Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women Don't Know What They Want      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 julystorm22
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Women Don't Know What They WantPage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Fairytales?

Maybe its where I live. There's places you go where you don't dare go without a strong man. Growing up, there weren't really that many cops, the nearest copshop was 50km away. I know many women like to think they are strong and fine on their own but the reality of the situation is that there are many men who prey on women. We are the weaker sex when it comes to strength. I grew up in a rural area where there is a deep divide between races, in our case its Native Canadian (Aboriginal) and White. I've been in situations that were scary. When I was 20 I was in our smalltown bar with my dad and stepmom and in walks a few Native guys. They started drinking and then after a bit wanted my dad to fight them. One big guy had a knife, made a play for my dad. My dad swung a chair at him, kneed him in the stomach and managed to beat up the other 2 guys, I helped a bit, I wasn't exactly a weakling. I was shocked, I'd heard my dad could fight but he was in his 50s by then so it was surprising. But that kind of stuff happened a fair bit around these parts. Men and their drinking and fighting. So maybe, even though times have changed slowly, I still have this viewpoint that a real man can fight and be a protector and drives around in a big truck, hunts, fishes and does hard outdoor work.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Women Don't Know What They Want
Posted: 9/16/2018 1:48:46 PM

I still have this viewpoint that a real man can fight and be a protector and drives around in a big truck, hunts, fishes and does hard outdoor work.

One of the most common complaints by women in profile text and in forum posts is when men's photos show him holding a fish. By the above traditional viewpoint, a fish picture would be a good thing, showing he has skills as a provider.

Too bad the barroom incident occurred involving your dad, but it shows the romantic notion of Indians (natives of North America) as behaving like saints is unrealistic. There's plenty of bad behavior by Indians, contrary to the PC liberals who behave as if all bad behavior is committed by straight white male Gentiles.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2018 5:02:36 PM

Men and their drinking and fighting.

?A "real man" can fight?

This is wrong on so many levels I can't begin to sort thru them. Good god. WTF
 julystorm22
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2018 7:18:06 PM
I didn't say real men could fight. But I am saying around these parts guys are still pretty primal. And it gets worse when they're drinking which is often. They all try to outmacho each other.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2018 7:58:41 PM
July wrote:

I still have this viewpoint that a real man can fight and be a protector and drives around in a big truck, hunts, fishes and does hard outdoor work.

Followed by:

I didn't say real men could fight.

Clearly you did write...………."a real man can fight"...……..

I completely and unequivocally disagree.
 julystorm22
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2018 8:10:21 PM
Oh, I should have specified, a real man can fight back if need be or defend his family. I don't mean he should go and start fights cause that is definitely not good.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 11:39:39 AM

You watch too many truck commercials and get giddy about it. :)
 julystorm22
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 11:53:25 AM
I do. But the thing is, I see these kinds of guys all the time. I try not to let them see me stare but in my head I am fantasizing about them sexually and imagining a wedding like that from a Harlequin romance novel. These are the guys that rarely contact me online.
 2ufo
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 11:57:06 AM

You watch too many truck commercials and get giddy about it. :)

No kidding.

The only bar fight I saw (when I was much younger and actually went to a bar with some friends), a guy did the movie thing about breaking his beer bottle.

"Whoa! Whoa!" I actually said that and stepped up to the guy with my hand out like a mother demanding whatever her kid is hiding behind his back. Sheepishly, he handed the broken bottle over and I walked away saying 'carry on'. The fight dissolved into a group of embarrassed guys who all went their own way.

I was SUCH an idiot.
But, it still gives me grin.

ETA: Good golly, Miss Molly - er, Julie. Let them see you stare. Smile and let them preen for you. Don't approach them, let them approach you. Don't even mention sex or dating or anything other than the weather. Or their vehicle.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 12:07:17 PM
I don't like guys who hunt or fish even though some fish are mildly delicious.
Sports cars and motor bikes are cool though.
Guns also cool but pointless unless the guy is a police officer or armed guard.
My boyfriend is a security guard and he does mma. I love hearing him tell me about people trying to start fights at places he is gaurding at and him putting them in submissions and occasionally choking them out when theyre attacking him. Its so weirdly exciting.
 julystorm22
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 12:09:49 PM
I've probably seen 75 barfights. I spent a year when I was 18 as a bartender at a highway bar. Most of the time the fights went outside to the parking lot. Sometimes patrons who weren't from around would get lippy or grabby with me or the other girls and local guys in the bar would have to haul them out. We never had security except rarely when a live band would play on a weekend or something.

The smalltown bars from around where I grew up had lots of fights. Seemed to just be what all the menfolk did for fun. They'd go to bars in other towns to pick up women and local guys would get upset.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 5:25:41 PM

The smalltown bars from around where I grew up had lots of fights. Seemed to just be what all the menfolk did for fun. They'd go to bars in other towns to pick up women and local guys would get upset.

That explains your "Stone Age" references.

You grew up in an area of full of Neanderthals.
 CBGB77
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 9:15:55 PM

Posted By: fullmoonguy2 on 9/17/2018 741 PM
Subject: Women Don't Know What They Want

That explains your "Stone Age" references.

You grew up in an area of full of Neanderthals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiWu7Csn2HY
 cooldog65
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2018 8:21:21 AM

This girl knows what she wants.

Are you sure since you're bisexual? Just wondering.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2018 5:34:14 PM
^^ especially Chevy 3/4 ton truck commercials
lol
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2018 5:46:01 PM
Liam
That’s a good way of putting it. “Women know what they DON’T want. The past 30 women i’ve messaged have all shown they aren’t interested in shortish, thin, ugly faced guys. Btw, is there a dating site for ugly people?

I read your profile, and at 5'7'' You would have been a guy i would go out with and have before, as I am just two inches taller.
however... the statement about depression, ect,, best to remove it.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2018 9:59:09 PM
^^^I think it's true that most of us (women and men) know first and foremost what we don't want. I gladly accepted jobs with long commutes and ongoing drama when I needed the experience; now I feel I can afford to be more choosy, and I puzzled the recruiter when I turned down a 40 mile commute one way and more drama than this entire forum, even with a high salary. I have recently read the results of a European study which found that over half of women are not willing to commute over an hour even for an lucrative job. So if it sounds like a bad experience you remember all too well, you don't want it, and you may assume, unfairly, that a potential prospect is going to bring that bad experience, he/she may trigger the memories through no fault of their own...
 Seahorse_Jockey
Msg: 93
Posted: 9/19/2018 2:12:49 AM

...a European study which found that over half of women are not willing to commute over an hour even for an lucrative job.

Come to think about it, I don't know any woman who was or is commuting over an hour each way, to get to and from work. But I know and have known lots of guys who do it, or have done it. I wonder why that is. I'm sure there are some women who are willing to do the long commute, but it seems to be more common with men doing it.
 julystorm22
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 7:49:53 AM
I think there are two major reasons for that:

Reason #1:
Women are the primary caregivers of children. They just can't spend as much time driving too and from work. They also can't spend as much time working.

Reason #2:
Women on average, work at lower-paying jobs than men so it isn't worth the gas to drive farther.
 dinno76
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 9:28:39 AM
Bar fights are not exciting when the shooting starts. In the big cities that is usually what happens. Fight inside the bar shooting in the parking lot.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 10:18:43 AM

I've probably seen 75 barfights. I spent a year when I was 18 as a bartender at a highway bar. We never had security except rarely when a live band would play on a weekend or something

I worked at a club for a while when I was 18 as a bar maid. Couldn't stand it. Still like mixing****ails but my ex's alcoholism put me off it. I thought about trying to do security work with my boyfriend but I'm wayy too sensitive so not going to lol.
There is security guards everywhere here. Legit was like a whole team of them at a night club I used to go to but it stopped opening as a night club because someone got stabbed and they couldn't put all the security in place that they had to have.
 cutenerd1866
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 3:13:38 PM

Come to think about it, I don't know any woman who was or is commuting over an hour each way, to get to and from work.

Me. Going one way to work is as short as hour on a good day, and as long as two hours on a bad day. The average commute to work one way is an hour and a half. It's 35 miles through Chicago from one end of the city to the other. But I love my job, so the commute is worth it to me.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 5:42:41 PM
Weather and traffic depending, my one way commute is between 45 minutes to an hour and twenty minutes. For a lucrative salary, I'd sign up for longer.
 MsMicki
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 7:02:40 PM
I was doing right at an hour till I took my new position just recently.
I actually make a little bit less on the hour....but I'm only driving 12 minutes to work....so actually have more money without the gas expense!!

and btw....I know exactly what I want....and I have it!!
but I could sure go for a turtle sundae though....
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 12:42:55 PM
I agree with the basic thought that women desire a larger guy for the evolutionary 'Protector' status. Some have argued it simply makes them feel more 'Feminine' to have a big guy, but really, it's the same thing. It's the same reason guys like large boobs and an hourglass shape - genetics compels us to think that way.

What gets weird about those basic drives is how much people fight it, or pretend what they desire is something else. Women are compelled to be more discriminating about what they want - guys are more obvious - but over time we have pushed these 'needs' into realms of absurdity. You end up with pushy guys and no filter issuing indecent proposals willy-nilly, and you end up with women who hold their 'ideal' man on such a lofty pedestal than hardly anyone could possibly make it work.

Dating worked a couple generations ago because we were not plugged into the internet and this global sized market of possibilities and expectations. We lived in smaller towns or neighborhoods, and only interacted with a few hundred people our entire lives. Best friends were more than close - they were our neighbors. You made a choice to stick with someone and you kept it, because, frankly, there wasn't an option. We made it work. Now, EVERYONE is an 'option', no matter what their status or gifts or looks may be.

There is always going to be someone on the freeway that wants to drive faster than you - and some people won't accept that possibility - until they realize that person is a cop. Or they crash and burn. If you decide to go with the flow, that doesn't mean you are allowed to get to your destination first, or do it the most efficient way possible. Why do so many believe there should be a shortcut to happiness and contentment?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women Don't Know What They Want