaBear2! Yeah one of the vegan pizzas we had did have pineapple on it and also mock duck, banana peppers, red onion, cheddar and vegan cheese and BBQ sauce. That pizza is call The Rustler.Below is the menu for you to see

https://pizzaluce.com/menu/

Yeah,you and your boyfriend should visit Japan when you are able.It is so cool,there is no place like it.My ex wife always invites me to come,says I can stay with her parents. I think that would be kinda weird now.

A cruise to the south pacific sounds wonderful!I've always wanted to visit there.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When is it ok to say I love you?