Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why so many physically unattractive men on here??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Coma_White
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Why so many physically unattractive men on here??Page 9 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

I see quite a few men say they're willing to relocate. Can you say jobless and homeless?☺

Why does willing to relocate have to mean jobless and homeless? I know a lot of people that have married people from places like Colombia, Argentina, China, etc. I've dated people from other countries that came to Canada to visit me. I don't see the big issue. The hardest part is getting citizenship. You have to be able to sponsor them.
 feirene
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Why so many physically unattractive men on here??
Posted: 5/21/2018 11:46:18 AM
Who cares? I'm finding these stories interesting, if also sad. The initial topic was just an opinion and nothing to discuss really.
 feirene
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 11:47:42 AM
Not for you^^^

I should've quoted but am on a time limit with this site so tend to rush replies.it's for the person moaning about may to december relationships.
Can scratch rich old man off my list of wants now though. :D
 julystorm7
Msg: 204
Posted: 5/21/2018 11:57:33 AM
I don't care if I have to do the nursing and the cooking as long as I have someone to deal with all the car stuff and fixing things. I'm doing it all now anyways on my own, might as well get that with the bonus of sex out of the deal 😎

I think the trouble with both men and women nowadays is the attitude that everyone is fine the way they are and no one is worth improving yourself for. That's called complacency. I have gone on meetups with guys from pof that put zero effort into their appearance with creased shirts and uncombed hair and they smell like body odour, may be not even deodorant on. At least wear a nice pair of jeans and a shirt, put some product in your hair and a subtle cologne. Let me know you are trying to put a good first impression forward. And I will try and do the same, dress pretty, wear jewellery, do my hair and nails, maybe put a little makeup on. I used to believe I should just dress casually, be myself but I've come to realize that if I want to impress a certain kind of man, I need to step up my game. In no way am I saying be fake and artificial and not true to yourself, just try a bit more with your appearance. And all you guys who whine that they shouldn't have to chase a woman or even impress them, think again. Men and women should try hard to impress each other. That's a key part to the courting process.
 Coma_White
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 12:01:13 PM

I think the trouble with both men and women nowadays is the attitude that everyone is fine the way they are and no one is worth improving yourself for. That's called complacency. I have gone on meetups with guys from pof that put zero effort into their appearance with creased shirts and uncombed hair and they smell like body odour, may be not even deodorant on. At least wear a nice pair of jeans and a shirt, put some product in your hair and a subtle cologne. Let me know you are trying to put a good first impression forward. And I will try and do the same, dress pretty, wear jewellery, do my hair and nails, maybe put a little makeup on. I used to believe I should just dress casually, be myself but I've come to realize that if I want to impress a certain kind of man, I need to step up my game. In no way am I saying be fake and artificial and not true to yourself, just try a bit more with your appearance. And all you guys who whine that they shouldn't have to chase a woman or even impress them, think again. Men and women should try hard to impress each other. That's a key part to the courting process.

I agree that men and women should try to look their best. It's annoying when you meet someone that dresses all frumpy and they're like "whatever, accept me as I am bro." I've met a lot of people that are otherwise perfect except they don't care at all about their appearance. I disagree that men should chase women. There's nothing wrong with breaking the ice and approaching a woman, but men shouldn't actively chase. Men should be focused on their goals and meet women along the way. Women will talk to you if you're engaged in your purpose and not outcome dependent.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 12:03:02 PM

I think the trouble with both men and women nowadays is the attitude that everyone is fine the way they are and no one is worth improving yourself for. That's called complacency.

I dunno.
I think I'm pretty okei.
Not sure what I would change to wrangle a guy in.
I am who I am the way I am, and if I don't impress someone,
what should I do?

Personal hygiene is something we should do everyday.
Someone who has to be reminded to clean up, has other problems I might not be willing to deal with.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 12:13:18 PM
Irene, me, moaning about May - Dec relationships? If you mean me, it's more about her being a slave. Of course she signed up for it, but just because someone under values themselves, you don't treat them like crap.

Coma, of course the Filipino woman was looking for citizenship thru marriage. Now she's seeing she made a pact with the devil. He's controlling. Flipped out on her again for having several drinks during the very long wedding reception. Here's a big laugh, he was concerned about appearances, yet he imported her and married her 7 months after his wife died, and is keeping her as a slave.

Those countries you mentioned, those women are shopping for citizenship.

If ever there was a red flag, that would be a guy looking to leave his present life behind to relocate. I'm not interested in transients that may be on the run or living a gypsy lifestyle.
 CBGB77
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 12:16:02 PM

Posted By: browneyesboo on 5/21/2018 2:03:02 PM
Subject: Why so many physically unattractive men on here??
I think the trouble with both men and women nowadays is the attitude that everyone is fine the way they are and no one is worth improving yourself for. That's called complacency.

I dunno.
I think I'm pretty okei.
Not sure what I would change to wrangle a guy in.
I am who I am the way I am, and if I don't impress someone,
what should I do?

Personal hygiene is something we should do everyday.
Someone who has to be reminded to clean up, has other problems I might not be willing to deal with.

As I say before...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXydX9p_ZxA
 Coma_White
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 12:19:20 PM

Those countries you mentioned, those women are shopping for citizenship.

That's not always true. I know just as many that moved out of Canada to be with their spouse. It's not always about Canadian citizenship. Yes, that does happen, but I have friends living in China and other countries because they met someone.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 210
Posted: 5/21/2018 12:23:17 PM

I have gone on meetups with guys from pof that put zero effort into their appearance with creased shirts and uncombed hair and they smell like body odour, may be not even deodorant on. At least wear a nice pair of jeans and a shirt, put some product in your hair and a subtle cologne

Hate to say it but the older I get...the men on here put in less effort into anything. I am a clean fanatic....not obsessive but like pleasant odors.

A lot of their pictures are usually of a glum looking, scruffy face...hiding behind sunglasses and hats or too far away....the "we all want to see a 60+ old out of shape man...shirtless pic."....in the dirty bathroom mirror.
Profile content might consist of....Just ask me
I read everything on a profile. I have no problem making first contact but I need something that I can resonate with.

It's beyond me...why if you are serious about wanting a date...you wouldn't put your best foot forward.

I am not saying 'all'....but a lot.
In fact, if there's a new face...in my age group and he's smiling, looks clean and might not be lying about his age.
I suspect scammer....lol.
 feirene
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 12:34:44 PM

Irene, me, moaning about May - Dec relationships? If you mean me, it's more about her being a slave. Of course she signed up for it, but just because someone under values themselves, you don't treat them like crap.

No i enjoyed your post (and the other similar one), like i said it was sad though.
Sorry, i'll go back to c&p the replies before i sign back in again.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 12:37:29 PM
Thank you Mr. 77!
And back at you!

PS: Is your nick related to the club or the underground rock and roll?
 Coma_White
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 12:49:11 PM

Hate to say it but the older I get...the men on here put in less effort into anything. I am a clean fanatic....not obsessive but like pleasant odors.

A lot of their pictures are usually of a glum looking, scruffy face...hiding behind sunglasses and hats or too far away....the "we all want to see a 60+ old out of shape man...shirtless pic."....in the dirty bathroom mirror.
Profile content might consist of....Just ask me
I read everything on a profile. I have no problem making first contact but I need something that I can resonate with.

It's beyond me...why if you are serious about wanting a date...you wouldn't put your best foot forward.

I am not saying 'all'....but a lot.
In fact, if there's a new face...in my age group and he's smiling, looks clean and might not be lying about his age.
I suspect scammer....lol.

If you think that's rough, try being a male in your 30's. The only women available are out of shape single mothers that get high. The rest are bar stars that don't realize they've hit the wall and will take home any guy. Most guys don't get any messages or responses from attractive women. If they do, they disappear before the date or they have a boyfriend and are just "browsing".
 reverendswine
Msg: 214
Posted: 5/21/2018 12:54:14 PM

It's annoying when you meet someone that dresses all frumpy and they're like "whatever, accept me as I am bro."

I've heard shit like this from some of the slobs in my family. I've seen them pick up T-shirts off their bedroom floor they've stepped on all week and put them on to go out in public. If they didn't complain about lack of attention from women, I wouldn't say anything, but they do.

However, I did end up dragging one of my cousins who fell under this category to my favorite Italian clothing store. At first, he fought me tooth and nail with nothing but "man, this isn't ME!!". I finally got him to try on an outfit I threw together, then he walked out of the dressing room and said "whoa, this is bad ass." He ended up buying it and made return trips to the store on his own.

I don't know how a guy can feel he can reel in a quality woman dressed in "heading to the monster truck show" attire 24/7.

I think I'm pretty okei.

You're better than okei, Boo Diddley
 ponyelvis82
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 4:34:09 PM

If you think that's rough, try being a male in your 30's. The only women available are out of shape single mothers that get high. The rest are bar stars that don't realize they've hit the wall and will take home any guy. Most guys don't get any messages or responses from attractive women. If they do, they disappear before the date or they have a boyfriend and are just "browsing".

And most guys also don't even get responses from the two types of people you described.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 216
Posted: 5/21/2018 5:16:00 PM
"I think the trouble with both men and women nowadays is the attitude that everyone is fine the way they are and no one is worth improving yourself for. That's called complacency."

>>>and not just dating, you work in an office long enough, you find "old guard" resting on their laurels of the day when they were young turks hustling to impress. In dating, tho, the people wanting to be accepted for who they are, seek validation. Any salesman can tell them, you have to offer the customer what the customer is looking for. Otherwise you have to advertise the customer into thinking they want the product.

Those who haven't tried dressing up for a date, should attempt it before they criticize it. I've done it so I know the results are for moi, but for those who can't afford full-blown retail, try the consignment shops outside the wealthy end of town. You can find off-the-rack that may do well enough. maybe not the first time, but make some repeat trips. It will be on you to match colors and patterns, but you can look online and in flyers to get some ideas of what works with what. And finding a good match can be fun, like finding that last piece of a collection.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 5:58:59 PM
[quote I don't know how the subject deviated to May-December relationships or mail-order brides.

Well, the 83 year old guy who imported the 43 year old (slave?) was described as "decrepit, so that qualifies as physically unattractive, per the opening question.

a man that can take care of himself

Apparently I qualify for that seeing as how I have no failed marriages, or successful ones. So it's all up to me.

It’s sticking to an old outdated custom of the man being the pursuer.

No, it's EVOLUTION ARY & BIOLOGICAL.

According to the National Geographic website, humans are continuing to evolve (root word of evolution).
Therefore, presumably, humans should be able to "evolve" out of outdated customs.

these stories interesting, if also sad.

Very sad, considering these are supposedly adults in an "evolved" civilization.
Still harboring, rather than transcending, the same thinking, viewpoints, and reactions as their hunched over ancestors.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 218
Posted: 5/21/2018 6:43:56 PM

It’s sticking to an old outdated custom of the man being the pursuer.

No, it's EVOLUTION ARY & BIOLOGICAL.

Look at how far women have come in just less than a hundred years. Your great-grandparents’ generation would have said that women not working, being house-wives, and only wearing dresses was biological too. Who knows what gender roles will be like a hundred years from now.
 backcreek7
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 6:45:34 PM
... " A man that can take care of himself "

^^^ I think this is generally true, for most men & for that matter ~ most women, as well . Although not the ideal situation, we learn to cope and adjust. Might as well enjoy life no matter what ( if we can ) ~ for its niche is surely fleeting.

... I'm somewhat of a neatfreak, when I come home from work I like to kick back and be happily relaxed / visually stimulated. The living room is my canvass & I paint with interesting knickknacks ( which I have a few dozen, I'm sure ) Not super crowded, but lots to see ~ Of course, the 17 plants and 12 paintings or framed pictures, fill the place out. It's just an old prefab doublewide house, but for me it's my " castle ".

... I do phone systems, riding out what's left of the old school way of business communications. I have several old phones, quite a collection ( and lots in the basement storage area ) On display I have a genies lamp phone, one of the first field military (1918 ) phone systems, an old porcelain - no dial intercom phone from the whitehouse. I also have on display > a cheap black plastic copy of a skull & candlestick phone, I bought at Lowes last year. It's one of my very favorites, was only 12$. I love that f-in thing ~ when you pick up the handset, it plays one of about 8 spooky throated threats ..... My fav is " follow me to the grave " ~ he he he he ha ha ha ha !!!! ( I can hee hee hee, ha ha ha ha~ just like a ghoul ! > I'm quite proud of my rendition, col )
^^^^ Halloween or not, that thing is here to stay >>> spoooo key !! like wow !

... I'm also super into music so I surrounded my big open area with lots of speakers, tastefully done of course. Final touch ? A pool table smack in the living room, needless to say ~ I live alone, and I enjoy it ! I'm with my daughter quite often, she's my best friend besides being a wonderful person >>>> daughters , they're just the bestest !!!!!
 feirene
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 7:35:14 PM

Very sad, considering these are supposedly adults in an "evolved" civilization.
Still harboring, rather than transcending, the same thinking, viewpoints, and reactions as their hunched over ancestors.

I think reality sucks mostly and so when people find their 'soulmate' or their ideal partner then fantasy comes into play somewhat also. It's easy to get sucked into someone elses lies and fall for them if they are good enough and compatible with what you want. And so abusive relationships happen and sometimes people feel helpless to leave them.
 MsMicki
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 7:43:58 PM
Backcreek ^^ Music and shooting pool.....my kind of evening!!

I am one to spend far more money on my home than on myself....I would never spend the money on Gucci or Louis Vuitton or expensive makeup....but I'll easily throw my money into landscaping or remodeling!! My home is my Xanax.....just sitting on the back porch listening to the frogs and crickets and some good ole 70's on the stereo calms me far more than any drug ever has!
 CBGB77
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 10:08:12 PM

Posted By: browneyesboo on 5/21/2018 229 PM
And back at you!

PS: Is your nick related to the club or the underground rock and roll?

Bingo!

http://bestnetworx.com/uploader/files/208/f7c6790fe19780530cdc3c5708366e91--rockbands-gabba-gabba.jpg
 browneyesboo
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2018 6:51:24 AM
^^^^YAY!
My girlfriend and I used to take the train into Boston to the
Boston Tea Party, which I think was sort of the same thing.
I saw Santana, Jethro Tull, a bunch of bands there. This would
have been 1968-1970. I think it was only open for a few years,
but pretty sure it closed for good 1970.

I felt like such a rebel back then...hahahaha!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2018 6:55:08 AM

You're better than okei, Boo Diddley

Thank you, Mr. Pig!
 CBGB77
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2018 7:46:47 AM

Posted By: browneyesboo on 5/22/2018 824 AM
My girlfriend and I used to take the train into Boston to the
Boston Tea Party, which I think was sort of the same thing.
I saw Santana, Jethro Tull, a bunch of bands there. This would
have been 1968-1970. I think it was only open for a few years,
but pretty sure it closed for good 1970.

I felt like such a rebel back then...hahahaha!

Boo..you are so cool! The Boston Tea Party concerts are legendary.

http://www.theamericanrevolution.fm/boston-tea-party-schedule-1967---1970.html
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why so many physically unattractive men on here??