Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women Don't Know What They Want      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Women Don't Know What They WantPage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Me. Going one way to work is as short as hour on a good day, and as long as two hours on a bad day.

Ouch! My brother travels from Naperville to Chicago on the train, which takes I think ~an hour. His wife wanted to move there due to having another kid, when they lived within walking distance to his work around downtown. That's two hours out of the day missed! Of course, that's not so abnormal for places like Chicago or NY, I imagine.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Women Don't Know What They Want
Posted: 9/20/2018 4:50:24 PM

Women know what they DON’T want.

And yet, so many still end up with that anyway.
 cutenerd1866
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 8:19:22 PM

Going one way to work is as short as hour on a good day, and as long as two hours on a bad day.

That would be every Friday morning and every Friday afternoon. Although now that they're working on Lake Shore Drive, my morning commute is longer than usual.

My brother travels from Naperville to Chicago on the train, which takes I think ~an hour. That's two hours out of the day missed!

True, but you can do things on a train, like the work I have to do when I get home. I'd like to be able to take a train, but it would be just as long cause it would be multiple trains and a bus. Then I'd be stuck because I work between two schools, so I have to commute from one to the other during the school day. So instead of sitting on a train getting work done, I sit in my car and get lots of reading done! Books on tape have been a lifesaver. For both me, and those in the cars around me. :-P
 julystorm22
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 8:48:26 PM
I have 3 positions with the local health region so depending on which location I'm working at, I have 5, 25 or 35 minute drives to work.
 dinno76
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 11:37:47 AM
You people must live in the country. In the big cities it can take people 2 hours each way to and from work. That is if their is no major delays.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 12:15:11 PM

True, but you can do things on a train, like the work I have to do when I get home.

I guess it depends on your work, but yeah. Although my bro just uses that time to read the news, or read stuff for leisure. I'm sure he probably gets some of the work email and such out of the way during that.

Then I'd be stuck because I work between two schools, so I have to commute from one to the other during the school day.

Ouch! :)

So instead of sitting on a train getting work done, I sit in my car and get lots of reading done!

Awesome! You have one of those self-driving cars! No fair -- I want one of those! :)

Books on tape have been a lifesaver. For both me, and those in the cars around me. :-P

Ahhhh, okay. Makes sense. Still though, I couldn't stand traveling for so long, to/from work. Although I am spoiled, since I don't have to go Anywhere for work - lol. I think my breaking point would be over 45m (with no construction or accidents in play) going to/from. I could deal with a period of time of said construction, knowing it'd pass... but if I had to Leave my place at 8am to get to the office by roughly 9am at the earliest... I'd have to have the biggest dream job in the world - lol.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 3:45:10 AM
Oh I've been on dates where they talked about taking their kids to court over borrowed money....some are out there but there's always that chance...that little glimmer that the stars just might align for you....lol
 siisaa
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 11:08:18 AM

You picked your date. Might want to chat with person before meeting to try to avoid the folks with baggage.

True. Meeting people solely because they looked good in some photos is like going to battle without any armor.
 forumfairy
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 1:40:31 PM
Overall, I will say, most of the women I have been with have known what they wanted. There were a few exceptions but not many.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 2:01:07 PM
msg#110:
Message: Overall, I will say, most of the women I have been with have known what they wanted. There were a few exceptions but not many.

+1
Totally agree.
Most 'people' in general know what they want but are frequently drowned out, overruled by those of higher status who tell them what 'they really want'~
Stay strong people<<<
(Smile)
 oldwxman
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 2:26:48 PM
*Overall, I will say, most of the women I have been with have known what they wanted. There were a few exceptions but not many.

I would venture to guess that ALL of them knew what they wanted. The few exceptions that you cite, probably knew what they wanted too but you were mystified that they wanted bad things. Women are not perfect. Some of them have a dark or unstable side. You just couldn't get your head around their true wishes.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 2:48:46 PM
Knowing what you want - People know they want to be 'Happy' - but how many people know exactly what it is that makes them 'happy'?

Knowing what you want in the abstract doesn't mean you know the path to get there. Not even close. People are guessing - wildly bad sometimes - on how to get that feeling.

Happy
Sated
Secure
Healthy

It's all generic terms - like 'Improved' or 'Better' - and it really means nothing if you cannot elaborate past the abstract, and totally means nothing if you refuse to evaluate past mistakes made by your own decisions.
 forumfairy
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 3:03:00 PM

The few exceptions that you cite, probably knew what they wanted too but you were mystified that they wanted bad things. Women are not perfect. Some of them have a dark or unstable side. You just couldn't get your head around their true wishes.

No, Buddy, I wasn't mystified by any dark side. They were just not sure of their place in life, yet. I'm very selective of whom I date. I prefer women who have their "stuff together".
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 4:03:14 PM
https://www.bolde.com/10-things-women-know-want-differently/

1. YOU DON’T WAIT FOR THE PERFECT MOMENT TO STRIKE.
The first step to success is figuring out what you want. Once that’s done, you actually have to go after what you want. You can’t hold yourself back, or wait until “the time is right” to apply for a job or to ask out your crush. Just do it and get it over with. There’s no sense in waiting.

2. YOU DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THE WRONG PEOPLE.
If you know you want a man who writes poetry and opens doors for you, then you won’t waste your time dating misogynistic men who refuse to treat you like an equal. You’ll kick those poisonous guys right out of your life. There’s no room for them.

3. YOU DON’T LET FAILURE GET YOU DOWN.
If you want something badly enough, you won’t let anyone tell you that you can’t have it. You might get a job application turned down, but that won’t slow you down. You’ll just apply to other jobs in the same field. Eventually, you’ll land one.

4. YOU’RE HONEST ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT.
If you want a promotion, you should make it clear to your boss that you’re willing to take on more responsibility. If you want to marry your boyfriend, you should bluntly tell him that you’re looking for something serious. Don’t skate around your feelings. Blurt them out.

5. YOU SET LITTLE GOALS EVERY SINGLE DAY.
If you’re smart enough to know what job you want, or what man you want to marry, you should also be smart enough to know that you won’t accomplish your mission overnight. That’s why you need to set tiny goals that you can complete on a daily basis. Your big, life goals will take a while.

6. YOU TAKE YOUR PAST INTO CONSIDERATION.
Like everyone else, bad things have happened to you in the past. However, instead of crying over them, you’ll use them as a learning tool. Now you know to stay away from the types of men that have hurt you in the past, and to stay away from jobs that have bored you in the past.

7. YOU OBSERVE.
You learn from more than your mistakes — you’ll also learn from other’s mistakes. That’s why you love people watching. You take a close look at other people’s lives, so that you can learn what you want and don’t want for your own life.

8. YOU DON’T LET OTHERS SWAY YOU.
It doesn’t matter if your parents want you to go into the family business, because if you already know that it’s not the life you want, you won’t settle for it. You’re going to go after your dreams, even if everyone else tells you that you should be following a different path.

9. YOU SPEND TIME ALONE.
Not many people can say that they truly know themselves, but you can. That’s because you’ve spent so much time on your own, trying to figure out what makes you tick. You know yourself better than anyone, which is why you know exactly what you want in life.

10. YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.
Women who know what they want know that they’re capable of getting what they want. They believe that they can accomplish everything that they set out to do, and that optimism helps them shape their dream life.
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 4:23:57 PM
I've seen a countless number of profiles that say "want a guy who will make me laugh." Does that mean if she agrees to meet a guy, he has to show up and do a comedy routine, or have a list of jokes to tell during the date? Maybe she wants a guy who will show up in a Bozo the Clown outfit, and make balloon animals. I doubt many guys would put a requirement, saying he's looking for a woman who will make him laugh.
Posted: 10/16/2018 4:38:36 PM

Maybe she wants a guy who will show up in a Bozo the Clown outfit, and make balloon animals. I doubt many guys would put a requirement

When I say I want a guy that makes me laugh, I simply mean a man who isn't anal and still finds humour in things. I have a sense of humour and could not imagine dating a man who was super serious about everything. Someone told me a very funny story about something that happened to them on a date. Every once in awhile, I think about that and just start hysterically laughing. Now if I were to date an anal guy, he would just think I'm nuts. The man with the sense of humour would fully understand.
 backcreek7
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 9:33:27 AM
^^^
" Women don't know what they want "

... " But if they try sometimes, well they might find ~ they get what they NEED " .. ( Rolling Stones )

... & ps forumfairy ^^^ ~ hope ALL is well, in your life !

... things just fine here > " cause I ain't no saint, ain't no savior ~

... & every other Christmas ( coming up, col ) I practice good behavior "

> heart / sun
 Tech30
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 11:03:52 AM
My wife (yes im now married) knew what she wanted. Luckily she found me at a time when thats what I wanted too.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 1:26:11 PM
Congrats Tech! Happily ever after!
 julystorm22
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 1:54:19 PM
Oh wow, congrats on the marriage!

I think the problem is that women know what they want but think they can't get that so try to settle and then they realize certain things can't be compromised.

I want a guy who is kind and cares about me. Looks-wise, I want someone taller than me and of medium or larger build. Not a fussy eater and likes the food I cook (I'm a good cook and I love trying new recipes and a variety of different ethnic cuisines). Its important to me to find a guy who has an interest in being heathy, including eating better and exercising. Bonus points if he likes hockey, rugby or soccer. And he has to be good with kids. And he has to like sex.
 2ufo
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 3:10:11 PM
Congrats, Tech.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 3:19:58 PM

I think the problem is that women know what they want but think they can't get that so try to settle and then they realize certain things can't be compromised.

I want a guy who is kind and cares about me. Looks-wise, I want someone taller than me and of medium or larger build. Not a fussy eater and likes the food I cook (I'm a good cook and I love trying new recipes and a variety of different ethnic cuisines). Its important to me to find a guy who has an interest in being heathy, including eating better and exercising. Bonus points if he likes hockey, rugby or soccer. And he has to be good with kids. And he has to like sex.

Math exercise: Just general assumptions, not researched facts...
------------------------------------------------------
All other factors being equal - say, 1,000 potentials
1) Likes to have sex - Obvious majority - say 98% - probably a little generous, but...
98% of 1,000 = 980
2) Taller than 5' 8" - since 5' 10" is median height - about 66%
66% of 980 = 647
3) Medium or larger build - so not overweight or underweight - about 40%
40% of 647 = 259
4) Interested in being healthy - eating better - and exercise - three points in one, but assume more than half are still O.K.
60% of 259 = 156 (rounding up)
5) Not a fussy eater - more than half
60% of 156 = 94
6) Like your cooking - no offense, but women always think they cook better than they can
45% of 156 = 71
7) Good with kids - HIGHLY subjective - 'having kids' would be 50% - being 'Good' - substantially less
31% of 71 = 22 (probably a generous percentage)
8) Sports fan of your choice - say more than likely, but not everyone
78% of 22 = 18 (rounding up)

That little paragraph chops 1,000 people down to 18. Seems like 18 would be do-able, right? But what about the guys' checklist, too? They have a few deal breakers. It certainly wouldn't take much to hack that 18 into several decimal points below "1". My point is that knowing what you want doesn't mean THAT is what is going to be available. There is absolutely nothing out there to prove those 18 guys would even care that you exist, much less want them.

Having a wish list is cool - gives us goals to strive for - but there is a point when you gotta realize what is possible and what is just - that little kid circling every-other toy in the Christmas catalog - hoping Santa will deliver. Men AND women are both guilty of this pleasure - and just because the catalog has grown as big as the internet itself, doesn't make those choices any less childish.
 forumfairy
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 4:17:11 PM

& ps forumfairy ^^^ ~ hope ALL is well, in your life !

... things just fine here > " cause I ain't no saint, ain't no savior ~

... & every other Christmas ( coming up, col ) I practice good behavior "

Things are well in my life! Thank you for asking.

^^^ funny, every other Christmas I misbehave. I should take a walk on the wild side.

Candy came from out on the island, In the backroom she was everyone's darling.........And the colored girls go, doo, doo, doo.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 4:45:22 PM

Having a wish list is cool - gives us goals to strive for - but there is a point when you gotta realize what is possible and what is just - that little kid circling every-other toy in the Christmas catalog - hoping Santa will deliver. Men AND women are both guilty of this pleasure - and just because the catalog has grown as big as the internet itself, doesn't make those choices any less childish
I think most of us have a wish list. in the real world, you find as close as you can and if that isn't close enough, you stay single (or get involved only to regret and/or end it). for some, it is nothing more than a fantasy and having a partner that likes them back is enough. for others, nothing short of perfection will do! if you picked the first ten profiles and only those ten, you would find one to be closest. if those were the only options you would ever have, you would either pick one or quit. now, with endless options, the best of those ten are not even on your list! pick the best out of 10,000? no, not good enough, there are more choices and maybe one of those are better.
 backcreek7
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 5:12:21 PM
^^^ Happy to hear that FF, if I remember correctly ~ your job would be QUITE stressful. Hopefully you don't do that one anymore. But if this is the case, please know everyone sane out here appreciates it ( & no no no my friend, there are a few more out here, then one might think > maybe, lol )

Anyhoo > THANK YOU !

& btw ??? Your not related to " that " > sugarplumFAIRYdude are ya ?? You know, the guy headed to the APOLLO, lookin' for soulfood ?

WOW !!!! That cat could go ! go !! go !!!

col / S
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women Don't Know What They Want