Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Change of life      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 51
Change of lifePage 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
The most ridiculous thing about you Paul is that you accuse other people of behaviour you do yourself. I almost ended myself laughing when you were telling Irene the stuff someone on here did. Oh Irene. Isn't he terrible. He sent explicit messages to a woman. Look what you did to me. It's hysterical. Hi Irene. I'm a good wee dude. No a sex pest nae? That is exactly what you are.

The only bigger laugh I had was when square referred to you as a sex crime. And you are trying to fire into Irene from thousands of miles away. Knowing you'll never meet her

'she was nice n fun, why doesn't she want to sleep with me?'

You are actual comedy gold.

Seriously.
 10ky
Msg: 52
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 3:07:21 AM
Counsela, you are better than me. Smarter, taller, younger, healthier, more attractive and more successful all round. Is it OK now? You won hands down. Yeah? I think it's time for a wee break now. What do you think?
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 3:57:32 AM

: Counsela, you are better than me. Smarter, taller, younger, healthier, more attractive and more successful all round. Is it OK now? You won hands down. Yeah? I think it's time for a wee break now. What do you think?

I am indeed taller, healthier, and would seem by all accounts to be more attractive to other people. At 33, I would also appear to have been smarter and more worldly wise. Successful? I am comfortable. Am I better than you? In my view, no-one is better or worse than anyone else, only being better or worse than they can be in themselves. We all have talents to make the best use of. We all have the potential to be the best that WE can be, regardless of how that corresponds to other people. I believe that I am working well towards making the best of mine, and seeing the benefits of that. If you put your mind to it, you could stop being a victim, become less of a pretentious**** accept your current limitations, and work towards being a decent person. People might actually begin to like you.
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 54
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 3:59:53 AM
The saddest thing is that when you meet him in person you think he's ok. Online he's an unhinged bampot.

Hes actually a complete manipulative idiot. Who in a gazillion years would say the stuff he said to me then expect me to big him up so he can get in someone's pants. He's a piece of work

Calculating nasty piece of work.

Hurts people and gets off on it. All this poor me tripe on here is just for show.

Justanotherchap
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 4:04:36 AM

Cobol is long dead and defunct. Try your hand at java (freeware) and/or .Net.

Wrong again. Cobol is used by most major corporations. Explain to me how OOP is not sequential?
 10ky
Msg: 56
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 4:05:39 AM
That's correct, Counsela. Will you now stop stalking me? Perhaps you'll start talking about something or someone else besides me? (:
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 4:19:42 AM
Stalking? Really? Just because your bad behaviour being put on display is spoiling your chances of appearing to be poor put upon Tena, that's stalking? A wise man would fully accept what he's doing in the face of evidence, rather than deny, deflect and play the victim. But not you, it seems. In fact, why are you even here? You don't live in the UK. You live in Malta. With mummy. If you want to carry on trolling, do it on the global forums. See how you fare there. Go ask Leon how he's doing.
 10ky
Msg: 58
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 4:20:38 AM
-chap
No, Cobol is a legacy language. It is only used to maintain existing (old/legacy) code. No new applications is written in Cobol. Sequential vs OOP is all a matter of "programming philosophy" and it's a tad lengthy an argument; however, the net is full of resources. First entry which google showed is:

http://numod.ins.uni-bonn.de/grape/MANUAL/manual/node91.html

and is an okish explanation. From a hardware point of view, however, it is hard to tell what an OS's kernel decides to execute concurrently or sequentially especially considering that modern CPUs are multi-core. Basically, even bits of sequential code such a Cobol or C might end up executing concurrently (at least in principle) as you'll be aware.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 4:39:28 AM
Chap is right. People are crying out for COBOL coders. Even if they're legacy systems, someone has to maintain them. I did the same with analogue phone systems alongside digital, while my ex wife spent over 25 years coding on Model 204 because it was being imminently replaced forever.
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 60
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 5:00:19 AM
I bet he doesn't live with mummy.

But when Scarey made a complete off the cuff guess at where he lived and got it right. I got the blame for telling people and I hadn't.

As orange says. You live in malta. Go and troll elsewhere.
 10ky
Msg: 61
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 5:42:10 AM
-counsela

The imbecile just spent 3 minutes googling what we are talking about and then came here spouting shite just like a shit fountain simply to appear as if he's got the slightest idea of what we are talking about. Nevermind that 99.9999999% of the Cobol codes is extremely stable and does not require any maintenance whatsoever. Nevermind that to maintain code it takes a bit more than a "programmer". You need to have inside-out knowledge of the whole system; programming in Cobol is the least of all concerns as it happens. As a matter of fact, it does not take much to learn to program in any language. It's the (computer) science and experience on that particular system what matters. Nevermind that all that makes maintenance jobs in systems written in Cobol veryyyyyyyyy limited and the few jobs out there are for experts not just a "Cobol programmer".

Counsela, as you can see, this is not counseling - i.e., not within everybody's grasp. (<- that was said just to emphasis the extent of the annihilation the counsela just experienced.)

Oh lord. I love me. xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VtG7sLu6VY

(bows to the sound of a roaring applause)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 6:44:50 AM
Well there is a certain amount of sense in what you say but there are constant changes to any system due to regulation for example. So an understanding of the system you are working on is actually the important bit and I am not referring to the hardware there, that's for others to deal with in a large corporation. COBOL is constantly updated within the standards. Google is my friend in this case - "Expansions include support for structured and object-oriented programming. The current standard is ISO/IEC 1989:2014." I doubt anyone would trouble to write new standards if the code was set in aspic. The thing about Cobol is that it has been around 50 years and still in use. How does that compare to many new hip languages, you know the ones which were the next coming thing but long since disappeared.
 10ky
Msg: 63
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 9:35:06 AM
-chap

I agree. Cobol was very successful and it is only now that it is declining in popularity. Compare to VB.net or Fortran even, that's a huge success. Both VB and Fortran had a much quicker demise and I bet .NET will eventually die out once windows declines in popularity. That won't happen any time soon. Lemme ask. Are you a programmer? Are you familiar with Linux especially Linux-based servers? If you are, you're rich without knowing.

I do not personally write Cobol so I am not familiar with the standards you are quoting. All flies over my head essentially. I am a C (ANSI C primarily) guy. C has been around for 46 years and it still going very strong primarily on embedded hardware. I am not a programmer, however. Hardware is what I do so C and C++ and a bunch of assembly language sets (for Intel, <3 ARM <3 , and a few dozen 8-bit devices) is what I need. Can do Matlab, python and a little .NET but no Java whatsoever.

This is a very interesting conversation, I must say..
 Spectrallight
Msg: 64
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 9:45:15 AM
My lads been doing a lot of Python in his first year of University. He's been enjoying it.
 10ky
Msg: 65
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 9:50:28 AM
^^
Ah! Great to hear. He must be doing physics or engineering then. (my guess is physics as Matlab seems to be the darling of engineers).

Spectrallight
Msg: 66
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 10:03:50 AM
No, It's a degree in It & Computing. He isn't at the point to choose a branching path yet.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 10:20:10 AM
Back playing NPD bingo, are we, Tena? I've just ticked item one again. I worked with IT systems for 18 years. While you were still playing with your sisters' dollies. As you admit, most of it goes over you head but still you try your point scoring.

Pillock.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 10ky
Msg: 68
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 10:34:04 AM
-spec

Python is a mathematically-oriented language. I wasn't aware they cover that sort of language in IT/comp. It's good they do. Good luck to your son.
 NellyPhantasist
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 4:33:28 PM
Is that fvckwit for real?

Any website designer worth their salt is fully appraised and acclimatised with various coding languages....does he really think 'coding'...the ability to ..is exclusive?

What a prick.....my kids have mastered coding 10 years past...without a PhD.

I don't believe he was a university lecturer anyway ..... I think he conned Pauline.
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 70
Change of life
Posted: 8/19/2018 6:54:47 AM
He is a university lecturer. That is the one thing he's not lying about.

If you know his full name and Google him his profile comes up for Glasgow uni complete with his photo and also at the uni he used to lecture at which he has returned to. He lectured there after he got his masters degree and he came to Scotland to do his PhD and he has gone back to his original job as the understanding was that he would go back there to lecture after his PhD was completed

He's written or part written loads of research papers. The profile lists all of those as well.

I know it's hard to believe at times with the guff he writes on here but he's absolutely not telling lies about the job he does or his academic credentials.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/20/2018 1:02:08 AM
This is the guy then
https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/physics/research/groups/imagingconcepts/staff%20and%20students/mr%20paul%20zammit/

and here back in Malta

https://www.um.edu.mt/profile/paulzammit
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 72
Change of life
Posted: 8/20/2018 2:03:33 AM
Yeah that's Paul.

As you can see. Clever guy.
 rekirked
Msg: 73
Change of life
Posted: 8/20/2018 3:00:15 AM
That rather depends on your interpretation of the word “clever”

Bad form to out his real self on here IMO.
 Jacknher
Msg: 74
Change of life
Posted: 8/20/2018 3:20:50 AM
There is a reason dating sites use "user names" rather than having people broadcast their real christian and surnames.

There are also forum rules against "naming and shaming" people for wrongs your perceive then to have done you.

10ky....pain in the ar5se though he certainly was......gave Pauline his work/contact details etc never expecting her to broadcast them on an open forum.

And in my opinion Pauline, you should not have published enough details about him to make it so easy for complete strangers find his past and current work place. Very bad form.

^^^^^ sorry kirk beat me to it....
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 8/20/2018 3:48:58 AM
But those very rules also mean that people can get away with the abuse 10KY has been dishing out here for the last year or so. Paul as we now call him, has taken no responsibility for his own actions and has only got away with what he has because there are no moderators here. Because of that lack of mods, there must have been hundreds/thousands of posts telling him how wrong he was but he took no notice.

Knowing now that he really does exist and has access to students, knowing of all the previous historical investigations when everyone turned a blind eye to abuse, are you saying he should somehow be allowed to stay invisible?
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Change of life