Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Story behind your User Name      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Story behind your User NamePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I want to stand with my bare feet on the ground
and smell the dirt
I want to dance by the fireside
and sing my song to the fire
I want to drink the sun with my face
and feel the carbonated air of spring
I want to fly
in the magic of twilight
I want to love
and be in touch with eternity
and be one with the universe

- me

Being without her
my wife’s love
is like this candleflame
above which I can feel
the heat in my hand
I grab another beer
and make love to another cigarette
and know
that she knows
wherever she is

- me
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Story behind your User Name
Posted: 6/16/2018 1:26:49 PM

, we kissed and then I watched him receive a blowjob from another man - all in the first 20 minutes of meeting

Awww why couldn't my first dates of been that awesome lol.
 siisaa
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/16/2018 4:33:41 PM
^ it was definitely not a first date. Anyway, this guy turned out to be a tool. Surprise!??! I hung out with him about a year ago and I saw some serious character flaws such as being rude and disrespectful. I should have stayed away.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2018 10:01:25 PM
Many, many moons ago, I was in intelligence in the Canadian Navy, where I learned to speak Russian. I have an honours degree in Soviet & East European Studies. I took my name from Admiral Gorshkov, architect of the Soviet Navy - I was a great fan of his strategic writings. My favorite quote from the Admiral? "The most difficult thing about planning against the Americans, is that they do not read their own doctrine, and they would feel no particular obligation to follow it if they did." I figure that says it all :)

A few years ago, I got into a bit of a pissing match with a poster in one of the forums. I know personal attacks are verboten, and I'm not stupid ..... so instead of telling one poster what I thought of his last post, I kinda/sorta implied that he had the IQ of a lobotomized kumquat. Well, turns out that said kumquat just happened to be one of the forum moderators. I got banned. For 5 freaking years.

Two days later I became NotGorshkovAgain.
 maltata
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/17/2018 6:04:43 AM
I wanted a name that would last through the ages.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/17/2018 6:13:03 AM
"I took my name from Admiral Gorshkov, architect of the Soviet Navy - I was a great fan of his strategic writings. My favorite quote from the Admiral? "The most difficult thing about planning against the Americans, is that they do not read their own doctrine, and they would feel no particular obligation to follow it if they did." I figure that says it all :)"

>>>approppo of really nothing (here I go again), I was at an event last night where a young man had an old vehicle used by the railroads to travel on roads and run on the rails to repair sections. I told him an old joke, that America was going to hide its nuclear missiles and their launchers by disguising them as Amtrack railway cars...and then handing the Russians the official Amtrack schedule. He got the joke. But perhaps Gorshkov thought of his quote from I think a Churchill quote, that Americans will do the right thing, after they've tried everything else?

We can be a rule of law country, compared to some that live by the bribe, but on the other hand, we can also live up to what Gorshkov said. Of course, I think a lot of countries do as well...when it suits them :) Funny how we can understand global politics by watching very young children play together.
 2ufo
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 7:23:59 AM
My name is in defiance of being called... too ugly, fat, old.
Originally it hurt, so I took it apart and inspected every bit of it.
These days I pity the person that said it.
And, now I own it.

Although I have seen unidentified fly objects as a few people have commented.
Posted: 6/17/2018 9:15:11 AM

My favorite quote from the Admiral? "The most difficult thing about planning against the Americans, is that they do not read their own doctrine, and they would feel no particular obligation to follow it if they did."

Sounds like good strategy for americans, which is apparently confirmed by the admiral.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 9:13:45 PM
@machImustangII:

oh ffs, REALLY?

But perhaps Gorshkov thought of his quote from I think a Churchill quote, that Americans will do the right thing, after they've tried everything else?

If you had actually read what I had written, maybe you would have noticed that I've actually read the Admiral's writings, and that I have a degree in Soviet & East European Studies, so maybe I was thinking of a quote from the Admiral ..... as I said. And whatever the quote was, you obviously didn't read or understand it, either. It was a comment about rigid Soviet Naval doctrine (which Gorshkov had a great hand in formulating) vs the American approach which gave their commanders much more freedom of action depending on the situation. It made them harder to predict and therefore harder to fight. It had absolutely zero to do with the right OR wrong thing.

We can be a rule of law country, compared to some that live by the bribe, but on the other hand, we can also live up to what Gorshkov said. Of course, I think a lot of countries do as well...when it suits them :) Funny how we can understand global politics by watching very young children play together.

I just made a comment yesterday in another thread about how the forums are mostly deserted now because the people left here seem to be utterly incapable of having a discussion about ANY topic without politics rearing its ugly head
 maximelion
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/17/2018 9:15:19 PM
That sounds alike an awesome time
 NewYorker58
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2018 1:06:31 AM
Being from NY is a big part of my personality, and it's a conversation piece, so to speak. I get men saying they're from NY or visited, then ask where exactly in NY I'm from. It helps them break the ice.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/19/2018 8:38:57 AM
The Admiral may have been talking about how the Pentagon operates (but if you ever read D1ck Marcinko, creater of Seal Team 6, you'll quickly know he thinks the military bureaucracy is as rigid as any other, and suffers as a result, esp. in our modern times of guerilla, read terrorism, wars), but I know plenty of people outside of America (that includes Russia, of course) believe our foreign policy is just what the Admiral described--there's rules for us, and rules for everyone who is not us. We'll support Israel's actions but blast other countries for the same behavior, as just one example. We don't follow our own foreign policy doctrines, and now we have a president who tears up signed treaties.

Soviet military doctrine is rigid for one simple reason--they know in 1917 the prior government was overthrown, and they won't allow their military to turn on them. Just like the Saudis and most other dictatorships--they won't let individual commanders make individual decisions on the battlefield, and won't let them develop loyal cadres that could rise up during the distraction of battle. That's why Russia kept Alpha Group at home rather than abroad. The cannonfodder went to Afghanistan, the elites stayed home to protect the Kremlin, until Afghanistan did to Russia what it does to everyone, and then Spetznatz had to go.

as for political discussion, politics has invaded the social sphere. Moreso than in the past, social justice warriors are on both sides, telling you who you can sell a cake to or who can use your bathroom. I'm not sure you can go to a church and not hear about children being separated at the border, or theological questions about the morality of a leader. The Chinese curse has come true--we live in interesting times.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/19/2018 9:19:44 AM
I should have also said, its amusing anyone who studied any branch of the Soviet military is surprised to see politics come up--shoot, all you have to do is read Tom Clancey's best known book Red Ocktober, to know the Soviet seeded its military with KGB and GRU "political officers", and any officer in the military not touting the political line could kiss advancement goodbye :) Its why the Iraqi Army under Saddam was labeled "Stalin-esque". You towed the Ba'ath line as well as any Soviet the Communist propaganda. But it wasn't just the Cult of Personality, it was that the Iraqi commanders on the field had to check with Baghdad to blow their nose, much less a bridge. Such rigidity didn't do well against the Iranians nor our mobile armor....tho of course their lack of morale and equipment technology levels also was a factor.

but hey, Condi Rice was supposed to be a Soviet expert, and she couldn't pick out the Stalin qualities present in Iraq, either :) I was only trying to expand the viewpoint of the quote, not insult your hero that someone else had a similar thought about a broader subject, sorry.
 warmlightning
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2018 12:53:39 PM
Ha, ha,
I spent my developmentive years, (back in the 60’s/70’s) in NYC on Lower East Side of Manhattan.
T’was a hell-hole of****oach ridden walk-up tenements.
An openly exposed bathtub was shared with the utility kitchen (bath tub and toilet are smack damn in the middle of the kitchen). That’s the way it was.
As a teenager, I jumped from roof top to roof top. You could do that back then. You could literally jump (crazy. I know) from roof-to- roof in the Lower East Side.

As a teen, I felt invincible. And felt like WARM LIGHTNING
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Story behind your User Name