Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Change of life      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 acrosstheplains
Msg: 26
Change of lifePage 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

I too somehow completely missed this thread until today. How curious said the to the
I confess I used the enhanced disclosure for a trainee ADI licence as a cheap way (£6.00) of getting an enhanced certificate, now that they are semi portable for a short duration. Before that I had to spend £30 on a standard disclosure for an IT job myself.
I did think about continuing with the process, but as Chappy says, it really isn't cheap to get to just approved status.
Then you have to set up shop and compete with all the other riff raff and build up a client base that leads to referals.
There was another thread somewhere about the trials and tribulations of the instructor. Missed lessons with little or no notice, seriously bad students that prang the car which is a serious headache for the one person band because then you're car less for a while. Hiring a dual pedal car ain't cheap as a corsa from europcar.
 10ky
Msg: 27
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 4:37:44 AM
In your place, I would become a fortune-teller or equivalently, a counselor. It's piece o cake. Just claim to be one. (PS: I AM NOT KIDDING. YOU CAN DO THAT IN THE UK.)
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 28
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 4:53:34 AM
My friend is a psychotherapist

She has a BA. A bsc and a masters. She's also a qualified mh nurse.

I'm not a counsellor but I've used counselling techniques with addicts such as brief intervention and motivational interviewing. I've written two dissertations on issues such as poverty. Youth work and the techniques you use to intervene when someone is in crisis when they are suffering from addiction.

There are people in the field who work very hard at what they do and are very well qualified
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 5:03:11 AM
Well it isn't the job I'd choose for myself, actually I really want to be the bloke who used to design IT systems for a living and enjoyed the problem solving when things went wrong. But this country is very ageist when coming to employing people thinking that anyone my age is only able to hold down a job in B&Q showing people how to use a screwdriver.

So I have researched this a bit. I'm finding the learning phase interesting, I need mental stimulation and challenges. I've just passed my part 1 one exam which is about rules and hazard perception. I'm doing self awareness of my own driving and others with part 2 driving test booked for October. I've got a 2 day course booked before that as well as some driving lessons and a whole heap of study. It's what I need, to be occupied and challenged.
 rekirked
Msg: 30
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 8:20:39 AM
Chap, ever considered going it alone in IT?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 9:24:15 AM
Loads of times. Give me a cobol coding pad and a pencil and I'm away :-)

Actually I still have one, wonder if they have any value?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 10ky
Msg: 32
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 9:42:45 AM
Cobol is long dead and defunct. Try your hand at java (freeware) and/or .Net.

It's OOP as you'll prolly be aware ... pretty different philosophy from good ole sequential Cobol
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 10:01:16 AM
If you think counselling is a piece of cake, Tena, why don't you try it? I absolutely guarantee that you'd make a complete hash of it. Why? Because not only do you know nothing about the education and experience involved, but you lack any of the basic skills required to be able to sit and talk with someone in a way that could have a positive impact on their lives.
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 34
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 10:34:39 AM
Lolz.

I could just imagine Dr Paul who thinks rape is amusing and suicide as well

Counselling someone!!!!!!!!!!

And god help women if they had tets and a decent arse. He'd be struck off for trying to shag them

Honestly. You need empathy to counsel someone. He's got zero.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 11:02:26 AM

I'm not a counsellor but I've used counselling techniques with addicts such as brief intervention and motivational interviewing

I worked with people going through addiction recovery for a year, and took a course in motivational interviewing too. MI, brief intervention, and solution focused therapy techniques work well with people in recovery because it's taking one step at a time. Traditional therapy models work with people who are ready for them. There's rarely a one size fits all even then, and although I'm primarily Gestalt (and love it), I also use solution focused, cognitive and emotive behavioural therapy, transactional analysis, and straightforward person-centred techniques, all of which dovetail nicely with Gestalt. I'm not a fan of NLP.

None of which will make sense to the troll, of course.
 10ky
Msg: 36
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 1:32:26 PM
Dr Paul here Dr Paul there. I've seen this before several times happening to several people and I find it rather intriguing. Cannae quite pin down the reason for which people tend to hate/mock people who are generally regarded as educated by society. I even wrote a thread about it on here. What's your take on the matter counsela?

PS: It's nice to see you this proud of youself; peppering your posts with, erm, buzzwords, counsela, mate. In fact, I didn't know what gestalt is. Google do though and I'm honestly disappointed. Big words; very little substance. No wonder there's such a surplus of psychologists (let alone counselas).
 acrosstheplains
Msg: 37
Change of lint
Posted: 8/17/2018 1:45:36 PM
Regrettably the single most effective way is to totally ignore the miscreant. Talking sense, appealing to a better nature, bargaining, reasoning, browbeating or shouting out, never works. Even making indirect references will provide sustenance.
So remember don't even say in a month's time, something like "Isn't it so much more pleasant here"
Zero reaction. No positive reaction, no negative reaction. Or as the professionals say, the grey rock technique. Because the attention of miscreants is taken by the black or the white rocks, the grey rocks have no interest.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 1:50:51 PM
^^^ Just goes to show how ignorant you are, doesn't it, Tena? I suggest you look at the difference between psychology and psychotherapy for starters. Buzzwords? You have much to learn. You may find you are far less superior than you think you are. Anyway, the reason you seem to enjoy mocking educated people can be found in that handy narcissistic personality list. I suggest you read it.
 acrosstheplains
Msg: 39
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 2:00:11 PM
really ^^^^^^^^ try it
 10ky
Msg: 40
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 2:02:04 PM
-counsela
kay. Next time I'll lie/fake being impressed so that I do not appear narcissistic if that makes you happy. Ehh, honesty is so rare this day n age that it is often mistaken for rudeness or even narcissism apparently. Allah help us.
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 41
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 2:07:04 PM
Silly me.

Forgot that my degree and two post grads pale into insignificance

Generally regarded as educated? Here's a list of the subjects I've done to degree level and beyond. Accounts. Economics. IT. Marketing. Human resources. Maths. Statistics. Law. Youth work. Adult education. 8 modules at masters level in mental health and addictions. I've also studied a and p as part of my fitness quals.

I've also got highers in French. German. English. Maths. Accounts. Economics and Modern Studies.

Do you think you are the only educated person on earth? I've delivered trainings in youth work. Drugs. Alcohol. Suicide prevention.

Anyone with half an ounce of common sense might get that someone calling you Dr Paul was taking the piss. Ie. Not to be taken seriously.

It doesn't give you the right to write other people off as ill educated.

I know loads of people who have science degrees. They don't all act like the big I am.

My mum also has a degree and two post grads. She could wipe the floor with loads of people academically. Not only is she well educated. She's well read. One of the most intelligent people I have ever met. And one of the most humble. Unlike you. Big heed

Ie not someone who thinks her academic ability means she's something and people should respect her simply because she has those qualifications

imanorangetiger
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 3:27:45 PM
You have never been bedfellows with honesty, Tena. It's not worth pretending you are now when it's plain that you still can't manage it. Perhaps if you'd simply admitted that understanding psychotherapy is beyond your comprehension and abilities...

Plains: the problem with ignoring a narcissist in this context is that he'll simply tbink he's 'won'. He won't stop. He never has. He simply waits for the next new person to come along.
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 43
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 3:34:43 PM
Of course he hasnt. He's a bare faced liar. Even when confronted with his shite behaviour he attempts to lie about it. He accuses everyone of the personality traits he displays. He thinks he's better than everyone because he's got a PhD in physics and even though he's ridiculously articulate he dumbs himself down on here to fit in with us plebs.

To the point that people actually did think he works in a pub

Epic cringe. Imagine rocking up to a seminar delivered by Dr Paul on physics and then seeing his posts on here where all he talks about is tets arse and Jack and Danny.

The recurring them on here is I am better than you. Well guess what. You aren't.

I spent five years at uni. I got into two post grad courses that are extremely hard to get into. One is only delivered at one Scottish University.

But I take people as I find them. I don't care if someone has a double first or one o grade. It's who you are that counts.

Counsellors and psychotherapists can literally save peoples lives.

I've saved people's lives even though I'm not a counsellor. I've talked people out of suicide. I've been the first person there after someone has been raped.

You know. All the things you think are funny and laugh at.

Why don't you wind your neck in and stop playing the smart arse. You are impressing no one. Your PhD does not entitle you to act like a sanctimonious wee prick on repeat.

You are a horrible wee Internet gangster. You wet your pants when someone threatened to fight you on here

You do not have the brain you were born with or you would engage it a bit more often before you typed.

What have you got on here? When was the last time you posted anything remotely sensible. The Brexit thread? The rest is just a drooling pile of tets fanny arse I've got a PhD you bunch of clowns

Wind your neck in or just eff off. You're about as funny as a dose of the clap

Imagine being your age and being a full blown unhinged misogynist.

Sad. And I don't care what nanes you call me going forward. Am quaking in my boots wee man.

imanorangetiger
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 4:42:57 PM
Maybe he doesn't dumb down. Maybe dumb is his default and he has to work harder than most to appear halfway smart. That's not to say that he doesn't know a lot about his chosen field, just that he knows bugger all about anything else. Especially about how people work. After all, he sticks raw rice in microwave and expects it to cook. Pretty elementary stuff.
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 45
Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 7:41:47 PM
That's why he wants a traditional relationship. He will earn the cash. She'll cook for him. Because he can't boil an egg.

Remember the thread where he messaged someone and she asked him what kind of relationship he was looking for and she told him to gtf? Scottish lassies aren't daft.

If she did work she still has to cook for him and leave it wrapped with love in the microwave.

He doesn't do microwave dinners you see. Although munchy boxes are acceptable.

God. Poor lassie that marries him is going to get one huge shock when she realises he can't make toast.
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 46
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 12:11:11 AM
And his life is pretty much the way he likes it.

Chasing after birds. Enough fresh tet as he called it. Why all the self pity threads. I'm not sure.

It's just kidology at its finest. Poor me. Sniff sniff.

Poor misunderstood wee boffin

And the reason some women don't like him isn't because of his height.

It's because he sees women as bits of meat as evidenced by the message he sent his sisters boss

Poor me. Sniff sniff. Cannae think what I said what was so bad sniff sniff

She was a proper milf.sniff sniff. Thought she might let me bone her. Sniff sniff
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 47
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 12:49:58 AM
Honesty!!!! Seriously. You've lied your face off on here on numerous occasions and you are going on about honesty.

I personally don't know anyone who mocks educated people. You do though because you see them as not being quite as educated as you

Michelle told you on here ages ago that you were seriously lacking in empathy (and quite a lot more)

That was of course dismissed as people not being as fun as you are.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 1:05:34 AM
I've just Googled what a 'munchy box' is: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchy_box?wprov=sfla1

No wonder he's a lardarse. Good lord. And this muck will not help his mental attitude and processing one bit. I laughed at the mention of 'a salad item' in the box. If anyone needs a change in life here, it's Tena, unless he's going to rely on his mummy to cook, wash, and iron for him until she croaks.
 UKBunny
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 1:17:48 AM
I'm not really following this thread - just stopped by to say that
down South 'Munchy Box' has nothing to do with food........

Paulineandzeus
Msg: 50
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 1:17:51 AM
Ha, it's hilarious that they give you salad in a 4000 cal disaster.

I assume he won't be eating them as he's left Scotland (of course it has to be Scotland who makes this unhealthy lardy shit up).

You can get Chinese munchy boxes as well. Less common though.

My mate from Essex told me that he got pissed one new year and wanted a chip kebab.

Think you get them up here as well but they are called a hoggi

(shudders)

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Change of life