Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > POF fatigue      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 26
view profile
History
POF fatiguePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Newyorker, was your reply (msg25) below mine (msg 24) intended for me?
If so ……..you're way off base.

Were you responding only to the OP?

Do you read the Forums from a 3x5 screen? Do you only read the latest post and nothing prior?
Wake up pay attention OK? Go back several posts and read.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 27
view profile
History
POF fatigue
Posted: 5/19/2018 5:47:53 AM
I do not know what you're talking about. I read thru everything. My response was to the OP.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 28
view profile
History
POF fatigue
Posted: 5/19/2018 6:07:16 AM

Newyorker, was your reply (msg25) below mine (msg 24) intended for me?

ROFL

and that's why you should mention a post number when replying and quoting since the forums are now just one long conversation. If it's confusing to the people posting, it's completely baffling to any one who's new to here. Makes me wonder who's killing the forums
 NewYorker58
Msg: 29
view profile
History
POF fatigue
Posted: 5/19/2018 6:35:44 AM
I'm not passive-aggressive. If I was commenting to her post, I would have addressed her or otherwise made that clear. I addressed the op's statement about sexting, so it's plain to see who I'm responding to.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 30
view profile
History
POF fatigue
Posted: 5/19/2018 6:39:06 AM
If your referring to me, I wasn't commenting on your post but on the fact it can be so confusing trying to figure out who's referring to who when making posts

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
POF fatigue
Posted: 5/19/2018 8:04:09 AM
I find it very rare that people talk on the phone. For me, the process is usually messaging here then move to texting so we don't have to sign into the site. There are phone calls sometimes but they are rare. I've even had woman tell me they rather text over talking in the phone.
 cooldog65
Msg: 32
view profile
History
POF fatigue
Posted: 5/19/2018 8:21:03 AM

I loathe "texting".

I'm a talker, not a texter. Texting is way too slow for me and lacks the ebb and flow of conversation. I like a deep conversation.
 south_city
Msg: 33
POF fatigue
Posted: 5/20/2018 2:18:45 PM

I find it very rare that people talk on the phone. For me, the process is usually messaging here then move to texting so we don't have to sign into the site. There are phone calls sometimes but they are rare. I've even had woman tell me they rather text over talking in the phone.

Many women in particular younger ones ( at least in my experience ) prefer texting over phone calls. I'm not opposed to a short phone call before setting up an initial date / meeting. But it's not mandatory.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 34
view profile
History
POF fatigue
Posted: 5/20/2018 5:28:00 PM
Getting a number (house phone) is part of gathering intel. I give all info to my family, and use the number to do some researching. I would have to speak to someone over the phone first. A person can cover up a lot by just messaging.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 35
view profile
History
POF fatigue
Posted: 5/20/2018 5:57:46 PM
Or, you could find yourself in the forums, and forget this messaging nonsense. I'm reasonably certain the door on my mailbox is rusted shut. I lost the will to message many years ago. The only responses I ever got was on the forums. If I'm going to write, it's here.
 Coral_Pearl
Msg: 36
view profile
History
POF fatigue
Posted: 5/20/2018 7:23:13 PM
Thanks everyone for the responses. I read every one and am thinking about my approach, and style. I guess I need to just relax and not have so many expectations. 20 years out of the scene, still learning how this works. Happy weekend all. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > POF fatigue