Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When is it ok to say I love you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CBGB77
Msg: 176
view profile
History
When is it ok to say I love you?Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

Posted By: Clytemnestra on 6/23/2018 345 PM
Subject: When is it ok to say I love you?
,my girlfriend lives in small town Minnesota too! Maybe you are neighbors?

That could be CBGB77. ;-)
Minnesota is everywhere like one small town.
Gotta love it!

Yes,even where I live in Minneapolis it feels like a small town.
 backcreek7
Msg: 177
view profile
History
When is it ok to say I love you?
Posted: 6/24/2018 8:07:50 PM
Yeah yeah, ... Come to think about it ~
They sort of remind me of each other, and so does Robert Palmer. I really miss him, man he was awesome and a half !!!!!!!!
I'll check out Peggys version thank you ... I love that song !

Thank you again, sir ...
Anyone who enjoys music as much as yourself, has got to be ~ the beagles meow, col ....

heart / sun
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2018 8:47:20 PM
I am confused. Your profile header says you are looking for someone and then you say not looking for any kind of relationship...
I doubt there are many of your vintage on here, anyway.... I may be wrong..
 CBGB77
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2018 9:44:14 PM

Posted By: letitialegrande on 6/24/2018 1020 PM
Subject: When is it ok to say I love you?
Message: I am confused. Your profile header says you are looking for someone and then you say not looking for any kind of relationship...
I doubt there are many of your vintage on here, anyway.... I may be wrong..

Thanks letitialegrande,I changed my header now.
 lulz567
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2018 3:04:16 PM
It takes me around couple of years to decide. The attraction has died by then and I’m being more objective .
I then go through a checklist and score him on important points over that time his been lucky enough to have my company.
Is he polite to everyone. Did he allow enough time for me to see his flaws before we got intimate after a year of me deciding during courting.
What was his reaction to “I’m not ready to sleep with you” was he moody or understanding of my boundaries .
Did he make me happy or become a burden on my life. Did he cheat or lie or manipulate me as that became habitual and is part of his character. Did he respect me and make me feel special . Is he good a communication and able to commit . Those are when I usually think his got to go if the score isn’t at least an eight in most areas. I don’t mind a little work for improvements but I’m not interested in a down and out looser.
If they are flaky or really bad right off early on I exit before then. I’m a great believer in plenty of opportunities around and meeting as many potentials as possible before finding the one. I don’t invest unless I think it’s going to work out long term. I kinda know or get a feel if something is going to not work and if so I’m not going to solve fix or put up with bad behaviour . I value my self very highly and so far that has been a huge plus in the dating arena .
 CBGB77
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2019 11:18:20 AM
Today is our "11 month anniversary". My girlfriend told me "I love you more every day and you are my everything baby. I hope this love lasts for ever which really isn't all that long considering we are both 65,lol.
 backcreek7
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2019 11:54:39 AM

I hope this love lasts forever

... Seems to me CB, that the VERY best times in your life, are lying ahead. So maybe you both > should measure your lives in minutes from now on. Maybe every few minutes or so ( which your probably doing anyway) ~ start thinking of how much you love each other. Of how great your relationship is & how thankful you both are, for it !

... Or at the very least, acknowledge that both of you constantly ( almost every minute ) are thinking of each other !!! In my most humble opinion, this should stretch your remaining years, from now on & forever into eternity ! ( > that's a LONG time, btw )

... & ps ? Please get back to me , after discussing this " minute " plan with your significant other ( col )
... heart / eternity / sun ...
Posted: 3/24/2019 5:48:31 PM

Today is our "11 month anniversary".

Congratulations! I don't know why but that song, I Think I Love You, by the Partridge Family, keeps going thru my mind after reading this thread.
 julystorm22
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2019 9:23:43 AM
I think thats awesome. It is proof you can find love at a later age if you are open to it.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2019 1:33:28 PM

My girlfriend told me "I love you more every day and you are my everything baby.

I'd reply with: "Wait. So yesterday you weren't into me as much as you are today? Holy hell, what about a month ago? Are you saying you're just getting into me? I thought we always had something here..." :)
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2019 1:45:48 PM
msg#185:
My girlfriend told me "I love you more every day and you are my everything baby.

I'd reply with: "Wait. So yesterday you weren't into me as much as you are today? Holy hell, what about a month ago? Are you saying you're just getting into me? I thought we always had something here..." :)

Beyond infatuation, people 'grow' to love each other more over time.
(Smile)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2019 2:00:54 PM

Beyond infatuation, people 'grow' to love each other more over time.

Yes, I know that -- and that's what I'm questioning. If this was Much earlier where they just fell in love just weeks ago, I could understand I'm loving you more each day. OK.

But 11 months into it, she's saying she loves him more each day. Okay, so yesterday you loved me less. Even Less the day before yesterday. A week ago? 7 increments Less. A month ago? 30 increments Less? I'd be asking her to put down the bottle! :)

Replace it with "like" (in-that-way). After 11 months, "I like you more each day." Okay -- so you're saying I still got stuff to work on? You liked me less yesterday, and even less the day before... so like 3 months ago you would have jumped on the pool guy, but maybe 2 months from now you won't because it'd be built up? Huh? :)

You can't have "more" without the "less".
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2019 2:19:27 PM
^^^So 12 months or so ago, they did not even know each other.

I did not love you then!
hahaha

Semantics.
Romance analysis never adds up in a logical way~
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2019 3:07:17 PM

^^^So 12 months or so ago, they did not even know each other.

Yes, true -- that's why I say if it's Really New, then it applies. Say they actual Love-Love set in, 3 months in. Not "really like you" -- that was more 1 month in where that'd apply. OK. So say they're been unquestionably in love for 8 months then. So if it actually does increase Every Day -- then 10 years from now, that's going to be a Hell of a lot more "love" than now, right? Wouldn't one look back and say "Yeah, was I even REALLY in love with you 11 months in? I mean, how I feel about you now compared to then -- shoot, you were only a few steps up over the pool boy." lol

But yes, it doesn't add up. But I think sayings like that which people cherish, especially hearing it from elders and the like when we're growing up, only adds to things not adding up in the dating world.
 CBGB77
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2019 3:56:59 PM
Well it's like the song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuqHlv1YPe0
 MsMicki
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2019 4:36:09 PM

Yes, I know that -- and that's what I'm questioning. If this was Much earlier where they just fell in love just weeks ago, I could understand I'm loving you more each day. OK.

But 11 months into it, she's saying she loves him more each day. Okay, so yesterday you loved me less. Even Less the day before yesterday. A week ago? 7 increments Less. A month ago? 30 increments Less? I'd be asking her to put down the bottle! :)

do you just like to argue or what???

yes....people fall more and more in love the longer they are together....
it is a natural occurrence....as you continue to get to know each, start to depend on each other, strengthen the
connection as you bond more and more....
Not sure what is so hard to understand here that you feel the need to (0nce again) argue such a minute point in a conversation.....
 spectravision
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2019 5:51:48 PM

When you can get away with farting in bed and wafting it with the duvet ;)
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2019 12:42:46 AM
^^^Does someone keep booting you off Spectra?

I was talking with a friend yesterday and she told me she’d never had a poo in front of her fella who she’d been with for 15yrs! She’d never farted in front of him either.
I was a bit surprised cos sometimes the bathroom just has to be shared. 15yrs.

ETA....As you can see I have my finger on the pulse when it comes to discussions :)

spectravision
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2019 5:35:02 AM
^^No Roxy. I made a new account last Wednesday.
 backcreek7
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2019 6:58:45 AM

my finger is on the pulse, of in-depth discussions :)

*** the below post is NOT ment for children ( it is X rated ) > please have them leave the room, if they happen to be peeping over your shoulder now ***

^^^ Yes Yes , it certainly is Rox ~ my question is > WHERE exactly has that finger been lately? I think the nose knows, the butt surely needs a scratch, the breasts itch like the****ns and the ears are begging for a de - waxing. The back could use a few skin levels itched off , and there's a big hunk of taco ~ lodged in " somebodies " teeth !

...... PS ? I AM NOT GONNA MENTION ANY PARTICULAR PRIVATE BODY PART ( cuz I'm a gentleman, col ) Butt, if I was a lady - it would be hard, if not impossible > to keep my fingers away from the, shall we say " sweet spot " ?? In fact - if I was a woman, you'd have to get a fork lift, back hoe, steam roller, Mack Truck, cement mixer or a team of wild horses > to get " said fingers " off my you know what. Whelp ! gonna stop here cuz I don't want to get too specific, please e-mail me if you NEED to continue this discussion further, lol ! ...

... lmnelto < (laugh my non- existent lil' tail off ) ...

... heart / women love their bodies / sun ...
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2019 4:11:09 PM
^^^Lol
You’d get bored of the kitkat shuffle on your own after a while :)
Posted: 3/29/2019 6:26:33 PM
When you're looking in the mirror.
 FFS38
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2019 12:47:46 PM
If I wasn't sure what her response would be I'd say it to her on a countryside walk, so if she looked at you like WTF?!! you could say no I meant I love ewe...pointing to the sheep in the background.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2019 1:23:09 PM

do you just like to argue or what???

I wasn't in an argument with her about it. Difference between looking at things differently and exchanging than actually Arguing (like here?). I brought up the silliness of the subject -- so yes, I do stuff like that.

it is a natural occurrence....as you continue to get to know each, start to depend on each other, strengthen the
connection as you bond more and more....

I agree, and as I pointed that out, up until a certain point where it does apply. But 3 years in a relationship, if I'm like "Wow, I learn something New about my GF every day!" -- it should make my friends' eyebrows raise. It's when you're past the point of starting to depend on each other, and to strengthen the relationship is what I'm referring to. If you're 5 years in a relationship, and you're like "Oh, in another 5 years, we're going to have 2 times the strength of a connection," that to me isn't some minute issue. It means, even after 5 years, there's a lot to work on.

I think Attachment grows, over time chunks of time -- past the point where the plateau of feelings for one another (true love) has fully established itself. But I will say that even that will plateau after a good long period of time (ymmv).

By the you love each other an increment More, every day -- as long as that goes, no, you're by definition not Fully in love (yet?).
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2019 1:50:04 PM
msg 199:
I think Attachment grows, over time chunks of time -- past the point where the plateau of feelings for one another (true love) has fully established itself. But I will say that even that will plateau after a good long period of time (ymmv)

In long term relationships, like long term marriages, feelings wax and wane.
One week (day month year, etc) your partner can seem like the most annoying person on the planet and the next week (day month year, etc) you can be overcome by such a feeling of love that you wonder why you ever doubted your devotion to one another. YMMV
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When is it ok to say I love you?