Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are you ready to sleep with these two?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 purplerider1200
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Chihuahuas rulePage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Humans are pack animals. We need others. It's in our DNA. Loneliness is the new smoking. It can be as bad for you as 15 cigarettes a day. Dogs are a good complement, but no substitute. We need other people.

I'll take a dog or a cat over people any day of the week. Many times, I feel more irritated dealing with people, than I do with animals.
 moraima
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Chihuahuas rule
Posted: 5/13/2018 5:09:43 PM
Love your new profile pict. Purple.

I cannot ever remember being irritated with an animal.

(Loneliness is the new smoking.)

Seriously!!!???

If you are a lonely person, go help others or go into therapy.

There is no logic reason to ever be lonely unless a love one has died.
 reverendswine
Msg: 53
Chihuahuas rule
Posted: 5/13/2018 9:48:44 PM
Boy, this is just otherworldly ridiculous.

One could not live a long life alone in this world with only dogs. It's not debatable. In fact, I'd venture to say one's desire to live would quickly plummet after being placed under such circumstances. It would be a gargantuan level of traumatization never felt by anyone before.

If one wants to be ornery and deluded enough to claim and believe dogs are "better" than beings they actually *need* in order to survive and have irrefutably proven their reliability by the mere fact we still exist, that's their own funeral. I only give a shit about facts.
 cooldog65
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Chihuahuas don't rule and never will...
Posted: 5/14/2018 5:23:27 AM
I was on a webcam site last night and saw a hot young babe in Spain whose white Chihuahua appeared from behind her pillow while she was writhing on her bed in her lingerie. Big time buzz kill...
 CBGB77
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Chihuahuas don't rule and never will...
Posted: 5/14/2018 7:35:27 AM
What you need is a good snake massage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s7KkI-fo3M
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Is this where the term 'Heavy Petting' came from?
Posted: 5/14/2018 8:42:28 AM
News flash - loneliness is not a 'disease' brought on by a lack of humans, or dogs, or anything else in the house. People CAN be lonely in a crowd. They can feel all alone even if they live in a house with ten people, three dogs, five cats, and a hamster. It's a mindset, not a living situation. Loneliness is not the exclusive reason for wanting a companion, nor it is the cure for those feelings. Having a strong dependency on a pet or other companion as a means to avoid loneliness DOES happen. Those unhealthy mindsets occur NOT just in the solitary lives of singles, but in families where a member feels inadequate or rejected or something similar. Loneliness can't be defined by the number of little chalk figurines stuck on the back window of a minivan.
 MADEyouSMILE1
Msg: 57
view profile
History
What's that Lassie? Timmy fell down a well?
Posted: 5/14/2018 7:56:54 PM
Mr.Reverend sure talks alot of smack for someone who posts a pic of him holding a lil kitty...Such hypocrisy. Of course in another pic you're wearing a devil mask,so go figure.
 MADEyouSMILE1
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Chihuahuas rule
Posted: 5/14/2018 8:00:07 PM
Sorry but you are gravely mistaken. Just ask a veteran about his service dog for PTSD...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Chihuahuas rule
Posted: 5/14/2018 11:23:16 PM
When Seal Team 6 went to capture or kill Bin Laden, they had Cairo with them, a Belgian Malinois. They mostly use them or German Shepherds.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Are you ready to sleep with these two?
Posted: 5/15/2018 5:03:26 AM
ReverendSwine
Of course, they do. Because it's a being they can fully control and the animal is incapable of telling them what a socially inept, batshit loon they are.

I don't think you have ever had a dog or cat.

While true the pet appears to love them despite any weird behavior on the human's part, I think for many people, the animal controls them.

If I were single, I would let my dog sleep with me. As it is, my wife doesn't want the dog in the room, ever at any time. I get that also.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2018 10:00:44 AM
I think it depends on ones culture and how you were raised. For some, dogs are more like employees with them performing a function like guard dogs. I see people get dogs, yet maybe think they're dirty and are not allowed in the house or in some parts of the house. The more you let them in your life, the more they'll be part of your life.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 62
debating doggy style--some people are behind
Posted: 5/15/2018 2:55:47 PM
Senior citizen widows/widowers also use dogs to resist loneliness. But I get the point, we need farmers, police, medical workers, etc.

"What you need is a good snake massage."

>>yeah but i'm real picky about who massages my snake.

" I think for many people, the animal controls them. "

>>>we've all seen someone who just showers "love" on a pet, tho interestingly in these scenarios, the love is in material form. the only way we can excessively love a pet is to feed it gourmet food, dress it up, give it toys, etc. so, who truly gets the benefit of "nothing but the best for Fifi!". we used to have a compost pile behind our garden, and trust me, any dog that got loose in the neighborhood? perfectly happy rolling in our coffee grinds and eggshells.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Dogs are better than people
Posted: 5/15/2018 3:59:43 PM
I do take issue with people that think putting clothes on a dog means they're properly caring for it. I have a coat for my dog in the winter, as she needs it on some nights. Love is giving them attention, feeding them appropriately, and giving them vet care when they need it and not accepting everything the vet says.

I don't call her food gourmet, it's just food, but it is the best food possible. If it's kibble, it's not "gourmet".

I don't say "nothing but the best for my dog", but I certainly treat her that way. Why would I not treat her the best way possible; I love her.

Honoring ones dog has nothing to do with it being dogs vs people. Those are two separate issues, but dogs definitely make life better for millions of people, including those without dogs, because they're still working for us to protect our airports and our soldiers abroad.
 reverendswine
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/15/2018 4:48:53 PM

Sorry but you are gravely mistaken. Just ask a veteran about his service dog for PTSD...

Wonderful. Now tell me what the hell this has to do with a hypothetical only person left on Earth scenario?

Mr.Reverend sure talks alot of smack for someone who posts a pic of him holding a lil kitty...Such hypocrisy. Of course in another pic you're wearing a devil mask,so go figure.

We've got a few problems here, Bucky Backwoods. First, you've made a claim with not one shred of evidence to support it. Find the "hypocrisy" in anything I stated and present it in your next post. However, I see you're from Arkansas, so the potential for you not knowing the definition of the word is extremely high.

Secondly, enlighten me on how what I'm wearing in a photo has any bearing on this matter.

Third, you *will* fail to effectively deliver here and I *will* be glad to make you look like an even bigger idiot should you make another pissant attempt at directing a post to me again.

Happy Tractor Tuesday to you, sir.

I was on a webcam site last night and saw a hot young babe in Spain whose white Chihuahua appeared from behind her pillow while she was writhing on her bed in her lingerie. Big time buzz kill...

Sounds like she really screwed the pooch
 reverendswine
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/15/2018 4:50:55 PM

I don't think you have ever had a dog or cat.

I have no idea what you could have possibly based this on. I've had both. In fact, with cats specifically, I do not recall a time in my entire life I haven't had one or more.

However, I've never been irrational and unobjective enough to say they're "better" than humans or declared "OMG!! Dealbreaker!!" if a woman didn't like cats. My cats haven't any need in the world for the woman's love, attention, or for her to financially contribute to their care. They have *me* for all of it. So, tell me. What does that leave? Absolutely nothing.

Not one valid reason for it to be a "dealbreaker". Shunning the woman for not liking cats would be nothing but power tripping, egomaniacal bullshit talking.

We have all interacted with an incalculable amount of people on various levels in our lives who never once brought us any harm nor had any desire to, yet there are people who allow their confirmation biases to conclude animals are "better" than all of humanity?

Utterly ridiculous, and I couldn't give a shit less if anyone wants to falsely label me the big animal hater for not subscribing to that brand of undeniable idiocy.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/15/2018 9:12:31 PM
Dogs are different from people. They are not as complex. They love their friends and bite their enemies. There’s no insincerity or double-dealing with them.
 siisaa
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2018 8:08:15 PM

Dogs are different from people. They are not as complex.

That's why a lot of people like them. They're not going to challenge you intellectually, and they'll just love & accept you regardless of anything you say or do, providing that you're not abusive. I don't mind being challenged, called-out or reprimanded if I'm behaving ****ed-up, and I'll do the same to someone else. It facilitates growth. I may not like it in the moment but in retrospect, it's refreshing to look back and say, "You know....I was wrong."

You'll never get that with an animal. Animals are great and everything but by no means will they ever hold priority over my loved ones.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2018 8:27:13 PM
^^^^Dogs are really smart. My dog, which was "our" dog at the time, she outsmarted my ex all the time. All 3.2 pds of her. Dogs read people better than some people can.

This wasn't really about people vs dogs, but people letting their dogs sleep with them.
 siisaa
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2018 9:04:07 PM
I never said dogs were not smart. Dogs are more skilled than humans in some ways but at the end of the day, no dog is going to check you more than a human will, which is why a lot of people claim they're better than humans. Animals just don't have the capacity for that. The owner can do/say anything, that another person may not agree with, while the dog will only respond by licking your face and wagging its tail.

Topics diverge from original topic all the time.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2018 4:29:43 AM
I don't have any problems sharing my life with a person and their pets. I come from a legacy of animal lovers and rehabilitationists, so it'd be unnatural for me to be with somebody who doesn't appreciate them.
 cooldog65
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2018 9:14:35 AM

Not at hand jobs since they don't have thumbs...
 from site to sight
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/26/2018 9:29:01 AM
It would depend on the size of the pets. If it's two cats on a queen or king size bed, I wouldn't see a problem. But if it's two german shepherds or rottweilers, that could be a problem. It would also be a problem if someone has pet snakes.
 CBGB77
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2018 11:51:09 AM
I made a deal with my cats: I get the bed all to myself at night and they can sleep there in the day(except when my girlfriend comes over).And...They don't get to watch us "do it" anymore,it's too weird.
 Seki1949
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2018 8:54:34 PM
So who is left here these days?
 purplerider1200
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2018 2:16:11 PM
I've had dogs since I was brought home for first time. A dog became my protector since age four, when a rooster came after me. Missy, my dad's boxer didn't like a cruddy rooster going after "Her boy" She proceeded to try to rip the rooster apart! That stupid chicken tried to hide in a bucket, as Missy would grab it by the tail feathers. By the time my dad separated them, that chicken had no tail feathers left. Thinking it wouldn't survive, he dumped some kerosene on the rooster's now featherless butt. That silly rooster did survive, and never came after me again.

Cats, I get along with. Cats can be fun. In bed, we play a fun game called "Kick the cat" Get me in bed, asleep, and I kick the cat off the bed. Many nights I've woke to a loud thud, the cat getting booted off the bed, by me. A sleeping cat DOES NOT land on all fours when sleeping. Surprise, Kitty! (LOL!)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are you ready to sleep with these two?