Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why so many physically unattractive men on here??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 basilisk123
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Why so many physically unattractive men on here??Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
"A) they are always aiming too high (not willing to look in the calibre-category they can get women from)
B) they are aiming at the wrong women (they keep going for women with qualities that do not match up with them or women that have a certain bad quality that makes the relationships always end)
C) they have bad qualities and will not make the necessary changes (they come across as women-hating, they are committment-phobic, they are lazy, they are racist, they are addicted to video-gaming, etc.)
D) they are only after sex (some men circle women on pof for sex like vultures for years, never ever wanting a relationship)
E) they suck at talking to women (they lack social skills) "-julystorm7

I have been here for 7 years, and I never got a date from this website.
Why am I still here?
Sense of community and I like browsing through people's photos.
I tend to be more successful in real life getting women interested in me, but when romance pops up, my anxiety flares.
So, I don't really fit in any of these categories.
 julystorm7
Msg: 77
Why so many physically unattractive men on here??
Posted: 5/10/2018 5:24:15 PM
But you might fit one of these categories. Maybe you do aim too high on POF. That's not necessarily a bad thing because everyone needs standards but if you really wanted a date you could get one. Just saying. I have experimented a bit with this myself. I have messaged guys back that I think are above the calibre I think I can get but those guys always are only intent on casual sex or sexting or dirtytalk.
 reverendswine
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/10/2018 5:37:55 PM
Yes, this chick HAS to be a troll, because we all know there are no genuinely f*cked up people on POF.

Pig you are such an antagonist :)

Nah, I am a proud presenter of truth. No matter how ugly it may be.
 Teadrip
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2018 10:23:01 PM
why does one have to be a troll for stating the obvious...it should be a wake up call to some, to get out there and make an effort in presenting themselves in the best light.
99.9% of the uglies, can be made attractive....get a haircut and if need be a good haircolour, get off your a** and whip that body into shape....yes, you can buy your clothes at walmart, and be current...no plastic surgery necessary...you can dress up a mop to look attractive, that's what stylists are there for...invest some effort into your look, and you too will be attractive.
 basilisk123
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 12:22:00 AM
She is a troll for posting such a topic, giving no explanation, then running away. The same could be said for women. "Ugly women can do this, ugly women can do that, ugly women are lazy". It is the same argument. It leads nowhere constructive. That is why I label OP as a troll.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/11/2018 7:56:07 AM

I think 80% of guys on POF are long-timers because of 5 main reasons:

A) they are always aiming too high (not willing to look in the calibre-category they can get women from)
B) they are aiming at the wrong women (they keep going for women with qualities that do not match up with them or women that have a certain bad quality that makes the relationships always end)
C) they have bad qualities and will not make the necessary changes (they come across as women-hating, they are committment-phobic, they are lazy, they are racist, they are addicted to video-gaming, etc.)
D) they are only after sex (some men circle women on pof for sex like vultures for years, never ever wanting a relationship)
E) they suck at talking to women (they lack social skills)

I think it’s because most women on this site are just interested in sexting or hooking up with the top 2% of attractive men.
 backcreek7
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 8:06:27 AM
... " what BEAUTIFUL children, you could have had with me "
( ^^^ was on her " about me " - but later erased , fancy that - col )

poof !! here today, gone tomorrow ~ lol

troll or no troll ~ Robert / Roberta has provided a tinge of amusement here, and amusement is worth its tinges in gold ...

so, respectfully ~ a song in her / his honor ...

" She's got the LOOK " by Roxette
* lyrics -

." One , two, three, four, walking like a MAN
.. Hitting like a hammer
.. She's a juvenile scam
.. Never was a quitter
.. Tasty like a raindrop
.. She's got the LOOK "

> turn it up ^

heart / sun
 julystorm7
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/11/2018 8:54:25 AM
Um, women are not just interested in having sex with or attracting the top 2% attractive men. Keep telling yourself that but it's wrong. I think I know a little bit more about women than you do.

Most women come on this site to get serious relationships. Many lose faith and resign themselves to flings. When you constantly get sent messages asking for a hookup or when you enter so many conversations online only to realize the guy is just interesting in sexting, you lose faith in men in general and lower your expectations.

Many women will get with nice normal men if they get sent a message that shows they are genuinely interested in them. Do looks matter? Does height matter? Does job and money matter? Of course they do but I'd venture to say that many women would take 60% of men on this site if they presented themselves right, not just the 2% that you implied.

Are there women on here just for sex? Yes, of course there are. But many of these women also would wish for a serious relationship too. Not too many Samanthas in the world. Many women who are only after sex have one of the following 4 issues:

1) fear of getting hurt again, possibly suffering from a breakup, wanting to be with a man but not wanting to risk getting hurt
2) no time for a relationship, maybe a single mom with kids with only occasional times they can have time for a quick tryste
3) women who really want to get pregnant and are looking for someone to make a baby
4) women who think they can hook a man with sex by pretending they are only after sex so they get him into a relationship
 daynadaze
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 9:09:59 AM
It doesn't do any good to fix yourself up to catch someone when you are just going to go back to your real self. That's lying and most people are not hoping to find a liar. Be yourself, you are looking for someone who is interested in you, as you really are.
 feirene
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 9:27:50 AM
I did have sex with the top 2% of attractive men, tbh there's more than 2% of guys online who are hot. Loads of guys go to the gym these days and are over 6ft tall. I seen one guy on here and his pic was of him naked on a treadmill, he was hot af and i didn't report him for that reason but also did not reply to his message coz i'm not looking for hookups on here and never have been. This site was for dating and hookup site were for hooking up, except the guys who couldn't contact me on hookup sites (coz my restrictions were different on them as there's many guys i wouldn't hookup with coz i don't find them attractive enough) would message me on here.

So anyone looking for hotguys to hookup with they are out there. And like any person who is happy being single, can find people to meet with easily for shallow stuff, and is able to maintain their lifestyle without someone elses contributions to it, why wouldn't they be picky af when someone wants more from them?
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/11/2018 9:28:27 AM
July, I was being facetious about women just being here for sex. I’ve sent out hundreds of messages and only got a response from one lady who was only looking for casual dating, not a relationship. I’ve had profile reviews and redone my profile about 10 times. No woman has even viewed my profile in about a month. When I send out messages I say, “It’s nice to meet new people and see we have “this” and “that” interest in common.” Sometimes I even ask them a question about their profile.” One girl said on her profile that she wanted to learn Thai boxing. I’ve taken lessons in the past, so I offered to teach her. I got a nasty response and she blocked me. I think I know a bit more about a man’s experience on here than you. Basically I’ve done everything that women have recommended I do to get a date. I’ve had it with women’s advice, it just doesn’t work. From now on I’m listening to the men who are successful with women. There are many books written by men on that subject.
 Cryptofabulous
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 9:32:57 AM
^^^ The women continually moan about guys with shirt open or shirt off pictures...
But the guys who do those pics while sporting 6-pack abs say IT WORKS...
 Canelas19
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 10:13:31 AM
This is true, at least for me, I try not to judge people's intentions, we want what we want, but is the dishonesty what bothers me in general. Men pretending to be interested in you when their ONLY intention is sex. That's cheap and annoying, and a waste of time too.

Most women come on this site to get serious relationships. Many lose faith and resign themselves to flings. When you constantly get sent messages asking for a hookup or when you enter so many conversations online only to realize the guy is just interesting in sexting, you lose faith in men in general and lower your expectations.

I think the OP is a troll because what she says is delusional, but maybe she is for real, in that case is very perturbing to know there are people like her around.
 feirene
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 10:46:01 AM
I started out only wanting flings after a break up, wasn't on here at the time as all sites are hookup ones so it didn't matter what you were on. Did think this one was for dating so joined here when i wanted a relationship, that boat has gone now as i'm fairly happy with being single after getting used to this and seeing the advantages.

I don't think lowering your expectations is a bad thing if the majority of people have nothing to offer. This doesn't mean you have to compromise and be with someone who doesn't make you happy or doesn't make you feel fulfilled, it just means you should expect that most people have nothing to offer that you are interested in. Still talk to guys anyway, see who you click with, see who you don't, learn who talks sh1t and who doesn't. And don't even think about getting into a relationship until you get your faith back because you're gonna end up with someone abusive or who will treat you like crap probably.
 siisaa
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 10:53:15 AM

Most women come on this site to get serious relationships. Many lose faith and resign themselves to flings.

Yeah, this seems to be the case. A lot of women, especially ones with self-esteem issues, will settle for Mr. Right Now if they can't get Mr. Right. It's like, "better 10 minutes of friction than no male attention AT ALL", which is pretty sad. However, if they resign themselves to just ****, they'll be treated accordingly.
 feirene
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 11:18:32 AM
Nothing wrong with enjoying sex as a woman apart from the derogatory opinions that other people have of it.
Nobody won't treat me as anything i don't consent to, i'm still a person in my own right. I'm not subject to that just because i enjoy my body and choose who gets to enjoy it with me.

But you can blame people like me for guys not wanting to settle because they know they have more options than that.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 11:36:11 AM

Nah, I am a proud presenter of truth. No matter how ugly it may be

Short, concise and to the point.
We need more posters like this.
I can't read the posts that are too long
to be memes and too short to be books.

I wonder for a second if I'm missing out on
some great inf......oh look a chicken!
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 93
Posted: 5/11/2018 11:44:09 AM

The women continually moan about guys with shirt open or shirt off pictures...
But the guys who do those pics while sporting 6-pack abs say IT WORKS...

That’s because many women will consider a man who is only looking for a FB or a hook up if they can’t find a man willing to commit to them right away. Even July mentioned she was considering a summer fling with a FB. Then they moan and **** that men only want sex.
 Dinno76
Msg: 94
Posted: 5/11/2018 12:05:54 PM
Flings and hookups are what most men on here are looking for.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 95
Posted: 5/11/2018 12:22:04 PM
^^^ Then you would think that would give the guy who is actually interested in a relationship an advantage, but it doesn’t seem to. It’s better to join a meetup group than to rely on a site like this.
 ponyelvis82
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 12:46:08 PM

Unfortunately, you have nobody to blame for that but yourself. How many guys did you never give any chance to because they didn't look good enough, or because their profile wasn't perfect, or because their 2 page single-spaced essay that way too many of you expect from them wasn't up to your standards?

With the literally millions of people on this site, you're the only one that you can blame for you not responding to probably most of them. The nature of these sites is that women get to make that choice, but what comes from those choices is something that you have to accept and live with. I'm not saying that you have to respond to someone you don't want to, but you have to accept that by making that choice, there's a smaller pool of possible men. Ultimately, it was YOUR choice to not talk to the millions of men who actually want a serious relationship.
 Teadrip
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 1:18:52 PM
the topic of the thread is not about what guys/women are looking for, it clearly states it's about physical attractiveness. ..why veer off topic and into a multitude of excuses...people repeating over and over why others do what they do, but won't repeat to yourself that you need to make an effort on sprucing up your image... you will have a wider net of prospective suitors, you will have options...you too could be turning heads.
 south_city
Msg: 98
Posted: 5/16/2018 9:39:31 PM

Many women will get with nice normal men if they get sent a message that shows they are genuinely interested in them. Do looks matter? Does height matter? Does job and money matter? Of course they do but I'd venture to say that many women would take 60% of men on this site if they presented themselves right, not just the 2% that you implied.

The content of the initial email is least important thing with OLD. It's largely about pictures and stats first. Then maybe the rest of the profile. A woman may not even read a man's email if he's not tall enough or doesn't have the greatest pictures of himself or he doesn't exactly match a list of requirements. When I was actively using OLD, many of my initial messages were unread / deleted.
 feirene
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2018 10:09:15 PM
I think the best place to look for a relationship is not on a dating site. Just use use other sites that are not focused on dating where you may have common interests and make friends on them. As a bonus you have made some friends also.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why so many physically unattractive men on here??