Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women Don't Know What They Want      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Women Don't Know What They WantPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
^^^ Nah... maybe a bit later into things... but in the beginning, it's super awkward to talk about exes. Say you wish them nothing but the best etc.? Fake. Complain about them? Bad form. They're crazy? Then why do you pick crazy people? Saying my ex was great and things just didn't work out? Bytch just say it, he dumped you, so maybe you're not so great. I can't think of it not being weird.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Women Don't Know What They Want
Posted: 5/12/2018 10:01:37 AM

Some men sure have a hard time with rejection.

And no women have a hard time with it?

Sure they do.

I was talking with a woman once at a nightclub, and she appeared to be in her 40s, and she said she had never in her life asked a guy to dance, and I asked why not?

Her response:

"What if he said no? I'd be crushed."

Ex stories can tell a lot about a person.

Yours speak volumes.

People are fascinating.

Mostly in a SMH kind of way.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2018 10:29:25 AM
You're awfully negative, moon man.

I think women take breakups better. Men are probably better at rejection that starts with asking someone out.

I know, I know, I've been divorced, big deal. I choose to not be scared and live life. Everyone changes as they age. You don't know what those changes will be that will affect a marriage. Men seem to take divorce harder than women. They won't even acknowledge it in their profile where they're supposed to. Could be for those that caused it. I see someone that wasn't married by his 40s, and then I think PROBLEM. Problems relating to women, is selfish or he's a lifetime bachelor not looking for a ltr.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2018 5:56:58 PM
Alright, then why is it that women insist on changing their men? Remember that old platitude-

Men wish their women wouldn't change, and Women wish their men would?

I never went with one that didn't try to change me in some way. I was good enough to start seeing. So what made me undesirable? Because I didn't change for you? Well guess what, I try to stay the same, so that you know how to deal with me.

I'd think that they would respect me enough to stay the same. They don't. Oh, we gotta do something new. Hey! Guess what! Your new, I hate. What was wrong with what we were doing? You used to like it. Now, I'm no longer acceptable.

I was ready to get out of my marriage. I said the heck with her in short order.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2018 6:19:25 PM
Purple, I do hear women try to change men. I don't know where I heard it or learned it, but I've always known you accept a person the way they are or move on.

I believe in live and let live too, so I would not try to suppress a guy's life for what he likes or wants to do. For instance, my ex had a new hobby every day, and one day it was motorcycles. He didn't have one, but wanted one. I thought I either learn to ride or not participate with him, so I learned to ride, instead of saying don't ride, which I wouldn't say.

Women were lucky you weren't always changing. The problem with women is that many feel compelled to fix a guy. They may view it as being helpful, and well meaning, when it's not. I've never experienced a man trying to change me, that would suck. Women sometimes try to be "fixers".
 Cindyy22
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/12/2018 7:17:20 PM
They know what they want they just can't find it
 purplerider1200
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2018 7:19:47 PM
I never met one, (Short of my mother) who didn't try to change me.

The worst of them was my ex, but we won't get into that mess.

If it isn't broke-Don't fix it.
 JGL209
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2018 8:50:22 PM
Yeah, when someone talks about their ex especially negatively it makes me think she's not emotionally over him yet. And if they go on and on about an ex positively it makes me think she still thinks about him which is weird because they're not together. I don't bring my exes up because to me there's no point to it.. I just focus on her ... it's not good to date or be in a relationship with always has an ex on their mind.
 feirene
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2018 9:32:43 PM
I know what i want now and it's a man that can make laugh as much as adding to all my comments has done.
 mikeparkin2
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 3:14:10 PM
I went through a similar experience with a date talking the whole date about how her ex had badly treated her.
She also complained about her two sons being evil.

We got on OK so I just lived with the ex talk.
When we weren't together she would ring me up every night and I would get the "ex chat" again.
It did seem to improve a bit as time went on so I lived with it.
Eventually we moved in together with one of her sons.
However her son was a nightmare destroying the house when we were out.
The police were never away as he was always in trouble.
She told me to discipline him so I did.
The next day she went out and bought him a brand new bike.
I was being made out to be bad while she getting in his good books.
I went ballistic and slung them both out.
 MizBellaDonna
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/26/2018 11:43:44 AM
I hope you do realize that this particular horse rides on both sides of the fence right? Trust me when I tell you that sob stories and poor me is not exclusive to females, the males do it just as often and sometimes even more without realizing it.

That said, if I feel like I am doing a free counseling and therapy session on a first meeting or date, I am out of there in under an hour. I will suggest they see a new "counselor" quickly.
 MizBellaDonna
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/26/2018 11:48:46 AM
On the trying to change someone...
Here is a newsflash.... the only person that can change you, is you yourself. So why would I want to waste my energy trying to do the impossible? We all change naturally as we grow older and hopefully a little wiser. All you can do is hope that both parties change in a compatible way when that happens.

Other then that, I have yet to find a person who is perfect. So it really comes down to what you can live with and what you can't.

Why do people try to complicate things so much? It's actually all pretty easy. Just be yourself and let the other person get to know who you truly are. Go from there.

Bella Donna
 Dinno76
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/26/2018 9:25:34 PM
Women do not know what they want? Why is anybody surprised? Yet they still have the right to vote.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2018 3:24:50 AM
Maybe you remind them of their ex?
Posted: 5/27/2018 7:14:33 AM
Women Don't Know What They Want? Check this craziness out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3XkgbOFyJU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSq4RPWfrz8
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2018 7:48:24 AM
"Women...………."

So I can only guess. One or two or a few, perhaps all women the OP has met, are incapable of thinking for themselves.
I'm guessing the connection here is THE women ………...of the OP's choosing?

Not only did I know what I wanted, I went in search of. ………………..Oh looky there...…….Found it!
 Dinno76
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/27/2018 9:23:10 AM
Don't try to understand women. Women understand women and they hate eachother.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2018 10:11:12 AM
The insults never cease to amaze me^ ^ ^ ^ ^ . Just curious. How's that workin' for ya?
 siisaa
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2018 12:29:38 PM

Women Don't Know What They Want? Check this craziness out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3XkgbOFyJU

Those women will be single for an eternity. I couldn't even watch the entire videos.

And Dinno is a misogynist who's a proponent of MGTOW. Anyone who acts like they hate an entire gender, that goes for toxic feminists too, is in NO POSITION to give dating, relationship or love advice.
 reverendswine
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/28/2018 12:15:24 PM
I saw an animated gif a while back on Facebook that was ****ing hilarious. It appeared to be from a movie, but I couldn't tell you which one.

A man and woman were out in a field somewhere having an argument. The man, at his wit's end, asks the woman "What do you WANT??"

She hysterically replied, "It's not that simple!!!!"

Boy, if that doesn't simply speak volumes.

I'm no Steve Harvey fan, but I'm glad he had the balls to essentially say "well, what are YOU bringing to the table??" to the wannabe divas.
 MsMicki
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2018 2:01:18 PM
I know I want a Turtle Sundae....and someone to rub some Aloe on my "OMG I should have got out of the pool hours ago" sunburnt back!!

Tomorrow....I might want something different!!
 Inicia
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/30/2018 6:41:01 PM
So OP knows what he wants? i want to date a women with four children(divorced or never married no specification in Op)
OP asked the women out_ did he have no clue_ ? Why if op knows what he wants_ why not be diligent in finding one person that will be suitable- a date just a meet to find that out??That is why we do that? Interact to see- two different dates??? Ok so two gender specified people you had interest enough to ask out were not suitable to your wants and desire-pfft!!!
 mikeparkin2
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2018 10:01:24 PM
I find women do know what they want.
Sadly its rarely me !
Too short, too fat, too grey, bad teeth, dresses casual, too far away etc etc
 missvixen22
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 6:19:44 AM
This girl knows what she wants. Trust me there are many men out there who don't know what they want and who have loaded suitcases of baggage.
 hemingway234
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 7:04:22 AM
- When a person rants about their ex, it usually means they are on the rebound and not ready for a new relationship.

Men seem to take divorce harder than women.

- That's because usually the women are the ones who wanted the divorce.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women Don't Know What They Want