Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When is it ok to say I love you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 reverendswine
Msg: 126
When is it ok to say I love you?Page 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Uhhhh....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pWO9F4eyzY
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 127
When is it ok to say I love you?
Posted: 6/19/2018 10:27:26 PM
Uh oh....a soundclash!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tM1rSTOs7Zs
 CBGB77
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2018 7:12:34 AM

Posted By: RoxyMoronic on 6/20/2018 1226 AM
Subject: When is it ok to say I love you?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tM1rSTOs7Zs

I saw The Jam at CBGB Theater 3/27/78

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FZR2XbUyArU/TpRrY3L-C2I/AAAAAAAAQHI/G5AW8M4A-Hc/s1600/32778cbtheater.jpg
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 129
Posted: 6/20/2018 8:56:13 AM
All Mod Cons and Setting Sons are 2 of my favourite albums.
 CBGB77
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2018 9:07:22 AM

Posted By: RoxyMoronic on 6/20/2018 1013 AM
Message: All Mod Cons and Setting Sons are 2 of my favourite albums.

This is the Modern World!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75G-pEPZGgI
 Coma_White
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2018 9:01:21 PM
I'm not even sure. My ex said "I love you" for the first time after a few years of dating and then disappeared mysteriously a week later.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 4:37:33 AM
^^^^have the authorities checked your basement? Do you have one of those deep freezers? ☺

That's a very odd story, between waiting that long to express herself and disappearing. You didn't have any big relationship problems that caused her ongoing unhappiness, like maybe failure to commit after so many years?
 reverendswine
Msg: 133
Posted: 6/21/2018 6:32:30 AM
Yes, when something goes wrong in a relationship, it HAS to be the man's fault. Way to keep stinking up the joint with bullshit.

I'm not even sure. My ex said "I love you" for the first time after a few years of dating and then disappeared mysteriously a week later.

That's fücked up. Perhaps that "I love you" was actually her saying goodbye.

I had my girlfriend of 6 years vanish mysteriously, too, in 2004 and I do mean vanish. I had no way of contacting her and her family wouldn't talk. Two years later, she contacted me via email out of nowhere. She said she was in Hawaii and disappeared because I didn't want to get married (even though she never once expressed disagreeing with my feelings about marriage), but she explained it no longer mattered to her and hinted at getting back together.

I never responded.
 julystorm22
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 8:01:58 AM
Sometimes if it takes a person a long time to say "I love you" its because they never really felt it and when they finally say it outloud they realize they really don't.

The first time I said "I love you" to my ex was when he did about a year or so in but it was really just a reflex. My family aways told each other "I love you" back. And then from that point, any time he said "I love you" I got an empty sinking feeling in my chest but I'd say "I love you" back but I never felt it. He knew too because sometimes he'd accuse me of not meaning it and then I'd say something to the effect like "Well, if you were nicer to me, maybe I would feel it..." and it would become a huge blowout fight. So I learned how to be better at lying about it to avoid the fighting. Sometimes though I still wouldn't say it back and then he'd get mean about it. I think sometimes he almost did it because he knew I didn't like saying it and it was almost a control thing like if he could get me to say it then it meant he was winning or something. All this is maybe why I might want to fall in love so much. I want to be able to say it honestly to someone one day.
 Coma_White
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 11:21:31 AM

That's a very odd story, between waiting that long to express herself and disappearing. You didn't have any big relationship problems that caused her ongoing unhappiness, like maybe failure to commit after so many years?

I meant disappeared in the figurative sense lol. We didn't have a fight or anything. I made a commitment to her and she told me she wasn't looking for marriage right now as she has been married twice and just wanted to be boyfriend and girlfriend. We didn't live together yet and she was a single mother. I'm not sure what she wanted because she told my friends she was happy that I didn't involve myself in every aspect of her life and she never brought anything up to me. I tried asking what the issue was and I never got an answer, she just brushed me off. I made an effort to spend more time doing things with her family in the months before she left and I even played cello at her oldest daughter's wedding so I thought things were looking up. I guess I was wrong.
 julystorm22
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 12:37:08 PM
Those are the relationships that are the toughest. When the person who ends things doesn't give you anything to go on. Makes it difficult to move on because there's zero closure.
 Coma_White
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 1:01:38 PM
You're absolutely right. Zero closure would be an understatement. There are more questions than answers. When you make a commitment to someone, you expect them to at least communicate with you if there's a problem that warrants a break up.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 8:32:11 PM

The people who fall in love with just about everyone they date scare me badly.

In today's age, I would have to agree with you.

Folks need to loosen up.....everyone's still beatin' up on this poor guy lol.

If nobody's signing away their assets....who doesn't wanna feel like this again???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcMh6GZoFC8

And guyz, when ya get the smile like at 2:25....then you know you're hittin' the tuning fork just right.
 CBGB77
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 9:21:05 PM

Posted: 6/21/2018 1120 PM
Posted By: SS4544Spd on 6/21/2018 1011 PM
The people who fall in love with just about everyone they date scare me badly.

In today's age, I would have to agree with you.

Folks need to loosen up.....everyone's still beatin' up on this poor guy lol.

If nobody's signing away their assets....who doesn't wanna feel like this again???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcMh6GZoFC8

And guyz, when ya get the smile like at 2:25....then you know you're hittin' the tuning fork just right.

Lol,I met Jennifer Connelly once in 1988 when she was going to Yale University.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 140
Posted: 6/22/2018 7:13:10 AM
^The misogynists & the old bags who love them must be fuming bec. ur happy CGBG.
 moraima
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 7:47:34 AM
(^The misogynists & the old bags who love them must be fuming bec. ur happy CGBG.)

No, we are just waiting for reality to surface.

Sad that people can not be happy unless they are part of a couple.
Fear of being alone makes many love being in love more than reality.

ps.......Everyone will be old one day. Insulting older people who do not agree with your way of thinking says a lot about you. Are you going to be able to handle being old and all that goes with it?
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 142
Posted: 6/22/2018 8:21:49 AM
^

ur response is quite illuminating!
I'm old, but not a "bag"

an old bag is a sour, dour person who tries to pee on other people's rainbows. TRIES.

so ur waiting (gleefully) 4 CBGB to come in & say "we broke up" etc?

How dare u assume CBGB is w/ this woman out of fear, perhaps u r projecting ur own pov onto him.

Of course, the Wayward sisters will come in & chime their off-key lamentations ;0P
 whiterose0
Msg: 143
Posted: 6/22/2018 8:53:04 AM

Are you going to be able to handle being old and all that goes with it?

Personally, I enjoy being old, regardless of whether or not I have a man in my life. I think anyone would be lucky to have lived as long as I have, and still be in great health.

Also, I'd rather grow old gracefully than be dependent on bad photo editing apps that turn one's teeth pink.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 144
Posted: 6/22/2018 9:15:01 AM
^^^

LOL, U TOOK THE BAIT

I know who your puppeteer is, Miss Sock.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread. BLA BLA BLA
 whiterose0
Msg: 145
Posted: 6/22/2018 10:54:06 AM
^^^^ You posted a new profile picture with a caption about an app, so obviously you wanted people to look at your profile. No sock. I've been here since 2009, so I'm quite familiar with your name-calling, as well as your attention-seeking posts and pictures.

vvvvv Who said it was directed at me? The statement you made in reference to certain women in the forums being "old bags" was what I was responding to. And you said you were going to ignore me once before, so why not follow your own advice?
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 146
Posted: 6/22/2018 11:09:43 AM
^^my comment under the current pic:

"FACEBOOK HAS A MAKEUP APP THAT IS WAY BETTER THAN A 5TH GRADER'S COLLAGE A NOD TO A CLEVER COMMENT MADE BY AN ASTUTE PERSON CALLING OUT ANOTHER PERSON'S BAD, SLOPPY PHOTOSHOP SKILLS"

Said comment is not directed to you. It's not all about you. Anyone can have had multiple profiles since 2009.

I find you annoying at best, you are not even interesting enough to be exasperating.

I am putting u on my "ignore" list.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 11:24:45 AM

You posted a new profile picture with a caption about an app, so obviously you wanted people to look at your profile.

I didn't see the caption about the FB app in the thumbnail until I clicked on the profile and saw it by happenstance, and amusing and enlightening it is.

[ ...] your attention-seeking posts and pictures.

Her photos are fine and so is her pretty appearance in them -- nothing really attention-seeking about posting great photos. Her posts are among scads of posts from other posters with very serious opinions., but you may take issue with the content and respond to the content with thoughtful discourse, but nooooooooooo.
 whiterose0
Msg: 148
Posted: 6/22/2018 11:30:10 AM
^^^^ BA could also get her points across with thoughtful discourse, but noooooo; she'd rather call people who disagree with her names like "old bags" and "misogynists".

Coma_White
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 11:45:06 AM

BA could also get her points across with thoughtful discourse, but noooooo; she'd rather call people who disagree with her names like "old bags" and "misogynists".

Every forum has people that do nothing but name calling. It's nothing new. I see people on Facebook that call everyone a Nazi or a snowflake. It gets old because they really have nothing to say.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 150
Posted: 6/22/2018 11:45:24 AM
Flowers, there is a group of enablist women in here I refer to as "The Wayward Sisters" I have decided to ignore them.

I bet you know why I reference them that way ;0)

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
BLA BLA BLA
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When is it ok to say I love you?