Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are you ready to sleep with these two?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hemingway234
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Are you ready to sleep with these two?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Move over little doggie, the big dog is movin' in!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Are you ready to sleep with these two?
Posted: 5/10/2018 2:40:05 PM
Dogs are better than people. While I may refer to my dog as a furkid, she's not a child replacement. However, she needs similar care to a child with food, shelter, medical care, love and attention. I choose not to date at the moment while I care for her after surgery last year and for other medical issues.

She's been a great companion, traveling by plane and car. She's been a joy every day of her life. She''ll be 16 this month.

I wouldn't think much of a person if they put their pet on the back burner because they met someone. That truly is a window into their soul🐕
 ohenryx
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2018 4:27:48 PM
I am a dog person, always have been, I have had one or more dogs all of my life, and that is not going to change. I have dated women who didn't like dogs, even one who was allergic to dogs. But I did make it clear that to be a permanent part of my life, they would have to get along with my dogs. No ifs, ands, or buts.

I am not obsessed with the whole thing, and don't make that big of a deal out of it. But I find that someone is either a dog person, or they're not, and if they're not, then we're not going to be compatible for the long term.
 feirene
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 8:52:44 AM

My cats watched me and my girlfriend when I took her over my house, They were all like "WTF are you guys doing?" She has a dog and a cat .She has gates up to keep them away from us the but her cat knows how to pop the gate open and her dog just barks until we come out of her room.

Lol, pets can be weird. At least they didn't know what you were doing.
 reverendswine
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/11/2018 1:32:37 PM
Yeah, dogs are "better" than people. Remember that the next time you need the police, fire rescue, EMTs, doctors, or a random stranger to pull your unconscious body out of a burning vehicle.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 31
What's that Lassie? Timmy fell down a well?
Posted: 5/11/2018 2:24:15 PM
except the fire department classically loves Dalmations and cops love their German Sheps. you have to go across the ocean to find rescue crews who love their St. Bennards with a barrel of booze for dog tags.
 reverendswine
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/11/2018 2:42:33 PM
Fantastic, but my point was, people actually *need* other people, and many times people DO come through for others in a multitude of ways that aren't necessarily associated with romantic relationships.

I'd like to see how long these "dogs are better than people" nuts would survive in a world completely alone except for dogs.
 CBGB77
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 4:02:52 PM
Did you ever read A Boy and His Dog by Harlan Ellison?
 ChorusAurora
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/11/2018 4:21:22 PM
Seen the movie ISLE OF DOGS?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 5:24:58 PM
CBGB, I didn't, but also see it was a movie.

Dogs may not opt in for what we ask them to do, but they do make life safer and better for us. They do enjoy those roles they're put in, because those dogs are chosen by breed for what they like to do and they enjoy pleasing us. They do scent work for detecting bombs and drugs at airports. They guide the deaf & blind, help people with other disabilities by doing things for them that they can't do for people in wheelchairs.

They do SAR work, finding scents for for missing and dead people. They track criminals for the police and bring down the suspects. They warn people prior to them having health issues, like seizures, cancer, and anxiety for soldiers with PTSD. They can reduce anxiety and bring down blood pressure. They work on farms by herding and protecting livestock.

They go overseas to help fight wars and detect IEDs. Some are ratters and help property to be varmint free. They protect homes, families and businesses. They go into hospitals and nursing homes to cheer up the elderly and the infirmed, including children.

They provide companionship, comfort and bring joy with their personalities. They're non-judgemental and loving. I may have left other things out.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/11/2018 5:26:16 PM
The more socialized and civilized we are, the more we need humans to make gasoline, electricity, etc. In a world of only dogs, we'd probably be fighting them for food. And certainly not procreating. We'd get old, and we'd be suckers for cute little puppies. but who would be their vet?

we can also argue if social animals such as dogs truly have unconditional love.

of course, blanket ultimate statements like "All humans suck" tend to be proven wrong.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Chihuahuas rule
Posted: 5/11/2018 5:27:17 PM
CBGB, I didn't, but also see it was a movie.

Dogs may not opt in for what we ask them to do, but they do make life safer and better for us. They do enjoy those roles they're put in, because those dogs are chosen by breed for what they like to do and they enjoy pleasing us. They do scent work for detecting bombs and drugs at airports. They guide the deaf & blind, help people with other disabilities by doing things for them that they can't do for people in wheelchairs.

They do SAR work, finding scents for for missing and dead people. They track criminals for the police and bring down the suspects. They warn people prior to them having health issues, like seizures, cancer, and anxiety for soldiers with PTSD. They can reduce anxiety and bring down blood pressure. They work on farms by herding and protecting livestock.

They go overseas to help fight wars and detect IEDs. Some are ratters and help property to be varmint free. They protect homes, families and businesses. They go into hospitals and nursing homes to cheer up the elderly and the infirmed, including children.

They provide companionship, comfort and bring joy with their personalities. They're non-judgemental and loving. I may have left other things out.
 cooldog65
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Chihuahuas rule
Posted: 5/11/2018 8:09:26 PM

I may have left other things out.

Can they pay for a date or cook you dinner?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Chihuahuas rule
Posted: 5/11/2018 8:31:30 PM
I never said the companionship of a dog would cancel out other relationships🐕🐶🐩 I'm saying that I place a high value on dogs, appreciating all that they do for us.
 CBGB77
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Chihuahuas rule
Posted: 5/11/2018 8:54:00 PM
And in the death,
As the last few corpses lay rotting on the slimy
Thoroughfare,
The shutters lifted in inches in Temperance Building,
High on Poacher's Hill.
And red, mutant, eyes gaze down on Hunger City.
No more big wheels.
Fleas the size of rats sucked on rats the size of cats,
And ten thousand peoploids split into small tribes,
Coveting the highest of the sterile skyscrapers,
Like packs of dogs assaulting the glass fronts of Love-Me Avenue.
Ripping and rewrapping mink and shiny silver fox, now leg-warmers.
Family badge of sapphire and cracked emerald.
Any day now,
The year of the Diamond Dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-olWhdDQEec
 hemingway234
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Chihuahuas rule
Posted: 5/12/2018 6:11:45 AM
I understand that we love our pets and think of them as family members.

However, dogs are nowhere near as helpful as people.

Coral_Pearl
Msg: 42
Chihuahuas rule
Posted: 5/12/2018 8:08:39 AM
Humans are pack animals. We need others. It's in our DNA. Loneliness is the new smoking. It can be as bad for you as 15 cigarettes a day. Dogs are a good complement, but no substitute. We need other people. :)
 CBGB77
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Chihuahuas rule
Posted: 5/12/2018 8:35:38 AM
Beware Emotional Support Dog

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/fuzztone65/32253787_10155250191231143_4128986588333998080_n.jpg
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Chihuahuas rule? hahahah, ya mean Bassets
Posted: 5/12/2018 10:50:02 AM
Low dogs-high furniture.

No dog on any furniture unless bought specifically for the poocher.

Think the original question was just a profile joke. Lets hope.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 45
view profile
History
If you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas.
Posted: 5/12/2018 11:06:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV9V8-uUIWk
 NewYorker58
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Chihuahuas rule? hahahah, ya mean Bassets, no I mean Chihuahuas:)
Posted: 5/12/2018 11:10:27 AM
My little one is only 3.2 pds, so she can't get on any furniture by herself, but she's allowed on the couch and bed. I think it's a valid question.

I'm surprised to see how trim you are with a background in nutrition while your dog looks obese. That's so bad for them for the same reasons its bad for us, and especially bad for the backs and rear legs of short-legged dogs. For some reason, people like to over feed smaller dogs like chis, Bassetts, doxies, etc. Congratulations on having 18 years with your dog. I see you have a new dog, maybe the other passed on?
 2ufo
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2018 11:54:46 AM
^^^
Nah, little dogs like petite women show excess weight quicker and easier -- fat becomes a greater percentage of their weight.
Also, people are more likely to carry around small dogs.
Trust me, no one wants to carry around a Basset Hound or a Great Dane (the original 'small dog in a large body').

CBGB...
Did you ever read A Boy and His Dog by Harlan Ellison?

I read the sequel - boy gets eaten by a giant spider and the dog is 'drat - he was pretty handy'.
 ChorusAurora
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/12/2018 12:02:41 PM
^^^???

I'm surprised to see how trim you are with a background in nutrition while your dog looks obese.

Who are you talking to!?! Don't see no obese dogs round here~

;-(
 NewYorker58
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2018 6:00:04 PM
U2fo, fat is fat. Doesn't matter if you're petite or tall, except a tall woman or big dog can hold more fat with a bigger body. Weight has an effect on most diseases and fat can cause some like diabetes and knee/hip issues. A dog feels like crap when it has extra weight to lug around.

Chorus, Peppermint's dog, but I think he may be deceased. I can't stand seeing overweight dogs. It's so harmful to them.
 2ufo
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2018 6:42:18 PM
^^^
Ummm, I think that's what I said.
Except for the disease part.

Since I don't have a dog or cat, I can say I don't have any obese pets.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are you ready to sleep with these two?